Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: harmonization of fiat and crypto  (Read 22930 times)
HAYVNGlobal

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2020, 01:58:26 PM

What Covid19 Showed Us About Bitcoin
Christopher Flinos, Co-Founder, HAYVN, www.hayvnglobal.com

Bitcoin has lost about 35% of its value in the last month's market rout. Many feel it shouldn't have. That it should have rallied like gold and Clorox stock to protect investors in times of market capitulation. This resulted in a discussion amongst the management team about what is Bitcoin, how should investors define it and its role as a safe haven. This digital currency has been compared to a currency, a commodity, an investment asset or even said to have no underlying value at all. So how do we see it after being on the receiving end of it this month?

We can begin to define it by understanding what Bitcoin has shown us. It has no positive correlation with gold… no matter how much we wish it was. It has no negative correlation to share prices, investors don’t rush to it when other markets are plunging. It has no 'end of the world' premium or value when a virus is perceived as threatening our way of life. Coronavirus was the perfect storm for Bitcoin, an end of days style event, and it failed.

So therefore by definition Bitcoin can’t be a safe haven because a safe haven is an investment that is expected to retain or increase in value during times of market turbulence. Bitcoin doesn’t do this. It is uncorrelated to the market (has no relationship) rather than negatively correlated (goes up when others go down) as there is no negative correlation coefficient. You can see this in the way it appears to randomly trade upwards or downwards regardless of real world news. It also isn’t a hedge as it doesn’t reduce the risk of any other asset as there is no statistical correlation to rely on. So it’s uncorrelated, volatile, not a store of value or an alternative to the USD, it is not a safe haven and can’t be used to hedge anything accurately.

So in the absence of it being anything else, Bitcoin at the moment is just a diversifier. Diversifiers are non-traditional assets that provide exposure to different groups of investment opportunities. They are complementary assets that sometimes include real assets, real estate, currency, alternative stocks and alternative bonds and in this era, Bitcoin and the other digital currencies. And they are a critical part of any investment portfolio. Something that satisfies the human mind that it isn’t part of the herd that missed out when the price of Bitcoin takes off and yet something to dismiss as unimportant when it plummets. Something that a portfolio manager can allocated 1% into to give some diversification to reduce the volatility of an overall portfolio. Yes… Bitcoin is a diversifier and should have a responsible place in any portfolio. I don't think Satoshi created it so that it would just be a diversifier. ..  he had an expectation that it would be so much more. But its trading pattern and its movements in times of crisis betray it. No safe haven, no hedge, no alternative currency, just another store of value losing value in a market downturn. A diversifier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 03:27:13 AM

I don't think Fiat will ever be destroyed because the world becomes digital Fiat will remain because it is But the mixture of fiat and crypto isn't an equivalent Some differences exist between the 2 But the virus features a detrimental effect on the 2. The crypto market has grown tons since then But Fiat is slowing down day by day. it's under the control of the govt and it improves with the economy of the country But crypto has nothing to try to to with the virus or the economy of the country.

meto012

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 11:35:35 AM

I don't think Fiat will ever be destroyed because the world becomes digital Fiat will remain because it is But the mixture of fiat and crypto isn't an equivalent Some differences exist between the 2 But the virus features a detrimental effect on the 2. The crypto market has grown tons since then But Fiat is slowing down day by day. it's under the control of the govt and it improves with the economy of the country But crypto has nothing to try to to with the virus or the economy of the country.
there are high chances that we won't see fiat same as it is right now in the next decade.
however I do not believe it will be btc or eth or whatever there is on top of cmc right now.
It will be digital govs backed financial instrument, basically d-usd.
FanatMonet

Activity: 742
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 12:45:32 PM

Cryptocurrencies can never completely replace fiat money. If I have banknotes in my wallet, then I can use them whenever I want and where I want. And if I have cryptocurrencies, but my phone is dead, or I don’t have internet, then this is a big problem.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
April 08, 2020, 06:39:07 AM

Cryptocurrency would not replace the fiat currency, it is only a good alternative to it. It would be so hard to adjust by the country that will replace the fiat currency by cryptocurrency because there will be so many process before it happens and many people are used in fiat currency, fiat currency will still be better in cryptocurrency because it is for daily use, we can use fiat to buy foods anywhere we want, even in sari-sari store but cryptocirrenct cannot, and one thing is the volatility of cryptocurrency, the canges of value time by time which is really not good to be considered as a standard currency all over the world.
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
April 16, 2020, 04:01:02 AM

there are high chances that we won't see fiat same as it is right now in the next decade.
however I do not believe it will be btc or eth or whatever there is on top of cmc right now.
It will be digital govs backed financial instrument, basically d-usd.

Although it's a digital government-backed financial instrument there'll be coordination between Fiat and Crypto. They both got to add reverse Fiat will never end albeit the crypto is over Crypto already has Fiat.

verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 07:37:19 AM

I think FIAT can support Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies because enough has already been accomplished for banks to consider it as a financial system that is being created and has been supported by the community. The best endorsement is the people who use it and have accepted it and that is when the banks must pay attention to it because there is a well-known dictum that says "The customer is always right".
Regarding FIAT and cryptocurrencies must exist because not everyone can access Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Due to several factors: technological infrastructure, knowledge, among others.

coolbaughandrew

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 11:13:25 AM

I believe that cash money will die and replaced by digital currencies, but fiat is here to stay.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 06:57:47 PM

I have read several threads that say "fiat will die and will be replaced with crypto" as you agree? I personally do not agree. because when the real system is already established in value and a new system comes with a fluctuating value, the government will not take that risk. But do you agree if Fiat collaborates with crypto in building a future financial system? without killing one system. share your opinion about this.
But what if fiat would be sustained by blockchain technology? What if there will be a determined value of fiat money like the volume in the market of american dollar and the same amount can be available only backed up by blockchain?
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 06:08:00 AM

I believe that cash money will die and replaced by digital currencies, but fiat is here to stay.
True, because it's impossible that this world will be going decentralized.
Paper money would even stay but the demand will be less now that the internet is getting faster, we are at 5g now, so it's very suitable for online transaction, crypto is an online currency but as long as the government will create a digital currency, it will be use for more people than crypto.

Whether we like it or not, we have a government and we will remain centralized.

aakay

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 03:57:15 PM

Crypto currency running on a decentralised setting will in some way be a hindrance to this cause i don't think government will totally give in to a system where they can't control a single part of the system. But anyways who knows, anything can happen
sunshinelegit

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 12:12:13 PM

Crypto will never kill fiat. But it will play huge role in the economic sphere. Process of the convert fiat in crypto and back should be more clear and available for all people. How much problems we have now  with commissions, taxes. We need more projects, which can be like a bridge between crypto and fiat. Good example - gekkoin. Also I hope that in one day my bank will offer to buy crypto
ser7878

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 01:17:23 PM

I wonder why people hasn't started to think of acquiring more cryptocurrency now with the Coronavirus outbreak.
The global economy is in high recession and Fiat money is going to lose value.
Some European countries started to acquire cryptocurrency and blockchain even before this pandemic happened.
Afaik Germany already use some of cryptos as financial instruments and there is a list of banks who accepts crypto as it too.
So the progress is decent already.
And we should not forget about digital yuan which is going to come in the market (only local market I guess) very soon, like during this year. China in general is far way ahead of western countries in terms of crypto adoption
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 10:19:43 PM

I wonder why people hasn't started to think of acquiring more cryptocurrency now with the Coronavirus outbreak.
Some European countries started to acquire cryptocurrency and blockchain even before this pandemic happened.
Afaik Germany already use some of cryptos as financial instruments and there is a list of banks who accepts crypto as it too.
So the progress is decent already.
And we should not forget about digital yuan which is going to come in the market (only local market I guess) very soon, like during this year. China in general is far way ahead of western countries in terms of crypto adoption

If they are doing that it means we have to be faster and accumulate more. Many of us here believe in
mass adoption of crypto-currencies. And that's the future in my opinion, for 10 or maybe 20 years who
knows, we are living fast and technology is making a huge steps every year.
   Harmonization already exists, people can trade between fiat and crypto-currencies in anytime. But
I believe that over time people will lose interest in fiat, younger generations will not even know what
cash is.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 12:52:58 AM

I have read several threads that say "fiat will die and will be replaced with crypto" as you agree? I personally do not agree. because when the real system is already established in value and a new system comes with a fluctuating value, the government will not take that risk. But do you agree if Fiat collaborates with crypto in building a future financial system? without killing one system. share your opinion about this.
Cryptocurrency will not replace fiat because Fiat has got the full support of the governments all over the world. Rather, fiat and cryptocurrency will co-exist under strict rules in the near future. Many cryptocurrency projects like Hubrisone and DIVI are working towards this hybrid approach to make fiat/crypto usage and conversion easy as possible for users.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:16:45 AM

I agree that fiat cannot be replaced by crypto, moreover fiat death is impossible. I also believe the government does not
let fiat die, then from the best and realistic way is fiat collaborate with crypto. That's the best financial system in my opinion,
and I'm sure this will happen in a few decades.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 262

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 03:47:55 AM

As Fiat is generally centralized its demand is low and the damage is high We can easily compensate for the loss in crypto but not in the case of Fiat Fiat currency is priced because it is stable. The crypto market is volatile so if the price goes up we can double the profit Crypto from Fiat is very popular and you can rightly say that Fiat cannot be replaced by crypto. If there is a combination of Fiat and Crypto the demand for Crypto is higher in the market.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
dady12

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:03:06 PM

It is losing value at the moment, but it will actually gain value after outbreak is over - because it will gain usage again
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 445

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 05:33:39 AM

Demand for this speciality has grown significantly as a result of recent corporate scandals since there is no third-party control everyone can use it as they wish so the demand for crypto is higher than Fiat and crypto will become more popular in the future but Fiat will never die. Fiat currency will generally survive depending on the country's economy even if the price of crypto goes up and down it will help to brighten the future.
The problem is This will never happen mate, because for sure opposition will always present and US will never let their Dollars be replaced by this digital currency.
So this issue for me is already settled and let us not Give False hope for others.

I agree that fiat cannot be replaced by crypto, moreover fiat death is impossible. I also believe the government does not
let fiat die, then from the best and realistic way is fiat collaborate with crypto. That's the best financial system in my opinion,
and I'm sure this will happen in a few decades.
Unless time comes that everything will be run by computer,then chance will be there.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 10:59:02 AM

The one that said fiat will die will going to die first before fiat does. The evolution of technology may be fast but not all can afford to buy digital device for digital currency. So, if fiat will be eradicated then it will be in the future where all people had digital devices like smartphones. Beside it is still better to have a fiat and digital currency as an option for doing an exchange.

There are many threads stated this but none of them all are correct and could provide any link for studies about fiat and digital currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: