Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:41:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ArtByte - the cryptocurrency for the arts!  (Read 143216 times)
wolverine5pl

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:15:45 PM

theres really something fishy about this pool. only place to mine this coin and still doesnt work right
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 03:57:43 PM

Nice article featuring ArtByte on Bitcoin Agile:

http://bitcoinagile.com/44684D/the-abc-to-z-artists-bitcoin-coinbase-and-zapchain-newsbtc_stream

"What Is the Solution?

All artists need is a simple solution — A simple, easy to use web platform where they can register (possibly with a single click of the mouse), upload their art work, add description and sell without any hassle of complicated registration, transaction fees and commissions. While it is hard to use fiat currency to get the best out of both sides, mainly due to unavoidable transaction fees and documentation demanded by payment processors and banks, digital currency allows them to circumvent most of these requirements.

Who Is Doing It?

There are probably a handful of platforms that encourages and enables artists to make the most out of their works. ArtByte, a New York based platform is one such example. Started as AppleByte, artByte is an alternative digital currency created exclusively for the purpose of encouraging artists. ArtByte also hosts a digital store where the artists can display and sell their art. Buyers can pay with bitcoin or their credit cards on ArtByte."

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 03:06:08 PM

theres really something fishy about this pool. only place to mine this coin and still doesnt work right

We had some difficulty with the pool and upgraded it. All is working now.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
bakedrice

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 04:20:21 PM

are there any innovations coming to artbyte? isn't this coin for artists to sell their music in digital currency? how's that going?

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 03:37:06 PM

are there any innovations coming to artbyte? isn't this coin for artists to sell their music in digital currency? how's that going?

ArtByte is for artists of all types, musicians, painters, actors, dancers, writers, etc. Here is a blog post about how ArtByte supports and benefits artists:
How ArtByte benefits artists

And yes ArtByte does have a site for musicians to sell their music for ArtBytes: ArtByte Music Store

bakedrice

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 02:32:32 PM

your artist music store, music.artbyte.me is not even working.

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 09:09:28 PM

Our tests show it is working.

Can you please be more specific. What do you mean by "not working"?

- You can not browse it?
- You can not buy music?
- You can not signup as a musician?

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1361

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:27:00 AM

ArtByte is pretty cool but the only thing is that there is not much trading activity going in the exchanges. But in the bright side, price is extremely cheap which makes it good for micro payments. There are some commands that are missing in the wallet (ABY client) like repairwallet and checkwallet. I have an issue regarding to my available balance in which part of it says pending.

Even if I did the rescan or reindex of the blockchain, this issue is still not fixed.  Sad

Screenshot:

P.S: Wallet is fully synced.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:12:42 AM

ArtByte is pretty cool but the only thing is that there is not much trading activity going in the exchanges. But in the bright side, price is extremely cheap which makes it good for micro payments. There are some commands that are missing in the wallet (ABY client) like repairwallet and checkwallet. I have an issue regarding to my available balance in which part of it says pending.

Even if I did the rescan or reindex of the blockchain, this issue is still not fixed.  Sad

pending refers to either mined or minted coins. they should be available after x amount of blocks (depending on coin specs)

security certificate for has expired
http://music.artbyte.me/

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:55:55 PM

pending refers to either mined or minted coins. they should be available after x amount of blocks (depending on coin specs)

But the issue is that I have waited after a certain amount of blocks and still nothing. Everyday, I sync the wallet and try to make a rescan (also tried a re indexing of the block chain) but still no luck. I have even deleted the block chain data from within the appdata directory and the issue remains the same. By not having a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, I cannot verify or repair such issue.  Sad

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:22:12 AM

But the issue is that I have waited after a certain amount of blocks and still nothing. Everyday, I sync the wallet and try to make a rescan (also tried a re indexing of the block chain) but still no luck. I have even deleted the block chain data from within the appdata directory and the issue remains the same. By not having a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, I cannot verify or repair such issue.  Sad

do you have more info on those coins? what is the transactions associated with them?
unless the chain hasnt moved since this problem started, they should not be pending.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:09:38 PM

do you have more info on those coins? what is the transactions associated with them?
unless the chain hasnt moved since this problem started, they should not be pending.

All I know is that those coins come from AppleBytes (ArtByte) orchard. I just go and place my address in there everyday for free ABY. But still, I have around 600 ABY pending. It would be great if I could repair my wallet from within the client, but I guess that dev missed the part to add repairwallet command.  Sad

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
bakedrice

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 10:44:23 AM

What do you think about approaching libertymusicstore.net to implement artbyte on their website as well? This way, artbyte can gain traction by leveraging on the traffic of libertymusicstore. Their service is pretty much the same as music.artbyte.me, in fact it's built by the same person.

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 05:49:01 PM

Interesting idea. Yes the same person developed them both. I will give him a call.

bakedrice

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 10:47:20 AM

Interesting idea. Yes the same person developed them both. I will give him a call.

Any update?

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:24:06 PM

Any update?

I would like to know that too since I have been facing issues with the wallet lately regarding my balance to become confirmed. It still says pending and I cannot use that balance from within my ABY wallet  Sad

I was hoping that there could be a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, but I guess that the dev missed that part. Due to this fact, I will not buy or use ABY until there is a solution for it. Still, I will hold my ABY safely on a paper wallet for future reference.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
bakedrice

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:16:40 AM

Is there any update coming? Hey dev First.Bitcoins, do you have a roadmap in place for ArtByte?

Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:22:07 AM

What is the advantage of having an Currency for Arts? is there any other ideas around?
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:47:41 AM

Any update?

I would like to know that too since I have been facing issues with the wallet lately regarding my balance to become confirmed. It still says pending and I cannot use that balance from within my ABY wallet  Sad

I was hoping that there could be a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, but I guess that the dev missed that part. Due to this fact, I will not buy or use ABY until there is a solution for it. Still, I will hold my ABY safely on a paper wallet for future reference.  Smiley

I would also like to know if there are any updates for ABY, it feels like the development has slowed down and there hasn't been a whole lot of news lately. It is a shame because the idea behind the coin was pretty nice and it seems there was a bit of community behind it also (tho not that much here on bitcointalk). I really hope everything is ok and that ABY will continue its way forward and continue as it has just with bigger user base.
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 07:31:47 PM

What is the advantage of having an Currency for Arts? is there any other ideas around?

The power of a focused community of artists and art lovers is why having their own currency works. We have been very successful in building a community through social media supporting and promoting the artists accepting artbytes, as well as overcoming artist's reluctance to use Bitcoin (from all the negative press it has received).

I answered that question in detail in this in depth presentation for artists and investors (see the first five slides):

ArtByte Presentation

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: