Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RETURN] Announcing CoinReturn Financial IPO!  (Read 31983 times)
noobthegreat

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

Instantly is right, they're already gone! I agree with the piecemeal and random time releases to increase fairness, but the sheer demand is just unreasonable.

You might have to call a vote at some point.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:45:29 PM

Instantly is right, they're already gone! I agree with the piecemeal and random time releases to increase fairness, but the sheer demand is just unreasonable.

You might have to call a vote at some point.

I know they keep going quick I only got my hands on about 75 out of all these shares :/
Dingir

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:53:56 PM

Online since 3 hours! Finally got some  Grin Keep it up CoinReturn! BTCBTCBTC
coinreturn (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:07:25 PM

I really hope you can enable some time when IPO will be disabled. Please wait after the initial .005 is gone before releasing the new shares. You are essentially flooding the market with a huge amount of shares. I would say wait at least 3-4 days after those 3000 are gone.  3000+ 7500 is more shares in this IPO then are currently available in the past few months

We share your concern and hope to avoid that by pricing almost all the shares at a discount but at a range that, if they all sold, would still give a bump to the dividend per share rate (generally speaking based on past performance). This all combined should still give a good valuation per share and allow the ones were realesing to move pretty quickly. We figure the ones at .007 are still a good enough price for people to find it a bargain, things may slow down a bit at .01 but we'll see.
Thanks for the input though, its appreciated and we try to keep everyones feedback in mind when deciding what to do next.

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:06:03 PM

We hit 600 shares left and are creating and soon listing the new 7500 shares. We'll put these ones up a while and then resume trickling out the remaining 600 at .005btc. Sorry to anyone that really wanted in at .005 and doesn't make it in or get as many as they'd like, we hope at least a few of you got what you wanted/get what you want at .005btc. Thanks for sticking with us and feel free to let us know what you think about how all this worked out.

-jeff and tom

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:46:33 PM

We hit 600 shares left and are creating and soon listing the new 7500 shares. We'll put these ones up a while and then resume trickling out the remaining 600 at .005btc. Sorry to anyone that really wanted in at .005 and doesn't make it in or get as many as they'd like, we hope at least a few of you got what you wanted/get what you want at .005btc. Thanks for sticking with us and feel free to let us know what you think about how all this worked out.

-jeff and tom
What time in eastern standard time? Need to be ready for this.
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 12:26:46 AM

-jeff and tom
What time in eastern standard time? Need to be ready for this.

We've been trying not to give or set 'to the minute' specific times, we're thinking we'll resume at 9PM EST, but again its going to be trickling out.

-Tom

noobthegreat

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:20:35 AM

At long last I got a few. Man, you'd think shares of this thing cure cancer  Huh
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:47:16 AM

At long last I got a few. Man, you'd think shares of this thing cure cancer  Huh

theres plenty of shares now i think the desire for them died down a bit.
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 04:51:45 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 05:02:13 PM by coinreturn

There's going to be a poll up shortly asking shareholders if it is acceptable to use up to 10% of the total portfolio (currently around 7btc) for use in alt-coin markets. The btc/ltc market has been dreadfully flat lately and we've fared well on darkcoin, cinni, and a few others with the 5% allocation we do have. Of course alt's are much higher risk but under some circumstances they can be worthwhile. We'll likely stay under the 10% but part of the reason we brought this up is because our investments in darkcoin paid off so well that the growth caused it to be more than 5% of the portfolio, though we just recently sold some off to take profits and are back under.

edit:
Also we're about to pay out today's dividend and bear in mind that we've barely had a chance to put the newer funds into use for trading, so they'll be a big of a delay over the next few days as the portfolio grows and the funds are used for trades and grow the dividends. So please have patience as things begin to settle.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:34:25 AM

The vote is up now BTW, looks like CS's email failures extend to vote notifications as well...
tunafish

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 04:05:21 PM

Ive been lurking off and on on this thread since i bought alot of shares of return over the past few months and more since more shares were created. I was wondering how do you guys plan on trading with alt coins do your tradebots work with them or are there specific ones you planned on getting or what? i'm inclined to vote yes on the active poll but i know i've lost money over the years trying to trade on alts and most just lose value over time and the market is very volatile. I mean if you lose 10% of the portfolio--say 10 btc gets turned into 2 then you do it again and have 9 turn into 3 thats a very big loss, what will happen to dividends, will you just have no dividends until the -15 btc is caught up?

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 09:42:12 PM

Ive been lurking off and on on this thread since i bought alot of shares of return over the past few months and more since more shares were created. I was wondering how do you guys plan on trading with alt coins do your tradebots work with them or are there specific ones you planned on getting or what? i'm inclined to vote yes on the active poll but i know i've lost money over the years trying to trade on alts and most just lose value over time and the market is very volatile. I mean if you lose 10% of the portfolio--say 10 btc gets turned into 2 then you do it again and have 9 turn into 3 thats a very big loss, what will happen to dividends, will you just have no dividends until the -15 btc is caught up?

We've done some tinkering on the alt-exchanges that do have an API (cryptsy primarily so far) and for these kind of trades we primarily do things pretty simple, we look out for a coin that's got a steady rise, like darkcoin for a few weeks until recently or hobonickle for several months (flat now, could go either way) and buy in manually, often in a few stages so were not loaded with one coin. Then we query the API at regular intervals to look for changes and if it goes beyond a certain threshold drop we sell---though this part is still kind of beta as we work out the coding. As it rises we seal in the earnings, also in stages typically and if we earn a 100% of the funds back only then do we ever "let it ride"; for instance: let's say we buy 100 darkcoin at .003 for .30btc total, we sell some along the way of the rise and then say as the price hits .006 we have earned .30 btc back and have 35 darkcoin leftover, well then be a little more risky with these funds and try to get a nice return since none of the principle is at risk.
Generally speaking we try to avoid jumping in a trend too late or too early, too late meaning the rate of growth has slowed for a few days and you can see the leveling coming, too early being a sudden jump up that is only over the course of a day or two. We can't imagine losing a whole lot like that unless something goes really wrong (block forked or something) but that is a good question, we would have to cover the losses from profits elsewhere unless shareholders want a vote on this to say we cover them over a period or cover 90%. If this were to happen and we lost enough to kill a day's dividend then we think it'd be best to reduce our balance of alts immediately as to reduce further risk. However, with buying in at stages, taking profits when possible, having fail-safes with our trading platform, and avoiding being too eager (along with avoiding extremely low-volume alts) the risk of this should be very small.

Sorry for the long answer but we think being specific here is better than not.

-Tom and Jeff

ESM

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:40:45 PM

What would have been most considerate is to offer the shares 1st to existing shareholders as to allow them to prevent dilution of ownership/yield.
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 11:15:45 PM

What would have been most considerate is to offer the shares 1st to existing shareholders as to allow them to prevent dilution of ownership/yield.

We considered this but what about the people that got zero at .005 earlier? Doesn't seem right to offer them less since a huge part of why we offered the 3k at .005 was for them to have another equal chance. We don't see dilution of ownership outside the context of yield as a problem but within the context of yield, estlabished/early shareholders have been given the same opprotunity at .005, and if they couldnt get in at that .007 dividend yields should work out close to the same in theory along with the higher yields on existing shares, especially for those who bought at .005 or .006 initially.
Sorry if this doesn't make things better, we're not trying to dismiss your concerns, just trying to explain our thinking.

-

coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 09:26:45 PM

Today's dividend is about to be paid and its a good bit larger than what is typical, most of this one is from darkcoins we've sold in the past few days and profited nicely on and not so much the new funds in the portfolio (we got most DRK at ~.0035 and sold a nice chunk at ~.013).... So while today's is pretty good, the dividend on the 19th will likely dip back down and then the following dividends will steadily climb as the new funds are put to use---unless of course there are some major price shifts in BTC/LTC in the near future. Just wanted to keep everyone posted and especially let potential investors know that this dividend is not typical and future dividends may not yield this much.

-Tom

Dingir

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:48:50 PM

(If it is really true, that the profit came from DRK trading, then) I have to say CoinReturn, is extremely professional and honest!! You could have easily kept the dividends for you, and just issue the share holders one of the usual “average” size dividends... so thank you for the professional and honest work!
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 11:01:00 PM

(If it is really true, that the profit came from DRK trading, then) I have to say CoinReturn, is extremely professional and honest!! You could have easily kept the dividends for you, and just issue the share holders one of the usual “average” size dividends... so thank you for the professional and honest work!

Thank you for the kind words. And honestly we've seen so many other projects/stocks on CS and other cryptoinvestment sites claim that they will give investors 90%+ of all profits but we found this hard to believe. We take 35% which we think is fair. If you total up the dividends from since we ended the promotional period (4/10 or so) thats about 18btc for investors and just over 9 for us (27btc total-35%) so we think we're doing pretty well already. Thats actually how CoinReturn really started... we noticed that it's easy to make btc grow if you pool your resources with friends and manage to take advantage of almost every shift in price---which is easier to do if your not just one person having to trade 24/7 basically---then you can kind of just keep growing. We are concerned with how flat BTC prices have been in May, we don't remember it ever being this stable, since our strategy assumes a degree of volatility, but things should still pan out with alt-coins picking up the slack when needed.

Soak

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:53:43 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 09:19:38 PM by Soak

Are there some BTC0.005 shares still remaining?
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:13:31 PM

No.  All the shares at .005 and .007 have sold out.  There are now just under 2000 shares at .01 remaining.  No more shares will be released (without shareholder approval) before March 2015.
Of course but prospective share buyers will obviously be able to make bids and then the free market price can eventually be realized on an continuing upward trajectory to valuate the dividend return rate properly. People will be chomping at the bit to buy shares of this at will be willing to pay a major premium per share.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: