Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:48:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token price dropping after ICO, why so?  (Read 32288 times)
Serg33vnik

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:12:44 PM

I think this is due to the fact that bounty hunters try to quickly get rid of tokens and translate them into more reliable coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:26:06 PM

Token price drop after the ICO simply because market are in red! Whatever happen to higly capitalized coin will eventually affect every other coin expecially tge newly listed token. The best thing to do is to hold for higher price later!
swartzias

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:04:31 PM

Because it wasn't the best asset. You don't. Sometimes this is due to low expectations of investors, sometimes with a large number of bounty hunters.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:12:13 PM

Because it wasn't the best asset. You don't. Sometimes this is due to low expectations of investors, sometimes with a large number of bounty hunters.
It can be pump and dump or only dump. Bounty hunters and investors during pre-ico dump their tokens, bounty hunters because they will earn whenever they dump and pre-ico investors usually get bonus token so it is win-win for them.
Tokens can be pumped, and when dump starts everyone is in panic and selling tokens no matter what.
twkasun7

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:37:41 PM

Collecting Money from the ICO is really hard these days.They are giving more discounts & offers while their token sale .Also spend more tokens for marketing like bounty programmes.So when token getting listed lot of Investors try to sell their tokens cheeply.I think this is the simple reason for instant price dropping.

●● ● Me\/u ● ●● BET ON ANYTHING, ANYTIME, AGAINST ANYONE ●● ● Me\/u ● ●● (https://www.mevu.bet/)
JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:56:52 AM

It seems to me that tokens price falling immediately after the completion of ICO for two reasons. First, if bounty-hunters are paid immediately, then by selling their tokens they contribute to a sharp price drop. Secondly, because of the recession in the crypto market, new tokens cannot receive the required volumes of liquidity, so  they fall in price several times.

bahnfire

Activity: 139

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:55:48 PM

Because there is no any money left in crypto space. People dont want to buy newcoins. They are not trying to find any risky things. After now people only holding their tokens for next bull market so new coins in exchanges can not find a liquidity and that cause dump . Flippers want to sell their tokens immediately as always . and there is no buyer so price start to decrease. and after panic selling surely.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:10:25 AM

It can be pump and dump or only dump. Bounty hunters and investors during pre-ico dump their tokens, bounty hunters because they will earn whenever they dump and pre-ico investors usually get bonus token so it is win-win for them.
Tokens can be pumped, and when dump starts everyone is in panic and selling tokens no matter what.
It's a win-win if the price of coin touch the ico price but if that will be even lower than the ico price and they were actually getting a lot of disadvantages. That depends on how much order that will be putting by the speculators to support the buy order of that coin. I guess if that will have a very strong support and then the dump will not happen.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:43:54 AM

There is a number of reasons for this.

1- The private group that is actually getting the tokens with sometimes 80% bonus.
2- The early phases bonuses that are offered by the project for the public they usually call it the pre-sale bonus then round 1 then round 2 and every stage or phase of them have different bonuses.
3- Bounty hunters selling their tokens to liquidate their rewards.

All this case the instant drop in price in most ICOs while you think -50% from original price is considered to be loos it most certainly is not loos for the for anyone who bought at 51%+ bonus so imagine 80%+ bonuses.

These reasons are indeed true but i would like to add that i just heard from the others in which i don't know if this is true or not that one of the reason of why ICOs price suddenly drop on the early days after it was unlock was that the ICOs owners were the one to sell some of unsold tokens to cover the expenses and for a sure gain. I don't know if this is true or not but i just want to confirm the possibility or this is just a hearsay.
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:04:43 AM

Do you guys have any examples of the prices going up after the ICO? I read that it goes down a lot, but what are the situations where it goes up instead?

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:34:49 AM

Too large a bonus and also the bounty provided will indeed be a threat to the market to be declining. that's the reason why many ico experience a big decline when they are listed on the market

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:37:10 AM

Too large a bonus and also the bounty provided will indeed be a threat to the market to be declining. that's the reason why many ico experience a big decline when they are listed on the market
Indeed, for Pre-sale and also Private Sale, usually the bonus can reach 50% and of course it's actually not good when entering the market. the threat of a dump is huge. especially if they are looking for profit and go when the market listing
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:56:44 AM

I did not see the discount of the token after the ICO affected by the bounty. You say the bonus is too big? It is only 100-300k and equates to 1% of total ICO revenue. So the fall of the tokens is due to the market going down, unrelated to the bounty and the bounty hunters

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:06:31 PM

Indeed, for Pre-sale and also Private Sale, usually the bonus can reach 50% and of course it's actually not good when entering the market. the threat of a dump is huge. especially if they are looking for profit and go when the market listing
Pre sale holders are the big impact with value to fall after hitting exchange, those bonuses that early buyers have can pull down the value most of those investors knew that taking this early opportunities will just give them win win situations, we can't blame bounty hunters as they only have small portions
of the actual funds, maybe the dumped can be felt a little but if the project is for real, developers have it's own ways to deliver and make certain changes.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:24:37 PM

Do you guys have any examples of the prices going up after the ICO? I read that it goes down a lot, but what are the situations where it goes up instead?
I can't give you an ICO that went that way.
Most of the ICOs that I witnessed went through a dump.
And after that dump if that project was being maintained very well it goes up.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:35:39 PM

The first thing to consider should be: did the ICO reach the hard cap?
If it didn't, then supply outstrips demand - there are tokens left over at ICO price with no-one willing to buy. This means that the highest buy order when it hits exchanges is very likely to be below ICO price.

PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:50:20 PM

The first thing to consider should be: did the ICO reach the hard cap?
If it didn't, then supply outstrips demand - there are tokens left over at ICO price with no-one willing to buy. This means that the highest buy order when it hits exchanges is very likely to be below ICO price.
Following the regulation of ICO and cryptocurrency industry, the Government of Malta decided to draw attention to the developing field of artificial intelligence (AI). During the last blockchain summit, the government announced the creation of a special body that will develop a strategy for the development of AI. Therefore, in the ico company market, problems will be solved quickly.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

- I do not think the reward for a bounty is a big problem because it only accounts for a very small part of the project, even bounty hunters also have no chance to sell tokens when they received the reward at a very late time, so the problem is not in the bounty. I very doubt the problem is the investors, they gradually realized that the projects were no longer too attractive and no longer profitable, especially in a very bad market situation like now, selling quickly when there is profit is their decision, they want to ensure safety and not loss but that thought has led to the collapse of the token after it is listed

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:26:56 PM

- I do not think the reward for a bounty is a big problem because it only accounts for a very small part of the project, even bounty hunters also have no chance to sell tokens when they received the reward at a very late time, so the problem is not in the bounty. I very doubt the problem is the investors, they gradually realized that the projects were no longer too attractive and no longer profitable, especially in a very bad market situation like now, selling quickly when there is profit is their decision, they want to ensure safety and not loss but that thought has led to the collapse of the token after it is listed

Not sure I can agree with you here. Investors usually think about it as a longer-term investment, while bounty hunters and speculators are just there for a short run, for a quick buck. Which means they would be selling off their tokens as soon as they hit the exchanges. Some investors might follow because of the FUD when they see the price dropping drastically. But, I don't think that it starts from the investors.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:53:29 PM

I did not see the discount of the token after the ICO affected by the bounty. You say the bonus is too big? It is only 100-300k and equates to 1% of total ICO revenue. So the fall of the tokens is due to the market going down, unrelated to the bounty and the bounty hunters

It seems to me that the members of the community are all beginning to accuse the Bounty Hunters of falling prices, but in any case this is not so. I understand the negative statements in the direction of bounty hunters.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: