Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:26:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RETURN] Announcing CoinReturn Financial IPO!  (Read 32003 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:25:22 AM

If this is a permanent problem (as in they went rogue) and I know yall have my email address, is there a way to provide another wallet for payment while also verifying our share holdings? This is really starting to look shady on their part.
junkonator

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:27:04 PM

@coinreturn where will you go if CS closes down tomorrow? How much money is on CS how much is off CS?
Chellger

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:13:57 AM

coinfarm seems to prepare a move, I would love if Return moves with them, because I have shares of both of you.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:31:20 AM

I know it's only been a few days, but I think the complete lack of communication from CryptoStocks, the historical technical issues & lack of care plus the ever-present unknown of the owner's poor reputation should be enough for us to start looking elsewhere for a home for CoinReturn's share management regardless of the outcome of this latest outage.  4 days is a long time to be down in the crypto-world, and time is bitcoins!  I understand that technical issues happen, but the complete information / update black hole at CS is inexcusable!

@Tom & Jeff: Do you think it would be appropriate to have a vote on this?  (although this may be moot as I think the outcome is pretty predictable).  I know you guys are busy, and the last thing I want to do is to create more work for you, but I think the current situation is pretty poor.
Chellger

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:45:01 AM

I think having a vote is vital! Also I think, Return should send an E-Mail to all its shareholders. Just in case. I KNOW i have CS on "disclose your E-Mail", but I want to be on the save side.
SamboNZ

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

I think having a vote is vital! Also I think, Return should send an E-Mail to all its shareholders. Just in case. I KNOW i have CS on "disclose your E-Mail", but I want to be on the save side.

Good idea!
germanjew

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:53:45 AM

What do you guys think of Havelock Investments? I would like to see Return, Coinfarm, MSP and Debt move to Havelocks.
SamboNZ

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

I think Havelock Investments is brilliant!  I have used them quite a bit in the past and their reputation is great, their site is solid, and most importantly, their COMMUNICATION and SUPPORT are first class!
germanjew

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:10:02 AM

Does anyone maybe have experience listing a security with them? I wonder what their process is with regards to vetting new listings. So far they look much better at it than CS!
SamboNZ

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:12:19 AM

I haven't listed a security with them, but from what I understand they certainly seem to have a much more robust process for listing / vetting listings.
scryptographer

Activity: 143

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

And CS is back.
My account was creditted a deposit I made a few days ago

Wallets will be online again in an hour. We apologize for the prolonged downtime of the wallets.
No further explanation given

tricomp

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:05:36 PM

And CS is back.
My account was creditted a deposit I made a few days ago

Wallets will be online again in an hour. We apologize for the prolonged downtime of the wallets.
No further explanation given
CS is indeed back. I was able to withdraw successfully
noobthegreat

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:19:08 PM

Same here, my missing deposit showed up.

That said, this experience (during which I've enjoyed a read of all the other times this had happened with CS and parent Vircurex) has left me wary of the reliability of CS moving forward.  If they're going to keep this silence on what happened, I think we might have to look at alternatives, like others have said.

We should demand an explanation.
lynn_402

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:29:14 PM

Same here, my missing deposit showed up.

That said, this experience (during which I've enjoyed a read of all the other times this had happened with CS and parent Vircurex) has left me wary of the reliability of CS moving forward.  If they're going to keep this silence on what happened, I think we might have to look at alternatives, like others have said.

We should demand an explanation.

There's no explanation, but at least an apology Wink
https://cryptostocks.com/announcements/2436

However, I also think finding a new platform very soon would be a good idea.
Dingir

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:11:33 PM

yeah! CS is back, looking forward to the dividends!! :-D

Regarding transfering to Havelock: dont think that a project like CoinReturn can list there, apparently you need to be a fully registered and public business... Saddly there are no alternatives around, in a similar style to CS (please correct me if I am wrong!!) except of projects which are still in development (http://www.coindesk.com/new-decentralized-crowdfunding-platform-reshape-bitcoin-landscape/) There is also this NXT Decentralised Stock Exchange, but I have no idea about the concept of it... 

So I believe, no alternative to CS for now, especially if you want to trade your stocks freely.
However we could create an "Investment Club" out of CoinReturn with a fixed "price buy-in" and maybe every month a complete payout from which then again a new investment round would start and so on... which is rather complicated...

I believe, unfortunately, we must rely on CS and the only thing one can do is keep a minimum funds on CS and withdraw anything always asap, even if their withdrawal costs are currently around 3$. A positive side effect of this "CS situation", is that one can figure out now (more or less) which projects on CS are more trustworthy to others :-)

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:13:18 PM

As someone alluded to earlier, these last 4 or 5 days being 'offline' essentially feels like a month in real time. I'm not even sure if today is a dividend day or not. Sure would be nice if it was, 3 divs all at once! Cool
scryptographer

Activity: 143

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 04:36:21 PM

As someone alluded to earlier, these last 4 or 5 days being 'offline' essentially feels like a month in real time. I'm not even sure if today is a dividend day or not. Sure would be nice if it was, 3 divs all at once! Cool

I believe we have 2 missed dividend payments, and another scheduled for tomorrow.
Also, it appears someone was happy to see CS wallet back online. They picked up ~7BTC worth of RETURN shares, and ensured that the IPO is now completely sold out Smiley

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:27:49 PM

I believe we have 2 missed dividend payments, and another scheduled for tomorrow.
Also, it appears someone was happy to see CS wallet back online. They picked up ~7BTC worth of RETURN shares, and ensured that the IPO is now completely sold out Smiley
Nice! I see people are picking at the shares listed @ .011 and once those are gone there's almost nothing between that and .014+. Then, only a few coins worth til it's .02 and up. Assuming things stay on course, this is by far the best security going on these days and I'm a proud shareholder. Any guesses as to where the free market value of these shares will be in in 2015? I'm gonna be conservative and say the asking price will be north of .05 each plus these asks will be in the driver's seat. The only question will be who's sticking around and making sick coinage going on into the future and who's taking profits and retiring. Grin I'm happy w/ my positioning and will likely keep picking up these puppies, best bang for the buck imo although I am diversified.
coinreturn (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

Wow lotta posts to respond to! Sorry we've been laying low the past few days, we've been looking at what we can do to move off CS. Unfortunatly there does seem to be a really good way to do this---to shift to somewhere like havelock and transfer peoples shares to there.
 On the upside we've seen a huge drop in the number of anonymous shareholders which means more people are disclosing there email. We are going to send an email to everyone and ask for a bitcoin address we can keep on file with your name and sharecount. Please check your email associated with your CS account in the next few days and reply with a bitcoin address we can send funds to if needed.
We'll be sorting out the dividends today as well and we'll try to respond to some of the posts here.

coinreturn (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 07:23:31 PM

Nice! I see people are picking at the shares listed @ .011 and once those are gone there's almost nothing between that and .014+. Then, only a few coins worth til it's .02 and up. Assuming things stay on course, this is by far the best security going on these days and I'm a proud shareholder. Any guesses as to where the free market value of these shares will be in in 2015? I'm gonna be conservative and say the asking price will be north of .05 each plus these asks will be in the driver's seat. The only question will be who's sticking around and making sick coinage going on into the future and who's taking profits and retiring. Grin I'm happy w/ my positioning and will likely keep picking up these puppies, best bang for the buck imo although I am diversified.

We have a hunch that the share price is only up so much because people are expecting a super dividend (5/31, 6/1 and 6/3). If it sounds amiable to you guys we would like to pay out 5/31 on 6/4, 6/5 on 6/5, and 6/1 on 6/6, or something similar, were concerned that once we pay out this triple dividend people will decide to dump their shares. We're going to pay out 6/3's a while and see what you guys think, if everybody wants the past due ones all at once we'll gladly do it later today or early tommorow, were just a bit leery about the jump in price/demand. Or maybe do 5/31 with today's then 6/1's div with 6/5? What do you guys think?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: