Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:25:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward?  (Read 2340 times)
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

There are a lot of projects that are now asking for KYC, i myself don't like it as it is against the basic idea of cryptocurrency and that is anonymity but with more and more projects asking for it, i guess we move to it. But i still prefer projects with no KYC.
You have to understand that anonymity was talked about a lot because in order to attract as many users as possible to the cryptocurrency market.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:31:31 PM

actually, its depend on every member. they want to send their information or just participate when in ico with no kyc. thats not break the rule, and i think kyc just for safety for them (try to positive thinking) there are many ico's reward without kyc, so every member can choice what the best for them. some people said that crypto is anonim, and its ok.
fadlyzuld

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:33:07 PM

There are a lot of projects that are now asking for KYC, i myself don't like it as it is against the basic idea of cryptocurrency and that is anonymity but with more and more projects asking for it, i guess we move to it. But i still prefer projects with no KYC.
Yes, I have never joined to a bounty that requires KYC. It's really not safety to send our personal information. There are a lot of bounty that not require KYC so I think we have no reason to join the bounties that require KYC
samlaode

Activity: 674
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:33:44 PM

For me in some Bounty campaigns there is no KYC campaign but there are also some campaigns that need KYC. Maybe this campaign manager wants to use KYC to verify the identity of the number of participants objectively. This is not a problem but we should note that KYC may be leaking personal information to hackers and do bad things.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:00:33 PM

We should not undergo KYC in name of getting some tokens. It is some kind of personal choice, I do not hesitate  to put my details if I found the site legitimate but I decided to not to go to KYC for the tokens that were worth of $250 at that time in market because i was not comfortable to share my info with them.

KYC is your choice that would depends on you what are you going to do. If you want to get token not just KYC is the thing to do but to find more bounty campaigns and join for it. Yes their ae problems that might appear but that is part. Tokens are really useful because it is can be converted to cryptocurrrncy.
Perkovic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:05:58 PM

I am a supporter of this test because in this way we can hope for the integrity of the bounty campaign

inMIN.it TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY██
ICO Pre-Sale : October, 2018 ██
Wyndesam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

Of course prefer projects where there is a kyc , due to the fact that it is possible to earn more bounty , and it is not difficult but of course I want to be anonymous here!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:05:27 PM

Of course prefer projects where there is a kyc , due to the fact that it is possible to earn more bounty , and it is not difficult but of course I want to be anonymous here!
KYC doesnt determine or a factor that make your earning bigger, infact handing over your important data to stranger is the biggest flaw here, imagine giving away your passport for the sake of few dollars any sane people would consider that an act of suicide but some people will do it anyway, that's just crazy.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:17:47 PM

I do not really like to send my personal data to anyone. However, if it helps to reduce the number of multi-accounts in bounty campaigns, then I agree to go through KYC.
bohboh

Activity: 499

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:31:07 PM

Literally speaking, the act of sending KYC documents for the sake of token is not the best idea because it's has go astray to the features of cryptocurrency.
I wish the aspect of KYC can be cancelled.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:32:55 PM

I think that a quick and easy solution for KYC is doing it but with a third trusted app like CIVIC (that is used now also in bountyhive for example). In that way bounty hunters are safer because host can't have direct access to their personal data.
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:49:53 PM

I have mine too, that bounty required KYC, i have no choice but to fill up that KYC required because if not i am not rewarded. I just hope that it can't be a big risk for me as what was i read in this forum. Only i am very thankful of this forum that next time i would be careful to avoid risk and any circumstances.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
Moundhy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:59:54 PM

Other bounty and some airdrop need kyc, some other airdrop dont need a kyc, i think kyc is good for airdrop so that the security of the airdrop or bounty site is secured
okeanos

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:09:51 PM

I have seen blockchain driven KYC systems where you encrypt your data where 3 party verifying system will verifies you for KYC standards. You are right that KYC is too risky for our personal info can be used for unwanted issues.
tranthiky

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:15:30 PM

It is necessary for bounty campaigns. This is because many people use multiple accounts to join the campaign. It is fraudulent and not transparent. I am involved in a bounty campaign managed by the amazix team. They asked the participants to pass KYC before receiving the reward. It helps the campaign participants feel interesting and believes the campaign is transparent to everyone

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:19:32 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

I disagree.
You say that "Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS", but everyone give personal details online when we use our online banking or financial service.

The truth is that we don't have enough faith in crypto's world or crypto's world can be already trusted.
thehulkk

Activity: 442

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:29:47 PM

At this point I will not KYC for a bonus campaign. Maybe they will use my information for bad purposes. I often avoid the bonus campaign that KYC is obligatory.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jack_Sin

Activity: 548
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:39:20 PM

Sometimes decisions must be KYC when the bounty is over and not the previous bounty rule, the main reason as summarized above. I have verified KYC in several bounties but only for certain projects that have reached hardcap or 80% of hardcap
den11111

Activity: 246

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:39:35 PM

I will not participate in the bonus program that KYC is obligatory, a very small number of tokens are not worthy in exchange for my information.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:44:41 PM

I have no problem in doing KYC if i participated in the bounty of any ICO.
As long as they are success ICO and the project is legit.
If the investors did KYC also then it is really a must for bounty participants then.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: