Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:59:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulation good or bad?  (Read 30804 times)
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:36:58 PM

With the regulation for crypto currencies, it will certainly make lay investors feel safe if they want to invest in crypto currencies and it will obviously make new money into crypto currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mika1977

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:17:50 PM

Regulation will clear the market of scams and this is a very big plus. More trust will have people and more money will flow into the industry
akihiro101117

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:21:51 PM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

for me, there are two sides of regulation. one side is to have a lower volume of people interested because it will become hard to adopt because if the regulations governing it but the other face is the order which is positive because it will give an order of standards to follow and it will clear to the people what is hot and what is not.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:45:54 PM

The regulation process goes in parallel with the control process. If you start to regulate the cryptocurrency, the Institute of control will automatically begin to develop.That will lead to corruption. Which in itself contradicts the theory of electronic money. And independence of bitcoin decentralization
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:37:26 PM

More than seeing it in terms of good or bad, i believe we need to take a look at this subject from the terms - Is it needed or not?

Regulation itself will open the door and create the road towards mass cryptocurrency acceptance worldwide. Could it replace regular currency?. I'm certainly not the one who will make that decision but it would be of extreme help towards a more mature financial system.

Regulation allows countries to get taxes, like from any other economical activity which will of course push acceptance between policy makers in every country. The funny part of it, is that old way of thinking which states that you go for personal or corporate wins or you go for progress - Which is of course a mindset that is not taking into consideration all current aspects. In fact, both can be accomplished.

If someone wants to consider that corruption, they will definitely stop innovation and the development of the whole society due to old ideas that don't necessarily apply to the current interconnected world and a better way of doing things. You won't be stealing anything or deceiving anyone or make anybody responsible starve or anything worse.

It would be the maximum expression of the win-win philosophy that the world have ever seen. And i personally believe it will happen - It's perfectly possible.
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:41:56 PM

The proliferation if cryptocurrency into the real world is still evolving. Regulation in the cryptocurenxy sphere is really needed after the experience of the tears past. It will be a welcomed development.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
darkangel020716

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:52:03 PM

Regulations can bring us to more secured feature and mass adoption worldwide, although crypto created as anonymous, some of the other people use crypto to do illegal things such as scamming people, laundrying and much more. By means of regulations it can less or stop those bad activities that creates more negative effects in crypto.
johan36

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:30:33 PM

Of course regulation is good for us , it would make the cryptocurrencies growth smoothly and reduce the scammer ICO .
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:32:46 PM

As for me,regulation is better ,because it will cause to smart money ,etf and big funds money flow into crypto market in this case
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:45:02 PM

I think that some laws should be created to resolve issues related to cryptocurrencies. I think that if many governments take a close look at this issue, they will be able to create a favorable environment for the growth and prosperity of cryptocurrencies.
mr3dds

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 10:16:59 PM

regulation is a must. But, it must be done smartly, not just blind regulation. However, the absence of regulation gives a great chance of wild profits. And losses Smiley
Which will be good when I earn and bad when I lose Smiley
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:43:37 PM

Regulation or so-called centralization has both good and bad sides. Centralization is good from the point of view of protection from scammers, but at the same time the sense of the blockchain as a decentralized structure is lost, which means that someone (not you) will decide for you and for everyone else on what path to go.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:52:46 PM

Yes, regulation should be a good thing because when a thing is not controlled it will be said to loose control until it will become a problem.
Well, regulating cryptocurrency will prevent inflation and allow people not to keep accumulating their token, but when it is still over regulated especially this long controlled value control. It is becoming another thing.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:53:47 AM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

Regulation in general should be required to ensure the security. In cryptocurrency, if a good regulation applied, then your portfolio will be safer.
If no regulation, maybe crypto can be used for bad things like money laundry, etc. My point is, regulation in crypto should not restrict us from doing great things with cryptocurrency.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:05:23 AM

I think regulation in the crypto world if only for the benefit of some parties, it cannot be accepted but if it can have regulations that can benefit from various parties I think that is a worthy thing to follow.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 02:09:23 AM

I agree with you.  Regulation is what will make crypto viable in the long run.
I suppose we would like to see these crazy pumps where you can get 100% plus profit, but that's unstable and unreliable.
The best thing is steady long term growth.

Also, I believe the #1 thing holding back crypto right now is that institutional money is hesitant to jump in.
These are the VCs, hedge funds, and brokerage groups that have yet to fully jump into the crypto game.
The main reason is because crypto is so risky.
With regulation, this will allow for these types of investors to start investing and picking up the volume.
Then, we will finally see the market mature and grow in a stable way.
until then, crypto is still the wild wild west.

miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:18:05 AM

Regulation is always good because we can able to see some projects authorized by the government which will help us to find the potential project. In this way, we can easily keep track of the companies for further development after the crowd sale.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 02:24:29 AM

I assume it will be good but as always every coin has two sides. Scams are rampant these days so some regulation will help curb it better.

People find security in regulated things, so may help in crypto mass adoption as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mizamuneerashine

jarvis.exchange

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:12:32 PM

If the crypto is free of scam, then regulations is not needed but with so many people who are victim of these scammers and using crypto to make money from people, then we need regulations to step in . It will not be the best solution but somehow it could lessen the problem.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:26:42 PM

If the crypto is free of scam, then regulations is not needed but with so many people who are victim of these scammers and using crypto to make money from people, then we need regulations to step in . It will not be the best solution but somehow it could lessen the problem.

Regulation is needed, this way it will call a white money, it will come under taxes and crypto community needed to pay the taxes as well, it will help the countries honestly.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: