Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:00:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward?  (Read 2340 times)
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:47:20 PM

I agree with your write up about KYC, it's not meant for the bounty hunters, because the bounty hunters are not contributing money but their time and work, but in most cases, KYC is always required because of the cheat among the hunters, so the team requires the KYC to make sure they are sending the tokens to the right people. I will say bounty hunters brought it upon themselves

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Akany

Activity: 240
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:49:27 PM

Well, I am a bounty hunter and I have got to understand that the need for KYC is to control spam, avoid users who uses multiple accounts, avoid cheaters and to avoid abusers which is of course a good thing but at the end of the process I just keep thinking what do they do with the Personal Information afterwards.

jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:59:59 PM

Some ICOs need to know all token holders whether they are investors or bounty hunters, that relies on the regulation process they are subjected to. I think it is not a bad thing, because it can eleminate the using of multiple accounts, which means more tokens for bounty participants who manage to pass KYC.
Dolarin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:03:10 PM

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with KYC. They can not abuse our data because the scan of the passport and selfie is simply not enough for the loan and so on... At the same time, KYC cuts off fraudsters, and this is a huge benefit. IMHO
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:06:50 PM

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with KYC. They can not abuse our data because the scan of the passport and selfie is simply not enough for the loan and so on... At the same time, KYC cuts off fraudsters, and this is a huge benefit. IMHO
well I do agree with kyc system apply in bounty campaign as this will make fraudsters a big time headache to claim the rewards. im very sure this kyc system will cut almost half of this scammer to stay away from the bounty.
Grifosha

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:19:08 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hoverin..................

Recently, life has become complicated for bounty hunters. Many projects have stopped paying or postponing the payment of tokens, others do not go to the stock exchanges and the participants are then unable to sell these tokens.
I think that checking KYS for bounty hunters is not correct. Bounty participants do not contribute any assets to the project and are not clients of the project. They only invest time and risk because the project may close. Also, you can not send documents to unknown persons! You cannot be sure of your safety.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:24:21 PM

Some ICOs need to know all token holders whether they are investors or bounty hunters, that relies on the regulation process they are subjected to. I think it is not a bad thing, because it can eleminate the using of multiple accounts, which means more tokens for bounty participants who manage to pass KYC.

I also think that this is not a bad practice, but I would like to be sure that my documents will not fall into the wrong hands, and no one will guarantee this until the corresponding secure service appears.
Mr.ZODIAC

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:39:13 PM

I also think that this is not a bad practice, but I would like to be sure that my documents will not fall into the wrong hands, and no one will guarantee this until the corresponding secure service appears.
I completely agree with your opinion, but I would like to add one more thing. I agree to provide personal data to this project, which will really be promising is the inability to make good money. For the sake of getting penny earnings, registering KYC does not make sense.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:44:22 PM

I completely agree with your opinion, but I would like to add one more thing. I agree to provide personal data to this project, which will really be promising is the inability to make good money. For the sake of getting penny earnings, registering KYC does not make sense.
I think that this is everyone's business. But today, however, there are still more demands to provide personal data, as well as fewer really promising projects, which will give good earnings for participants in the Bounty campaign.
ArturKarri

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:04:52 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

Yes you are right they can use our data for personal purposes I personally encountered this, then you need to carefully study the project
DamilolaB

Activity: 313
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:11:57 PM

I think it all depends on the terms and condition individual bounty campaign release at the start. If the bounty requirement being introduced after the bounty campaign or towards the end, it will not be fair to the bounty participant but if the rule has been stated from the outset, therefore they are justified.
moshuk

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:19:34 PM

I think it will not hurt you. After all, if there is this notion, it will reduce the number of multi-counts.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:31:54 PM

I love bounty campaigns that require KYC identification. This allows you to earn much more. Those who have many multi-accounts do not participate in such campaigns.

mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:48:07 PM

I believe that a project that requires participants to fill KYC means that the developer is really careful of the bounty participants to run well to avoid cheating
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 08:49:11 AM

Yes , but it depends on the requirements of bounty manager. If the bounty manager requires kyc for the members in order to redeem their bounty tokens, then they would submit their kyc, but if it is not necessary, then they dont.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 08:54:36 AM

Most if the bounty campaigns these days require KYC before they distribute tokens where I don't think it's a good idea. In my opinion, kyc should be for investors alone while bounty hunters should be left out.

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:56:35 AM

Yes it's true KYC for bounties are having a purpose on why you need to do it. Alll people are being worried because it is a big risk to give your identification that's why there are bounty hunters are against to bounties that need an KYC, but we can do nothing but to follow the rules.
There are bounties that needs a kyc or a real identification so that they will know who are the bounty hunters. But many people or bounty hunters don't want a campaign that requires a kyc because they afraid to give their personal identity.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
DisWhale

Activity: 336

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 09:04:55 AM

KYC is for verification purposes and can be used in every aspect of crypto which deems fit verification especially in the event when double entries are suspected. Therefore, it is very necessary for the team to make bounty participants aware before they participate and not to wait till the end of the bounty program.
Omtamvan

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:28:36 AM

Although he has good cause. KYC themselves are also quite doubtful because many have a risk of it. identity theft and the fear of abuse also became quite feared by many. If in doubt it is better not because even I myself also avoid this sort of thing.
Luxury331

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:40:06 AM

Yes bounty obviously need kyc(know your customer) for bounty reward purposes. Well this is a security measures that bounty organisers use to know your identity and nationality. Because there are some countries that are not allowed to participate in bounty hunting or cryptocurrency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: