Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:32:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell bounty token at a loss?  (Read 17811 times)
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:45:20 AM

I see three options when it comes to coins and tokens earned during the bounty campaigns:

1. Sell them as soon as they show up on exchange, because most of the times the price will be going down after the listing.
2. Sell some and hold the rest. If you belive in the project, but need some btc for liquidity, you can sell for example 50% and keep the rest for better times.
3. Hoard everything you earn and wait for the next crazy bull run to sell at the x100 top. Only for true belivers Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sanmark

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:56:50 AM

It doesn't matter if you got it from bounty, ICO or you mined it, its yours now and you invested your time, money or money for electricity and time=money and you want to sell it for pennies in bear market! If its price skyrocket after you sell, after a year, two, four... you are stuck with your pennies, empty pocket and regret!

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:10:18 AM

If you have free Bounty tokens, would you sell at a loss? It can have advantages or disadvantages to sell at a loss: to avoid more loss but also to realises losses.

Personally I would wait for a better overall crypto market and sell later, because it's a bear market right now. If price rises again you can make a better profit and get more money back per coin if you wait and sell later. Market recovery will be positive to many good projects.

What's your strategy to make most profits now?
I think holding tokens when distributed from ICO projects is not good. Because I used to hold quite a lot of tokens but its price is down. I have learned from myself. I will sell them to buy back ETH and hold on for long.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:29:36 AM

If you have free Bounty tokens, would you sell at a loss? It can have advantages or disadvantages to sell at a loss: to avoid more loss but also to realises losses.

Personally I would wait for a better overall crypto market and sell later, because it's a bear market right now. If price rises again you can make a better profit and get more money back per coin if you wait and sell later. Market recovery will be positive to many good projects.

I think holding tokens when distributed from ICO projects is not good. Because I used to hold quite a lot of tokens but its price is down. I have learned from myself. I will sell them to buy back ETH and hold on for long.
Bounty rewards is not easy to earn as it needs effort and time for a month that we struggle to comply the bounty requirement just to have bounty token and then easily to dispose and sell at a lose? As for me and what I always did is to hold it until it is profitable even it takes a month and year because everything in crypto is like a gambling.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:41:59 AM

Investing in both times and money involved risk and you should be prepared for everything as this market is not quite stable.  I have a friend that earn about $800 in a bounty and he has been holding and that same coin is now below $50. I think it is wise to analyze any bounty and see in it is good you sell your tokens instantly or hold!
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:12:29 AM

Investing in both times and money involved risk and you should be prepared for everything as this market is not quite stable.  I have a friend that earn about $800 in a bounty and he has been holding and that same coin is now below $50. I think it is wise to analyze any bounty and see in it is good you sell your tokens instantly or hold!
Almost all the people who are holding the crypto in the bounty campaigns have lost too much this year. Holders say people who sell coins at the first will cry but that is the opposite in this market. Time and luck are important.
medsi2

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:15:31 AM

In my opinion it all depends if you believe in the project.

If you think that it has a bright future ahead, then you should not sell your bounty tokens.
If you don't believe in such projects, then you can try to short them or move your funds on other investments.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 10:27:22 AM

As you've quoted it, it is free bounty tokens so I don't see it as loss even if I sell at any point in the market onces listed and I have noticed over the months I have joined the crypto space that it's is usually better to sell of my bounty tokens/coins as soon as listed cos the price always come down and if I feel it's a good enough project, will buy back in later when the price is down. So I never consider it a lost.
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:37:02 PM

In most cases, I get reward tokens after those have fallen significantly in value. The tokens I receive before listing can not be sold before the price falls several times. Thus, I become the true believer & holder Grin.

baricuri

Activity: 322

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:54:14 PM

If you hold the bonus code, you should not rush to sell them, as they will grow over time, so be patient, wait for the good price to sell, in my opinion hold for several months

Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:58:37 PM

It depends on what ICO. If you carefully have chosen great project IMHO you should wait, now it a little bit late to sell on the bottom IMHO. Or you can sell half to lower your risk. If this just some unknown airdrop sell it immediately Wink

Aion2n

Activity: 700
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:09:10 PM

Personally, I try to participate only in those projects that are really interesting to me. Accordingly, I get tokens that I need. In the beginning I can sell some of these tokens (if I have a need for money). But in general, most of the tokens I leave.
Based on my goals, I would say that to get maximum profit I leave tokens and don't sell them immediately.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:26:01 PM

Loss ? What do you mean by loss ? You just lose time with bounties not money ; not your investment . You are always on profit with bounties .
I would keep them all
andrey111

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:30:42 PM

I do not understand - how can I sell at a loss if you did not pay money for the tokens? If you mean - sell in a falling market, or wait, it depends on the strategy that you adhere to.
In order not to be very disappointed for lost time, I personally sell 50% right away, and 50% leave in hold.
Vovan99

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:42:56 PM

tokens from the bounty campaign can be sold at any time, they are in fact got for free. You can wait and sell when the price is several times greater
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:54:48 PM

when I get a bounty token I always try to hold it until I need money and then sell it. So basically I don't think of profit or loss when I will sell coins from my bounty because that is a coin that we get without using fiat but only works with time.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:46:09 PM

I HODL all my bounty tokens because it's bear market now and I'm waiting for bull market. I want to sell on highs not on dip and I don't care the waiting time because I have good patience and want to take huge profits after new bull run in 2019.
Donotam

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:02:36 PM

selling at lose isnt good choice, even when we get from bounty/ free money
we are better to wait and hold to get more profit

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
Manuel05

Activity: 316
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:40:46 PM

Well i did sell my bounty token immediately and after a week it dropped 40% below the ICO price and its still below the price. I can say i was luck because i my strategy have always been hold tokens until they reach a reasonable price.
But with this current bear market i dont think selling token are not worth any bounty effort, so its reasonable to just hold until the market stabilizes.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:41:10 PM

its normal, every bounty participant will sell their token right after distribution, its mean most of bounty participant has realize if they sell their token right after bounty distribution they might lost a few because they sell it with cheap price even under ICO price.
The majority of ICO will impact of dumped price caused by bounty participant sell their token, but if you have more patience and wait until the platform are ready to run it will return you more benefit.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: