Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards  (Read 47354 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:26:45 PM

You didn't get a PM response because you PM'd at 1AM my time zone. Did you email sales@gekkoscience as specified in the initial post instructions?

As for connecting to load-balance, yes. I wouldn't use the spraypaint to connect terminals though, but that's just me being sarcastic. Your orange line is tying the SHR pins together, which the supplies use to cross-regulate and ensure an equal distribution of current. To turn them on simultaneously, you need to use the EON signals also.
On mine I have one master supply, whose POK is wired to the other supplies' EON lines. When the master supply turns on or off, the POK line goes high or low respectively, which kicks on the other supplies at the same time.

You shouldn't really need to connect all the terminals together on every board, as they're all electrically connected already. Unless your load is very very unevenly distributed across the boards. I have 10 S1 blades pulling from 3 PSU boards, so 4 on one and 3 on the other two. Pretty evenly distributed, but the two 3-blade boards push a little current to the 4-blade board. I have 3 16AWG 9" leads (in a single spade, like the standard cables) running between the first screw on adjacent boards to link them exactly as you have pictured.

As for these being noisy, I've slept beside case fans for so long that it's hard for me to sleep in a quiet room anymore. A few months ago a supply gave out on me and powered down two Cubes; I woke up almost instantly (the fans were still spinning under inertia) because the lack of fan noise tripped alarms in my subconscious. When the fans are turned low, they're not loud by my standards but my standards are probably skewed.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

Thanks for the quote. I emailed you guys back, would like to grab 3 ASAP hope you can get them shipped up North quick!
h@shKraker

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:57:52 PM

Sidehack,

When you said ->

10 S1 blades pulling from 3 PSU boards

Did you mean you have 5 antminers (thus making 10 total blades) *OR* did you mean you have 10 full antminers running?

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:37:47 PM

10 Blades, 5 two-blade (standard) AntMiner S1 units.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
JLebowskiTheDude

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:14:22 PM

Just wanted to echo the same thing I said in the other thread here in case some people don't follow both.

Don't hesitate to pick up these boards, cables, or full kits which are really competitively priced from sidehack, GekkoScience, or any of his minions!  Cheesy

It's quality stuff from quality folks.

I've had two boards and eBayed Z750P's powering 4 Cubes 24/7 for over a month with no issues whatsoever.

To those who were asking about the noise of the Z750P fan, I'm like sidehack there.  I don't even notice the regular white noise of the fan at normal speeds.  At high speed, you can definitely hear the whine from quite a bit away.  The fan control knob on the board works quite well for the two boards we have but I'm glad to hear sidehack and his team are working out any possible kinks there for future users.

shaxs

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:04:27 AM

So this is probably a dumb question, but is it safe for these exposed boards to sit on a rubber coated wire rack? Would there be an issue if they somehow can in contact with the metal wire rack?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:44:16 AM

Yes, if the bottom side hits metal it could risk shorting. I'd recommend putting a rubber mat, tupperware lid, or junkmail underneath the board just in case.

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:47:35 PM

Yes, if the bottom side hits metal it could risk shorting. I'd recommend putting a rubber mat, tupperware lid, or junkmail underneath the board just in case.

Perhaps being given a coat of Plasti-dip might help?
http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:00:36 PM

Unless you ever need to maintain it.

A semi-permanent solution I'd recommend is cut a piece of plastic or something and mount it using the screw holes on the board. Won't come off on its own but easy to remove if you need to.

h@shKraker

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:36:55 PM

How about you just cover yourself in latex to protect against electrical short??  Shocked

H@shKraker

claudesdad

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:24:24 AM

Just wanted to echo the same thing I said in the other thread here in case some people don't follow both.

Don't hesitate to pick up these boards, cables, or full kits which are really competitively priced from sidehack, GekkoScience, or any of his minions!  Cheesy

It's quality stuff from quality folks.

I've had two boards and eBayed Z750P's powering 4 Cubes 24/7 for over a month with no issues whatsoever.

To those who were asking about the noise of the Z750P fan, I'm like sidehack there.  I don't even notice the regular white noise of the fan at normal speeds.  At high speed, you can definitely hear the whine from quite a bit away.  The fan control knob on the board works quite well for the two boards we have but I'm glad to hear sidehack and his team are working out any possible kinks there for future users.

Received some boards from Gekko on Friday and just had a chance to get them up and running tonite.  On the two boards and two supplies I've tried so far - the fan speed knob on the interface board is not seeming to have any effect.  I can turn it all the way from one side to the other - and the fan still stays at the same speed - which seems like a high speed actually. I'm wondering if I'm missing something - I was just trying the supplies hooked up to my cube before I swapped my S1's over.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:32:26 AM

Anyone ever that has a problem with the fan speed, read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379677.msg5721102#msg5721102

h@shKraker

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Ok everyone, here's my evaluation of this product  powering 2 antminers OC'd to 375Mhz hashing stably between 193 and 202 Ghash.  First thing first, the workmanship is GREAT on this product.  All you have to do is open the static bag that comes covering the board and plug it into the PSU connector  Then connect the yellow wires to the +12vdc rail and the black ones to the ground rail.  Next, plug in the PCI-E connectors to the device you want to to power.  Finally plug the AC plug for the PSU into the wall/PSU and flip the large paddle switch to turn everything on.  Viola, all your connected stuff comes on.  On that fan speed thing, keep in mind that fan speed control POT is REALLY sensitive.  The best way I can describe how to learn of this is to turn the knob all the way down and then slowly start moving it the opposite direction.  You'll get to a point where the fan noise and speed jumps up noticeably.  It's at that point you've crossed the "really sensitive" threshold.  Back off a bit from there and the fan speed and noise will again decrease.  On another note, these Dell PSUs *are* industrial grade server PSUs.  They're not really known for begin stealthy so if the noise bothers you try not to sleep with the PSU next to your head.  For some reason I can't attach a photo of my 2 AntMiners begin powered by one Dell PSU BUT if someone can point me to the directions for doing that I'll upload a photo.  Hope this helps.

H@shKraker

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:00:41 AM

I just tested a modification on the next batch of boards that should give touchy but reliable fan control to a wider variety of supplies. Just tested it on N750P-S0, N750P-S1, Z750P-00 Rev A00, A01 and A02. They're boards we should start shipping probably Wednesday.

h@shKraker

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:42:10 AM

Sidehack,

It is at this juncture I must deliver to you the "one armed paper hanger" high 5 ..... sure ... it looks like waving but REALLY it's clapping  Shocked

H@shKraker

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:48:38 AM

Oh yeah and they'll have a better mating connector to plug into the PSU. That's one of the things I wasn't really satisfied with on the V0.4, but we got some better parts and a better board to fit them. And the terminal blocks and header pins are labeled better on this version so it'll be easier to know what you're doing. The toggle switch mounts better so it'll be more solid on the board, and hopefully all the underside work will be cleaner. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the V0.5 boards we got now.

Oh yeah and the current meter should be accurate now. It's calculated to 1.8V on the CUR pin corresponds to a 60A load, with a 5% tolerance on the measurement.

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:51:46 PM

I just tested a modification on the next batch of boards that should give touchy but reliable fan control to a wider variety of supplies. Just tested it on N750P-S0, N750P-S1, Z750P-00 Rev A00, A01 and A02. They're boards we should start shipping probably Wednesday.

You and your team's agility in revision cycles and turn-around is great.

Even with the lazy-good-for-little workers you rant about occasionally!  Grin

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:58:21 PM

We had the revisions made for the V0.5 board the night we received the V0.4 batch. Put it together, ran it through the ringer and made a list of fixes. I just made the first V0.5 fully-functional board last night and we have a list of stuff to change for the V0.6 as well. Gotta keep making things better.

As for the workers, well they're gonna get a full retraining this week on surface-mount soldering and general quality standards. One of the guys is already putting out pretty good work. He's my least-experienced minion, with the least free time, and is putting up more productivity and the highest quality of work.

vnhyp0

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:53:21 PM

They are a bit noisy but get the job done well and are one of the cheapest ways to power s1 farms per PSU.

Thanks for the great product!

QQ: 2228207157
JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

As for the workers, well they're gonna get a full retraining this week on surface-mount soldering and general quality standards. One of the guys is already putting out pretty good work. He's my least-experienced minion, with the least free time, and is putting up more productivity and the highest quality of work.

Glad to hear at least one of the minions has been properly whipped into shape!

Keep up the excellent work.  Truly. 

I make it a point to forward nearly anyone I know involved with mining toward this thread and the other threads highlighting the use of these more inexpensive, yet highly efficient units.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: