Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] ** user named 'fazzerking' targeting developers**  (Read 1664 times)
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:38:05 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 10:10:31 PM by mammix2

HI All
Here is why you should not trust or ever use Coinmarket.io anymore..

i wrote this conversation initially as i though it was genuinely from coinmarket.io
Lets hope coinmarket.io are nothing to do with this scammer!

=============================================

Coinmarket.io
Hello
My name is Khal/Kristian Thomsen and i am a developer on Coinmarket.io
I would like to list C-coin to coinmarket and we would appreciate a bounty aswell!
Reply back if ur interested.

Me
HI
Yes we're interested, tell me more.
Just tried to look at coinmarket.io, but your host is down?
Thanks
Matt

Coinmarket.io
Hello
Yes we a doing a server maintance, it will be up in a couple of hours.
Kristian

Me
Managed to get a peek at the website via a different route. looks good :-)
Yes please can you add CCN to the trade list, that will be awesome.
Are we ok to announce this on the boards?
Cheers
Matt

Coinmarket.io
Hello
We are not putting it on the exchange on for free, do not expect that.
Kristian

Me
Fair enough, name your price / "Donation' :-)

Coinmarket.io
Hello
Getting listed on our exchange costs 0.20 BTC or in LTC. Considering our large popularity, which is standard.
Kristian

Me
Ok Sounds fine.
What is your BTC address?

Me
Hi
Can you confirm you have received the 0.2 BTC, and that our coin CCN will be listed very soon?
Can you also confirm with currencies it will be listed against, LTC / BTC / DOGE etc..
I need to announce this fact in our forum posts
Thanks
Matt

Coinmarket.io
Hello
Sorry for the late answer, but i have been working on the site.
I checked this morning and i haven't recieved the 0.20 btc you sent us.
Kristian

Me
No worries, i'm sure youre really busy getting it back online..
The .2 BTC i sent yesterday is in the blockchain
https://blockchain.info/tx/ef67359faa28113e13ddeeb58458ada8470ea3eb348a3625056ee3f768d7a480

Coinmarket.io
Oh no, i had that in the clipboard yesterday it is not our adress. That adress is not related to us
Kristian

Me
Kristian, its the one you sent me yesterday?

Ok, yes that is unfortunate.
Can you look back through all your transaction history from yesterday and think back what you were doing. Maybe the address is from someone you know and you could get them to refund?
Other than that. We still have an agreement in place and the fact that you sent the wrong address, yes while that is unfortunate. I did everything you asked me to do to get our coin CCN listed on your market.
i hope you can find the address so at least you won't be out of pocket.
Thanks
Matt

Coinmarket.io
Hello
Sorry but we "cant" cover your loss and the adress is from a user who requested a withdrawal. I have no information from him.
Kristian

Me
Seriously!
You sent me the wrong address. I paid you in good faith with the information that you sent me!, you have an obligation to cover it or try to recover the amount?
I'm sure that you have a lot of things going on over there with the site being down, but this transaction is important for us to get the coin listed for exchange, and for your reputation.

Please reply...

Me
Kristian
I know you're busy there at the moment, but i need you to reply to this, or i will be forced to take this conversation to the forum, because at the moment i feel like you intentionally scammed me out of 0.2 BTC!

Coinmarket.io
Hello
Dont take quick actions, i will look into this..
Kristian

Me
Ok, thanks for replying. At least i know you are reading these messages... Dialogue is very important
What are you planning to do about this, so we can continue the conversation after you have carried out the actions?

Coinmarket.io
Try to get in contact with the guy you sent the btc to, but we are very busy getting the website up at the same time. So have patient.

Me
Ok
Which timezone are you in. So i know what time to reply back to you later today, after you have attempted to contact him?

Me
Hi Kristian
Any news?

Me
Any news?
Still waiting here...

Me
Kristian, what is happening?
Still no reply from you...

Me
Kristian
I feel that you intentionally scammed me out of .2 BTC, and that you don't ever have any wish to get Coinmarket.io back online.
I have given you many chances to get this resolved in a professional manor, and you continue to ignore my messages.
As i warned i would do, I now have no choice now but to expose how untrustworthy you actually are, and will be posting this entire conversation on the forum.

1HfpFYxBUpQ941mKd4DEjsyA22HN4Kerzu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:41:01 PM

And here is what he has just replied...
============================

Ruin my reputation and i will make sure no big exchange will me listing your coin. I don't like how you threat me and i will make sure the reputation of your coin will be very bad.

I have real life issues and busy with getting a site up instead of looking for your pennies.

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:43:43 PM

Wow...that is bad, and very low of them. Hope it all works out for you.
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:44:16 PM

Sounds like any other day in alt coin land
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:46:18 PM

Sounds like any other day in alt coin land

This is crazy altcoin land!

BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:47:13 PM

hmmm
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:47:59 PM

wtf is that is a real conversation i am very worried about  my funds there.... not much i guess but still what an asshole....fuck that place.

lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:48:59 PM

yes, I agree, cryptsy is bad.

Kiss
IlhemYz0

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

F#

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:51:08 PM

hi, how you can talk with him Huh

Psychedelic *7
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:51:57 PM

wtf is that is a real conversation i am very worried about  my funds there.... not much i guess but still what an asshole....fuck that place.

unfortunately it is...
Maybe they actually want to get a site up and running properly, but the way he handled this with me is so unprofessional. Doesn't help his reputation!

LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

This guy have already an "asshole reputation", when these associals geeks manage to do smething "valuable" from their life they start to be cocky and dumb, "hello realsolid".

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:15:26 PM

Lol.

No sympathy for you. You tried bribing a exchange to dump your clone coin and you got mugged. You two deserve each other.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

Kiss

HUH?!?
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 02:34:12 PM

Sounds like you got scammed by the guy going around pretending to be a coinmarket.io representative.

Might want to investigate before you believe random PMs you get sent. Roll Eyes

brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:36:52 PM

lol you paid some scammer not the real coinmarket.io
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:42:24 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 03:07:12 PM by lasciv

Kiss

HUH?!?

Relax, it's a joke.

All those people whining about cryptsy got fucked by some shaddy exchanges. I remember when those guys showed up, they were like 'You need us more then we need you'. They had 5 coins, maybe 8 or 9 at its peak, while cryptsy supports more then half of coinmarketcap. Everybody was praising them, how fast and professional they were. I mean, wtf, I can exchange you 5 coins really fast.

As for the downtime, at least cryptsy didn't go off for three weeks.

I am not saying you should keep your coins at cryptsy, I don't. But at least you know who is behind cryptsy. Personally, I'm too paranoid for that 'coins on a safe exchange' stuff, but I would have been very cautious with my coins if I were to store them anywhere, ecpecially with beta exchanges (ones that have been beta for two months!).

I am not trading on cryptsy, or other exchanges, just very small fractions of btc. I made money off market, but if I were to store my coins anywhere I wouldn't store them in some anonymous guys storage.

Cryptsy is also full of controversies, I'm not saying it isn't, but have proven reliable so far (in the long run).

Kiss
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:46:33 PM

Sounds like you got scammed by the guy going around pretending to be a coinmarket.io representative.

Might want to investigate before you believe random PMs you get sent. Roll Eyes

yes i did think after "why the fuck didnt i use escrow'   
doh !

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:49:02 PM

I want to see screen pictures.

I cant believe any exchange would be so petty.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:11:42 PM

This has either got to be an attempt to FUD, a scam due to some at least a little bit of incompetence, or a really big deal.

I personally think the likelihood for each situation is like 35%/62%/3%.

In the future, either do more confirmation/verification or use some sort of escrow process. It really doesn't sound like you should have lost your money if you took more care. I say it is a scam because of the whole wrong address deal, that's a commonplace move by scammers and since you can reverse it, you're pretty much out of luck.
mammix2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:16:54 PM

This has either got to be an attempt to FUD, a scam due to some at least a little bit of incompetence, or a really big deal.

I personally think the likelihood for each situation is like 35%/62%/3%.

In the future, either do more confirmation/verification or use some sort of escrow process. It really doesn't sound like you should have lost your money if you took more care. I say it is a scam because of the whole wrong address deal, that's a commonplace move by scammers and since you can reverse it, you're pretty much out of luck.

If this guy is nothing to do with coinmarket.io, i'm genuinely sorry to have assumed it was them,  and will bow down my stupidity of getting scammed!

but here are the pics of the conversation as best i can screen grab them..

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: