Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:29:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulation good or bad?  (Read 30804 times)
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:05:30 PM

Regulation has its advantages and disadvantages. Looking at the bad aspects, it will make crypto deviate to an extent from the original motive of decentralization especially Bitcoin. Secondly, the government will have control to an extent if regulations come. Looking at the good aspect, it will reduce some token sale fraud and also fast track  actualization of mainstream adoption.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iphmp159

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:08:28 PM

I agree with you to focus more on increasing shared comfort, especially by eliminating fraudsters because they will have a positive impact in the future. The revolution will continue from time to time to correct all shortcomings in the past and Crypto itself has been very extensive in the exchange and mining of several countries. We can only hope for the best for the future of Cryptocurrency.
Regulations are essential to keep society moving on the right tracks, and it is right for any aspect in our lives and our society, in any nations globally. Crypto currencies and crypto market are not expceptions, and should be regulated by local law makers and governments. Crypto currencies bring convenience to crypto users, but regulations are mandatory to keep the industry growing transparently, healthy, and sustainable.
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:38:18 PM

To be honest, saying that regulation can curb criminal activities is stretching it a bit too far, the US dollar is highly regulated but people still find says to launder it and use it for criminal activities, talk more if Cryptocurrencies which is anonymous.

Cryptocurrencies has gotten this far without regulation and it's still doing so well, I think we shouldn't change what works.

carriagehoodlum

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 04:02:03 PM

it would be great if there were clear regulations for crypto. at least there is no regulation for ICO companies, it will reduce scammers. but I am sure that if there is a regulation this will require very long adjustments for all users and investors.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 04:49:42 PM

To be honest, I do not see any particular advantages from the regulation of the crypto industry. If the regulation is implemented everywhere in the crypto space, this will mean that the essence itself (the one that Satoshi Nakamoto laid in it) is lost. We will get the same economy only in a new plane.
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 05:07:52 PM

To be honest, I do not see any particular advantages from the regulation of the crypto industry. If the regulation is implemented everywhere in the crypto space, this will mean that the essence itself (the one that Satoshi Nakamoto laid in it) is lost. We will get the same economy only in a new plane.
it will indeed happen, the role of a stronger government or industry will control this industry. crypto should be like this, but in the use of the real world, clear regulation is also important. there are good and bad things that we will face if regulations are implemented. we as users, will support the best for us.
iphmp159

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 09:54:47 AM

it will indeed happen, the role of a stronger government or industry will control this industry. crypto should be like this, but in the use of the real world, clear regulation is also important. there are good and bad things that we will face if regulations are implemented. we as users, will support the best for us.
There are advantages and disadvantages of regulations. Bitcoin born as way to get out of control of governments and regulations. So, regulations are threats of bitcoin in particular, and of crypto currencies in general. Now, let's look at advantages. Regulations help governments better trace flow of money, and better to control, investigate scammes, scam exchanges. This way, I think is good for crypto investors and for reputation of crypto industry.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 10:12:08 AM

Totally disagree. If you think that regulation is a plus for the development of the crypto industry, then give arguments in its favor.
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 476

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 02:35:14 PM

If the world and most government who dont want cryptocurrency now will adapt the crypto with regualtion and merchants will start to accept it then it is good.
But if the regulation will just focus on the identity of the wallet owners and all the KYC in this world then its not good!

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Ochakemaput

Activity: 483

terra-credit.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 02:35:25 PM

regulation is good for retail traders like us and bad for manipulator and whales  Grin, without regulations scams will increase and trading environment will be ruined
precisely with the existence of regulation, I am afraid that there will be manipulation from certain people who have policies to enforce regulation. this will definitely happen because the crypto industry is very profitable for people who understand investment.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 02:57:32 PM

If the world and most government who dont want cryptocurrency now will adapt the crypto with regualtion and merchants will start to accept it then it is good.
But if the regulation will just focus on the identity of the wallet owners and all the KYC in this world then its not good!
they will not be able to regulate only one area which is beneficial for them and not beneficial for us. the government will have to take into account all aspects of this market and I think that in general, it will be very useful to our market

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 03:26:48 PM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

Regulations are perfectly okay. There is a popular saying that where there is no law, there is no sin. Regulations are instrumental in helping to put things in the right perspectives on the crypto space

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Miy Monk
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:35:31 PM

That's very true I think. Many countries banned blockchain only because of they are not ready for it or they don't know how to control the bad effect of it like money laundering through crypto. If blockchain can be utilized properly it will be really useful.

cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:42:44 PM

This is a misconception that people seem to have, they think that regulations means that they have to declare all their assets and attach their identities to said assets, this is false.. I think regulation is more about curving the excesses of project developers and making sure they follow guildlines that would ensure that they deliver on their promises and not just taking part in a money grab.

whyrqa-1

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 05:48:53 PM

This is a misconception that people seem to have, they think that regulations means that they have to declare all their assets and attach their identities to said assets, this is false.. I think regulation is more about curving the excesses of project developers and making sure they follow guildlines that would ensure that they deliver on their promises and not just taking part in a money grab.
If a person does not have any problems, his activity in the cryptocurrency market will be much calmer if the cryptocurrency market is under the control and protection of the state.  I think that in connection with this there will be less fraud and if somewhere such will occur, then each user in the cryptocurrency market will be able to legally protect their rights.
bitladen

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 05:59:14 PM

That's very true I think. Many countries banned blockchain only because of they are not ready for it or they don't know how to control the bad effect of it like money laundering through crypto. If blockchain can be utilized properly it will be really useful.
And in order to use blockchain correctly, it is necessary to introduce regulators into the cryptocurrency, and as long as they do not exist, many will continue to launder money

Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 09:00:43 PM

From my very point of view, regulation is very good for the crypto industry. A lot of investors out there disregard investing in crypto projects only because these ICo projects are not regulated and they can just lose their lifetime savings in a twinkle of an eye. Regulation is the only tool to curb scam projects out of the crypto industry which makes it good for the industry.

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 09:16:02 PM

We can hate regulations, but without regulations cryptocurrencies will stay at the point where are they now. If we want to pay with cryptocurrencies in our everyday lifes then we need regulations to "protect" customers.
The foundations and the major aim of crypto currency is privacy and taking this from it makes us go back to where we are coming from. Regulations which tools is KYC is against some paragraph I have read in bitcoin's white paper. It is internet transactions without third party involvement and brings regulations into cryptocurrency means the bankers and elites that create the current situation that the world financial system is facing now will still be in control.
ali115112

Activity: 1806
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 01:54:01 AM

As you know various exchanges and ICO's are scamming with investors and traders so if regulations for exchanges and ICO's and for investors and traders will be done than everyone will be safe for investment.

══════════════☛Digicom Finance☚═════════════
A Digital Commerce
iphmp159

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:42:10 AM

The foundations and the major aim of crypto currency is privacy and taking this from it makes us go back to where we are coming from. Regulations which tools is KYC is against some paragraph I have read in bitcoin's white paper. It is internet transactions without third party involvement and brings regulations into cryptocurrency means the bankers and elites that create the current situation that the world financial system is facing now will still be in control.
Privacy is orignal objective of bitcoin and crypto currency, but real life can not be perfect like what Satoshi Nakamoto imagined and most of us expected. Goverments globally will step in and control, regulate market, this is what we can not avoid.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: