Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:20:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to trade altcoins?  (Read 1842 times)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:26:59 AM

I think the main question doesn't change from the main bitcoin to any little small coin and anything in between. The proper time to trade has always been during either stagnant markets like we have right now or bull markets. If the price of any coin reaches to a point that last 30 days has been over 100%+ increase it is time to stop trading it for a while, at least watch it from afar before going back in.

If something has fallen a lot recently it is exactly the same, start watching from afar before trading. The best time to trade something is while its standing still without a move or when its just going up but hasn't gone up too much.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:28:09 AM

At the current market a big NO.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:23:16 AM

Hello everyone. So recently I've been trading bitcoin for alt coins as I find that alt coins are far more volatile due to lower volume compared to Bitcoin and thus more profitable when it comes to day trading. Any great alt coins I should be looking into for trading? I'd like to hear your opinion on this method of trading!

In daytrading its always been advisable to use those fast moving crypto that means this is not bitcoins,amd asking about what are those?Well ots your responsibilities to find them because we don’t want to be blame if ever the coins fails you

Bitcoin is for long term holding as this is a slow moving cryptocurrency but surely safe ,but as what ive said for long term and not for daytrading
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:10:52 AM

Trade altcoins which you can handle the movement of price in the market as when you opt to choose day trading. Always come to the point the huge risks in trading whereas the volatility are at high stage and really depends on bitcoin market. Choose and always find time to search a most profitable altcoins in the market.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:49:55 AM

Trade altcoins which you can handle the movement of price in the market as when you opt to choose day trading. Always come to the point the huge risks in trading whereas the volatility are at high stage and really depends on bitcoin market. Choose and always find time to search a most profitable altcoins in the market.
if you ask about time, we will not know when the time is right, because sometimes the altcoin price suddenly rises to a high price, and sometimes becomes a low price. when you see a coin, look because the coin is useful in terms of your needs, because whatever the price, you might still use it.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:06:10 AM

Hello everyone. So recently I've been trading bitcoin for alt coins as I find that alt coins are far more volatile due to lower volume compared to Bitcoin and thus more profitable when it comes to day trading. Any great alt coins I should be looking into for trading? I'd like to hear your opinion on this method of trading!

For easy to you to find a good altcoins you should look in coinmarketcap where as you can easily determined which has good market and might you think has potential for daily trading. When you proceed daily trading you must keep on monitoring the market to avoid mises the good fluctuations of your altcoins.
vinjan

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:40:10 AM

yes your choice altcoin is good for trading but for now maybe you cant expect big profit. pick the good coin and invest it and if markets stable you can sell
millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:42:52 PM

And that best time is when you know the market is generally in an uptrend. Usually, altcoins are pretty volatile and you want to be very careful during a bear market until there is a clear direction.

One thing though is that even if you want to trade any market and depending on how volatile it is, you should always take your stop loss into consideration a whole lot so you do not end up counting your losses at the end which they are easy to move down fast much most of the time and in a bear market, you really do not want to do it without some discretion and discipline as the case may be.

kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:19:25 PM

I think the altcoin trade is a fast trade, especially supported by a large volume. so it is very vulnerable to losing money. Although so many traders speculate based on news, issues, and rumors. without knowing how many people use their technology. look at coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/ many tokens have increased irrationally. the decision is in your hands ...
pwchan001

Activity: 118
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:29:48 PM

I would invest in newly launched altcoins that have a fast grpwong community and with low price (i.e. 1 sat), because they have high possibility of increasing by several times in value.

Welcome to feeless future! (https://discord.gg/tdN4ue6)
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:26:07 PM

I think it's very good, when you come to the altcoin trade. I don't say this right. but what you say is real. altcoin is very profitable for daily trading. there is no big altcoin specification for this. because the most important is the rapid price fluctuations sought. and the average is in the altcoin that has a low trading volume.
raghovsing34

Activity: 333
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 04:37:26 PM

Anytime you can start trading with altcoins. But it will better  to trade when price of altcoin went down. Cause if you buy that time, then you will get more income after price increase.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:31:07 PM

If you are going to trade altcoins with a very low volume then more than anything you need to watch your trades very closely and you need to have a point in which no matter what happens you're going to get out of your trades, I say this because there is a chance that those coins disappear while you are trading them and you don't want to be the person holding those coins that have no value anymore.
Edsemen

Activity: 413

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:51:55 PM

yes your choice altcoin is good for trading but for now maybe you cant expect big profit. pick the good coin and invest it and if markets stable you can sell

As we meet our goals in crypto coins that we hold for long terms, we should trade our asset when it has gained a good price. Trade during higher profitable gains and buy at lower value. Wait for the market to increase a sustainable demand and you'll be surprised in the future that your asset is growing successfully.

Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:42:54 PM

At the current market a big NO.
Its hard to say when to trade, it will just depend on the coin you have right now. If you see your altcoins moves 10% everyday then I think trading with it is quiet profitable. Yes, we are still in a dump market but we can still trade and have some profit you just need to be careful and do a lot of research before you do day trading.
kemetz

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:47:28 PM

to do daily trading at this time altcoin is indeed very good to be able to get at least a little profit from nothing, because for too long we can only wait for the market to recover to increase its value.

it's hard to see a market that is still declining to find good altcoins, but if you have a signal and a good analysis of the movement of each coin on the market, you can make a profit.

connect08
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:36:26 AM

It is important to minimize risk understand the market before betting anything big, buy low, sell high, diversify between trading and investing, always observe on the major political events related to cryptocurrency world. You may want to follow some well trusted experts and popular channels for getting latest updates, news and trends in the cryptomarket.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:01:28 AM

You should know that a volatile thing is easily lost. Because of the low volume, the altcoin can easily be manipulated, so consider investing before it's time-sensitive. You can lose everything if you invest in altcoin. I think you should invest in Bitcoin to make a profit. The decision belongs to you.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
zeref dragneel

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:47:42 AM

as you know almost all altcoins moves depend on bitcoin's price.when bitcoin price is stable, people start to buy altcoins.first of all, there is no "great" altcoins.if you want to make some money with daily trade you dont have to trust it's tech or team etc.
for catch the fomo you can check news of exchanges (new coins to list,competitons), following the roadmaps may help you as well.
the easiest way is buy at support, sell at resistance (i want to say once again btc's move is the main rule), also you can check rsi for oversold, moving averages and some other indicators if you want.

there are tons of videos to learn technical analyses, it really helps.

dont trust anyone especially fenomens on twitter.

first rule is dont lose your money so use stop-loss.

be patient

dont try to sell on top, dont try to buy on deep.realize your profit, dont be greedy.

if i act like you are beginner and you are not im sorry Smiley i wanted to tell all i know to help you and who read this.
i am actually a beginner in this.i dont know the proper way to trade with altcoins.can you please help me with your knowledge and experiences?and in a fact i am workless from the day bitcointalk changed its rules.i am demoted from jr. member to newbie.because of lacking merits.and so i cant even join on a project to collect any coin to trade with. thank you for listening. Smiley
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 06:44:50 AM

We all know, from "far" it sounds profitable because price can change very fast every day, especially if have high volume. But when you do it, it will be stressful if we jump into day trading and a lot of people will suggest to do long term trading.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: