Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RETURN] Announcing CoinReturn Financial IPO!  (Read 31985 times)
tricomp

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:19:31 PM

dividends?

today?

Its been paid today already
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:06:11 PM

What pissed me off, even though this was an experiment is that I paid top btc for 2 shares, then shares were release driving and keeping the price down. johny08 already was stating something of this & reporting the OP to cryptostocks.

Shady business on all parts if you ask me, glad I am OUT, I will not need to deal with this IPO ever again.

Fishiness is coming from this IPO, so I left.

Good luck to the rest. Becareful. If you buy at now prices, they release more shares, your bought share is worth squat 1/4 btc of what you bought at.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:06:48 PM

dividends?

today?

Its been paid today already

It was suppose to be paid yesterday, then the 9th so on so forth.

Shady.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

Good luck to the rest. Becareful. If you buy at now prices, they release more shares, your bought share is worth squat 1/4 btc of what you bought at.
As long as there isn't too many new shares coming out, there's more money for them to work with when trading to make more divs for us. Whatever trading platform or bot they're using, it's making decent money.
StakeHunter

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:19:58 AM

Disclosure: I own RETURN shares.
OK, I don't see everyone's gripe when it comes to price fluctuation and limited shares.

The page info says they will release a max of 10,000, but they have only released ~7000. If they never release more the market will determine the price - which is what you guys want. 

Yes the prices are crazy high from IPO, but so are the returns! What matters is ROI. Just like regular stocks only buy at a price you are willing to pay. Doing the numbers even at 0.01 a share you are still getting ~20% returns a month! That is crazy good and worth it. If the price drops - so what - you only lose if you sell. Wait for the dividends and you will break even. But just like a stock and especially cryptos - use common sense - don't buy on the spikes! Wait for it to settle - it always does, and then get in and enjoy the dividends.

If they do release more shares however I think they should be fair and set the IPO flag. Let everyone get in.   

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:34:44 AM

Disclosure: I own RETURN shares.
OK, I don't see everyone's gripe when it comes to price fluctuation and limited shares.

The page info says they will release a max of 10,000, but they have only released ~7000. If they never release more the market will determine the price - which is what you guys want. 

Yes the prices are crazy high from IPO, but so are the returns! What matters is ROI. Just like regular stocks only buy at a price you are willing to pay. Doing the numbers even at 0.01 a share you are still getting ~20% returns a month! That is crazy good and worth it. If the price drops - so what - you only lose if you sell. Wait for the dividends and you will break even. But just like a stock and especially cryptos - use common sense - don't buy on the spikes! Wait for it to settle - it always does, and then get in and enjoy the dividends.

If they do release more shares however I think they should be fair and set the IPO flag. Let everyone get in.   

I too enjoy this stock and have a fair amount of shares. I agree the returns are nice. To comment though the max of 10,000 is not true. They plan on releasing more than that. 10,000 is what was created so far in cryptostocks. They are still determining when to release the remaining shares from the 10k as well as create more shares. ideally the returns should never really change since trading is all based on % but the demand will definitely decrease as the supply increases.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:21:37 AM

It seems to me that when they release more shares they should definitely be north of .01 since they've proven a solid product and anything less would be an insult to the early adopters, not to mention it would give them more to work with on the trading platform thus earning us all better returns sooner and often. Yep, that was a mouth full. Tongue
coinreturn (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:28:14 AM

Hey all, sorry we haven't been as active on the thread lately. We don't want to respond to any one single post as to tip our hand as to what the plan is for shares, but we know this is pretty much the single largest source of mistrust and the fish-like odor pekv remarked on. As we said before, the way we've made decisions regarding shares is the result of bad planning than ill-intentions. We weren't clear in our whitepaper statement about how we intended to release/sell them and even left it open as a "we'll figure it out later" which, in retrospect, is unacceptable for any entity raising capital through shares, and we flip-flopped way too much trying to adapt to different demands. For all this we are sorry. That said, we are still planning to announce a resolution to this in the next few days that we think will be agreeable to most of the different concerns raised here. We have most of the plan figured out in terms of mechanics and are just playing with a few different variables in regard to numbers. Apart from trying to address the array of issues raised, our biggest priority is having a plan in place that is 100% clear that we will not deviate from, we've lost enough credibility from backpedaling and another change in plans after this would be unacceptable.

For those of you that have parted ways, we're sorry your no longer a part of the portfolio but we respect your decision and understand your reasoning, we hope that with the dividends you came out ahead.
For those of you that have stuck with us, we greatly appreciate it and intend to not risk losing your trust in us and hope to keep offering a good return on your coins.  

Mike5s

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:25:47 PM

Hey all, sorry we haven't been as active on the thread lately. We don't want to respond to any one single post as to tip our hand as to what the plan is for shares, but we know this is pretty much the single largest source of mistrust and the fish-like odor pekv remarked on. As we said before, the way we've made decisions regarding shares is the result of bad planning than ill-intentions. We weren't clear in our whitepaper statement about how we intended to release/sell them and even left it open as a "we'll figure it out later" which, in retrospect, is unacceptable for any entity raising capital through shares, and we flip-flopped way too much trying to adapt to different demands. For all this we are sorry. That said, we are still planning to announce a resolution to this in the next few days that we think will be agreeable to most of the different concerns raised here. We have most of the plan figured out in terms of mechanics and are just playing with a few different variables in regard to numbers. Apart from trying to address the array of issues raised, our biggest priority is having a plan in place that is 100% clear that we will not deviate from, we've lost enough credibility from backpedaling and another change in plans after this would be unacceptable.

For those of you that have parted ways, we're sorry your no longer a part of the portfolio but we respect your decision and understand your reasoning, we hope that with the dividends you came out ahead.
For those of you that have stuck with us, we greatly appreciate it and intend to not risk losing your trust in us and hope to keep offering a good return on your coins.  

balance sheet and closure resolution would be nice for a start :-)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:34:06 AM

divs?
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 02:36:18 AM

We're still on track to make an announcement regarding our plan for shares/share distribution for the remainder of the year. The only thing that has changed with this is we plan on implementing the changes in the announcement basically right after the announcement is up, in previous posts we had said we would implement it after a day or two but after we fully fleshed out and developed the plan we realized that it isn't really practical or in anyone's interest to arbitrarily announce then wait, which will be more clear after the announcement. We've tried to come up with a plan to satisfy as many people as possible while looking out for the portfolio's long term health and hope most have a positive reaction to our plan.
We also have a few more less dramatic changes in the works that we plan on having shareholders vote on but we'll cross that bridge once the dust settles from all this share related business.
To summarize: The announcement will be up on here and CS at roughly the same time on 5/14 and once it is up the changes will be implemented immediately. As always, feel free to stop by here or send a PM to tell us how we've done or with any questions.

-your CoinReturn team

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:31:41 AM

divs?
Divs were paid about 8 hours ago.
Doesn't look I got any nor today either. My balance has been stuck throughout last weekend it seems. Any thoughts? Is there a way for tracking dividend payments on CS other than just noticing an uptick in one's balance? I checked through the announcement page and there's been nothing for Return on there since prior to the 10th. Also, my email account gets notified when I get divs and it has been empty of notifications since the 8th.
scryptographer

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 01:40:23 AM

divs?
Doesn't look I got any nor today either. My balance has been stuck throughout last weekend it seems. Any thoughts? Is there a way for tracking dividend payments on CS other than just noticing an uptick in one's balance? I checked through the announcement page and there's been nothing for Return on there since prior to the 10th. Also, my email account gets notified when I get divs and it has been empty of notifications since the 8th.

E-mail notifications has been out of order for most of the past 2 weeks, so no surprise there.

All account activity can be found at https://cryptostocks.com/trxaudits (Account menu -> Legend)
You are correct, however, that no dividends have been paid today/yesterday (May 13) https://cryptostocks.com/securities/101#dividends

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 03:13:31 AM

divs?

E-mail notifications has been out of order for most of the past 2 weeks, so no surprise there.

All account activity can be found at https://cryptostocks.com/trxaudits (Account menu -> Legend)
You are correct, however, that no dividends have been paid today/yesterday (May 13) https://cryptostocks.com/securities/101#dividends

Today's have been paid out, sorry we're a bit inconsistent as to the time of day when we pay them out; but it should always be before 23:59 CS time (and usually a good bit before) unless there's a problem.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:41:27 AM

divs?

Today's have been paid out, sorry we're a bit inconsistent as to the time of day when we pay them out; but it should always be before 23:59 CS time (and usually a good bit before) unless there's a problem.
Thanks for the replies, guys. Yes, it does seem like the notifications don't work and yes, the divs did come in. I'm so busy w/ so many things I guess I either wasn't paying attention or overlooked the obvious.
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 05:39:53 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 07:49:05 PM by coinreturn

Alright here we go....

1) In our original whitepaper we weren't very clear about how many shares we intended to sell at .005, and many users had the impression that we would sell 10,000 at .005. We never had intentions of doing this, but we see how people could easily get that idea based on our poor wording and failure to state any other intention.
 So what we are going to do is re-enable the IPO and offer the remaining 2934 shares at .005. Since this is a very low price and we want to give as many different users a chance to get these we will release them in a few stages. This is because one person could easily put in a buy for 3000 shares at .005 and take all of them, we may also disable/enable the IPO(clear the book) to give others a chance.

2) We will also create 7500 shares shortly. After this, there will be no more shares created until March 1 2015 without shareholder approval. This isn't to say that March 2nd we're creating new shares, just that the possibility is off the table until then unless shareholders vote otherwise.
3) All of these newly created shares will be for sale immediately after creation.
4) 5,000 shares will be available at .007btc and 2,500 will be available at .01btc. While these shares are available we will have the IPO enabled.
5) If we want to make ANY changes to the details outlined above we will only do so after seeking and obtaining shareholder approval. If these were to sell much faster than expected, we may seek shareholder approval to create 2,500 more, but this is unlikely. If these were to sell much slower than expected, we may seek shareholder approval to lower the price of the 2,500 at .01, but this is unlikely as well.

EDIT: Just to be clear, we are going to try to sell most of the shares at .005btc before creating and selling the new shares. As we get down to the last 1,000 or so we will then create and release the new ones, so there may be some overlap. We've just released 934 at .005.

Background Information:
We were uneasy about re-enabling the IPO and creating price "levels" of shares since we don't know how quickly the demand will consume these shares and we don't want anyone to feel "stuck" with shares. However, as past performance has shown and the final section of this announcement details, it wouldn't be terribly difficult for share purchasers at .01btc/share to achieve a 200% annual ROI. These funds will allow everyone to profit on smaller price swings but deliver larger dividends, even with more shares splitting the proceeds. How so?
Consider that there were roughly 7,000 shares out there that raised roughly 45 bitcoins. Say we sell all 45 for 450, then buy in at 440 we would have profited 1.02 and shareholders would get about .66btc/7000 = .00009428 per share. Now, if we sell these shares and raise 75btc and now have a sum of 120btc, then sell that at 450, and buy back in at 440, this would generate 2.72 btc and 1.768btc for 17000 shares, so .00010400 per share, a 10% increase. Admittedly this does work out better for the person paying .005 per share, but the early bird gets the worm. However if we can consistently take advantage of a 2.2% price shift in btc we could give a 100% return to shareholders that bought at .005 in about 3 months and 6 months for a shareholder that got in at .01btc. Of course our trading strategy doesn't actually sell every last coin at once, and often price swings can be much larger than 2.2%, but the principle is the same.

We tried to keep this short but very clear and unambiguous, however if there is anything we didn't address or you have others questions or concerns, feel free to post on our bitcointalk thread or send us a PM.
-Your CoinReturn team

edit +2 hours since post:
 1200 or so shares remaining at .005btc, we'll keep trying to release them in a piecemeal fashion. Once we get to about 600~ left we'll create the new shares and put those up and wait a few hours to put the remaining .005 ones up for those asleep/working/etc.

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:57:43 PM

I really hope you can enable some time when IPO will be disabled. Please wait after the initial .005 is gone before releasing the new shares. You are essentially flooding the market with a huge amount of shares. I would say wait at least 3-4 days after those 3000 are gone.  3000+ 7500 is more shares in this IPO then are currently available in the past few months
noobthegreat

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:54:51 PM

Seriously? I've been camping this thread and announcements page for the last week and I leave for a scant 3 hours to find everything already happened and nothing for sale.
noobthegreat

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:20:10 PM

So where are we right now? Are there going to be 1200 at .05 in a few hours? 600? Or are the rest of us are SOL?
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 09:36:10 PM

So where are we right now? Are there going to be 1200 at .05 in a few hours? 600? Or are the rest of us are SOL?

Still at 950 to sell with 150 just added to the book, doing it in a trickle to give as many people as possible a chance to get in. We knew they'd go fast but they are going almost instantly, we're trying to be as equitable as possible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: