Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not invest in ICO anymore. Do not Feed scammers  (Read 4980 times)
lotfipro

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:56:11 PM

I think you are wrong. Now the market is falling bu it's only one cycle. Later it should be growth and the volume of ICO market will recover. So the tokens of these projects will rise again.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:49:04 PM

I think you are wrong. Now the market is falling bu it's only one cycle. Later it should be growth and the volume of ICO market will recover. So the tokens of these projects will rise again.

I also do not agree if we are prohibited from investing in the ICO.
Although there are many ICOs that cheat but that is not all, so there is no harm if we still invest in ICO.

some ICOs failed or just cheats are true, but that doesn't make me think that all ICOs are the same, because actually there are still many projects that are really serious about running the ICO.
Nastinmel

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:02:53 PM

I do not think so.  I think that we will see a lot of great projects that will collect the required amount and bring their contribution to the development!

I guess smart people who choose good projects, don't feed scammers and don't waste their money in vain. For example, ontents protocol UDAP terrawatt are nice and are aimed at the development of the market!
BillyBelmonte

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:56:43 AM

Without ICO projects will not be able to achieve great popularity, + who will consider some project from Taiwan. Everyone wants to see those born in Silicon Valley and nothing else.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:40:54 AM

ICO era is gone! Stop feeding serial scammers. Stop funding these cash grab nonexistent projects.
The World Do not need new tokens at all. We got enough shitcoin for next 100 years.

Well if there are a real project (With trustworthy Team) which is really willing to distirbute Their tokens! There are Many ways Without Doing ICO!

ICOs should just get funded from VCs and do an airdrop to community.

Most ico can be done open source on github for free.. the greed in creating all of these project is stifling growth. A lot of innovation come from free open source project from passionate developers.

Im 3 years in this field and strictly advice you do not invest in any ico at all.

What Do you think guys ?
I think you are too judgemental! Maybe some ICO's lately are full of scammers and fake start ups. But i still believe that some of them are honest and very useful platforms. Vigilance is the key to identify the shady ICO's out there do some researched before investing and avoid the hiding in the dark ICO's!
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 11:44:48 AM

It is not true that ICO represent scam, just like mining or trading, there will always be some bad element in any financial endeavour or business sector. ICO is one of the best tool for raising funds for cryptocurrency start up and we should not throw the bath water with the baby!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 01:13:29 PM

ICO is going through a very difficult time, which should lead to changes, or leave the market, or somehow improve, of course, not in favor of the scammers, but for the benefit of society and those works of talented brilliant developers for whom ICO was created. In the meantime, it remains only to carefully filter them for fraud.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
nekorakoeora

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 06:45:22 AM

ICO is still a field that could be promising. It's just a lot of scam and eventually many were gullible because not doing good research analysis at the ICO. but many of the ICO are springing up and of course, there are some pretty good enough for promising investments.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
danfred

Activity: 304

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:43:56 AM

ICO era is gone! Stop feeding serial scammers. Stop funding these cash grab nonexistent projects.
The World Do not need new tokens at all. We got enough shitcoin for next 100 years.

Well if there are a real project (With trustworthy Team) which is really willing to distirbute Their tokens! There are Many ways Without Doing ICO!

ICOs should just get funded from VCs and do an airdrop to community.

Most ico can be done open source on github for free.. the greed in creating all of these project is stifling growth. A lot of innovation come from free open source project from passionate developers.

Im 3 years in this field and strictly advice you do not invest in any ico at all.

What Do you think guys ?

What a tough position you have. Personally, I think the ICO era is just beginning. Understand, the mechanism of work is only being developed and improved, and you have already been disappointed in all this.
larrylegend33

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:49:14 AM

ICO projects was very cool, i used to join them with a great joy! I remember that the ICO times were very short like 1 hour and i had to wait online for buying. In 2016 and 2017 i made quite good ammount of money with ICO's. After the ICO i could sell my coins like 1X3 price in minutes. But know it is totaly different. When you invest an ICO project, it would takes months to trade them in exchange. Also more than %70 ICO were scam in 2018 and thats why i am not going to invest any ICO anymore!
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:53:47 AM

I think it is not proper to tell people what to do with their money.  We can only advice not instruct.  I think more due diligence should be carried out on the ICO we may be interested in investing into.  ICO have benefited lots of investors in the past and with right ICO,  investors can still make more profit on their investment funds!

erickbarkley29

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:59:37 AM

I understand your frustration coz I almost sold all of my coins.  but good thing, I didn't allow myself to be totally carried away by my angst.  I guess mature coin owners will not be scammed for as long as they can smell a dirty transaction miles away.  
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:04:35 AM

This is not true. There are projects with an already working product, which raise funds for its improvement, and there are those who are just going to develop their exclusive product. Considering these options, it makes sense to invest in projects with a working product.
And not all projects need to be attributed to scamers. Many people are really working on their product and it’s not their fault that the market is in such a bad state.
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:07:01 AM

OP is right, the era of ICO is over. In fact, we don't need so many new coins at all. Most of the tokens now seem useless, just in exchange for Bitcoin and Ethereum in our hands and we just got a bunch of shittokens. Stop imagining ICO and stop investing in ICO.

bellaayu

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:37:13 AM

Stop not investing in ICO, I don't think that's a good idea. Because we can actually avoid fake ICO, if we are careful and check the Development, Team, and Achievement of token sales. There are still many ICOs that are good and give us benefits.

oxoxoxox

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:44:54 AM

Although I know that there are many scams in the ICO project, I am still considering a problem. If everyone has given up on the investment in ICO, will hunting work disappear?

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
ggeorgeokafor

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:55:58 AM

i believe we just have to extra careful.  i don't usually go for new ICOs. 
markovicmarge

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:21:28 PM

there are still a few that can be trusted.  check hacked.com for their reviews.
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:48:10 PM

I don't agree that the era of the ICO was that we didn't need new projects. It is simply necessary to regulate the activities of such projects and guarantee investors safety in investing. It will be great if in case of fraud or unsuccessful fees, all funds will be guaranteed to be returned to investors.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
jemarie20

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:11:28 PM

You have a point in that word because most ICOs now are scam, so its hard to choose where to  invest to earn money right? so its better to stop investing in some ICOs if you are not sure that those ICOs are good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: