Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your HODL motivation  (Read 776 times)
Cryptogames999

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

Help the victim scammed by ColdKey

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:07:11 AM

I don't have any HODL as of now and lost all the hopes in alt coins along with BTC. 2018 is bad year for crypto and getting totally loss of my money.

SCAMMED 0.7+ BTC       ★   Charity Auction   ★      COLDKEY SCAM (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5434623.0)
nguyenthao8x

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:30:27 AM

I hold because I trust the crypto will grow well in the future. Particularly Bitcoin, when it is accepted by everyone, it is likely to become a real currency.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
amia1864

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:38:51 AM

There are already a lot of people interested in Bitcoin. And a lot of companies have accepted the BTC. That's why I believe in future BTC will bring me wealth. So I bought and will keep it for at least 5 years.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:45:59 AM

I am still hold some altcoin because I can trust how the power of holding some altcoin, I know many profit taken by hold some altcoin with long term. l faced with some coin could reached more than 200% profit after holding about one years.
surely it takes patience and a very large conviction of course to be able to withstand a period of time long enough to wait for high confidence and patience is the main capital in doing so
Well i think that it is not also that easy to have patience and hold your coins for a long run. Human tendency usually goes somehoe greedy and also peoples lack a lot in patience. As soon as the coin starts dumping a bit, peoples get panicked and sell their coins in panic. It usually does not give any great profit and also it affects the demand and supply for the specific coin.

If we think about the major HODLERS who HODL their coins(Bitcoins) fron 2009/2010 to 2017. They made enormous profits by doing so. This is a great motivation for me as asked by the OP. This makes me get into the cheaper coins and hold them atleast for a year. Buying and selling on short term is nothing that great and can only give you some satoshi but if you are holding for a major time, you can surely get to earn a major part of bitcoins.

If we consider the markets currently, they are much close to inflation and the value for money decreases in much part as the time (years) passes by. In thia situation, investing most of your money can prove much profitable which can even make you set your financially stable life ahead.
ptcntt-gold

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:46:57 AM

I don't have any HODL as of now and lost all the hopes in alt coins along with BTC. 2018 is bad year for crypto and getting totally loss of my money.

That's why people need to be patient and not sell their coin too soon. The market will recover quickly in the coming time. I think hold would be the best way to avoid losses and make higher profits.
batuhantstknn

Activity: 566
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:59:02 AM

To be honest I don't have any motivation for HODL my tokens, I invested a large of money so I have to wait them Sad

Community & Social Media Manager
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:11:11 AM

My HODL motivation is the rate of the price increase last year,
I am hoping that we could see another increase like that or maybe just another x5 or more.
Stavr1992

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:01:12 AM

I believe in the blockchain technology, but now it is difficult to make money on trading. The main strategy for earning now is Hold.
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:34:16 AM

Bitcoin value motivated me much and it is good now to hold bitcoin for future now the market is very tough and price is low so i want to get benefit from speculation so i want to sell when the prices goes up and it is expected that it will rise soon.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
mejalipat

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:28:38 AM

My motivation for continuing to hold Crypto is because I am sure that the crypto currency has a good future and will continue to grow so that when prices go down I will continue to hold because I believe crypto prices will recover soon and will be profitable
SIDDHI777

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:23:30 AM

For me the hold motivation right decision to recover our loss money, Kiss basically 80% people already getting lossing their money in the crypto market now this moment.so lower price situation need to hold moment everything.

Of course when the prices are low the best thing to do is be more patience and hodl digital currencies because if someone decided to sell crypto assets during a situation like this both profit and investment can be lost so the best decision would be to hodl and wait bit more period of time until the price come to a level that can give a good return on investment

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:33:29 AM

I am still hold some altcoin because I can trust how the power of holding some altcoin, I know many profit taken by hold some altcoin with long term. l faced with some coin could reached more than 200% profit after holding about one years.
surely it takes patience and a very large conviction of course to be able to withstand a period of time long enough to wait for high confidence and patience is the main capital in doing so
Much patience is needed for holding long as the price go down but take also chance to add more volume on holding especially for potential coin that will surely recover and going to give good profit in the future. Holding is worth when you really wait for the good price and do not lost confidence on keeping the coin.

SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:45:12 AM

In a few months, it would be ten years since the first transaction was made on the bitcoin blockchain by Satoshi Nakamoto (whoever he, she or they are). A decade down the road, bitcoin has grown in many aspects, adoption, value, circulation. And with just a couple of bitcoin yet to be mined, we are entering a new phase. And we might only have a few of the early adopters left in the bitcoin space, some bought a couple of pizzas and some cashed out during the series of pumps we have had over the years, some also panic sold during dumps.

What motivates you to Hodl?

Hodling or more conventionally put, long-term investment has always been a part of financial and commercial investments. And people were quick to identify the potential of profits in cryptocurrency due to the high volatility. And it was accepted it as a digital asset.

Hodling in such a space which is prone to wide sudden fluctuations is easier said than done. The emotional strain. One of my biggest motivation to Hodl is recognizing that bitcoin is not a pump and dump scheme, this for me is the most important motivation to hold. And you would be less bothered by intermittent value drops and rises.

If you are into bitcoin for the product and not profit, then you would be less interested in the profits and more interested in its increased adoption and application. Then you can view it as national currencies, which have value based on what it can purchase, but bitcoin has more applications as it is built on the blockchain technology.

Some can stay away from active participation, and it is possible to combine trading and hodling.

- A trader can also be a hodler. You have to set out your priorities and set aside a portion of your capital. If you're trading the same currency, (eg bitcoin), it would help to have a seperate wallet where you store you frozen assets and those available for trade.

Of course you should have disciplined yourself and learnt how to control your emotions and whims, otherwise you can't Hodl successfully.

What do you hope for the future?

This currency still has a long way to go, and of course we all look forward to a day where bitcoin would be an accepted global currency, that can be used to make purchases both online and offline. I lean more to online, as the world is going digital.

Increased adoption would also be helpful to governments and the citizenry, especially in developing countries, like Nigeria. And we are sure to discover other applications of the blockchain technology, as the qualities of transparency and decentralizatiom would be invaluable in those states.

What's your biggest fear?

Centralization. Bitcoin was created to be an alternative to the conventional banking sector. And to give it's users freedom and control, complete control. I fear a day where we would Los that control to governments and banks.
And I don't think global regulation is imperative for mass adoption.
The system was well designed to function without any control or supervision. And it's users need not to trust any human factor but the technology, the bitcoin technology.

my motivation is i believe that bitcoin and altcoin still have the opportunity to rise because many countries have used cryptocurrency. sooner or later all countries will legalize bitcoin and that will make prices rise.
Andika23

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:47:43 AM

My main motivation is to see technology every year will continue to grow and I am sure that crypto will continue to grow in the future, I will continue to hold all the coins I have until the market will show the green light, I hope in 2019 it will rise again as in the year 2017 which shows that the price of bitcoin reaches $ 20,000. And hopefully in 2019 and onwards the price of bitcoin is more than $ 20,000 and Crypto is legalized throughout the country so that it can be accessed by all communities around the world.
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:50:36 AM

My motives to hold was i want to see the price of bitcoin will give a huge of value after so many days to come so that i can sell my bitcoin at the high price for more profit. Holding is the way of successful of patience or here in crypto you have been made.
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:52:03 AM

the only one reason why i motivate my self to hold is "crypto is the future". we all,see all the advantage of having crypto in our community. therefore as i thinking that sooner the whole world will use crypto and this is all investors waiting for at the beginning, hold until all people and governments use it, obviously the price of it will surly rise, expect the unexpected event.
player1001101001

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:01:32 AM

My motivation for HODL is I wanted to recover my loss which I have been facing it since from the beginning of this year. That's why I am not getting distracted because of the price. I am gonna holding my coins until I cover the loss and make some profit.

█ https://www.gooreo.com/ █ Gooreo​ - Decentralized Career Platform!  █ https://t.me/gooreo █
innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:04:15 AM

The reason and my motivation to HODL is the history of bitcoin last year. The price of it went rocket to 20,000$ and I am assuming, hoping, and praying that it will go again like that. And also, my hodl motivation is my crypto enthusiast friend saying that bitcoin's price before this year ends will boom.

PanGiMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:08:54 AM

In a few months, it would be ten years since the first transaction was made on the bitcoin blockchain by Satoshi Nakamoto (whoever he, she or they are). A decade down the road, bitcoin has grown in many aspects, adoption, value, circulation. And with just a couple of bitcoin yet to be mined, we are entering a new phase. And we might only have a few of the early adopters left in the bitcoin space, some bought a couple of pizzas and some cashed out during the series of pumps we have had over the years, some also panic sold during dumps.

What motivates you to Hodl?

Hodling or more conventionally put, long-term investment has always been a part of financial and commercial investments. And people were quick to identify the potential of profits in cryptocurrency due to the high volatility. And it was accepted it as a digital asset.

Hodling in such a space which is prone to wide sudden fluctuations is easier said than done. The emotional strain. One of my biggest motivation to Hodl is recognizing that bitcoin is not a pump and dump scheme, this for me is the most important motivation to hold. And you would be less bothered by intermittent value drops and rises.

If you are into bitcoin for the product and not profit, then you would be less interested in the profits and more interested in its increased adoption and application. Then you can view it as national currencies, which have value based on what it can purchase, but bitcoin has more applications as it is built on the blockchain technology.

Some can stay away from active participation, and it is possible to combine trading and hodling.

- A trader can also be a hodler. You have to set out your priorities and set aside a portion of your capital. If you're trading the same currency, (eg bitcoin), it would help to have a seperate wallet where you store you frozen assets and those available for trade.

Of course you should have disciplined yourself and learnt how to control your emotions and whims, otherwise you can't Hodl successfully.

What do you hope for the future?

This currency still has a long way to go, and of course we all look forward to a day where bitcoin would be an accepted global currency, that can be used to make purchases both online and offline. I lean more to online, as the world is going digital.

Increased adoption would also be helpful to governments and the citizenry, especially in developing countries, like Nigeria. And we are sure to discover other applications of the blockchain technology, as the qualities of transparency and decentralizatiom would be invaluable in those states.

What's your biggest fear?

Centralization. Bitcoin was created to be an alternative to the conventional banking sector. And to give it's users freedom and control, complete control. I fear a day where we would Los that control to governments and banks.
And I don't think global regulation is imperative for mass adoption.
The system was well designed to function without any control or supervision. And it's users need not to trust any human factor but the technology, the bitcoin technology.
Well, in General, it is a very good way to keep the coins to your advantage, but as in another way you can find yourself in a risky situation where you have to choose and one wrong choice can be a failure for you.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:10:19 AM

i believe that hodling is for the patient people such that they can be patiently wait for something that has a potential to grow or increase a value, hodling can also say that you are engaging to a long term investments. And i believe that the main reason for motivation on hodling is the good quality of what you hodl. It's quality that has potential to develop and increases its price in the long run you can gain profit out from it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: