Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RETURN] Announcing CoinReturn Financial IPO!  (Read 31983 times)
coinreturn (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:08:37 AM

We suspended the IPO for a few reasons: we wanted to give investors a chance to sell their shares if they so choose, to see what the equilibrium price would be, and to give us a little weekend break from work outside managing the portfolio---will still be trading but two of us have prior commitments this weekend and we don't want to leave a bunch of btc in our CS account incase a couple hundred shares are sold.

LOL you guys are awesome

Funny, funny shit

Which part is so funny? Based on your previous post we're guessing your "awesome" isn't quite sincere.... We're just trying to be honest, if the share price attains a higher equilibrium we'd like to know, that may be greedy but that's how markets and business works. We don't want to leave the IPO active if it doesn't have our full attention since that's not fair to shareholders and we said we'd always try to avoid keeping btc stored online whenever possible. And if any shareholders are having second thoughts/aren't happy with the dividend rate/need liquidity we'd like to give them a chance to sell their shares if they so choose.
We don't have a problem if you don't trust us yet or don't like us but we prefer criticism to be constructive so we can do things as best as we can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:11:21 AM

lol

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:12:11 AM

laffrafflery?  i dunno if that is a word yet

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:35:18 PM

shareprice up to da moon  Grin

sorry, dont understand your operation right now.
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:57:20 AM

This is just an announcement about the plan, not an actual activation or implementation notice!

Due to the recent announcements regarding vircurex shutting down and suspending withdrawals (which also owns this site) we thought it'd be best to develop a crisis-management plan should the situation ever warrant it. We are going to release a poll to see how many people don't have access to the e-mail associated with CS, if this includes you we strongly suggest you message us on bitcointalk.org and let us know what e-mail address you have associated with CS so we can verify your ownership of shares and how we should contact you (i.e. a different e-mail). We will be backing up our shareholders list regularly for the foreseeable future. Some shareholders show up as "anonymous", meaning you don't have your CS settings set to show e-mail to owners we strongly advise you change this ASAP.
          If CS ever stops operations or a similar end-crisis occurs our crisis dispursement plan will go in effect. The crisis disbursement plan, or CDP, is this: to move all associated funds into a single wallet and then immediatly payout the sum evenly. So, for example, if there are 2,500 shares out there and we have 12.5btc in funds we will pay out .005 btc for each share (so a user with 2 shares would get .01btc, a user with 25 would get .125btc, etc). We will try to contact everyone and ask for what wallet address they want payment sent to and to let everyone know what the single address is so everyone can see payouts on the blockchain.
We may make some changes to this plan but this is the basic premise of what it would look like, we'll keep you posted.

As always if you have any questions, comments, feedback, suggestions, they are all welcome.

Hopefully this plan is never put into motion but we owe it to you to be prepared.

sideshowmanny

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:38:45 AM

Hi, do you plan to resume selling shares again soon?
You'd said you would be selling again on the 26th (yesterday) but so far you haven't. Did you decide to delay/cancel in light of your latest announcement?
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:56:14 AM

Hi, do you plan to resume selling shares again soon?
You'd said you would be selling again on the 26th (yesterday) but so far you haven't. Did you decide to delay/cancel in light of your latest announcement?
They are selling them at 0.006
Not sure what advantage they get from selling higher though.
sideshowmanny

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:44:43 PM

I wasn't sure if that was them selling them at 0.006 or if it was normal shareholders trying to sell for a profit. They'd said:

"we'll offer 500 shares at .0055btc, thus those wishing to sell right away
 can still undercut our price and those that want to buy in can get a
fair price. When we do re-enable the IPO, it will likely be at this
price
."

So I didn't want to spend 0.006 a share if they were just about to drop back down to 0.0055 again...
lynn_402

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:27:41 PM

I wasn't sure if that was them selling them at 0.006 or if it was normal shareholders trying to sell for a profit. They'd said:

price
."

So I didn't want to spend 0.006 a share if they were just about to drop back down to 0.0055 again...

''it will likely be at this price'' Wink
I did see their name for the sales at 0.006, under Transactions by Owner.
sideshowmanny

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:50:02 PM

Aha, thanks Lynn  Smiley
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 04:09:53 PM

price
."

Keen eyes you guys have Wink
What we've been doing is selling shares in chunks at .006 so we're usually undercutting everyone else but still allowing it to be sold higher by you guys. We're hoping we can fit in to a new equilibrium that makes everyone happy but at the same time isn't too high to sell our shares at; this way those who joined us early can seal in some profits and we can get a better valuation but still be able to sell shares at a good price overall.
We'll be putting some more shares in at .006 but we'll wait for some at the .006-.007 range to clear

sideshowmanny

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:31:00 PM

Thanks, I've got my buy order in now for 0.006  Wink
lynn_402

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:51:33 AM

price
."

Keen eyes you guys have Wink
What we've been doing is selling shares in chunks at .006 so we're usually undercutting everyone else but still allowing it to be sold higher by you guys. We're hoping we can fit in to a new equilibrium that makes everyone happy but at the same time isn't too high to sell our shares at; this way those who joined us early can seal in some profits and we can get a better valuation but still be able to sell shares at a good price overall.
We'll be putting some more shares in at .006 but we'll wait for some at the .006-.007 range to clear

Your strategy is working marvellously well, the trade volume has grown considerably since you stopped selling shares at IPO price.
Congratulations Wink
(Plus, giving us these good day-trading opportunities is quite appreciated Cheesy )
billysweird

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:24:11 PM

Updates:

~(3/25)~ Dividends have just been paid out for 3/23 and 3/25 as two separate payments. Sale of shares will resume 3/26, however the IPO will be inactive (meaning others can still sell shares) for the time being, but we may re-enable it after giving an advance notice on our CS project page (and likely here on btctalk).
~(3/20)~ We've had people asking about us offering shares while the IPO is suspended; wanting to buy shares but at a reasonable price. To remedy this, and since we didn't give adequate advance notice about the IPO pause, we'll offer 500 shares at .0055btc, thus those wishing to sell right away can still undercut our price and those that want to buy in can get a fair price. When we do re-enable the IPO, it will likely be at this price. We're sorry for any confusion or disruption this has caused. Please let us know if you have any concerns by messaging us on bitcointalk or at jeff@coinreturn.me
~(3/19)~ Dividend payment shortly. Looks like Litecoin's party is over for now, treated us good though.
~(3/19)~ We're having some problems with our email client, if you need to contact us please either message us on bitcointalk or email jeff@coinreturn.me (which is actually through a different client). We'd also like to announce we are suspending the IPO for now to give users a chance to sell shares if they choose; the IPO will be inactive for at least one week.
~(3/13)~ 4th dividend has been paid. The dividend is just over .0004btc per share, which is just over an 8% return. So far we have managed a 20% return this week for our investors! We hope you are as excited about our first week performance as we are.
~(3/11)~ 3rd Dividend payout soon. We are also seeking to expand to the Chinese bitcoin community and are looking for a translator. If interested checkout our thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511587
~(3/7)~ Shares have been issued and the IPO is active! Thanks to everyone who has bought shares and those who haven't, but still checked us out. The first dividend will be issued in a few hours so get your shares soon.
~(3/6)~ After internal discussion we've decided dividends will be paid every other day for the first month and to give shareholders 95% of the profits for the first month!
~(3/6)~ IPO launches in a few hours! get ready to get your shares!
~(3/4)~ Barring any major issues, the IPO will open and issue shares on March 7th.
This whitepaper and Coinreturn.me are still going to have more info added so check back for updates.
~(3/1)~ We welcome any questions, comments, and suggestions. Don't hesitate to contact Tom with your concerns: Tom@coinreturn.me

-------------orginal post:---------------

Hello all,

My name is Tom and I'd like to announce a new listing on Cryptostocks.com that will be issuing shares in a few hours. The project is known as CoinReturn Financial (coinreturn.me) Me and two other friends have basically been operating our own version of the project for almost two years and a couple months ago we decided to expand to the general public. We know that there is alot of mistrust of projects on Cryptostocks (and it is certainly warranted) but we hope we can address any concerns here (and, we hope, soon on our website which will have a public comments area) and we hope that our dividends will speak for us once we get off the ground. Our hope and a guiding principle is that shareholders shouldn't have to recieve 900 dividend payments to earn back their principle investment. With our strategies we hope to not only get investors their orginal investment back relatively fast, but to offer investors a steady stream of interest/ROI from proven trading techniques. We aren't offering 1000% returns overnight, but rather a realistic return that anyone familiar with EMAs and MACD indicator based trading can easily imagine what the returns would look like.

If your interested then checkout: https://cryptostocks.com/securities/101

About us:
CoinReturn Financial can trace its roots back to the end of 2012 when three friends with experience trading in bitcoin decided to pool their resources to create a shared portfolio. Utilizing each our strengths as a programmer, an economics grad student, and a small-business owner we we’re able to develop and test investment and trading strategies to begin to gain a consistent return on our portfolio, regardless of how the Bitcoin market is performing. There have been some hiccups, pain, and nervous moments along the way but by September of 2013 we came to a strategy that has proven itself a winner.

Goal:
CoinReturn's portfolio is and will be a mixed investment fund designed to generate reliable, predictable returns. This portfolio will likely not double in size overnight or generate 5000% weekly ROI, the investment strategies within the portfolio are designed to avoid high-risk and instead generate a steady stream return. We consider turning 1 btc into 1.25 btc in a a week to be a success (of course, actual returns could be, and have been, more or less than this rate). Bottom line: if you are seeking short-term, high-risk, high-reward then this fund is not for you. If you are seeking medium or long term consistent earnings then keep reading.

Portfolio information:
The portfolio is designed to be 75% in traditional cryptocurrency markets, this means 75% will comprise of BTC/LTC or fiat at any given time. The remaining 25% will be used for more standard investments such as near-the-money stock options, traditional stock securities, and short to medium term secured business loans.

Strategy:
The trading strategies we use aren't any secret, but rather methods commonly employed by traders within any exchange (crypto, forex, stock exchanges). If you're a regular bitcoin trader you are probabley familiar with these indicators. We will apply this to both manual and automated trading platforms ("tradebots"). Both use an EMA as the basis for the buy/sell orders with guidance from an MACD and StochRSI; we typically use a 10/24 EMA at 30-minutes or 1 hour polling, this helps to maintain a macro view of where the market is going and consistently be on the right side of any daily volatility. This strategy does NOT use any sort of "pump-and-dumps" (i.e. manipulation) or rely on "hot tips" (i.e. rumors). And while we do capitalize on volatility, we trade with the aim of likely holding our position for at least an hour and sometimes a few days (depending on conditions).

Shares:
We are going to have an initial IPO of 10,000 shares at .005 btc per share. After this we will allow trading of shares and then remove share offerings. We may have a second and third round of issues from whatever the remaining shares are left from the orginal 10,000--- we aren't sure at this time but we will update once we reach a decision.

Dividends:
We intend to pay out dividends every thursday and monday for the first month, every other day for the first month. Then we will put to a shareholder vote the payout schedule from there.
Also for the first month, 95% of the profits will go to the shareholders in the form of dividends. After the third dividend in April is distrbuted we will then give 65% of the profits will go to share holders and the remaining 35% will go to the administrators. Any tx fees or taxes on earnings will be payed from our 35% share of the profits.
We cannot predict what returns will be, some weeks will be good and we'll be able to dole out a nice dividend but, inevitably, there will be times where we are flat or have taken a loss. In the event of a loss or zero gain at the time dividends are due we will pay out a "sorry we suck" dividend of .01 btc to be split among shareholders. We have set aside 1 btc of our own personal funds for this and the purpose is: 1, basically to let shareholders know we didn't forget to payout dividends. 2, to give shareholders something, since we feel we owe it to you. 3, We want to have a consistant payout system/record; avoid "rolling over" and shifting dividend payout dates.

FAQs:
 ~ Why not use "pump and dumps" on alt currencies (FRK, UTC, UNO, QRK, etc)? This strategy relies on manipulation and opens up the potential for massive losses, whether your 'leading' one or 'joining in' on one.

~ What exchanges will be used? BTC-E and BitStamp. These offer fairly low trading fee's and have an established history. We're open to other exchanges but we'd like to be sure of where we are putting our money (this is why we abandoned Gox after the Wells Fargo fiasco/seizure)

~ Will the funds be traded manually or by "bots"?
Both. The "bots" are based off aido/ATPs design but are largely our own design. Both manual trading and bots will use essentially the same strategy but we use both as a means to insure we don't rely solely on one or the other (and as a means of friendly competition between two of our three founders)

~ What if I don't want to invest but would like to learn more about your strategies/understanding the indicators?
We are always happy to help people learn the basics, even if you don't want to invest. Feel free to send a message to Tom and one of us will respond (Tom@coinreturn.me)

~ Who are you guys?
We are Tom Mica, Jeff Lombard, and Tony Dewitt. We are three friends in our late 20's who discovered bitcoin in 2011 and have been hooked since. We've seen regulators shut down other projects here on CS when people disclosed their info so we'd like to say where we're from but are a bit nervous. We are not saying we live in the U.S. but we have all visited Tacoma, Washington and found it to be lovely. Legally this portfolio is located in, and managed from the nation of Cyprus.

Have a question you want to see here? Message Tom at the above address.
Have an idea for what should be here or on our website? Please contact us with your suggestion and be sure to include a btc wallet address because if we implement it we will try to give you a tip for your idea!

Coming soon:
- Screenshots of mechanics of EMA/MACD trading/crosses
- Implementation of a delayed stream of trade history
 - A public comments form or forum on our website
 - Polls on here and our website

IMPORTANT:
Trading and/or purchase of securities "shares" of this financial instrument, CoinReturn (RETURN), involves substantial risks, including complete possible loss of principal plus other losses and is not suitable for all members of the public. You should make an independent judgment as to whether trading is appropriate for you in light of your financial condition, investment experience, risk tolerance, and other relevant factors. We will take reasonable measures to ensure accuracy of the content on this web site, however, we do not guarantee its accuracy, and will not accept liability for any damage, losses or lost profits which may arise directly or indirectly from the content or your inability to access this web site. By purchasing shares of Coinreturn (RETURN) you agree to assume liability for any potential losses and understand this investment bears risk of loss of value. Purchase of this security is not legal in all areas, by purchasing you acknowledge that you are within a jurisdiction that legally permits purchase of such a fund. The content on this web site is subject to change at any time without notice.

Last updated: 3/4/14 02:45

the op is so long

i think you should shorter it
lynn_402

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:52:02 PM

the op is so long

It's important to read as much as possible about something before investing. Or else you'll only get scammed Wink
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:11:49 PM

the op is so long

It's important to read as much as possible about something before investing. Or else you'll only get scammed Wink

We appreciate the feedback but we're going to keep it as is, we want potential investors to have as much information as possible.

On an unrelated note 3/29's dividend has just been paid out and is a good example for showing where our dividends come from (and how we could have done alot better the past two days). If you take a look at the following image you can get an idea of how things work:

You can see the vertical line markings for sell points at about 575 and buy at 510, so if we would have taken say 8btc, sold at $575 for a sum of $4600 then bought back in at 510, that's an easy 1.01 bitcoin (- fees). We did more or less do this but we had money in litecoin and could have done better timing (though some is still in fiat waiting to "buy in"). So 3/29's dividend was 0.58btc or so, certainly not bad but we could have done better.

We wanted to highlight this to show an example of how our dividend income works since alot of people find it to be "unrealistically high". Of course our dividends will not always be great, if the market is flat or if we have poor timing then the dividends will seem a bit more "realistic" let's say. But we hope this shows that it's really not that unfathomable to have the kind of returns we've been having.

-tom

msc_de

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:18:11 PM

return is nice  Grin
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:41:15 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 03:09:30 AM by coinreturn

This is a pre-first month update---just letting everyone know we're about to come to the close of our first month since our IPO.

- Given the increasing frequency of successful break-ins of accounts on bitcoin related sites (online wallets, cryptostocks, etc) we'd like to assure everyone we use, and would like to encourage everyone else to use, secure, unique passwords that aren't stored on any of our computers. Nor do we use any third party trading programs or similar suspect programs (i.e. prone to keylogging). Never say never, but we like to think that no one unauthorized is getting into our cryptostocks or trading accounts anytime soon:

https://howsecureismypassword.net/ and http://passwordmeter.com are good simple sites to check the security of your passwords. If you do prefer to store your passwords on your computer then PGP is your friend (just don't store your privkey password too!)

Anyone else ever wonder what it'd be like if the bitcoin network were used for password-cracking?

- Secondly, we'd like to remind everyone that the period of 95% profits to investors is ending soon (can't believe it's almost been a month since we launched!) 4/5 will be the last dividend at 95%. Then we move to a 65% profit to investors model. Our dividends seem to be well received by you guys and so far we've managed to payout a 60% return to our first shareholders so we hope many of you will stick with us. We'd also like to move to a twice weekly (i.e. every monday & thurs) payout for dividends but if our shareholders have strong objection to this we're open to comment.
If anyone else has any other suggestions or ideas to make CoinReturn better we're always happy to accept the input and implement what we can.

Good luck investing,
Jeff, Tom, and Tony
CoinReturn Financial

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:47:04 PM

Update:
We've had some requests for more shares to be made available and have been surprised by how large the buy side of the orderbook is growing. We are aware our shareholders are likely pleased by this, however we don't want our share price to go too high too fast* but at the same time we must look out for the long term health of the portfolio. We said we are going to only sell 200 shares every other day for the near-term and we are sticking to that, but what we are doing is developing an algorithm to determine how many shares to sell. What does this mean exactly? Here's a (very rough) example of how it could work: say the orderbook has 2000 bids for shares and 500 asks, 400 which way above the last trade price and only 1000 bids are at or above .006, we would then take realistic bids*1/2 minus realistic asks and find how many shares to sell. So, 1000(.5) - 100 = 400 shares put up. So in a situation with lower demand: say 200 bids above .006 and 80 asks within X% of the last trade price would look like: 200(.5) - 80 = 20 shares would be put up for sale then.
Obviously this is a very crude example and what we come up with will be a bit different but it gives you an idea of what we have in mind; something to keep the price stable but growing.
Last few things to note about this: we will likely still only sell every other day, we will let users know when we have a possible formula/algorithm and will post it so shareholders can make suggestions/comments, when we do have a final version we will make it public so users can verify we are using it, and there's still a good chance that we aren't going to just keep selling shares/will still taper off sales for the same reason: to keep the price stable but growing.

*For anyone wondering why we don't want the share price to fly up fast: this can be bad if we decide to issue more shares in the future (like 2000 at once, not our regular day to day) since we could tank the price, if a user or users with alot of shares decides to sell they could tank the price and make people think the price is "crashing" which scares off bids and attracts asks, if a someone spends 1 btc on 20 shares they will find the dividend much less attractive and unfair than someone who bought 133 shares for 1 btc.

tl;dr
We're going to move from offering 100 shares/day to offering shares based on how much demand is out there.

Let us know how this all sounds to you; as always we welcome your questions/comments/feedback and appreciate your involvement.

-Tom and Jeff

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:19:42 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 03:32:53 PM by johny08

Update:

tl;dr
We're going to move from offering 100 shares/day to offering shares based on how much demand is out there.

Very confusing everything  Sad Cant you make the IPO like all the others? So you are in IPO but you dont sell shares directly for a certain price. Are you going to sell your shares, lets say for 0.006 in the future or continue on the basis of the higher the bid the more likely you can buy the share. The ask side is about 30 % higher than the bid side, the spread is enormous, even for cryptostocks.

I would really like to understand, what you are doing guys.

Was trying to buy shares the two last time, but I did not succeed. I still dont understand your system. Does anyone understand the algorythm? For me its like a lottery: make a high bid but not to high... and there are bids with up to 100 shares coming and disappearing.  Huh Its like someone buying 100 shares up from the bid side and then selling it like 30 % higher, but how to get the shares? The time of releasing the shares is quiete random or? The amount is random, (like algorythm). So is it more a lotteryscam, by selling them for higher price?

Question to CoinReturn: Is someone of you buying the IPO shares for lets say 0.007 and selling them during the day for 0.009 as you know when they will be released?

And besides that, when the IPO price is 0.006 its a pretty scammy system to sell the IPO shares around 15 % higher as the IPO price  Roll Eyes  Cool Cool

today there were alot of bids like (50 pieces) until 0.00770 and then:

0.00771 200
0.00770 100
0.00699 50

I was in the 0.0770 bid inside. There were just 10 shares sold from 0.0770. So around 250 shares were sold in total. Why was the demand of 150 shares under 0.0770 to less for the algorythm? There were stil alot sharebids below 0.0699. .... Huh

Can someone explain, please.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: