Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin bring an end to Paypal?  (Read 3055 times)
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:45:22 PM

No, bitcoin will not eliminate paypal because bitcoin and paypal are different paths. Paypal already has a large user and it is unlikely that paypal will disappear that easily.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:07:26 PM

I think that btc will not bring eng to such a popular and frequently used system of payment as Paypal. To my mind, Paypal is also good and they aren't even competitors as each of them has advantages
Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:27:03 PM

I think both assets will be valuable in the future. For each system there are its users.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:28:38 PM

bitbay will eventually reduce the use case for paypal through the DDE their market place provides.. bitcoin can offer lower rates than paypal although it does favour the vendor over the customer to quite a large extent so does not directly rival paypal as yet imho.

Of course I prefer bitcoin due to being trustless and decentralised and would always personally use it myself over paypal... well for sure if I was a vendor

however there is probably room for many services and since they have a huge lead and network effect it will be a while before they are pushed into a corner

they could probably survive longer by reducing their rates

Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:04:05 PM

I just see it as world's apart that might need each other,paypal is just a service provider,bitcoin provides services and has its own technology..
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:15:13 PM

i don't think so
people are free to choose between bitcoin or paypal to send money
so why should paypal end because of bitcoin?

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:16:39 PM

That seems like a longshot. I don't see payment processors like Paypal dying out unless BTC actually becomes the predominant unit of account (replacing fiat money), which would imply ubiquitous use as a medium of exchange, not just as an investment asset.

For now, not only is Paypal growing, but it's also expanding into other industries like credit card issuance. I think they'll be around for a while.

bitbay will eventually reduce the use case for paypal through the DDE their market place provides.. bitcoin can offer lower rates than paypal although it does favour the vendor over the customer to quite a large extent so does not directly rival paypal as yet imho.

That's an important point. Merchants need to use what customers want to use. They can't afford to stop accepting Paypal or credit cards in lieu of BTC. Customers can just shop elsewhere where they have consumer protections.

BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:25:12 PM

I don't think Paypal will end Because of Bitcoin, What i am thinking if ever Paypal growth is lessen because of Bitcoin one way to reverse it or to get users back to use paypal is to integrate Bitcoin to their payment system. Like you can exchange your dollars to Bitcoin going directly to your Bitcoin wallet or deposit funds in paypal using Bitcoin.
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:20:11 PM

In the spirit of mass adoptions we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

This is a good idea in my own side, if this development is adopted People will as well feel save than exposing their credit card details and other information on transactions. I would like to see this idea take place in future ahead because it will really save alot of online hijack of credit card or security breach.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
lazygin006

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:24:04 PM

I dont think so and probably not at this stage anyway. Paypal has established itself as one of the safest way for money transactions and Bitcoin is currently nowhere near that. However, I do think with an improved crypto system this will be overturned and even replace what we are using.
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:28:21 PM

In the spirit of mass adoptions we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

I don't see that happening rather I see.it empowering PayPal and strengthening PayPal's platform to be to.functioj effectively without a third part interference.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
earnadoge

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:28:33 PM

They are likely to exist side by side, as they are not exactly the same thing.  Crypto currency is more like a resource, and paypal is just cash gateway. In fact buying bitcoin with paypal is not too bad, but from trusted sources.  Resource will never become money because money has no value, its mandated by government through economy.  

jonathan6655321

Activity: 286
Merit: 23

GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing and PR company

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 10:34:32 PM

In the spirit of mass adoptions we are likely going to see the death of PayPal and other payment gateways. Do you foresee the death of PayPal soon by Bitcoin? At some point, people would want to feel safe in not tying their credit cards to any online payment gateway. Your thoughts?

It had plenty of time to bring to the fall of PayPal but it didn't happen. Exactly like the credit cards, didn't stopped people from using cash. Balance is the key bitcoin can be popular and PayPal as well, without one defeating another.

GuerrillaBuzz: Blockchain, Crypto & Web3 PR Agency

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
https://guerrillabuzz.com/
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:06:15 PM

I think that paypal will not die by bitcoin, until today paypal is still used for transactions by some people, even some projects create a crypto paypal.

paypal is a new transaction innovation, but bitcoin is more popularity than paypal. I think both will be used by the public.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 11:10:58 PM

paypal has done her beat in the era of diitized money and also bridging the gap between regular or conventional transactions and digital money but with the emergence of the latest technology, i think its high time the paypal take a bow for the cryptocurrecny world to take over

zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:28:04 PM

I think, both are popular, but paypal doesn't have a more perfect function than bitcoin. and I think that paypal will not die by bitcoin, both will have benefits for transaction in the future.
Nanbaka

Activity: 117
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:36:17 PM

it will be difficult since paypal is already an established mode of payment recognized even by governments and banks. but bitcoin can perform together with paypal that is if they can compete equally in terms of users and trusts of people using it
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:13:46 AM

PayPal already have large number of customer and received in many merchant. Bitcoin make competition with Paypal but i dont think it will kill another payment like paypal.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:19:13 AM

not sure, because theres a lot of advantage in paypal like security protoco, KYC and legalization to use worldwide, unlike in bitcoin, although bitcoin is more secure in terms of security and more faster to transfer money than paypal but bitcoin is not totally legal (adopted) yet in most of the country worldwide, meaning the lifespan of paypal if more than you expected.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 04:39:42 AM

Both bitcoin and Paypal have their own advantage for people. That is bitcoin have and paypal don't, and opposite for it, Paypal  have what bitcoin can't do. For example, reversible transaction. So i think it is better if both of it stay like that and nothing want to more than other.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: