Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:17:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token price dropping after ICO, why so?  (Read 32288 times)
kanmo

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:47:47 PM

Its actually not a new thing because some investors don't even care about what they invest in an ICO. Most of the ICO investors dump the bonuses they get during ICO and also decide to drop the tokens they bought at a very ridiculous price.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
veter2601

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:12:58 PM

At the moment, bad time for listing tokens on the exchange , as the market is in bearish trend this contributes to reducing the price of tokens . Another reason may be participants in the bounty of the companies that received their awards and drained them for a minimum price , thereby reducing the cost of the token . And the basic fact that there are projects which are not development of the product , but simply to make manipulation of the price of the token.
Necroface

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

simply getting the job done

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 08:14:10 PM

after ico, everybody wait to be rich, they wanna sell in that second by 5x 10x  but some people gets them without money, from airdrop, from bounty, from presale by bonuses or just the team of the project, and they start to sell for a low price, and some advisors scare of the price and they sell too, selling decreases the price, easy!

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                      
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:20:31 PM

This is due to the fact that the market is going down if the market grew as it was in winter 2017, then the prices for tokens after ICO would also be high, but when the market drops, it is very difficult to keep the price flat at ICO.
new_crypto_world

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:24:40 PM

I have taken part of some ICOs and everytime their token price goes down after the ICO.. why is that so?

EDIT:
oh, nice.. that was helpful and pretty much what I was looking for.. thanks for sharing

Hey

That might be helpful for you to understand the reason behind it - http://cryptoandblockchaintalk.com/why-do-prices-drop-when-an-ico-ends-27

Take care!
it was useful for me as well. thanks for the question and for the update
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:28:24 PM

It's just a coincidence mate because market still stagnant which is common reason why ico token price  suddenly drop as well, but don't worry keep holding because soon if the market gain enough strength to stabilize, the token price from that ico will gradually increasing again as well along with bitcoin and other alternative coins in the market just put more patience don't be hasty .

Most of the hunters will dump their rewards, and merely that's how worst ico went on after the successful launch. However, if demand continues to increase around the market it will recover as well.
We need to stay closer to that market and as a trader patience is our keys in order to achieve what dreams we had while we're still on the struggles of crypto right now. Be confident enough and don't lose your grip on crypto.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:54:44 PM

I think the reasons cannot be fathomed or predicted
Even after delayed listings amongst others
It still dumped merciless on exchanges  and no one has been able to figure a lasting solution

I think once the product is good and functional
The price will rise again
Pikachu18
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:54:45 PM

I think it was the bounty hunter or the airdrops which cause of dropping value after Ico. Huge airdrop and hunter will dump ICO value with their payments. On the other hand, the cryptocurrency market is very bearish. It also depends on the Supply and demand of the coin. But Still, it will rise one day And break down the value Of ICO
braves182

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 12:03:27 AM

I think now 99% of the coin price falls after its listing on the stock exchange. especially if the exchange is low liquid. With such depression that is now  on crypto market, in general I don't see sense to small investors to buy during ICO, it is simpler to buy on the exchange. Cheaper.

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:09:36 AM

because there is no demand in the coins. many sell their coins but few are buying so it is no wonder that the price will drop. if no demand on the coins then the project would be the problem. the project could be in development or the project is useless.
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:17:27 AM

In this weak market, only some hot ICOs gain in price while most others will drop due to bounty hunters selling and profit taking.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:24:10 AM

I don't think all ico tokens have a case like this Even though for now I see too many ico tokens that have not ideal prices when they first enter the market
it's important to look at their roadmap when we start investing with their tokens and I think it's just a matter of strategy and products that are always not prioritized and prefer to quickly enter the market.

STUDENTCOIN