Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:54:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies?  (Read 4006 times)
BGanio

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:34:26 PM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

In my opinion surely eth price will decrease dramatically after that kind of bad news but the end of the road it maybe good for ethereums future. Because eth can be continue like btc and vitalik will be a legendary leader.
You know too many important person become more popular after their death. So in first stage that will be bad but after sometime eth can recover i think .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
citydragoon

Activity: 173

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:44:28 PM

Vitalik will not be able to work with ETH for all the time of its excistence and earlier or later ETH will survive here with its oun help only. But I think that ETH's value will help it to survive.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1361

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:46:26 AM

Strange you ask a question.
Vitaly is the founder of Ethereum and is the owner of a large number of coins. His departure from the project or his death will certainly have a negative effect on Ethereum. You can remember what happened with the death of Steve Jobs and Apple, as well as the departure of Elon Musk from the post of chairman of the board of directors had a negative effect on Tesla's stock price.
However, Ethereum is a fairly developed system and I think that it will not die having lost its founder. The price will fall, but not to 0.

Ethereum could stand strong even if its founder is dead. However, considering that many people are quite sensitive with bad news in crypto land, they'll quickly panic sell ETH resulting in a massive decline in its price. With the huge number of developers working on Ethereum day and night, it's quite impossible for the project to become dead anytime soon. Of course, prices could fall drastically within a short time frame, but they could rise again once everything settles. The most important thing is that Ethereum should survive no matter if it has a leader or not.

AFAIK, Litecoin's founder (although not dead yet) has left the project to make it look more decentralized. In the case of Ethereum, it would look more decentralized if it didn’t have a leader behind it every step of the way. Despite this, Ethereum is still decentralized and depends on the efforts of the community to keep it going for years to come. Hence, if Apple is still alive and successful without Steve Jobs, then I believe that Ethereum would perform in a similar way to infinity and beyond. Just my opinion. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Inikoo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:24:39 AM

We would feel it in the price for the short term IMO, but the fundamentals are good and stable, so I do not think Ethereum would be sentenced to death.

Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:20:21 PM

LOL, not at all... Vitalik is more a speaker rather than a real developer of the system. This is exactly what decentralisation means, you have no individual that is irreplaceable.

Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:25:47 PM

LOL, not at all... Vitalik is more a speaker rather than a real developer of the system. This is exactly what decentralisation means, you have no individual that is irreplaceable.

No doubt Vitalik is a very smart buy but there even more intelligent people working on the ecosystem that are in the background and never heard from. 

Bitcoin is doing just fine without Satoshi.  I believe I similar situation would happen if Vitalik Buterin were to disappear. 
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:29:07 PM

And why do you think that Vitalik is going to die? It seems to me that Vitalik did not mean it, because he simply said that the project could live without him because Vitalik no longer leads the main development, that's all.
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 01:13:34 PM

First of all, no one is going to die ! Secondly, Vitalik said that he did not refuse the offer of Google and will work on his coin, it was about a week ago.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
reynilynedago

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:15:00 PM

No, not at all. Since Ethereum has already been developed and the programming part is completed I don't think the death of Vitalik will affect ether trading.
Crypto is decentralized and as everyone knows it is being worked with the investors all over the world so the market will rise with the passage of time and the new face after vitalik will be going to handle the eth as well and the projects will be going to work fine like before.
Abolaji11

Activity: 352

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 01:17:27 PM

Apple didn't fall when Steve Jobs died, it rather just recently became the first company to hit $1 trillion.
A team is a combination of experts geared towards the success of the project.
And Ethereum can survive without it's founder, as BTC is.
The market would surely react, as it would to any major news. But a total collapse won't happen.

I totally agree with your view. There is no doubt, there will be a negative reaction to the news of his death and it will affect eth price at that moment. However,  a total collapse won't occur as there will be competent personnel that will take over from him.
tridverju
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:19:16 PM

Not at all. Ethereum is one of the greatest crypto currencies at the moment and it is also too undervalued right now. 200 USD is no the price, that Ethereum deserves and it will pump very soon. Just keep calm and hodl your Ethereum until the bullish market comes.
winstonchurchillwar

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:22:19 PM

On my have Buterin all well with health. If he says something that is terminally ill, then of course this news will affect the price.
Malkazimir

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:30:36 PM

What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

It seems to me that the value of the coin will grow. A huge number of people are working on the platform. Such events are unlikely to have a negative effect. Ethereum is a very strong project that will continue its development.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:34:49 PM

It would certainly affect the price of Ethereum. But Ethereum can survive, like other altcoins. The Ethereum blockchain would still exist and won't disappear like this. But how much it can affect the price? I don't really know.
Why are people buying ETH? Because of Vitalik or other purposes? Did Apple disappear after the loss of Steve Jobs? No.
cryptonewsID

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

And why do you think that Vitalik is going to die? It seems to me that Vitalik did not mean it, because he simply said that the project could live without him because Vitalik no longer leads the main development, that's all.
ethereum will not die but has an influence on price if he dies, there might be someone who replaces the task of the vitalic and will continue to develop. don't think too much there is still young.
Serg33vnik

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:55:53 AM

A funny joke; D Perhaps there is already a line of many Vitaliks waiting for Buterin’s death.  And since there is a huge team and I doubt that the death of even a few of them somehow shattered etherium
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:22:32 AM

Probably not. The situation will be similar to bitcoin--satoshi is not yet known (almost equivalent to being dead) but it is stull functioning how it should be. In retrospect, Ethereum has one of the most active developers and maybe, just maybe, if Vit dies, it would spark a new revolution in crypto.

sultanGol

Activity: 188

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:31:20 PM

Vitalik is a very important member of the crypto community, but Ethereum is not about one person, it is much more than that IMO.

cc001

Activity: 164

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:26:10 PM

If he dies or leaves the project, nothing will happen to Ethereum. This has long been an independent system.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
alexhunter54

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:27:41 PM

i  can  say  for sure  that  it  can  not  happen  beacause  vitalik  is  not  the only  one  that supprot  bitcoin  and  if it  dies another  vitalik  will come  and there  will be no problem  at  all..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: