Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RETURN] Announcing CoinReturn Financial IPO!  (Read 32004 times)
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:35:46 PM

can you explain on that example your algorythm please. How many shares will be sold and for which price. Whats about the bids from 0.007501 down to 0.0060 what cant be seen?

Buy orders (BTC)
Price   Quantity   Amount
0.008001   1   0.008001
0.008000   1   0.008000
0.007800   7   0.054600
0.007700   286   2.202200
0.007621   41   0.312461
0.007620   5   0.038100
0.007531   8   0.060248
0.007510   2   0.015020
0.007505   4   0.030020
0.007501   10   0.075010
dotkite

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

As an early investor and a continuous investor, I've been buying shares since the IPO price of 0.005btc/share up to 0.008btc/share. I feel like this is a clear and definite indication of the success of the operations. As I am aware that CoinReturn's operations require more and more investments to have greater and greater performance , which is the primary reason for the continuous sale of remaining shares every two days to reduce the share market instability and steady growth of CoinReturn's value. I feel the steady and consistent release of 200 shares every other day is fine and does not require a complicated algorithm of distribution.

Therefore due to the growth of CoinReturn and its success, unrealistic prices as low as 0.006btc/share - 0.007btc/share would discourage existing investors of it's market potential and future. As a consistent investor like myself, I enjoy constant rise in share prices even if it means having to pay more myself, however ludicrous prices that were to damage the stock value are discouraged as well.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:07:12 PM

As an early investor and a continuous investor, I've been buying shares since the IPO price of 0.005btc/share up to 0.008btc/share. I feel like this is a clear and definite indication of the success of the operations. As I am aware that CoinReturn's operations require more and more investments to have greater and greater performance , which is the primary reason for the continuous sale of remaining shares every two days to reduce the share market instability and steady growth of CoinReturn's value. I feel the steady and consistent release of 200 shares every other day is fine and does not require a complicated algorithm of distribution.

Therefore due to the growth of CoinReturn and its success, unrealistic prices as low as 0.006btc/share - 0.007btc/share would discourage existing investors of it's market potential and future. As a consistent investor like myself, I enjoy constant rise in share prices even if it means having to pay more myself, however ludicrous prices that were to damage the stock value are discouraged as well.

I, for one, don't feel safe buying over 0.006 while still in the IPO phase. Steady growth in the share price is great, but not when the issuer sells systematically hundreds of shares every two-days at market price; as soon as the high buy walls will have got their shares, if they are not renewed, the price will inevitably go back to 0.006. That uncertainty is a shame really, as I trust this operation and its long-term success, and would like to be able to buy more shares at the original price (well, the second price, since they were 0.005 initially).
dotkite

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:13:37 PM

I, for one, don't feel safe buying over 0.006 while still in the IPO phase. Steady growth in the share price is great, but not when the issuer sells systematically hundreds of shares every two-days at market price; as soon as the high buy walls will have got their shares, if they are not renewed, the price will inevitably go back to 0.006. That uncertainty is a shame really, as I trust this operation and its long-term success, and would like to be able to buy more shares at the original price (well, the second price, since they were 0.005 initially).

I do agree that there is always the uncertainty of whether or not the buy walls will maintain themselves. then again, there is always an uncertainty in be it trading cryptos or trading crypto-Stocks. If the current market price is say 0.0075btc/share then wouldn't it be beneficial to the whole operation to sell shares to fill that order to gain more capital for further investments. That way, performance is also steadily improving in terms of dividends being higher and higher per share, which also in-turn increase the value of the individual shares.

That aside, I see that the popularity of this operation is becoming more and more noticed by other investors. This trade history kind of shocked me:

April 19, 2014 09:50   Sell   0.009500   14   0.133000   BTC
April 19, 2014 09:39   Buy   0.010000   1   0.010000   BTC
April 19, 2014 09:32   Buy   0.100000   5   0.500000   BTC
April 19, 2014 09:32   Buy   0.010000   83   0.830000   BTC

I guess someone REALLY wanted some RETURN shares.
lynn_402

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:00:20 PM

That aside, I see that the popularity of this operation is becoming more and more noticed by other investors. This trade history kind of shocked me:

Wow! Lesson to be learnt from that: always have some ridiculously overpriced sell-orders, just in case Wink

If the current market price is say 0.0075btc/share then wouldn't it be beneficial to the whole operation to sell shares to fill that order to gain more capital for further investments. That way, performance is also steadily improving in terms of dividends being higher and higher per share, which also in-turn increase the value of the individual shares.
Buying more shares at a lower price would have the same bottom-line effect, wouldn't it?
coinreturn (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 08:25:16 PM

I do agree that there is always the uncertainty of whether or not the buy walls will maintain themselves. then again, there is always an uncertainty in be it trading cryptos or trading crypto-Stocks. If the current market price is say 0.0075btc/share then wouldn't it be beneficial to the whole operation to sell shares to fill that order to gain more capital for further investments. That way, performance is also steadily improving in terms of dividends being higher and higher per share, which also in-turn increase the value of the individual shares.

We'll comment more after the holiday weekend but we're growing a bit concerned as well. There are only 250 bids at >.006btc and we just saw that .10btc buy order which is truly absurd---we have a hard time believing that this is purely legitimate demand and not someone trying to manipulate the price for their own gain. (for anyone interested in looking at the orderbook: https://cryptostocks.com/api/get_orderbook.xml?ticker=return )
 We haven't even put in the formula/alorgithm yet, we've still been doing 200 every other day.... which we thought seemed like on the high end of qty of shares to be offering. Normally that pushes the price back down to close to .006 or should at least keep it from going like this. Yes the demand is certainly going up but these numbers just don't add up. If two people with 150 shares decide to sell at market then the price is going to come crashing down fast since there isn't really any support for these prices (hence why we suspect manipulation)
We'd like to avoid re-enabling the IPO since it basically "traps" shareholders and doesn't let the market set the price and give shareholders a chance to profit if they don't want to or can't wait for dividends. Given the circumstances we might have to do that or either offer a large chunk of shares to fend off the manipulation. We might try one then the other but we're going to be doing it shortly so please don't be alarmed if the IPO goes back on or if a large number of shares goes on the book at .006btc. This post is going to serve as advanced notice that we may offer more shares or temporarily re-enable IPO soon, we'd prefer to give better notice but we need to act quickly. Hopefully just our announcing our intention is enough to put the price back to reality.

We're glad to see so much interest right away from shareholders and that there is more concern for the long-term health than being happy to make a quick buck. Sorry we can't offer post-by-post replies and if this post is a bit all over the place but we're figuring out what action to take and (hopefully) still enjoy the holiday weekend.

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

We we're hoping the last post would be enough to create some downward pressure without us actually having to sell any shares but it hasn't moved much. So what were going to do is put some sells in at .006 and still try to not to exceed our 600-800 range for the week nor suppress real demand/the share price. Hopefully some more sell orders show up around .0100 to keep a cap on the spikes. Obviously if we go too far in the wrong direction we'll pull back on the 200 shares at .006 and offer less, the hope here is to keep it growing from .006.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to offer feedback/input as to the best course of action.

dotkite

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:49:23 PM

We we're hoping the last post would be enough to create some downward pressure without us actually having to sell any shares but it hasn't moved much. So what were going to do is put some sells in at .006 and still try to not to exceed our 600-800 range for the week nor suppress real demand/the share price. Hopefully some more sell orders show up around .0100 to keep a cap on the spikes. Obviously if we go too far in the wrong direction we'll pull back on the 200 shares at .006 and offer less, the hope here is to keep it growing from .006.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to offer feedback/input as to the best course of action.

That's not a bad idea either, maybe offer a significant amount at 0.006btc just like what you've done with 500 shares at 0.0055btc.
johny08
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:52:18 AM

We'll comment more after the holiday weekend but we're growing a bit concerned as well. There are only 250 bids at >.006btc and we just saw that .10btc buy order which is truly absurd---we have a hard time believing that this is purely legitimate demand and not someone trying to manipulate the price for their own gain. (for anyone interested in looking at the orderbook: https://cryptostocks.com/api/get_orderbook.xml?ticker=return )
 We haven't even put in the formula/alorgithm yet, we've still been doing 200 every other day.... which we thought seemed like on the high end of qty of shares to be offering. Normally that pushes the price back down to close to .006 or should at least keep it from going like this. Yes the demand is certainly going up but these numbers just don't add up. If two people with 150 shares decide to sell at market then the price is going to come crashing down fast since there isn't really any support for these prices (hence why we suspect manipulation)
We'd like to avoid re-enabling the IPO since it basically "traps" shareholders and doesn't let the market set the price and give shareholders a chance to profit if they don't want to or can't wait for dividends. Given the circumstances we might have to do that or either offer a large chunk of shares to fend off the manipulation. We might try one then the other but we're going to be doing it shortly so please don't be alarmed if the IPO goes back on or if a large number of shares goes on the book at .006btc. This post is going to serve as advanced notice that we may offer more shares or temporarily re-enable IPO soon, we'd prefer to give better notice but we need to act quickly. Hopefully just our announcing our intention is enough to put the price back to reality.

We're glad to see so much interest right away from shareholders and that there is more concern for the long-term health than being happy to make a quick buck. Sorry we can't offer post-by-post replies and if this post is a bit all over the place but we're figuring out what action to take and (hopefully) still enjoy the holiday weekend.

Now its getting even more confusing.

So what is your market-price ipo-share price? What price do I have to pay, not to lose money, by price falling under ipo-price?

is it 0.007?

Huh??  Huh Huh Huh
or is it 0.008

Today it was 0.008
yesterday 0.0077
and tomorrow ??

Guys, I just dont want lose money. And this looks like the perfect way of losing alot. Today i will buy ipo share for 0.008 and tomorrow its 0.007

What about all this guys buying market-price ipo-shares for 0.008 or 0.007, when you saying you are going to restablish the real 0.006 ipo-price next week? From 0.008 to 0.006 thats 30 % LOSS

Best Luck in finding people, who cant count  Shocked Roll Eyes  there are alot of them  Undecided

johny08
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:16:13 AM

Other projects are offering their shares by demand in blocks

0.0025   5000
0.00275  5000
0.00300  5000
0.003125 5000

or
0.0005 500000
0.0006 100000
0.0007 100000
0.0008 100000
0.0009 100000
0.001  100000

-so they increased their shareprice
-giving to the investor an idea of ipo share price (like median is between 0.00275 and 0.003125)

Your system might work too. Just make clear, what your way is and stick to it. Sorry to offend you by highlightnend and bold letters. I am sure your intentions are good.

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:49:38 PM

Now its getting even more confusing.

So what is your market-price ipo-share price? What price do I have to pay, not to lose money, by price falling under ipo-price?

is it 0.007?

Huh??  Huh Huh Huh
or is it 0.008

Today it was 0.008
yesterday 0.0077
and tomorrow ??

Guys, I just dont want lose money. And this looks like the perfect way of losing alot. Today i will buy ipo share for 0.008 and tomorrow its 0.007

What about all this guys buying market-price ipo-shares for 0.008 or 0.007, when you saying you are going to restablish the real 0.006 ipo-price next week? From 0.008 to 0.006 thats 30 % LOSS

Best Luck in finding people, who cant count  Shocked Roll Eyes  there are alot of them  Undecided

When we sell shares we put them in at .006 regardless of what bids are above it, so some might go for .0085 and others go for .0075. The price, like anything else, will have some fluctuations but if you buy at .008 it shouldn't be too hard to collect dividends and sell for close to the same price. The only person losing money should be the person that bought at .10btc/share. We haven't had the IPO open for quite some time and if you got IPO shares then it couldn't have been more than .006.
I'm not sure what you mean by "what is your market-price ipo-price" a market price is whatever the shares are currently going for, the IPO price is what we sold shares for at the start---.005btc---the IPO is over and we don't have plans to re-enable the IPO unless we really have to.

-tom

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 07:55:23 PM

What price do I have to pay, not to lose money, by price falling under ipo-price?

The IPO price is .006, however, they've only been releasing 200 shares at a time and only once every second day.  If during that two day period someone places a bid for all 200 shares at .0075 then, even though they are willing to sell them as low as .006, they end up selling for not less than .0075.

I suspect most people have picked up on this pattern.  On the morning more shares are to be sold, there seems to be a bidding frenzy which drives up the price.  It's the Cartmanland Effect.   Wink  Once the shares are sold though, a large amount of the bids disappear.  If I were one of those people trying to acquire some of the 200 shares and was not successful and I knew that there would be no new shares for two days, I would withdraw my coins since I don't really trust Crypto::Stocks to hang on to them for me.

We sold shares before dividend payout today and are looking at different ways to spread out our share offerings...didn't think enough people were paying attention to us selling shares after each dividend but your right, enough people did start to take notice.
The share price has leveled off for now and were guessing itll start to steadily grow, if it stagnates or starts dipping we'll offer less or no shares. Hopefully when we start using the formula things should work out to allow steady growth.

johny08
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:49:55 AM

Ok. thanks for you comment. i will wait for a longer track of record. waiting aint wrong after 100 % share rise in one month. are you going to release more shares after the 10000?

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:40:34 PM

Ok. thanks for you comment. i will wait for a longer track of record. waiting aint wrong after 100 % share rise in one month. are you going to release more shares after the 10000?

Probably. Our intent and hope with shares is to sell in a piecemeal approach; we hope to not ever issue 1000+ shares at a time or re-enable IPO (though we're not taking this off the table if a situation ever arises where it makes sense to do so). We plan on selling whatever demand warrants---if there are few asks within ~50% of the last price but alot of bids within ~50% of last price we'll sell more; if the situation is reversed then we'll sell little or none.
Which takes us to our next post....

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:44:32 PM

a few updates:
- It looks like there is alot of natural demand picking up which is good of course. However we're still concerned there is a bit of manipulation going on, we noticed an interesting series of transactions:
April 23, 2014 18:16   Buy   0.014900   2   0.029800   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.012000   10   0.120000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   5   0.050000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   10   0.100000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   12   0.120000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   15   0.150000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:14   Buy   0.009999   10   0.099990   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:14   Buy   0.009900   3   0.029700   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Buy   0.009850   12   0.118200   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Buy   0.009849   2   0.019698   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008600   169   1.453400   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008602   24   0.206448   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008603   5   0.043015   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008604   2   0.017208   BTC
It's possible different buyers/sellers did these transactions minutes apart but trades on CS are usually spaced out a bit. Assuming it is one person then it appears someone cashed out ~1.75btc then bought in about .8btc in hopes of "pumping" the price. If so they stopped short (or created themselves:) of the next ask order which was something like 0.03 btc; likely in hopes someone would get in on the "frenzy". This is something you commonly see in lower volume coins on Cryptsy, Polonex, Coinmarket, etc
We're not really going to do much to address this since the market seems to be correcting it and our current share offerings should help to stabilize and offset such tactics.

- This takes us to our next update. We are going to sell shares at different times of the day instead of right after dividends are paid. We still don't have a formula that works in all the situations we can think of so in the mean time we are going to try to keep the amount of shares sold to 700 a week, much less if demand is low- slightly more if demand is really high. We will likely put these in as batches throughout the week and will always do 0.006 ask price, meaning its pretty much always going to be a market order---the shares go for whatever bids are in.

- Lastly, we've put a small amount of funds in secondary markets (cryptsy, mintpal, etc) for higher-risk higher-reward trading. This amount will never be more than 5% of the portfolio without shareholder approval. We're not big into alt-coins given the risk but lately we've noticed some good opportunities to make high-returns on small amounts (BC, ZET, KARM, LYC to name a few that have had rise/falls easy to jump in and jump out of). With how flat the BTC and LTC markets have been at times we think putting a small amount to this use acceptable. Currently we've put less than .5 btc toward this use.

As always feel free to share any thoughts/concerns/ideas with us in a reply or PM.

-Tom and Jeff

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:28:13 AM

April 23, 2014 18:16   Buy   0.014900   2   0.029800   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.012000   10   0.120000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   5   0.050000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   10   0.100000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   12   0.120000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:15   Buy   0.010000   15   0.150000   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:14   Buy   0.009999   10   0.099990   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:14   Buy   0.009900   3   0.029700   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Buy   0.009850   12   0.118200   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Buy   0.009849   2   0.019698   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008600   169   1.453400   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008602   24   0.206448   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008603   5   0.043015   BTC
April 23, 2014 18:13   Sell   0.008604   2   0.017208   BTC

I don't normally do this but since you seem concerned about manipulation, I'm letting you know that the bolded sell transactions are mine.  The buys were not.  I was, however, tempted to kick myself after refreshing and seeing the buys almost concurrent with my sells.

My reasoning was that I noticed the 50 shares released before the dividend was paid and the 50 shares after it.  Combined with the smallest dividend to date and the bad news of AUTOTRADE fresh in my mind, I got cold feet and needed to get myself to a position where the remaining shares I hold have an average cost of almost nothing.  I don't like the uncertainty surrounding the remaining unreleased shares.

I believe I was mostly responsible for your first suspicion of manipulation as well.  After trying repeatedly and unsuccessfully to bid for some of the shares being released, I got fed up and panic bought everything on the ask wall first up to .007 and then almost immediately again, everything up to .0075.  Shortly thereafter (the following day I think) someone else followed my lead and bought everything up to .009.  It was shortly after this that someone bought at .1 which I have to assume was unintentional.  I think that half a bitcoin would have been better spent on eyeglasses.

Personally, I feel like you guys are the ones manipulating the price.  By picking and choosing how many shares you will release and when, you get to decide what the lowest bid you'll accept is despite placing a market order for .006.  If a method of releasing the remaining shares is decided upon, announced, implemented and stuck to, I will consider purchasing more shares.  Alternatively, when there are no more remaining shares and true price discovery can begin, I will consider purchasing more shares.

I realize that my post sounds awfully negative but other than the disposition of the remaining shares, I've been quite pleased with your performance and I hope you will continue to do well.  I would also like to get some of my sold shares back, even if at a higher price, once there is a bit less uncertainty.

Not negative at all, we'd much rather have somebody voice their concerns so we can address the issue rather than have us continue on a path that could be harmful to Coinreturn in the long run. We're glad you let us know about the share thing (we were hoping somebody on the forums might have stepped forward) We were much more uneasy with the first case of what we thought was manipulation but after this second one we had alot of internal debate about just letting it correct itself since--if it was even manipulation---it'd be someone selling low and buying high, even if they drive up the price. Then this all leads to a whole pandora's box of what manipulation is okay and what isn't and if you attempt to react or police one kind then where do you draw the line.
I'll hold off on making any formal decisions until we all have a chance to hash things out but I feel as if I can say we may have over-reacted a bit to the whole shares-selling-for-.10btc thing. Our thinking was well what if the price suddenly sticks at .05btc/share and people---that buy in at this price---end up seeing the dividend return isn't worth it and trigger a panic or just cause the markets to stagnate; and a general feeling of well if it is maniuplation and we just let it go that could give people the impression we condone it/are involved/aren't doing anything.
I know this doesn't answer everything but I hope it gives everyone an idea of our thought process and (hopefully) some patience with us if we ever do the less desirable course of action. We'll have a better response as to a sort of final plan to figure our share offerings in a way thats easy for us and shareholders to know a single concrete number. As always, but especially for this, we'd greatly appreciate feedback/input from you guys as to how you as shareholders and future share-buyers (since what shareholder doesn't want the price through the roof Wink would like to see future share offerings play out.
Again we'll have more tommorow but everyone is welcome to voice their concerns in the meantime so we can chart the best possible course for all of us.

-jeff
thanks again for the post thundersheep

blaster51

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:13:06 PM

I will never get shares... I didnt want to spend more the 0.007 per share but not even 0.008 is possible. I just wanted to buy 100 shares a long time ago but failed, because i never got it busy man and so, i cant observe it every minute. Even if i go high with the price its no use.

I have to admit that i like the IPO way more because everyone can get shares...
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:15:59 AM

Personally, I feel like you guys are the ones manipulating the price.

In retrospect, that statement sounded more accusatory than I had intended.  While I may feel that way, it is not what I think.  I do believe you are trying to figure out the best solution without greatly impacting the market in either direction.  I am happy to give you the time necessary to figure it out.  Some things are better unhurried.  In the meantime, I'll try to offer up some ideas.

I will never get shares... I didnt want to spend more the 0.007 per share but not even 0.008 is possible. I just wanted to buy 100 shares a long time ago but failed, because i never got it busy man and so, i cant observe it every minute. Even if i go high with the price its no use.

I have to admit that i like the IPO way more because everyone can get shares...

This is the bind we're having a hard time resolving. We know we aren't going to please everyone no matter what we do but we'd like to do what is a balance of best for coinreturn's health + its shareholders and is somewhat equitable to those who want to buy in. We're starting to back away from the idea of variable shares---at least unless there is some kind of formula basically set in stone. We'd really like user feedback/ideas on this (and your position...own/don't own/want to own/etc if possible). What we'd like to do for the time being is just stick to 100 shares a day and have this figured out well before the remaining 3000~ shares are gone. This would be until we can figure out with the community here and internally what the best course of action is overall. The 100 would be sold at different times and in different volumes but always at .006 regardless of market conditions. Sorry we've jumped around on this issue and had to walk back previous decisions but we're trying to manage this balancing act as best as possible.
So what do you guys think? we'd like to offer some more shares but obviously not offer them forever; put in x,000 shares on the first of the month for the next X months? put in x at .006, x at .008, x at .01, etc? put out 5,000 and be done for good? develop the formula? something else?

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 01:18:51 AM

Personally, I feel like you guys are the ones manipulating the price.

In retrospect, that statement sounded more accusatory than I had intended.  While I may feel that way, it is not what I think.  I do believe you are trying to figure out the best solution without greatly impacting the market in either direction.  I am happy to give you the time necessary to figure it out.  Some things are better unhurried.  In the meantime, I'll try to offer up some ideas.

We didn't entirely take it as accusatory, more of ''hey the actions that you are taking give the appearance of, and could be, manipulation''
We appreciate the feedback/post in frank and concise terms, helps us figure things out more easily.

-tom and jeff

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:26:14 AM

This is the bind we're having a hard time resolving. We know we aren't going to please everyone no matter what we do but we'd like to do what is a balance of best for coinreturn's health + its shareholders and is somewhat equitable to those who want to buy in. We're starting to back away from the idea of variable shares---at least unless there is some kind of formula basically set in stone. We'd really like user feedback/ideas on this (and your position...own/don't own/want to own/etc if possible). What we'd like to do for the time being is just stick to 100 shares a day and have this figured out well before the remaining 3000~ shares are gone. This would be until we can figure out with the community here and internally what the best course of action is overall. The 100 would be sold at different times and in different volumes but always at .006 regardless of market conditions. Sorry we've jumped around on this issue and had to walk back previous decisions but we're trying to manage this balancing act as best as possible.
So what do you guys think? we'd like to offer some more shares but obviously not offer them forever; put in x,000 shares on the first of the month for the next X months? put in x at .006, x at .008, x at .01, etc? put out 5,000 and be done for good? develop the formula? something else?

TBH, I think anything you announce beforehand has the potential to to be exploited in some way.  I think the only way you're going to be able to do this in a fair and equitable way is to either sell shares in a more ad-hoc & unpredictable fashion as you see fit, or re-enable the IPO flag and sell large chunks of shares at a time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: