Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:41:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2891 times)
terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:39:18 PM

I am not a favor for Kyc in airdrop, why would I risk my confidential documents for 5 usd and worst you submitted your KYC and you won't receive any token.

Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:46:08 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
The identity doesn't what the value of token allocated to participants of airdrop, i can't jeopardize my identity for cheap airdrop which are worthless a times.
Btcirene88

Activity: 214
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:48:42 PM

Actually KYC requirements are only intended for those members who are invested but in airdrop section it is not appropriate for the said program because this is a form of reward token and in the investing side it involves a huge capital so definately there is a big difference on it, in advantage of knowing people participated in a project are not criminal.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
toonwer

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:57:17 PM

To be honest for newbies might be wise to avoid airdrops that requires verification.
I do not claim there are no good airdrops, but recently there was many fake airdrops which is aimed to collect personal data. Be careful guys.
HyperLup

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:43:23 PM

To be honest, I prefer to do KYC only for reliable and profitable projects. If an airdrop is asking for KYC, I don't even think to join of it.
Elseye

Activity: 378

ApolloX

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:08:36 PM

As for me that's too much for airdrops...I think that personal data is a really valuable thing and I will do that only for a very promising project.

Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:11:18 PM

If I barely agree with the use of KYC in exchanges because they try to regulate scammers, do you think I would agree on the KYC of airdrops? it is not worth risking my identity for a few tokens that most likely are not worth anything at the end of the day, a lot of risk for such a little reward, in my opinion, it is not worth it.
kiansantan

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:16:23 PM

I do not claim there is no good airdrop, but recently there are many fake airdrops that aim to collect personal data. Be careful.
To be honest for beginners it might be wise to avoid air attacks that require verification.
carrascos

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:26:55 PM

I also, like you, the author, think that Kyc is absolutely unnecessary for Airdrop, and it’s just that they want to gather information about people in order to use it against them in the future.

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
Minusha

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

Honestly I don't understand why do airdrops need our private information, it sounds strange, like they gather information about the user of cryptocurrencies. I can understand even if I don't like it, why big ICOs need some information about us, but airdrops?? Never.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
timmydakolo2

Activity: 225

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 10:37:15 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

I don't welcome the idea of AirDrops getting to do KYC verification, that will really exposed ones identity and in turns most projects wont come out good and you get scam at the end. I definitely don't welcome it.
kabum21

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:41:25 PM

It's not a very good idea, since airdrops coins are not very valuable lately, I'm not saying there isn't potential, I'm just saying that there are many possibilities that you find scams out there, in the end, they are stranges on the internet and you would not give your passport to the Nigerian prince who sends you emails? or yes?
MasterCATZ

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:47:21 PM

This is bad and I do not advise you to give personal information for airdrop, good airdrop 10 out of 100, a very small chance to get on it.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:00:30 PM

I always feel that those people collecting KYC for airdrop is just using it to mine data which they will use to apply for their exchange listing, it is been known that most exchanges require kYC of the token buyers before they will accept to list the token, so i think that most of these airdrops are used to collect these user data and i feel that it is not good, though most people who joins it and submit their kYC did so with fake documents, so I will not advise anyone to submit their kyc for the sake of airdrop that worth nothing.

thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:13:14 PM

Weighing the benefits, most aren't worth it. Why should I exchange my private data for pennies so some unethical persons monetize it. If it's bounty then it looks like a fair deal.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:21:48 PM

Your opinion is correct, the KYC for the airdrop at the present time is superfluous and unnecessary. Earnings from airdrop are minimal as well as the amount of Token supply for airdrop accounts for less than 2% of Total supply Token. So I think it should not be KYC, it only suits the people invest more than 10 ETH in the ICO project only.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:26:34 PM

Almost every airdrop and project want KYC. We are not investors but airdrops want KYC.  For a average maximum of $ 5 worth  token to give us, I guess nobody gives them their true identity.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
galundan9

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:32:09 PM

KYC to Airdrop? if seen from the results of the token that I get it is not comparable to the security of our data to be able to get the token, because apparently nothing guarantees its security, especially when there are many Airdrops that are Scam and even though the token has entered our wallet still not subsequent development for its value. so I think KYC for Airdrop is not necessary and there are still many Airdrops without having to have a KYC and there is also a value.
sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:56:20 PM

For me KYC for aidrop is something I have to avoid, for me it's too risky to give my identity, but for some people, there are still those who participate in airdrop using KYC, my advice remains cautious and don't forget to always review the airdrop that was joined.

gaj ahmada

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:59:08 PM

in my opinion, don't join the airdrop which requires kyc, the airdrop results are very small and more important is our personal data,
currently there are lots of airdrop scams, our data security is not guaranteed, so I think it's better to skip airdrop which requires kyc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: