Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards  (Read 47357 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:44:44 PM

I'm really looking forward to getting some DPS-2000BB boards done and ready for testing. We should also have some DPS-800GBA boards in the works, which'll be handy for folks that are retiring Blade backplanes in exchange for other hardware. The DPS-2000BB boards will have integrated fan controllers (4-wire) with adjustable speed and two headers.

And within a few days we should have some test three-way-controller boards for hooking supplies in parallel and controlling them all as one. That'll take a lot of headache out of people trying to figure it out for themselves. The 10-pin headers on all our boards will be pin- and signal-compatible so the control board should work with all of the different supplies.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
JLebowskiTheDude

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:51:46 PM

I'm really looking forward to getting some DPS-2000BB boards done and ready for testing. We should also have some DPS-800GBA boards in the works, which'll be handy for folks that are retiring Blade backplanes in exchange for other hardware. The DPS-2000BB boards will have integrated fan controllers (4-wire) with adjustable speed and two headers.

And within a few days we should have some test three-way-controller boards for hooking supplies in parallel and controlling them all as one. That'll take a lot of headache out of people trying to figure it out for themselves. The 10-pin headers on all our boards will be pin- and signal-compatible so the control board should work with all of the different supplies.

You're really, really tempting me to wire up a 220v outlet where our mining equipment is and switch over to these higher capacity beasts.

I have a buddy who "was" an electrician for some time and would probably be easy coerced with beer to help me electrocute myself.

Give me a reason not to pursue this please!

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:05:04 AM

The Z750 supplies also really like running off 220. Go ahead. Go for it. I'm gonna, as soon as I have free time.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:14:45 AM

The Z750 supplies also really like running off 220. Go ahead. Go for it. I'm gonna, as soon as I have free time.

Wrong answer damn it.  Cheesy

Oh well.  We all gotta die somehow. 

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:31:30 AM

You're really, really tempting me to wire up a 220v outlet where our mining equipment is and switch over to these higher capacity beasts.

I have a buddy who "was" an electrician for some time and would probably be easy coerced with beer to help me electrocute myself.

You will not regret this. At all.
/someonewithwaytoomuch220vandpsusandantsSAVEME
JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:14:43 AM

You will not regret this. At all.
/someonewithwaytoomuch220vandpsusandantsSAVEME

Dante said it best.  "Abandon all hope..."

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:27:20 AM

I really want to make a "your mom" joke out of that response, but this isn't really the place.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:10:23 AM

220V is worth it. most of your equipment will be about 2-5% more efficient and allows more watts per amp, which equates to significant savings over a few months of operation

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
claudesdad

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:50:41 PM

This is exactly what I did last weekend.  Luckily - my racks are only about 10 feet from my breaker box.  I wired in a 30 amp 240V outlet with a twist lock - and then attached the APC metered PDU I had scored on Ebay the week before - and now all the S1's are running on 240V.   Speaking of which - I noticed a comment about there being a Rev 06 board for the Dell 2950 750W PSU's - is that out yet?   I'd like to order some more boards so I can get the rest of my miners up and going on the Dell supplies and retire the Corsairs.

Plus I've got one board that seems to have fried the fan speed adjuster for some reason.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:28:27 AM

Has the board's fan speed indeed failed, or is it just accidentally set to external control? I believe the question has been asked before but not yet answered.

Also, no the V0.6 board doesn't exist yet. We just started shipping V0.5 boards, and are making the list of things to change on the next batch. V0.6 boards won't be avaibale for probably at least a month. The V0.5 boards have better connectors, more accurate current measurement, better labeling and a more solidly mounted toggle switch. Any other changes were made to help expedite manufacture.

claudesdad

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:21:24 PM

Has the board's fan speed indeed failed, or is it just accidentally set to external control? I believe the question has been asked before but not yet answered.

Also, no the V0.6 board doesn't exist yet. We just started shipping V0.5 boards, and are making the list of things to change on the next batch. V0.6 boards won't be avaibale for probably at least a month. The V0.5 boards have better connectors, more accurate current measurement, better labeling and a more solidly mounted toggle switch. Any other changes were made to help expedite manufacture.

I just went back and revisited this.  I could have sworn I carefully checked the positions of the switches when I was testing - but maybe I didn't have them fully moved into position.....

In any case - on the power supply I just checked with, which is a version A00 - the fan speed control is working as expected on that board that had thought that it wasn't.

You'll be getting an email from me shortly at Gekkoscience - I want to order more boards.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:02:45 AM

Good to hear it's working properly. I don't like building things that ever fail.

Any orders placed now will get V0.5 boards, whose fans work on a wider variety of supplies. Still busting up stock though. One of my minions I think is quitting on me, the other two are halfway through training and the other full-time guy has been working on PCB design and adminstrative all week so we don't have as many boards on hand as I would like. I just spent about 11 hours manufacturing and will be at it again tomorrow afternoon to get some (large) current orders met Monday and then stock'll be back up on Tuesday.

claudesdad

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:01:12 AM

Good to hear it's working properly. I don't like building things that ever fail.

Any orders placed now will get V0.5 boards, whose fans work on a wider variety of supplies. Still busting up stock though. One of my minions I think is quitting on me, the other two are halfway through training and the other full-time guy has been working on PCB design and adminstrative all week so we don't have as many boards on hand as I would like. I just spent about 11 hours manufacturing and will be at it again tomorrow afternoon to get some (large) current orders met Monday and then stock'll be back up on Tuesday.

I sent you another order a little while ago - keep working those minions!

Somebody is selling a package on Ebay using your boards.  Just saw it this afternoon.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:00:40 AM

As far as I know, two people are. One is us (eBay seller midwestrefurb), and the other is TracerX who bought a few in the first batch and has been trying to unload them at substantial markup for a little over a month. Course now I'm not seeing tracerx' listing so who knows.

claudesdad

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:12:01 PM

As far as I know, two people are. One is us (eBay seller midwestrefurb), and the other is TracerX who bought a few in the first batch and has been trying to unload them at substantial markup for a little over a month. Course now I'm not seeing tracerx' listing so who knows.

Yeah - this was somebody else.  And now I can't find the auction.  I checked under the two  usernames you mentioned and it was not either one of them.  They were offering a "kit" with the PSU, one of your boards, a power cord - and the PCI-E cables (which looked like they made them themselves because they were black and red not black and yellow).

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:35:04 PM

You mean http://www.ebay.com/itm/301102598928 ? Yeah that's the guy that bought boards and cables in the first batch, added the supply and started reselling them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131138536113 is my listing.

claudesdad

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:44:08 PM

You mean http://www.ebay.com/itm/301102598928 ? Yeah that's the guy that bought boards and cables in the first batch, added the supply and started reselling them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131138536113 is my listing.

Yes - that's the one I remembered seeing.  He's actually sold a couple - but that's way overpriced IMHO.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:30:32 PM

It's come down from $125 plus shipping.

claudesdad

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

It's come down from $125 plus shipping.
Shocked

Wow.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:01:50 PM

Still got boards and cables available. We're now shipping the V0.5 boards, which have a better supply-side socket (better more reliable fit) and improved current metering. We're working on PCB design for DPS-2000BB boards and should be prototyping soon. We're also working out a package kit for tying three Z750 supplies together with a single control board with better status LEDs and unified control, that'll allow you to load-balance them together into a single ~2200W unit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: