Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that the HODL approach is good bitcoin?  (Read 3499 times)
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:00:36 AM

Bitcoin is very good in the long run. But do not wait for profit in a few months, it is necessary to wait a few years for profit.

at December 2017 people spoke differently

It's truth, but you wouldn't be holding then - It would be some kind of trading. The best money is definitely on trading if you educated yourself and you know what you're doing. Also if you don't sell on loss.

Holding is a pretty safe option if you know what you want - But long term investments are not for everybody, it takes a really good amount of self control to be able to survive that time. Smart people will do something else and focus their attention there while holding and using some of that money to continue buying Bitcoin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:35:18 AM

Every Bitcoin investor cannot thrive without exercising patience. It is through patience that Bitcoin investors tend to HODL. Bitcoin is one of the very few coins performing incredibly well on the market yet takes time to gradually rise on the market. Bitcoin does not follow the pump and dump trend, hence rises gradually on the market.
Holding Bitcoin especially when the price goes down is the best thing to do as you wait for the bull market.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
jameswell

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:06:58 AM

I personally have been hodling Bitcoin for a period of time (>2 years), and there is no reason for me not doing so for the foreseeable future.  I would buy more if the price keeps going down.
Keep in mind,very few people can make a profit in trading anything including Bitcoin.
Comparing to the whales, a retail investor lacks all the resources that can help him/her to consistently win in trading.
So my thoughts is that, hodl if you have believes in Bitcoin,  and it is the best approach for retail investors, IMHO.
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:11:50 AM

I always think that holding bitcoin now is the right attitude and action bro. because buying bitcoin now the price is down. so it will be a good opportunity. to get profits when the price of bitcoin has started to rise again
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:21:11 AM

The hold is good for people who don't know about bitcoin, and he doesn't have time to learn more about cryptocurrency especially about bitcoin. Besides that, he doesn't think about the fluctuating of the price, and he only knows that he invest in bitcoin for a long time. But for the trader, I think he has two option that he can make related to this which is he can trade bitcoin for daily, weekly, or few days and he can also hold bitcoin especially if the price is down. But for me, the hold is a good decision because I don't make a big profit if I sell a big amount of bitcoin and I prefer to hold until the price increase back.
even in my opinion to hodl you need a lot of knowledge about crypto, because price changes might make you panic if you don't have more knowledge about crypto and the market? you can't say that hodling is only for people who don't have knowledge mate, because hodlng or trade need knowledge
Beatrix77

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:38:24 AM

Regardless of market fluctuations by HODL your money in the bear market and against the negative hype, you are helping to stabilize the market and invest in the future. While a financial gain isn't guaranteed, you can rest assured knowing that your money is contributing to building a valuable future, not a hype.
Cryptogames999

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

Help the victim scammed by ColdKey

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:43:34 AM

Bitcoin is very good in the long run. But do not wait for profit in a few months, it is necessary to wait a few years for profit.

at December 2017 people spoke differently
hmm, if that was the reason then we should think another business for life and food etc. I think this could be second source of rely income.

SCAMMED 0.7+ BTC       ★   Charity Auction   ★      COLDKEY SCAM (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5434623.0)
Dragonhell

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:06:21 AM

I think at the present time we should all HODL Cryptos that we own not just bitcoin. In order to grow your Bitcoin number, you should have clear investment strategies that will bring you a lot of profits.
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:17:41 AM

My principle in investing in bitcoin is not to sell before getting a big profit, just leave it and keep patiently waiting even if you have to wait a long time. For that, of course, for me, holding back is the best way to avoid the risk of loss in bitcoin investment.
ghosong

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:58:25 AM

Hodl can be good if you are an investor who has a lot of money to invest and you have many ways of earning. But if you don't have enough money to invest and wait for a longer period of time. You have to think hard to generate daily profits, that's what happened to me, I sold a portion of my assets to take part in several ICO projects, and it managed to cover my daily needs.
samuel23

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:20:13 AM

My mate made capital on hodling at the right time. I' m just too nervous to HODL, so I'm trading. It's rather time-consuming, but the good point is that it's the only thing I do for living now and that's enough for me.
katerinaliisa

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:51:44 AM

I believe that long - term investments in bitcoin will give a good result. In the long term, bitcoin will grow, despite the fact that compared to last year, its price has fallen.

AIDUS.IO ▲▼ Global Decentralized Funding Platform
• ● PRE-SALE START: 11 DEC 2018 ● • (https://aidus.io/)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:58:46 AM

Do you think that the HODL approach is good bitcoin?
Sometimes I think that because so many people HODL it makes is easier for some big players to manipulate the price.

I wonder what the community think about it.
I personally HODL for almost a year, I made some money and lost some money, But generally, I'm positive about the long run. I'm just curious about the fact that maybe we are the one who make it possible for big companies to influence the price in such an easy way

Still for me holding bitcoin is the best strategy to approach this number one coin

Maybe this may sounds bias but i hold my bitcoins for long and you can take it from me

And besides bitcoin is not good for daytrading because this is a slow moving cryptocurrency and you cant even gain 5%per day.
Rosesie

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:54:38 AM

Of course, the HODL approach is good to bitcoin because it helps the price of bitcoin more stable. If HODL already help maitain the market up to now
romelitoparcon

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:27:33 AM

There is nothing you can do that will be bad for Bitcoin. Do whatever suits you best. You need to feel comfortable with your actions on the market.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:09:14 PM

Sometimes I think that because so many people HODL it makes is easier for some big players to manipulate the price.

I personally HODL for almost a year, I made some money and lost some money, But generally, I'm positive about the long run. I'm just curious about the fact that maybe we are the one who make it possible for big companies to influence the price in such an easy way
I can't really get you. How can anyone manipulate the price if we hold bitcoins. Even if there are a lot of holders for bitcoins, many prefer trading for bitcoins in short terms. Bitcoins are grown to a wide range now and it is nearly impossible bto manipulate the price for them as you mentioned. Bitcoin markets depends on demand and supply factor. Even if we hold bitcoins, it gets ahead into the demand part. Demand still stays high even if most of peoples are hodling them.

This might not lead for a price manioulation indeed.
Only the ones who are trading on with bitcoins in short terms get the right to play with the price and the rest who are holding has to simply wait and keep an eye on the price to grow up.
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:43:41 PM

When the prices are down on the market, everyone shift to ''hold'' tactic to take care of themselves. But the results aren't always good, sometimes you should wait a lot for profit. Perhaps if you have already sold it instead of waiting and investing to another, you would have more profit 2 or even 3 times. My advice is, don't fear risk and always pay attention to news.

Actually it depends much on the current situation that lead one to a suitable method. We can’t deny that Hodl is one of the best option when the market drops continually and dramatically. But you have to be more flexible, you should keep analyzing the market in order that you can commit some another measures. Don’t Hodl for a very long time, because as I think if so, plus to unluck, you probably get into a big loss. So sometimes Hodl may bring you serious trouble. Anyway, besides hodl, definitely we have many other solutions, don’t just set your mind in hodl way when market is in dip. You’d better capitalize on hodl then keep finding a new solution.
mcneLubB

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:59:51 PM

I think so too, because few people have a lot of bitcoins, because price is too big! And whales have more chances to play dirty games
Qurelal

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:24:51 PM

Traditional investors treat HODL investors as maniacs who buy and store cryptocurrencies regardless of price. But this method is the only rational approach to such a volatile asset as bitcoin is. In the cryptocurrency market, all attempts to choose the right time to buy are obviously doomed to failure.
bitcoins94

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:56:14 PM

For me it is the right approach. I am getting as many AML BitCoins as I can and I will keep them for a very long time. I know this coin will make it to the top spot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: