Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ArtByte - the cryptocurrency for the arts!  (Read 143216 times)
artbatista

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 06:48:08 PM

Two acctually. Last was found from me. We'll see.

are you AXKhdLE6Ydy8wCP5YfAXrkc3rewSfRb4sL ?

if so there have  been two payments already.

http://artbatista.com/pool/ABY/account/address/AXKhdLE6Ydy8wCP5YfAXrkc3rewSfRb4sL

There are two more block awaiting confirmation, you may have more shares there:

http://artbatista.com/pool/ABY/blocks/

PARAGON
|||| REVOLUTIONIZING THE CANNABIS INDUSTRY ||||
PARAGONCOIN.COM | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:33:37 PM

No, Im AW6AK6vC9vmfPSHqmcPXpNHy9VKfRvHrUo
artbatista

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 07:48:50 PM

No, Im AW6AK6vC9vmfPSHqmcPXpNHy9VKfRvHrUo

There are two block waiting confirms.

Just so you know, a couple of hours from now there will be a brief downtime to switch over to MPOS

Art

PARAGON
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 08:44:00 PM

AppleByte has only one official pool: pool.applebyte.me

Two other individuals have started their own pools, but we can not vouch for them, as we do not know the individuals, and by the posts here, their pools seem to have problems.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 08:46:25 PM

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
artbatista

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 09:16:35 PM

Two other individuals have started their own pools, but we can not vouch for them, as we do not know the individuals, and by the posts here, their pools seem to have problems.

There are no problems, simply switching the front end to MPOS (same as the "official" pool) as the previous frontend was too simplistic.

The stratum server port is shutdown until the last found block is paid, then the MPOS frontend will be switched on.

Cheers

Art

PARAGON
Mapuo

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:40:10 PM

May be. But useless for me. Your pool have a problem.  Smiley

Since many of our longterm miners are now getting the new ASICs, AppleByte is raising it's hash limit from 10mhs to 25mhs (per person)

Additionally to keep the pool attractive for CPU & GPU miners, we will triple the bonus paid to our CPU & GPU miners.

Technical details:

AppleByte is closed source (with no linux versions released), so there is only one pool. This was done specifically to minimize the opportunity for large mining farms & multipools to mine AppleByte (since 95% of them run linux).

To make AppleByte newbie friendly, we have a CPU pool miner builtin to the wallet. To insure that CPU mining & small GPU mining remains profitable, we pay a bonus to every pool miner on every block. So every miner gets the same bonus, regardless of how much hash they use in the pool.

If you CPU mine with 1.5 khs, your bonus is approx. 100 ABY per day. If you mine with 30mhs, you get the same bonus of 100 ABY per day. Of course the bonus is on top of whatever you mine with your hash. The bonus does not come out of any miners share, but is funded by the AppleByte Foundation.

Pool: http://pool.applebyte.me

It's insane.
Please, set lower share diff. Much, much lower. Now it's good for 500 mh/s miners.
artbatista

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 10:45:48 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 10:26:25 PM by artbatista

The pool is back up now running MPOS.

To create an account/login go to:

applebyte.artbatista.com

PARAGON
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 07:56:25 PM

AppleByte wants to add a second exchange, we are currently traded on poloniex.com, and are pleased with them.
But feel a second exchange will add to the market.

Please vote for ABY on Bter Voting

Thanks

Mapuo

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:46:16 PM

No.
You just pass my post about your pool...
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:03:43 PM

AppleByte receives another acknowledgement from a Bitcoin industry leader

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

artbatista

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 10:28:07 PM

Just to let you all know, the migration to MPOS is complete and the pool has been running well for the last week.

The hashrate display bug has been resolved also.

applebyte.artbatista.com

Art

PARAGON
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 07:38:46 PM

AppleByte is pleased to announce that our new site to allow musicians to sell their music for ABY
is in closed beta. Site should be open to the public in November.

Kurvanga

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:14:27 AM

For EU users if there are any, I have running 24/7 proxy on 100MB/s, i7, ssd, small server machine set up for smooth hashing and low reject errors. This is unofficial applebyte proxy connected to official pool which is pool.applebyte.me, just connect using your login and pass as you would connect directly to pool.applebyte.me. Let it work for some time so the server sets proper difficulty for you.

And make sure thet you set pool.applebyte.me as next failover server just in case Wink

Peace!

stratum+tcp://87.207.207.166:3333

or if u like dns address

stratum+tcp://proventpolska.waw.pl:3333
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:02:20 PM

I recommend that you convert AppleByte into 1000% or 5000% Proof of Stake.
This should give miners, and investors a really good reason to hold on to the coin.

Commend on this tweet:

Do you agree or disagree?
https://twitter.com/Scrypt_Mining/status/524943371581018112

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:45:20 PM

CoinGecko ranks altcoins in several factors:
Marketcap
Liquidity
Developer
Community
Public Interest

As AppleByte as stated many times, we believe the key to longterm success is building a real user community.

We are pleased to be ranked #23 by Coin Gecko in terms of community strength, in less than six months since launch.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:35:38 AM

In a world full of scamcoins and their dodgy devs its really good to see a genuine coin and team behind it.

As a record producer my self I can say if there is any audience outwith the crypto scene ripe for real world
coin adoption its people in the arts industry. Now, when most folks think of the arts industry they think of
the artists, musicians and the actors but they don't think of the huge amount of people who work behind the scenes.
Generally when they think of musicians they think of the 1% at the top who will never be interested in crypto
currency as their making millions of fiat. However the other 99% basically scrape by. Its them who would be interested
Releasing a record today unless your one of the 0.5% is a loss making
venture or at best a break even. Not to long ago a niche artist could make a modest living from releasing a couple
of albums per year and live off the royalties. The internet fked that. It didnt empower them at all. Im only talking
about musicians here but if musicians cottoned to this coin and could actually see even just a tiny bit of real world
value in it the thing would go ballistic. The fact they could actually get paid for their work would literally be a dream
for many. Of course they would promote the sht out of the coin which in turn would mean their fans would to. And dont
forget all the people behind the scenes such as indie labels, small music Pr firms, graphic designers, recording studios,
music bloggers etc etc. Its not difficult for musicians to add a little ApplyBytes donation/buy links on their social media
sites (which incidentally it is a must that somehow the devs convince 'soundcloud' to implement Applebytes for their
users - but that is a good bit further down the line. Once something like that happened though then you would be looking
at a large scale adoption out with the crypto scene for a coin. Impossible? Definitely not. In fact Im surprised it hasn't been
done yet. The creme de la' creme would be acceptance on the online music stores. Again do-able, especially with the smaller
and niche ones but before that happened there would need to be some value in the coin.

Im getting ahead of my self though and this coin isnt about being global which is fair enough. What I said still applies, but I guess
more for the NY area. Then again why not global? seems like a pretty
big chunk of the market you guys have cut your self off from.. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck with the coin. I will of course pick
some up  Cool

yeah that doesn't make alot of sense to me with your statement about the internet fuking things up man. If anything it opened the doors to people who otherwise would never be heard. Now if i want to put an album out i can and if it survives its because of its merit and not because some shitty radio station has jammed it down the throat of the masses. Yeah ok i see your point, before you could be lazy and put out a few albums and sit back and get blasted into obscurity. Now the money is in touring. Now you have to work for it which if your not making music because you like to play but to make cash and hang out your in it for the wrong reasons anyway. I say this as a musician myself and I grew up with the guys in slipknot. Being here in Iowa the old ways of the music business would have passed right over one of the best bands of the last decade just because we didnt move to LA and turn into a bunch of suckbutts. The internet has given the power and judgement of what is good and what isnt to the people rather than the suits. This is a good thing, unless you dont really want to make music and instead want to be a star. And really that shit is lame so i'll take what we have now versus what things were in the 80's and 90's everytime. Crypto opens up a whole new way for people to vote with their funds and i think we will see the impact that it brings in the near future.
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 04:55:52 PM

Im getting ahead of my self though and this coin isnt about being global which is fair enough. What I said still applies, but I guess
more for the NY area. Then again why not global? seems like a pretty big chunk of the market you guys have cut your self off from.. Anyway I wish you all the best of luck with the coin. I will of course pick
some up  Cool

AppleByte actually is global. We are currently following a two prong strategy.

1. Is to spread the word globally, primarily through building our Twitter & Facebook community. And that strategy will gain significant momentum when we release our app to tip artists via their twitter accounts (in testing now, to be released in the next two weeks).

2. Since we are in NYC, and it has perhaps the greatest concentration of artists of any city in the world, we are focusing on local artists. events, and promotions.

We simply don't yet have the budget or manpower to do that in every city at once. Where we are going though, is just like bitcoin, where local centers of volunteers or staff exist to better reach the local community.

But I vey much appreciate your feedback. If we are projecting a NY centric image, We need to review our website, forums, social media, and correct that.

First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 05:10:17 PM

yeah that doesn't make alot of sense to me with your statement about the internet fuking things up man. If anything it opened the doors to people who otherwise would never be heard. Now if i want to put an album out i can and if it survives its because of its merit and not because some shitty radio station has jammed it down the throat of the masses. Crypto opens up a whole new way for people to vote with their funds and i think we will see the impact that it brings in the near future.

I think you and the previous poster, <GailSan> are coming at the same point in different ways. Yes as an artist I can publish my work on the internet, which is fantastic! The difficulty we face, as artists is that once posted, how do we drive traffic to our site. This is where AppleByte can help. We are building a solid community of artists and art lovers, which gives artists a passionate audience of potential fans who know about their work. Through our Twitter, FB, and other communities, we can introduce artists and fans to each other. Than as you say, the audience will decide on the merit of the work. This will become even more powerful when we release out new Twitter app, allowing people to tip artists via their twitter account (in testing now, to be released in two weeks). And for musicians at least our site allowing them to sell their music for applebytes gives them another venue and income source.

Don't underestimate the power of a focused community. Artists like art (music, dance, film, visual art, etc). Our focus is to connect these artist fans, to other artists, and through applebytes, give them the financial means to support the art they like. The non-artist fans will flock to this community as well.

Additionally, giving artists the chance to earn AppleBytes via putting them in circulation (via the orchard (faucet)) and the opportunity to mine them with their CPU (our official pool pays a bonus to CPU miners), gives starving artists, not only a chance to better support their own career, but share with other artists as well.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:50:48 AM

yeah that doesn't make alot of sense to me with your statement about the internet fuking things up man. If anything it opened the doors to people who otherwise would never be heard. Now if i want to put an album out i can and if it survives its because of its merit and not because some shitty radio station has jammed it down the throat of the masses. Crypto opens up a whole new way for people to vote with their funds and i think we will see the impact that it brings in the near future.

I think you and the previous poster, <GailSan> are coming at the same point in different ways. Yes as an artist I can publish my work on the internet, which is fantastic! The difficulty we face, as artists is that once posted, how do we drive traffic to our site. This is where AppleByte can help. We are building a solid community of artists and art lovers, which gives artists a passionate audience of potential fans who know about their work. Through our Twitter, FB, and other communities, we can introduce artists and fans to each other. Than as you say, the audience will decide on the merit of the work. This will become even more powerful when we release out new Twitter app, allowing people to tip artists via their twitter account (in testing now, to be released in two weeks). And for musicians at least our site allowing them to sell their music for applebytes gives them another venue and income source.

Don't underestimate the power of a focused community. Artists like art (music, dance, film, visual art, etc). Our focus is to connect these artist fans, to other artists, and through applebytes, give them the financial means to support the art they like. The non-artist fans will flock to this community as well.

Additionally, giving artists the chance to earn AppleBytes via putting them in circulation (via the orchard (faucet)) and the opportunity to mine them with their CPU (our official pool pays a bonus to CPU miners), gives starving artists, not only a chance to better support their own career, but share with other artists as well.

right on. I just stumbled onto this one actually, the name applebytes didn't really convey what this is all about lol, great concept man. With all of the nonsense in crypto it's good to see some of us come together that can see the real potential and visualize what kinds of things we could be doing to show the new people interested in crypto what is possible. Capping the mining limit and the general structure of the coin helps fight off the multipools and people looking for a quick pump and dump and really makes it accessible for everybody. These are the types of projects that deserve people's time and investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: