Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:23:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: harmonization of fiat and crypto  (Read 22930 times)
arbifahrozy

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:39:19 PM

agree with you if fiat will not be replaced by crypto, because fiat is very dependent on the country's economic stability. it is very chaotic if fiat experiences fluctuations. fiat and crypto collaboration may make the country's future economic system, and I agree if that happens

nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:07:50 PM

I don't agree as well with the statement that fiat will die and bitcoin will replace it, because however i think fiat is the best and suitable thing for currency or payment or anything. Although it lacks for many things, but bitcoin is also lacks for many things. And having a change is not a easy thing and i bet not many people ready for this.
I prefer both of them, fiat and cryptocurrency and complement each other, support each other and make something that can be better for our economy without destroying each other. If we can have both, why not?

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:29:16 PM

Fiat currency is way too established to be replaced by cryptocurrency anytime soon. I also don't believe in people saying fiat and crypto can't coexist, well guess what? It's both existing now and both are doing fine. It may not be what we expect but perhaps this is what's meant to happen: for both to exist and be used by people for different purposes.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:38:44 PM

I have read several threads that say "fiat will die and will be replaced with crypto" as you agree? I personally do not agree. because when the real system is already established in value and a new system comes with a fluctuating value, the government will not take that risk. But do you agree if Fiat collaborates with crypto in building a future financial system? without killing one system. share your opinion about this.
Regardless of our desire, fiat will not disappear anywhere and no cryptocurrency, neither decentralized nor centralized, will replace it. No government will ever make such a decision. The national money of each state always reflects the state of the economy of this state and is always associated with it. Cryptocurrency is in no way connected with the economy of any state and therefore cannot replace with itself national money. She can walk only along with national money and in this plan will really coexist with her. There are no other options here.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:16:01 PM

I have read several threads that say "fiat will die and will be replaced with crypto" as you agree? I personally do not agree. because when the real system is already established in value and a new system comes with a fluctuating value, the government will not take that risk. But do you agree if Fiat collaborates with crypto in building a future financial system? without killing one system. share your opinion about this.

I think that the growing trend is that countries will try to incorporate crypto into their fiat currency more and more, in the form of national cryptos. Just like what Venezuela has done, and India and others are looking at doing.

To me, I don't think that it's very likely at all that fiat currencies will ever replaced by decentralised cryptos because the government would simply never be willing to give up their control. Centralised cryptos could potentially be issued though in lieu of paper based fiat currencies in the future.

However, there will be a place for decentralised crypto in my opinion and an extremely big one. The most likely thing to happen in the future is the coexistence of decentralised cryptos and fiat, with many merchants that would accept both currencies.
Palodar

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:38:04 PM

Fiat currency is way too established to be replaced by cryptocurrency anytime soon. I also don't believe in people saying fiat and crypto can't coexist, well guess what? It's both existing now and both are doing fine. It may not be what we expect but perhaps this is what's meant to happen: for both to exist and be used by people for different purposes.
Yeah their both good being together, it's give ease to everyone. Being comfortable in each transactions as well an option which ever available.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
bezygly

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:36:35 PM

I think the balance will come in a few generations. Now, we are the generation that is accustomed to fiat currency. Our descendants will use mostly cryptocurrencies. That's when we all will not be active market participants (someone will die, someone will be old), then the financial system will change.
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:38:00 PM

maybe it can happen if you look far ahead, but although fiat physically changes to crypto, the function and treatment of crypto will be the same as fiat before, but with the advantages of crypto technology.
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:30:55 PM

I think the balance will come in a few generations. Now, we are the generation that is accustomed to fiat currency. Our descendants will use mostly cryptocurrencies. That's when we all will not be active market participants (someone will die, someone will be old), then the financial system will change.

right, it's still a long time for cryptocurrency to replace fiat currency. i don't think right now, given the many obstacles that must be faced. of course for short and medium term we expect many stores that facilitate payment using crypto

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:30:55 AM

I don’t think the both of them can work together. If you think they can, then how exactly do you think that is going to happen? What areas is cryptocurrency going to fill in? There is no way for both to work together. Fiat can be used both offline and online. Things are alright the way and there is nothing more we need. The both should be working differently on their own lane as they are doing now.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:01:50 AM

Regardless of our desire, fiat will not disappear anywhere and no cryptocurrency, neither decentralized nor centralized, will replace it. No government will ever make such a decision. The national money of each state always reflects the state of the economy of this state and is always associated with it. Cryptocurrency is in no way connected with the economy of any state and therefore cannot replace with itself national money. She can walk only along with national money and in this plan will really coexist with her. There are no other options here.
Absolutely, knowing where the government stand with decentralization anyway and know the threat it means to them. However, the main thing I am sure of is the fact that there would be some harmonization in which we will see fiat and crypto going hand in hand.

Even when we start seeing real life usage, there would still always be some instances in which fiat will always be relevant and that makes it impossible for us to see fiat go down the drain because of crypto. Government even in the long run will be using the blockchain to come up with their digital currency and maybe with that, we will get to see a new era in which we will just see the whole market going concurrently.
Palodar

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:21:58 PM

agree with you if fiat will not be replaced by crypto, because fiat is very dependent on the country's economic stability. it is very chaotic if fiat experiences fluctuations. fiat and crypto collaboration may make the country's future economic system, and I agree if that happens
We still need our fiat, crypto can only be an option for some transactions to make it easier but it fiat will always be useful especiall if your in your own country.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:28:35 PM

I do agree with the part where you say "Fiat will die and crypto currency will take over". At least not now. Replacement might take more than few decades if that is about to happen which is very unlikely. Though, fiat and crypto currencies might start being used side by side instead of one replacing the other. We might even see different nations trying out their own crypto currency (though i doubt they are going to be decentralized) and make them mainstream.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:57:24 PM

We still need our fiat, crypto can only be an option for some transactions to make it easier but it fiat will always be useful especiall if your in your own country.
Fiat will always be the main trade between traditional traders and that is a culture that may not be eliminated,although there will be an increase in one country by launching Crypto.Of course people believe that fiat is the culture they say dude,so this sounds difficult but the future of the world through crypto is a very good breakthrough.

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:27:40 PM

Agree or not, it’s certain that Fiat won’t be able to be replaced by Crypto, both have their own functions which can never be replaced.
Both fiat and crypto cannot collaborate, maybe in some countries there have been successful fiat collaboration systems with crypto, but there are some who reject crypto because they considered it as a threat that could disturb the stability of fiat money of the country.
ghermghuda

Activity: 284
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:42:49 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2018, 06:23:01 PM by ghermghuda

Well, I think that's the dilemma that's currently being deliberated on by the world leaders. They love this new technology but they're not willing to give up their beloved son (fiat). They'd want to make sure they don't kill the new innovation by the youngsters. Anyway we hope they all become clear so that people can trust and grow this new system.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:19:12 PM

Though, fiat and crypto currencies might start being used side by side instead of one replacing the other. We might even see different nations trying out their own crypto currency (though i doubt they are going to be decentralized) and make them mainstream.
I think that people are working against themselves more so than governments are working against them. People really need to start looking at things differently and for once accept that fiat serves an actual purpose.

Fiat can scale to become money for the entire world, while crypto can't and never should be attempting to do so. Let people conduct the majority of their transactions with fiat and leave the more important ones for crypto.

The less crap we throw into the blockchain, the longer Bitcoin can continue to be operated in a more or less decentralized manner. That's why Bcash will find out later that on-chain scaling is the wrong path to follow.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:08:08 PM

The future of cryptocurrency holds a lot in view with the fiats. The fiats and the Cryptos are currently having a good relationship except for which financial governing bodies might see otherwise. Though the use of fiats might decline as time goes on but it will be in a mutual method.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
alexhunter54

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:21:39 PM

there is no need for fiat to die in my opinion because now banks started to not carry even cash anymore and every payment is made electronically and cash has no fee for payment so I think a symbioses would be the best as you mentioned as well
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:29:07 PM

Fiat will always be the main trade between traditional traders and that is a culture that may not be eliminated,although there will be an increase in one country by launching Crypto.Of course people believe that fiat is the culture they say dude,so this sounds difficult but the future of the world through crypto is a very good breakthrough.

yes, fiat will always be there no matter what. the fiat system has very good foundation that crypto is not yet ready for it. the high volatility in crypto is one significant factor to consider. but yes, this is really good breakthrough in the financial system. so many people already got the benefits out of crypto. as you can see, there's already collaboration going on with crypto and fiat, as you need to convert your crypto to fiat to have real value in the market as not all payment systems accept crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: