Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters hurting themselves?  (Read 658 times)
KS03 (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 101

Hi I'm KS03

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:34:17 AM

It occurred to me today that with the market in this fragile state bounty hunters could end up ruining bounties and having this opportunity closed off to them in the future if the dumping continues as soon as the tokens are released and an exchange begins trading. The coins just cannot handle the dump at this time with the market so low and everyone so timid.  The projects will find a different means of promotion as paying us in their tokens will no longer be an option as it would harm the project to much.  

Thoughts?

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER[/color]  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════[/table]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Agutin

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:15:14 AM

firstly, hunters do not have so many coins that would be hard to dump. in the second, investors themselves will be dumped to a greater degree. because you can get 20-30% profit and re-buy at the bottom. and the bounty will not die because it is essentially a cheap labor force, it can get tougher by the rules but it will
Dm.Stepanoff

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:20:03 AM

firstly, hunters do not have so many coins that would be hard to dump. in the second, investors themselves will be dumped to a greater degree. because you can get 20-30% profit and re-buy at the bottom. and the bounty will not die because it is essentially a cheap labor force, it can get tougher by the rules but it will
I agree, in this market it is very difficult to collect money and the project for which it is necessary to raise money will not give the last money for advertising in other sources. and it's easier to make a bounty because they do not lose anything in case of a failure. And for many projects on the token the world does not hold, they use it only as an instrument in their platform and on the pricer they spit
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:23:15 AM

the main idea of it will remain the same even if it is not called "bounty campaign". these shitty ICO coins have been the same for a long time even before ICOs were even a thing. they created premined altcoins then "airdropped" a lot of tokens to random newbies who then dumped them on the market and some bag held and some hyped it up desperately trying to make profit....

so don't worry about it so much, as long as the altcoin market is a pump and dump market and there are gullible newbies who fall for these schemes there will be airdrops. and there will be a lot of people who will dump them as soon as they receive them because they are experienced enough to know there is no future for these coins and they just last for short term.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:33:11 AM

With the current market situation, bounty hunters have faced their share of payment woes, but your reasoning does not stand true, as the need for bounty hunters will not subside but increase accordingly.
eup

Activity: 105
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:47:53 AM

I think this is related to the cryptocurrency market. Now that the cryptocurrency market is in a downturn, many participants may be lost.
nussy

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:51:02 AM

When you are engaging in a bounties campaigns you are promoting the developer coins. And you will surely be paid with the coins at the of the campaigns am not sure there will be an alternative payments to that.  Is left for you as a bounty hunters to select a credibly campaigns to participate in which will give you a reasonable returns at the long run.
The bounty programs can only get better though some modalities can be apply at times goes on.
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:01:26 AM

i think dumb price because more than 1 factor....
And 1-2% alocation fund for bounty, i think not enough to make the token price dumb.
If that happen, surely just 1-2 weeks. After that price will be back to normal (if big investor not brutal selling)

-= OI =-
notreally976

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:09:17 AM

I agree with you, I am also a bounty! Now it's hard to make bounty, ICO scam or so, the price is reduced too! So sad!
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:23:17 AM

It occurred to me today that with the market in this fragile state bounty hunters could end up ruining bounties and having this opportunity closed off to them in the future if the dumping continues as soon as the tokens are released and an exchange begins trading. The coins just cannot handle the dump at this time with the market so low and everyone so timid.  The projects will find a different means of promotion as paying us in their tokens will no longer be an option as it would harm the project to much.  

Thoughts?

Obviously people do join bounties only for them to get some money and they don't usually care about that project and what that future holds. They are just in for the money.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:00:00 AM

The low price of Tokens should not be blame for the selling of tokens by the bounty participants because its only 1% to 2% of the total tokens sold are being distributed  so it is definitely not to big that the price would be in its lowest price (usually below ICO price). Usually hunters received their payment more than 1 to 2 months after the tokensale so it is not really the hunters but the market it self especially now that we are in the bear market.
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 09:01:28 AM

I have noticed that most of the bounty campaigns that I joined that is scheduled to be delivered as of this month has been postponed due to the current market situation. The life of the token totally lies on the team whether they release the token now.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
yusuf36

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:02:33 AM

i think the same way too, with the fall of market, many holder token (not only bounty hunters) did panic sell and make conditions more worse.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:07:05 AM

many join as bounty hunters are not legit, they simply see this is a way to get free coin and dump to the market to make more money.

they have no interest whatsoever to really promote the ICO they join in.
airdropcoin

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:07:31 AM

Thoughts?
All that you said is true, but it is actually the developer's own problem. If they can use BTC or ETH to pay these bounty hunters, their own coins will not be sold. But for them, the cost of paying for hard currency such as ETH or BTC is a bit high. How to pay the bounty in what way is a problem that needs to be solved urgently.

Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:15:08 AM

It is not fair to blame it all in the bounty hunters. Every ico or commonly ico only offer like a small fraction as a reward. Recently I see like 3% or even lower are allocated to rewards for bounty hunters. Most of the investors often blame bounty hunters are the main cause of failing ico when in reality we only receive a little fraction of the ico.
toygama

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:21:21 AM

Thoughts?

Obviously people do join bounties only for them to get some money and they don't usually care about that project and what that future holds. They are just in for the money.

It's seems like that but in other way they are also plays a vital role in making the projects successful and hopefully for the bounty hunters they recognized the effect of early dumping even if it's below ICO price.
Valeri4

Activity: 131

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:30:05 AM

Thoughts?
I agree with the above.Bounty participants do not have many coins.Not everyone wants to sell at a too low price.Bounty is very cheap for the company.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:43:35 AM

it is the nature of these tokens and nothing you can do about it to change that. anybody who has ever received one of these tokens or anyone who has bothered to look at the charts of the previous ones knows well enough that they all will get dumped big time and that means as soon as you receive these tokens you must sell them because that is the highest price you will ever get for these kind of token.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:54:20 AM

Thoughts?

I think this matter is very sensitive. Since we don't know what is the movement of the project owner about promotions. ICO always allocate bounty pool in their target market plan and token allocation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: