Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:00:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulation good or bad?  (Read 30809 times)
Henrytrust
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 01:56:57 AM

I'm personally of the opinion that we need some level of regulation in the cryptocurrency industry. The reason why we have several issue of scam projects and negative news is because this unscrupulous individuals believe they can get away with whatever they do. Regulations would contribute to the achievement of the mass adoption of cryptocurrency as there would be increase in level of trust individuals have on the industry.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 07:19:44 AM

I agree that the market needs large investors and in order to attract them it is necessary to regulate cryptocurrencies. When the government introduces ways to regulate cryptocurrencies, investors will be protected from fraud and without huge risks will be able to invest in blockchain startups.
Regulations are already creeping in gradually, take for instance the case with Germany which will grant some banks license to deal on crypto as from next year with proper regulations. Talking about big investors, some already have crypto holdings unless probably you mean to attract more big investors. People keep mentioning only the good sides of regulations, it also has its cons. However, all round since we want crypto mainstream adoption to be a reality in future, regulations are necessary to attain this.
Of course, there is no way for the cryptocurrencies to be spread around the world if there will be no regulation. I don't think that there is a cons for the cryptocurrencies if there is a regulation because it is more into pros because of the adaption that might happen if the regulation will be executed and if the cryptocurrencies are approved to penetrate the traditional markets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kak uli

Activity: 1246
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 07:27:56 AM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

in my opinion regulation is very good if applied to cryptocurency because with the regulation all crypto users will feel more secure and comfortable. and now many countries have made regulations regarding the use of cryptocurency. because this regulation is very important for state finance so regulation is very important to be made by every country that has many cryptocurency users.

Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 08:06:28 AM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

in my opinion regulation is very good if applied to cryptocurency because with the regulation all crypto users will feel more secure and comfortable. and now many countries have made regulations regarding the use of cryptocurency. because this regulation is very important for state finance so regulation is very important to be made by every country that has many cryptocurency users.

Well in any aspect and in every decision of the government there is always good advantage and disadvantage, so we just need to embrace it and let the government do their job, if they will require taxes, KYC to every exchange and so on, so we have nothing to do with it but to follow as they knows best and this is for our own safety and security so let us understand them.
Kevondo

Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:44:41 PM

I believe that the legal regulation of cryptocurrencies is necessary. It is necessary to protect every investor who invests in cryptocurrencies. And also to open free circulation of cryptocurrencies in various sectors of the economy. This requires regulation. This will give the development of cryptocurrency in many countries of the world.
What is the point of having decentralization and anonymity if at the end we will have to regulate these coins? Bitcoin is cherished by most tech guys due to its decentralized and free nature. No one can control it or peek at amounts of holders. This is what distinguishes a good currency and asset from a poor one. No one on the digital coin market is willing to give up on his privacy and freedom of control over money. Bitcoin has already touched a huge market cap without regulation.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 03:25:25 PM

Well in any aspect and in every decision of the government there is always good advantage and disadvantage, so we just need to embrace it and let the government do their job, if they will require taxes, KYC to every exchange and so on, so we have nothing to do with it but to follow as they knows best and this is for our own safety and security so let us understand them.
Embracing all the decisions of government is not smart at all. If people will not resist their wrong decisions then I am afraid these authorities won’t fear in robbing all the assets from innocent citizens. A man must have full awareness of his rights and fight for them in case of compromise. That is what freedom is about. They know best and that is why they don't let people have the best.
educart

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 03:26:16 PM

I heard about the Swiss project Sygnum, which is a cryptocurrency bank, and they stated that their goal is to help the industry develop the adoption of digital assets. Switzerland shows the world a good example of how to work with crypto assets in a completely legal and cost-effective way. This is good for Europe, it can be borrowed for other countries. Regulation should be if we do not want to be left alone among scammers.
Whilemost

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 03:55:33 PM

I also think like you, regulation will be good for the cryptocurrency industry even in the future and now. Electronic industry regulations should be carefully adjusted.  Smiley
Longthi_4823_Love

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 04:02:34 PM

Yes regulation will be a good thing in the long run. regulate the building up of public industry beliefs and that will lead to mass adoption. Rules are very good thing. We should obey the rules.
Rafiqul

Activity: 1358
Merit: 10

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 05:05:43 PM

It all depends on your point of you and your expectations from the industry. If the most valuable thing is anonymity, then regulations is clearly a very bad thing. But if you want to free crypto space from scammers, there is no other way besides integrating hard regulations.
I support of your opinion. Although regulations are always bad for crypto  but i think some basic sides in crypto world needs hard regulations.; so that scams and illegal activites can not enter.

ACTrend

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 05:12:05 PM

I support. Regulation will facilitate the work with cryptocurrency. The investor will be protected. Of course, anonymity will become more transparent. But who has nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 05:20:58 PM

Seems like we have majority of cryptocurrency users backing regulation if you take a poll from this thread. I equally subscribe to full regulation as long as it doesn't eliminate the existence of digital assets and doesn't fully control the centralisation. Fact is, regulation will bring more order and progress needed in crypto right now

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 05:29:10 PM

Seems like we have majority of cryptocurrency users backing regulation if you take a poll from this thread. I equally subscribe to full regulation as long as it doesn't eliminate the existence of digital assets and doesn't fully control the centralisation. Fact is, regulation will bring more order and progress needed in crypto right now
correct, regulation is something that must be applied in this industry, because with regulations that are applied of course it will make a better future with more neatly arranged and also, with regulations will at least make it easier for investors to invest more comfortably and safely because this industry is indeed need to have centralized management so that changes can be done better and of course for a better security

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 05:35:29 PM

correct, regulation is something that must be applied in this industry, because with regulations that are applied of course it will make a better future with more neatly arranged and also, with regulations will at least make it easier for investors to invest more comfortably and safely because this industry is indeed need to have centralized management so that changes can be done better and of course for a better security

yes, in accordance with other opinions that regulation is very important in this cryptoqurrency industry. at least with the regulation can handle several problems, especially the fraud project. if regulations can be applied it may reduce project fraud or increase public confidence again.

imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 05:35:46 PM

but if there is centralized management, this might not happen here because the crypto space is free and cannot be controlled by institutions or individuals. maybe the existing regulation should focus more on the quality level of the developer because the problems that occur are mostly from failed developments
adsdas

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 06:02:59 PM

but if there is centralized management, this might not happen here because the crypto space is free and cannot be controlled by institutions or individuals. maybe the existing regulation should focus more on the quality level of the developer because the problems that occur are mostly from failed developments
well, it seems i have a same opinion about your idea, having regulation about crypto can help us have a safer environment in the market and keep the price of cryptos more under control and stable than other altcoins, anyway a good market will have safe methods and regulations to protect investors from being scammed or become a scammer.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
tartibaya

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 06:06:55 PM

Everyone talks about the regulation of the sector. What's the point here? Arrangements to prevent fraud? To stop price movements? I think the arrangement should be to prevent the scammers first. Then the prices will be balanced.
CryptoGoldMiner

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 03:33:27 PM

Of course regulation is a pretty good news. I am very supportive of this because indeed this will be a pretty good thing, especially the developers of the project and their investors will be just as comfortable when they have permission.
In my humble opinion the disadvantages of regulation are bigger than advantages but it will become a new standart for all exchanges one day except decentralised exchanges. Atomic swap coins will become more popular and speculation will pump the prices of coins with ability to swap if regulation wave continues.

Very good point that few people mentioned: regulators can only target CEX and VASPs (see what the FATF report argues), neither DEX, nor P2P transactions. Atomic swaps and similar innovation will develop. We can even expect a two-tier industry: regulated CEX for "normal" traders, and unregulated DEX for informed and privacy-centric traders (large hodlers and whales one can imagine). This is not impossible. But it would at odd with regulators' goal to fight against anonymity and implement a technologically neutral regulation.
My opinion is :

Regulated CEX for the masses
Unregulated DEX for informed traders
Self-regulation of IEO and STO by self-regulating organizations and private firms (such as CipherTrace). We can imagine firms like coingecko establishing good practices and quality standards, ratings, etc. BTW, they already do it.

To sum up: regulation may trigger a segregation process between types of users, with significant impacts on innovation. Self-regulation must be considered seriously
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 03:37:13 PM

Of course regulation is a pretty good news. I am very supportive of this because indeed this will be a pretty good thing, especially the developers of the project and their investors will be just as comfortable when they have permission.
In my humble opinion the disadvantages of regulation are bigger than advantages but it will become a new standart for all exchanges one day except decentralised exchanges. Atomic swap coins will become more popular and speculation will pump the prices of coins with ability to swap if regulation wave continues.

Very good point that few people mentioned: regulators can only target CEX and VASPs (see what the FATF report argues), neither DEX, nor P2P transactions. Atomic swaps and similar innovation will develop. We can even expect a two-tier industry: regulated CEX for "normal" traders, and unregulated DEX for informed and privacy-centric traders (large hodlers and whales one can imagine). This is not impossible. But it would at odd with regulators' goal to fight against anonymity and implement a technologically neutral regulation.
My opinion is :

Regulated CEX for the masses
Unregulated DEX for informed traders
Self-regulation of IEO and STO by self-regulating organizations and private firms (such as CipherTrace). We can imagine firms like coingecko establishing good practices and quality standards, ratings, etc. BTW, they already do it.

To sum up: regulation may trigger a segregation process between types of users, with significant impacts on innovation. Self-regulation must be considered seriously
Well as for me, regulation be a good and a bad thing depending on what we look into. Regulations will definitely put bitcoin to a higher standard than what it is right now and may even have a chance to become a full-pledged coin that it was supposed to be in the first place. On the other hand it could be bad when you understand that putting up someone to take care, or an entity to take care of our coins and how they are spent. Defeats the purpose of most cryptocurrencies like bitcoin which is unshackled power on the consumer's hands
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 03:44:49 PM

Seems like we have majority of cryptocurrency users backing regulation if you take a poll from this thread. I equally subscribe to full regulation as long as it doesn't eliminate the existence of digital assets and doesn't fully control the centralization. Fact is, regulation will bring more order and progress needed in crypto right now
That is right. We will really see that regulation is better when we weigh between the advantages and disadvantages of Crypto regulation. Aside from taxes and control, I think everything will be alright. We will also sue everyone who plans to scam and we can have assurances if the regulation happens.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: