Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:11:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward?  (Read 2340 times)
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:21:12 PM

Yeah. I think that it's the good idea. Because there are so many bounty hunters with multi accounts and it's not fear!
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:35:27 PM

In most cases KYC is a necessity to prove your identity for bounty and it is a requirement of SEC and of most exchanges.
It is easy for me to pass KYC, because I have all documents and it is like 2 minutes to upload it
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:47:20 PM

There are good reasons why kyc is actually good, but nevertheless i have a strange feeling, if i should send my documents to someone else. Too often i have read that the documents end up in the darknet afterwards. If there was a solution to this problem, i would also be involved in projects that require kyc.
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:58:13 PM

When a bounty program requires KYC for the participants there are two things that come to my mind.
1. I agree on the application of KYC for bounty programs to avoid Scamers and people who use multiple accounts, this will make the bounty campaign more fair.
2. On the other hand I feel hesitant to follow it because sometimes our doumen is secret and can be misused by irresponsible people.

Of these two things I always thought hard when I saw KYC's request for the bounty campaign and in the end I always missed it. For me, my personal document is very personal, so is there another solution for this problem?
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:58:40 PM

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

All of those reasons are accepted but the bolded part would be the main for sure.  Wink
Yes this is true, knowing your customers is for avoiding some cheaters shits all over the bounty campaign however some truthful bounty hunter are going into some risky illegal activities without personally knowing it, they might be surprise they already has a committed crime accusations. Adding that up, KYC is risky but somehow in the bright part it is just for most of the bounty hunters.
valkoun

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:58:57 PM

I don’t understand why they introduced verification procedures with passports or other personal documents into the bounty. I think it was already superfluous.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:59:52 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

I'm 100% agree with this.
Many people are just doing bounties with so many alts and many social media alts with many wallets to receive rewards.
With KYC everyone will do bounties honestly
Slowhand26

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:02:30 PM

Yes, definitely agree with this. KYC should be mandatory. We all know that bounty campaigns are full of alt accounts, cheaters etc, though it won't totally eradicate cheaters, it will somehow lessen this kind of activity. About the risk, well it's our role to check what project we are supporting.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:29:36 PM

Well, when I discovered the KYC (Know Your Client) concept which I wasn't really used to here in my country, I was first discouraged because it hindered me from receiving some of my token which I have exhausted time,energy and data on. Although, the idea is good but it doesn't pay me because I have not yet gotten some of the required available.
MazCrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:16:55 PM

I think it's natural if the bounty hunters feel scared if their personal data is misused by fraudsters, but I'm sure as long as the ico project we follow is really good and reliable, the project team needs KYC just to distribute tokens to people who are entitled and honest follow the bounty rules.
Vinz1978

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:19:54 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

For the exchangers it can be consider or reasonable to apply KYC, but in some other bounties they have this kind of rules, though in some your reason was right, but it is not necessary actually, because some bounty campaign don't have this kind of rules. And yet, in the end they distributed the bounty rewards to all their participants which has no difference in the bounty who have KYC. But sometimes, if you are one of the participants you need to follow even you don't like to do that.
Successv

Activity: 207

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:23:02 PM

The problem is that so many companies began to introduce KYC after the end of the bounty, so if you want to get your tokens then you have to go through it!
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:24:24 PM

KYC for bounty hunters are not very good rules, which definitely cannot be used, you understand that now such rules will not be taken seriously, because seriously many people just won't do it, I think that this is not right
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:48:59 PM

Kyc for bounties to received rewards ,it is the rules which is implemented by some ICOs to have transparency in the bounty campaign because there are multi accounts participating in obe bounty and they consideted it as cheating, so to be fair that only one account will joint the bounties ,they set the rules of KYC to prevent multi accounts and fairness to all campaigners.
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:28:31 PM

KYC is just an excuse by the team so they don't have to pay reward on their bounty participants not unless they announce it before the campaign start. It is not worth it to compromise your personal information in a campaign where you are not sure of it is going to be successful or not.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

No, and many times we can say no, because bounty hunters do not pay anything for sure, because now these people are just wasting their time promoting projects in order to raise money to implement the idea.
pilitusanelidus

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:24:51 PM

On the one hand KYC is normal cause now appear a lot of projects that offer banking services for crypto holders and they just have to do KYC. But on the other hand you never can trust the developers because a lot of them just sell documents on the black market.

███████████ ▌    GABROTECH    ▐ ███████████
   DEMOCRATISE LOYALTY REWARDS USING BLOCKCHAIN   
White Paper   ◈   Twitter   ◈   Facebook   ◈   Telegram   ◈   Token Sales
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:12:54 AM

We totally trust your own viewpoint, however, I'd like to include yet another thing. We accept supply individual information for this task, that will truly end up being guaranteeing may be the failure to create great cash. With regard to obtaining cent income, signing up KYC doesn't seem sensible.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:56:57 PM

In most cases KYC is a necessity to prove your identity for bounty and it is a requirement of SEC and of most exchanges.
It is easy for me to pass KYC, because I have all documents and it is like 2 minutes to upload it
When you deal with well established exchange or brokers, KYC, doesn't come up until the amount involved goes beyond a certain significant level - big enough to finance crimes not when peanuts are involved. Bounty hunters are promoters not investors and they hardly earn something significant from the campaigns, so asking KYC from them is a misplaced priority or a clear attempt to defraud.

You can tell a project is calculating to scam its bounty participants, when at the tail end, they start asking for KYC even when they said otherwise at the beginning. They know most bounty hunters would rather not go through KYC and so they end up not getting their rewards. Now, what's that, scamming of course! A project like Two-TV  did as much, till this minute, they refused to make public, the bounty campaigns spreadsheets and then slammed KYC to get rewards, they'll reap what they've sown.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:18:29 PM

You hit it all right, good analysis paypal requires us to submit our documents for verification but they are a compliant company that you can sue anytime if there are leaks, you cannot say that to a company that is just doing a crowdfunding where you will not have a guaranty that the ico will become a success and very much compliant to all existing laws about KYC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: