Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RETURN] Announcing CoinReturn Financial IPO!  (Read 31985 times)
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:08:36 PM

No.  All the shares at .005 and .007 have sold out.  There are now just under 2000 shares at .01 remaining.  No more shares will be released (without shareholder approval) before March 2015.
Of course but prospective share buyers will obviously be able to make bids and then the free market price can eventually be realized on an continuing upward trajectory to valuate the dividend return rate properly. People will be chomping at the bit to buy shares of this at will be willing to pay a major premium per share.

@ coinreturn

Can we make a vote if there is need for the next 2500 shares at 0.01 as you proposed?

Thanks!
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:24:51 PM

No.  All the shares at .005 and .007 have sold out.  There are now just under 2000 shares at .01 remaining.  No more shares will be released (without shareholder approval) before March 2015.
Of course but prospective share buyers will obviously be able to make bids and then the free market price can eventually be realized on an continuing upward trajectory to valuate the dividend return rate properly. People will be chomping at the bit to buy shares of this at will be willing to pay a major premium per share.

@ coinreturn

Can we make a vote if there is need for the next 2500 shares at 0.01 as you proposed?

Thanks!

how many shares do you want released. Once this is gone the IPO needs to be over. I want to see where the value will stabilize
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:58:56 PM

@ coinreturn

Thanks!

how many shares do you want released. Once this is gone the IPO needs to be over. I want to see where the value will stabilize
This and it'll be interesting to see the new coinage being put to work in a bullish environment like we've just started to witness. What how that'll make the divs look coming up here..
coinreturn (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 10:26:02 PM

@ coinreturn

Thanks!

This and it'll be interesting to see the new coinage being put to work in a bullish environment like we've just started to witness. What how that'll make the divs look coming up here..

The last 900 or so shares at .01btc are going slow enough that it doesn't seem like we need a vote, if more users express a desire for a vote though we will create a poll though but this seems somewhat unlikely in the near future. We may disable the IPO somewhat soon and leave the shares in at .01 since only 900 remain, this is still up in the air though, feel free to comment on this.

As for the rise in btc prices, its great just to have some price change, we've needed it like a california farmer needs rain. Never seen prices so stable as they have been this May. The price change is already helping and alot of the new coins have been put to work. We also want to mention that the vote on trading in alt-coins passed overwhelmingly, were not too crazy about getting too far into alt-coins given the risk they carry but when the btc/ltc markets are extremely flat/stable they can be very useful.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:58:18 PM

I support the idea of disabling the IPO flag & leaving the 900 remaining shares at 0.01 - perhaps at the end of the week?

I also agree on the BTC price stability; it was CRAZY stable!!  It was like everyone was holding their breath, waiting for... something... I've no idea what!
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:02:36 PM

I support the idea of disabling the IPO flag & leaving the 900 remaining shares at 0.01 - perhaps at the end of the week?

I also agree on the BTC price stability; it was CRAZY stable!!  It was like everyone was holding their breath, waiting for... something... I've no idea what!

I agree with this disable the IPO in the next 2-3 days and just leave the shares there. I hate when investments are stuck in an IPO for a long period.
tricomp

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:00:46 AM

I agree with this disable the IPO in the next 2-3 days and just leave the shares there. I hate when investments are stuck in an IPO for a long period.
+1
SamboNZ

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:02:43 PM

Hi Tom & Jeff,

Regarding the contingency plans in the event of a CryptoStocks implosion.  It is reassuring to know that you guys have thought about these kinds of scenarios and even more reassuring that you have a plan in place (& have disclosed it).  However, I would like to propose an idea for an alternative plan.

Basically, all your share holders (myself included) obviously believe in CoinReturn and see it as a great investment.  Therefore we have committed our money to the company and would ideally like the excellent returns to continue as long as possible.

Therefore, I propose that, in the event of catastrophic issues with CS, instead of shutting down CoinReturn, we simply move operations to another platform (such as Havelock Investments).  In fact, I would go one step further and propose that we proactively move to Havelock, regardless of the situation at CS, as from what I can see, the Havelock platform is superior to CS in terms of functionality & stability, & is less related to other failed / failing enterprises run by operators of unconfirmed integrity.

What does everyone think of that idea?

Sam.
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:31:58 PM

+1

Quick update:
Since we have some consensus all around, we're going to disable the IPO setting either tomorrow or friday (about 24-36 hours from timestamp of this post) and leave the remaining 700 or so shares in at .01btc

-Tom

noobthegreat

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:05:16 AM

Personally, I wouldn't mind the IPO flag remaining up a little longer while I pick up more shares Cheesy

But I'm okay with letting the market decide too.  Open the floodgates!!
Dingir

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:29:23 AM

Hi Tom & Jeff,

Regarding the contingency plans in the event of a CryptoStocks implosion.  It is reassuring to know that you guys have thought about these kinds of scenarios and even more reassuring that you have a plan in place (& have disclosed it).  However, I would like to propose an idea for an alternative plan.

Basically, all your share holders (myself included) obviously believe in CoinReturn and see it as a great investment.  Therefore we have committed our money to the company and would ideally like the excellent returns to continue as long as possible.

Therefore, I propose that, in the event of catastrophic issues with CS, instead of shutting down CoinReturn, we simply move operations to another platform (such as Havelock Investments).  In fact, I would go one step further and propose that we proactively move to Havelock, regardless of the situation at CS, as from what I can see, the Havelock platform is superior to CS in terms of functionality & stability, & is less related to other failed / failing enterprises run by operators of unconfirmed integrity.

What does everyone think of that idea?

Sam.

I generally support the idea, but it has to be planned very carefully. Usually a listing on havelock investments brings with it a mugh higher volume and thus a higher responsibility and often more problems (just compare CS and Havelockinvestment listings' threads on bitcointalk.org). Dont know, how much time and effort CoinReturn is planning on putting in their Project. If they want to go full public eventually as an Tradingfund, than havelock is the future, if they want to remain a kind of neat anonymous project than CS is the place to remain on, and I think if you transfer your dividends at least twice a week out of CS than a potential loss can be kept at its minimum, (of course only if, one of the CS listings dont decide, to dissapear with CS together Smiley
SamboNZ

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:44:00 AM

I generally support the idea, but it has to be planned very carefully. Usually a listing on havelock investments brings with it a mugh higher volume and thus a higher responsibility and often more problems (just compare CS and Havelockinvestment listings' threads on bitcointalk.org). Dont know, how much time and effort CoinReturn is planning on putting in their Project. If they want to go full public eventually as an Tradingfund, than havelock is the future, if they want to remain a kind of neat anonymous project than CS is the place to remain on, and I think if you transfer your dividends at least twice a week out of CS than a potential loss can be kept at its minimum, (of course only if, one of the CS listings dont decide, to dissapear with CS together Smiley

Yeah, fair call I guess.  Perhaps we should wait until the project matures a bit before expanding to Havelock.  However, I'd still like to see some alternative contingency plan to just liquidating everything and distributing the funds.  I don't want to loose the very healthy returns from this project!! Cheesy

Are there any other stock trading platforms out there other than CS or HI?
oppahdoggystyle

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 08:58:29 PM by oppahdoggystyle

Yeah, fair call I guess.  Perhaps we should wait until the project matures a bit before expanding to Havelock.  However, I'd still like to see some alternative contingency plan to just liquidating everything and distributing the funds.  I don't want to loose the very healthy returns from this project!! Cheesy

Are there any other stock trading platforms out there other than CS or HI?

bitcoinbourse.eu, crypto-trade,

There's not that many stock trading platforms besides that.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:33:01 AM

It looks like the latest returns ~doubled over the last one so things are looking up. I imagine going forward will be similar if not more.
SamboNZ

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:17:26 AM

It looks like the latest returns ~doubled over the last one so things are looking up. I imagine going forward will be similar if not more.
Not sure what you mean here:
23 May 14:05   1.24131480     17,098   0.00007260   BTC
21 May 16:26   1.17815116     16,778   0.00007022   BTC
They look about the same to me!
tricomp

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

There is a site, www.BTC.SX ,  funded by Seedcoin Investment fund  that enables leverage with BTC trading. I believe that with the market direction predicting capability of Coinreturn coupled with the leveraged trading  provided by btc.sx, Coinreturn may be able to boost returns substantially.

The management of Coinreturn should examine the possibility.

I came across the company/site in the prospectus of Seedcoin on Havelstocks and i have not done any independent assessment.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

Not sure what you mean here:
23 May 14:05   1.24131480     17,098   0.00007260   BTC
21 May 16:26   1.17815116     16,778   0.00007022   BTC
They look about the same to me!
I just noticed my divs looked to have doubled so perhaps it's the extra coinage being put to use that is making this happen.
coinreturn (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:54:50 AM

We're open to moving to another platform if things ever hit the fan with CS but we still want to have our current emergency liquidation plan in place if its not a viable option to move, because we might need to give funds back for people to repurchase, if regulatory agencies put us out of business, etc. We haven't paid to much attention to havelock but from our latest examinations it looks like things run very smooth over there. To early to make any formal decisions but this is a discussion were happy to keep evolving.

Next order of business is today's dividends, they are pretty terrible due to our trading platform and our own strategies thinking a dip was imminent when it wasn't. We've linked the image and you can see where we messed up, at 5/24 3:30(and to a much lesser extent at 5/23 16:00) we thought a drop back down coming since we had multiple samples showing a downtrend imminent. This likely could have been avoided since we didn't have our more standard settings on---ignored volume at 500, didn't require enough continuous drops at 30min polling intervals for MACD, although 1hr and 2hr polls showed a incoming drop. In layman's terms: we had the sensitivity turned up too high on our "tradebot".
  This had about 25% of the portfolio tied to it since we were set to put more of the new funds into action, so we basically sold a bunch of btc at and around $502 ($515 bitstamp), right before it surged upward again....ouch. Fortunately, we have our platform set to take a loss. What we mean by this is once our platform started picking up the trend reversal upward after 3:30 and had a few confirmation samples it began to buy back in....sometimes the most profitable thing you can do is take a loss. The losses totaled about ~0.75btc which we estimate cut the dividend in about half.
We're disappointed we have such a lackluster dividend today but on the upside we stemmed any major losses and aren't offering a 0 dividend and that we can improve our strategies going forward to avoid similar scenarios. We hope we have adequately explained things and no investors are extremely dissatisfied after reading this, if you have any questions feel free to ask and we'll do our best to answer.

-Tom and Jeff

edit: we should have included a SS with it at 30min intervals but its where the cursor cross is at 3:00-3:30 is where we are describing

SamboNZ

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:56:32 AM

Thanks for the updates guys, it's reassuring to see such good transparency and that you have good contingencies in place for such situations.  Don't worry too much about it, you've learned from the situation and you can't win every time Smiley

Besides which, let's not forget the record 4BTC payout a couple of weeks ago!  Cheesy

Keep up the great work!

inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 11:47:36 AM

Thanks for the updates guys, it's reassuring to see such good transparency and that you have good contingencies in place for such situations.  Don't worry too much about it, you've learned from the situation and you can't win every time Smiley

Besides which, let's not forget the record 4BTC payout a couple of weeks ago!  Cheesy

Keep up the great work!

+1

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: