Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:08:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies?  (Read 4011 times)
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:05:13 AM

I don’t think something will happen to ETH. He is not alone in the project. There is a whole team that improves and works on the project.
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:06:33 AM

If Vitalik dies, Ethereum will definitely be affected, but I don't think it will hurt the Ethereum. Although Vitalik is a leader, I also believe that a company will definitely not have only one key person. The more powerful a company has more talents. When such a thing really happens, I believe that someone can become a new leader.

greatdn

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:13:46 AM

If something happens to the founder of eth, then in any case there will be a sharp drop in price. With the technology itself, of course, nothing will happen, but the future development will be in question.
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:29:26 AM

assumptions that are too panicked I guess
whatever happened to ethereum was from the turmoil that occurred in accidents and market corrections, in my view, there were many great people in the team behind Vitalik. we never know what can happen later without vitalik or with him
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:38:45 AM

In this case ETH will fall immediately, once upon a time fake news about Vitalik death has appeared and ETh has fallen that day. But at the same time Vitalik has team which can develop ethereum as well. As for me, I would sell ethereum at the moment of news, but later, after certain stability i would buy back ethereum for lower price, because it remains potential coin and there is no coin which is close to ETH sucess.
Generally speaking it is a disaster when system is centralized and ETh seems to be centralized,because Vitalik death can lead to such price drop
yla1974

Activity: 700
Merit: 380

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:41:06 AM

The question is certainly funny. Lenin was killed, and his work, and ideas lived for a long time. So I think nothing bad will happen to ETH. It would be much better for the project if he stopped putting his nose in it. The incident DAO, has left its mark on forever.
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:43:43 AM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes
I think or guess if ever Vitalik is gone or dead.
Ethereum will still be around, although some will panic sell, thinking the value of Ethereum could be affected by its creator death.
I think Ethereum will still around, it is a program that exist on computer or servers, it doesn't depend on someones life.
so I guess its not possible, and lets nothing happens really bad.
we really don't know though
fakegurutu

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:46:55 AM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

Well I guess if vitalik dies, ethereum will continue to flourish in the crypto world however with genius like vitalik, his predecessor might get difficulty in the blockchain of ethereum unless vitalik was able to teach everything about it. But lets not hope vitalik will die. He contributed too much in the crypto community.
kiansantan

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:52:56 AM

Although Vitalik is a leader, I also believe that the company will not only have one key person. Stronger companies have more talents. When things like that really happen, I believe that someone can be a new leader.
If Vitalik dies, Ethereum will definitely be affected, but I don't think it will hurt Ethereum. And etherium will definitely exist.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:00:07 AM

I don't think the project will fail as there would be other developers who could further develop Ethereum. The price will experience a sudden drop but I imagine it will be followed by a recovery not long after people realized that Vitalik isn't the only person who can make development into ETH.

This is a good reminder for ETH community. Right now, the face of Ethereum is too focused on Vitalik. Unlike Bitcoin where there are some key people but no one dominates.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:19:16 AM

The question is certainly funny. Lenin was killed, and his work, and ideas lived for a long time. So I think nothing bad will happen to ETH. It would be much better for the project if he stopped putting his nose in it. The incident DAO, has left its mark on forever.

i think this comment is the most absurd and funny one so far.
you are comparing the leader of revolution of 1917 with a shitty altcoin developer with stolen ideas who created a centralized crappy platform with lots of problems (including the DAO disaster).
ETH will disappear some day and we will only remember it faintly as a coin that got pumped and dumped a lot and gave many a lot of profit while bankrupt a lot of others.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:24:52 AM

I do not think that Ethereum will survive without Buterin. But on the other hand, BTC is doing really well, without any leader. Nobody still knows for sure, who was Satoshi and the Bitcoin functions pretty well.
posiandu

Activity: 380

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:25:01 AM

Nothing will happen. His place will be taken by other people in the team. He's not the only one working. He now seems to me to be just an ideological character.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:26:08 AM

This is a very weird question.

But i will speculate on this. As far as i know , he is not the head of ETh development team as in he does not call al the shots, ETH is decentralized.

If this event occurs, then the only damage would be that people would be in panic mode and sold, but this would happen only in short term

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
kidis

Activity: 241
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:28:42 AM

omg such a weird topic! Grin
The price will go up. When a rock star dies, his or her albums are sold off automatically the next day
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 10:35:50 AM

Vitalik do have some form of influence on the Ethereum blockchain through Ethereum Foundation but he has little to do with as it's already being taken care by thousands of volunteering ethereum enthusiast developers that his death would have little to no effect on Ethereum. It's one of the best thing about ethereum when comparing to its competitors.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:40:07 AM

This is a very interesting question, I think that if this happens, the Ethereum will lose a lot in price. But the Vitalik is more a media person than a developer, so the project will not disappear and will continue to exist.
MP_SI
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

Tell the truth – or, at least, don't lie!

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:33:37 PM

This is a very interesting question, I think that if this happens, the Ethereum will lose a lot in price. But the Vitalik is more a media person than a developer, so the project will not disappear and will continue to exist.

Or maby price could even go up since probbably some kind of 2PAC/Satoshy mith would be born - Vitalik was an alien!
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:17:29 PM

ETH is an established coin with 1000 developers.
It`s true that Vitalik is involved in the development activities and his lead is important, but life does not stop and the show must go on. 
When the product is bigger than the founder nothing can stop it.
Good example and parallel is Apple and Steve Jobs.
fumblingperch

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:52:40 PM

I think that if Vitaly dies, it will have almost no effect on Ethereum, as there are Ethereum owners who remain in the shadows.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: