Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:24:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Billion People Will Be Using Cryptocurrency in 5 Years: Brian Armstrong  (Read 24034 times)
alexyong342

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

a billion is understatement, it'll be billions Smiley

https://www.altcoinsidekick.com/blog/ignitus
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:22:04 PM

At first, this figure - a billion people - seemed to me too big, but I thought and realized that it is quite real. Cryptocurrency is becoming more and more popular, not only as an investment, but also as a currency. Therefore, I am sure that bitcoin has a great future in our world.
You're right.For now this statement might be an exaggeration but i think in 5 years from now,lot of changes will surely take place.Cryptocurrency will be more popular by that time and for that,many stores will be accepting cryptocurrency already.Fiat might not lost its value but cryptocurrency becoming a reserve currency will be also inevitable.

Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:36:46 PM

The future is obvious, there has to be a better way to transact money across borders than the current fiat system.  Cryptocurrencies in one form or another is the future. 
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 11:10:04 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 05:49:32 PM by Sirait

the world today is like being very addicted to change and development, and cryptocurrency is the change that the world needs. The next 5 - 10 years billions of people will use and switch to cryptocurrencies and the next 10- 20 years the whole world will use cryptocurrencies, let's believe that.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:02:42 AM

A Billion People Will Be Using Cryptocurrency in 5 Years: Brian Armstrong
The world of money is revolutionizing in front of our eyes. Cryptocurrency is creating new paradigms for alternative payment systems and decentralized banking. There is no doubt that the user adoption of various cryptocurrencies is rapidly increasing. The cryptocurrency industry has become more fluid as the borders between it and mainstream finance continue to blur. At the same time, regulators are spending long hours at work to regulate the booming circle of crypto-enthusiasts.

It could be one of the prime reasons why Brian Armstrong believes crypto-adoption will increase at an astronomical pace in the next half-decade.

The Coinbase chief executive was responding to a question about cryptocurrency’s international outreach at TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco, to which he predicted that 1 billion people would eventually be using cryptocurrencies in the next five years.

Armstrong believes a growing number of cryptocurrency companies will contribute to the overall crypto ecosystem growth. These companies, under a regulated environment, will issue their tokens backed by their respective market caps. In a way, these institutionalized digital assets will prove to be an alternative investment system in addition to equities.

“It makes sense that any company out there who has a cap table should have their token,” Armstrong said. “Every open source project, every charity, potentially every fund or these new types of decentralized organizations [and] apps, they’re all going to have their tokens.”

Coinbase, the U.S. company Armstrong heads, is one of the world’s largest bitcoin and altcoin exchanges by trading volume. They have only recently entered the U.K. markets to tap the growing crypto-user base in the country. Previously, it had been working actively in the U.S. and Europe, and it has amassed over 13 million users to date. That makes it 32.5 percent of the overall crypto-users — arguably, anyway.

Armstrong plans to expand Coinbase to more global territories. They have recently announced their plans to open new offices in Africa.
https://www.ccn.com/a-billion-people-will-be-using-cryptocurrency-in-5-years-brian-armstrong/

It is a pretty bold claim since cryptocurrency now has a lot of shares and factors being taken into account in the economy. I have to agree, bitcoins would be start of them all but bitcoins won't last due to the costs and the time to use such technology.

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:16:18 AM

At first, this figure - a billion people - seemed to me too big, but I thought and realized that it is quite real. Cryptocurrency is becoming more and more popular, not only as an investment, but also as a currency. Therefore, I am sure that bitcoin has a great future in our world.

Yes it is real and it did actually happening now , cant you see the market cap of bitcoincoins ? It is now over billions and sooner or later it can surge to trillions or even zillions .  thats how indemand bitcoin is . 

my only expectation on the next five year's  is that bitcoin can be legalize all over the world and we are now seeing malls or any other establishments offline that are now accepting bitcoin as an official payment method .
Mikwik

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:22:18 AM

When I first read this topic, it amazed me. Why? Because for me, this is truly a good great news to be hear even though I know and aware that no one can ever tell and predict what the future holds, but there no wrong if I will expect something for this that this will have a change to occur in the coming future. I am glad that in the coming few years, the crypto currency community will grow even more and a lot more people will come to use crypto currencies as for their payment methods.
bummm

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:51:14 AM

Bitcoin is now becoming more popular, it is increasingly being used, and most importantly, people are beginning to realize the benefits of using this technology. That's great.

I guess that Brian Armstrong prediction may come true. Even today, we see that thousands start to work with Bitcoin every day. I will be not surprised, if a billion will have the crypto in 5 years.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:06:06 AM

it is certain if crypto can indeed survive until the future. because at this time crypto users are experiencing pretty good growth.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:36:18 AM

Cryptocurrency getting more popular among these days. Many people jump in cryptocurrency market because the potential of cryptocurrency. I am agree that in next 5 years, billions people will using cryptocurrency for their daily need because mass adoption will happen

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:29:25 AM

The future is obvious, there has to be a better way to transact money across borders than the current fiat system.  Cryptocurrencies in one form or another is the future. 

Exactly!!! The more people realize how flawed our current payment system is, the easier it will be for them to shift to crypto. We’re human, after all. We always find ways to make life easier and more convenient.
demdem06

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:01:26 AM

This is really true!!! and I think millions of people just using Cryptocurrency for now! Btc will raise and I think it will be the "ONE" on the world.
LastHope99

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:11:19 AM

1 billion is really a lot, but it's possible in the next decade. Not sure about 5 years, but the future bull run will certainly affect many.
dohh

Activity: 332

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:38:33 AM

A Billion People Will Be Using Cryptocurrency in 5 Years: Brian Armstrong
https://www.ccn.com/a-billion-people-will-be-using-cryptocurrency-in-5-years-brian-armstrong/

"When I predicted Bitcoin at $500,000 by the end of 2020, it used a model that predicted $5,000 at the end of 2017. BTC has accelerated much faster than my model assumptions. I now predict Bitcoin at $1 million by the end of 2020. I will still eat my dick if wrong." John McAfee on Twitter.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens even earlier. And in a few more years it will be more than one billion. Every day a number of people will learn about crypto. A new generation is growing up, they more progressive than we are. And in the future they will have access to new, improved technologies which will attract them even more.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:07:17 AM

I think there is a chance billion people will using bitcoin in next 5 years. We know that right now, many onlline store accepting bitcoin and i am believe more online store will accept bitcoin in near future
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:49:43 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens even earlier. And in a few more years it will be more than one billion. Every day a number of people will learn about crypto. A new generation is growing up, they more progressive than we are. And in the future they will have access to new, improved technologies which will attract them even more.
I don't think it happened in a short time or even the next 5 years. do you know the number of bitcoin users now? and 1 billion users is not a small amount dude. moreover the development and spread of bitcoin is currently hindered by many things such as legalization and regulation.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

A billion people in five years may be a bit much. Will more people use cryptocurrency in the next five years? It's possible. Will it reach to a billion people? I doubt it. Unless some big company starts accepting bitcoin as payment, or some big celebrities start endorsing it, the "crypto world" may have a hard time achieving this goal. But if it happens, then it's definitely going to be good for the market.

I believe that a billion will use the cryptocurrency in 5-6 years. Bitcoin and altcoins become more and more popular. Many people understand that the crypto is their future and choose it.
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:05:22 PM

It is well accepted that billions of  people will be  using cryptocurrency and in five 5 years to come it will go viral more than as it is today but the fear of this is the number of cryptocurrency that are coming up are becoming too numinous and if not regulated achieving this will be impossible.
Blocktopian88

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:07:31 PM

ummmm... who is this guy?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: