Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RETURN] Announcing CoinReturn Financial IPO!  (Read 31990 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:34:12 PM

...You can't invest without giving your money to strangers...

If you can't invest without giving your money to strangers, you should not invest.  This, again, should be obvious.
I share with you that factoid in the same spirit as this one: If you can't fly by jumping off tall buildings, don't do it.

While flying is a thing, and though it seems unjust that some can do it while others can't, what you're proposing here (jumping off tall buildings and hoping for the best) prob'ly won't make you happy.

Nor are you likely to learn flying by repeatedly throwing yourself off buildings and other tall places, even though this subforum is dedicated to just that.  I know baby birds seem to do it that way, but you're not a baby bird.  
Sorry to be such a downer.

*Also: "...my portfolio (in line with diversifying via risk-reward)" <==a collection of used scratch tickets is not a portfolio, nor is buying Scratch Crazy along with Winar is U "diversifying."  

~
noobthegreat

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

...You can't invest without giving your money to strangers...

If you can't invest without giving your money to strangers, you should not invest.  This, again, should be obvious.
I share with you that factoid in the same spirit as this one: If you can't fly by jumping off tall buildings, don't do it.

While flying is a thing, and though it seems unjust that some can do it while others can't, what you're proposing here (jumping off tall buildings and hoping for the best) prob'ly won't make you happy.

Nor are you likely to learn flying by repeatedly throwing yourself off buildings and other tall places, even though this subforum is dedicated to just that.  I know baby birds seem to do it that way, but you're not a baby bird.  
Sorry to be such a downer.

*Also: "...my portfolio (in line with diversifying via risk-reward)" <==a collection of used scratch tickets is not a portfolio, nor is buying Scratch Crazy along with Winar is U "diversifying."  

~
Well, it was good while it lasted. We return you now to your regularly scheduled trollfest.
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:24:26 PM

^And yet I still try.  A wit once pointed out that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.*  This subforum is a long and sordid record of fraud, theft, and plain old-fashioned failure, but success?  Folks always point to just one example:  early days of ASICMINER (which, for the past year, has been declining like so):

If we're to take the above-mentioned wit seriously, this forum is a hotbed of lunacy.  From my past experience in these forae, I have concluded that relying on anything that whiffs of reason and logic results in outbursts of rabid rage from the locals.  Not my desired effect.

Wat do?

I'm currently experimenting with my own, home-baked version Absurdism:  Hiding the message in a wholesome blend of bombastic rhetoric spiced with aged netspeak and served in a bed of decorative gifs, with a side-order of infantalia.  Allows the advanced/terminal cases to discount the whole thing as "trolling" (less anger), while those in the earlier stages of dementia are still able to benefit (like a dog swallowing bitter medicine wrapped in bologna).  It's a long shot...

*Albert Einstein is credited.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:16:37 PM

@NotLambChop: While I agree with Tom's sentiment that voicing concerns is a good thing, presenting only rhetoric unbacked by solid facts only serves to highlight the speaker's lack of true understanding of the situation.

I suggest that if you wish to constructively contribute to the conversation, you present whatever facts you may have to hand or arguments based on pre-established facts.  Posting arguments based on pure speculation only serves to increase the risk of making you look foolish.
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:55:26 PM

...Posting arguments based on pure speculation only serves to increase the risk of making you look foolish.

ORLY?  Looking foolish in this thread?

SamboNZ

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:08:45 PM

I rest my case.
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:40:13 PM

Look, I understand.  In your mind, you are an important person who makes and rests cases, whose opinions and advice matter, a man respected and revered by his peers and...  let's be honest, the sooner you face reality and put these preposterous delusions behind you, the sooner we can start to rebuild.  And stop worrying about "increas[ing] the risk of making you look foolish."  Start instead with the basics of adult life--like not "investing" your coin in intertubes pseudonyms.

~The road to mental health is just around the corner!"--Dr. Evans Smiley
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:35:44 AM

Shell it out, fellas. $$$
tricomp

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:33:35 AM

The price volatility in BTC over the past few days has been awesome. If CoinReturn was able to navigate  all the ups and down effectively, i think we should be in for a bounty dividend. If not a major loss. With the slight delay in divs, lets hope it is taking a long time to count all the big profit  or deciding when to stop booking the profit.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:30:06 PM

The price volatility in BTC over the past few days has been awesome. If CoinReturn was able to navigate  all the ups and down effectively, i think we should be in for a bounty dividend. If not a major loss. With the slight delay in divs, lets hope it is taking a long time to count all the big profit  or deciding when to stop booking the profit.
I'm sure they did catch the dips, I was just checking in late last night after being drunk so I'm surprised I was even coherent in my posting after looking back on it. Grin
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:06:50 PM

Nice volume there...

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:42:58 PM

^Quick flips or panic sells by some that bought at .005 or .007
GanderFly

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:16:54 AM

Ummm is anybody concerned about no dividend payout yet for June 13th?
SamboNZ

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

Meh, so they're slightly late for the first time ever (other than CS issues), give them a bit of time, they'll come through.  Maybe they actually have lives?? Smiley
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:07:58 AM

Not too worried yet.

*operative word here being 'yet'

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:35:49 AM

Not too worried yet.

*operative word here being 'yet'

I guess they are having their free weekend.

I like sceptical questions. but just riding on fear emotions and thoughts and speculations is bs.

also warning people by making them fear by rhetoric speeches is bs. therefor notlambchop is on my ignore list. welcome!

I think Jeff and Tom making a very good job. Thanks.

SamboNZ

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:16:14 AM

I believe that it is Father's day in the US today, so that may partially account for the delay plus the VERY quiet day on the crypto markets in general today!!
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:53:46 PM

Lol @"VERY quiet day on the crypto markets in general today."  Your intertubes must be clogged.
And though Father's Day comes but once a year to US, every day is PWN a Sucker day.
Traditionally, this day is celebrated with clueless rubes doubling down on losing bets.  
The opportunity is particularly interesting for you--it will cost you ~1/2 as much to double down today as it would have just a few days ago.  
Such a bargain!

@johny08:  Never heard of you, but being ignored by even the least and the most irrelevant of amateur financiers breaks my heart.  When I think of the Active Miners and NEO BEEans who so vocally ignored me...

~Happy investing
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:58:04 PM

I believe that it is Father's day in the US today, so that may partially account for the delay plus the VERY quiet day on the crypto markets in general today!!

I don't understand why stuff like this always comes up in threads like this. I don't know if the missing dividend/update is the end of the world, but do you really need to make up excuses for the guys? Father's Day has literally been on the calendar for this Sunday for over 100 years, if it was going to cause problems with the dividend/update they could have and should have mentioned it before.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:43:21 PM

Should be a nice lump sum payment tonight. I assume they played the volatility pretty well and have been waiting to score orders based upon it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: