Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:53:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: will tether collapse?  (Read 1218 times)
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:36:46 AM

hi guys i just wanna ask if it is still practical to hold or use tether now, because im hearing negative issues that it might collapse soon coz its centralize and can be created without backing of real USD?

What are your thoughts?

Based from its origin, Tether has been specifically designed to maintain its stability because it is backed by fiat currencies. As we can recall its history, it was started trading in February 2015 and in November 2017, millions of Tether coins has been hacked. Furthermore, this definitely affect its reputation, and doubts has been build which may affect the fear of collapse. But I think, this will always remain to be stable and probably already make their security more upgraded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 12:37:26 PM

It's just a normal FUD tether won't collapse,  it's just a normal manipulation of the market by whales,  as you can see it has an effect on bitcoin going up,  tether won't collapse it will still be strong

i think its not a fud its a fact! among the stable coins ount there and to name are $DAI, $PAX, $GUSD, $TUSD, $USDC and TEHTER which would you like to choose? only tether has no audited backing among them..

i would reject tether and choose the first  five of the stablecoin list, and diversify my portfolio among the five which has the backing of dollar audited, unlike tether, though im not a fan of coin pegged to dollar but that 5 list is legit for me
Tether is already on the verge of collapsing. New exchanges are rejecting it, there are various other options that are more legit than tether, auditing is a problem with tether, investors and traders who use it to hedge already lost the trust, and in that case, I believe there is nothing left for tether and it is just a scam that would end up imploding pretty soon and we will all see it happen eventually unless may be the team are able to gain that trust back but for now, I feel they have gotten so greedy to some extent that they have done shady things with tether they are now trying to cover up.
Although I did not read too much information about tether but I still felt it came very close to collapse because a lot of bad news about them is published, even a person who does not care about news like me, I can still know the bad news. It means their prestige has fallen dramatically, market capitalization also encountered many problems, competitors are trying to encroach on tether land, with such a situation, it probably can not continue to exist

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:35:57 PM

It's just a normal FUD tether won't collapse,  it's just a normal manipulation of the market by whales,  as you can see it has an effect on bitcoin going up,  tether won't collapse it will still be strong

i think its not a fud its a fact! among the stable coins ount there and to name are $DAI, $PAX, $GUSD, $TUSD, $USDC and TEHTER which would you like to choose? only tether has no audited backing among them..

i would reject tether and choose the first  five of the stablecoin list, and diversify my portfolio among the five which has the backing of dollar audited, unlike tether, though im not a fan of coin pegged to dollar but that 5 list is legit for me
Tether is already on the verge of collapsing. New exchanges are rejecting it, there are various other options that are more legit than tether, auditing is a problem with tether, investors and traders who use it to hedge already lost the trust, and in that case, I believe there is nothing left for tether and it is just a scam that would end up imploding pretty soon and we will all see it happen eventually unless may be the team are able to gain that trust back but for now, I feel they have gotten so greedy to some extent that they have done shady things with tether they are now trying to cover up.
Although I did not read too much information about tether but I still felt it came very close to collapse because a lot of bad news about them is published, even a person who does not care about news like me, I can still know the bad news. It means their prestige has fallen dramatically, market capitalization also encountered many problems, competitors are trying to encroach on tether land, with such a situation, it probably can not continue to exist
guys, actually. Today, the entire cryptocurrency market is in a fever and all the coins are in very poor condition. But in this situation we are talking about problems with the cryptocurrency equivalent of the USDT dollar. I think that this coin reduced the risks of a falling market for many cryptocurrency users who sold coins for USDT to wait out bad times.
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:45:53 PM

It's just a normal FUD tether won't collapse,  it's just a normal manipulation of the market by whales,  as you can see it has an effect on bitcoin going up,  tether won't collapse it will still be strong

i would reject tether and choose the first  five of the stablecoin list, and diversify my portfolio among the five which has the backing of dollar audited, unlike tether, though im not a fan of coin pegged to dollar but that 5 list is legit for me
guys, actually. Today, the entire cryptocurrency market is in a fever and all the coins are in very poor condition. But in this situation we are talking about problems with the cryptocurrency equivalent of the USDT dollar. I think that this coin reduced the risks of a falling market for many cryptocurrency users who sold coins for USDT to wait out bad times.

For now we will just have to watch over TETHER price. I guess the best option left is not to hold  TETHER, instead use the alternate stable coins. That way we can really secure our funds not to go down. If the news was FUD, then it will eventually be forgotten and people will again start using TETHER maybe after 2-3 months.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:47:39 PM

This kind of tokens have been used by some parties to printed more and more USDT. I'm feeling doubt if they can prove it each of USDT or TUSD backed by a dollar. Remember the result of tether audit and it's so vague and it was having a lot of uncertainties thing. It looks like tether will be difficult to go back equal with a dollar for each tether.  Roll Eyes It's so rediculous for a token that backed by a dollar.
Allxblx

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:07:19 PM

I do not trust Tether and wait for others to change their opinion about him! It is time to think again and understand that this project will not lead anywhere. I will be glad when the main exchanges clean it.

ATLANT●ICO
NEW TAKE ON MEDICAL SERVICE
ANN  ● Telegramwww.atlantico-network.ioTwitterFacebook
Markperop

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:28:05 PM

This kind of tokens have been used by some parties to printed more and more USDT. I'm feeling doubt if they can prove it each of USDT or TUSD backed by a dollar. Remember the result of tether audit and it's so vague and it was having a lot of uncertainties thing. It looks like tether will be difficult to go back equal with a dollar for each tether.  Roll Eyes It's so rediculous for a token that backed by a dollar.
I'm a little worried about your words. Do I really make a mistake when I keep a large part of my funds in the USDT? Today, I was calm for the safety of my money in the form of cryptocurrency and hoped for their stability.

HELLO EVERYONE.
Hartmas

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:48:36 PM

And not soon will come stabilization. Vaughn will finish checks on Chinese exchanges - zakolbasilo bitcoin again here and there. Just have time to buy and dump. Tongue Huh
desfira

Activity: 392

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:24:21 AM

As long the company hold fiat same as they have token, usdt will survive. Until now im not recommended hold on central token/coin. Just doin what you thing the best for hold.
if at this time I better hold more coins.
because now is the right time to buy.
do not hesitate with crypto, this will develop every day as long as there are people who buy it.

CLEVER BOUNTY
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:43:29 AM

Even though there are issues revolving around tether collapsing, I don't think it will collapse just because of those reasons. Even though it has its own issues I think tether should be able to respond well.

droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:27:02 AM

I do not trust Tether and wait for others to change their opinion about him! It is time to think again and understand that this project will not lead anywhere. I will be glad when the main exchanges clean it.
Tether coin is quite stable and potential, in my opinion they decline in a short time, they can not collapse completely as many people predict, the end of this year will be the rise of the penny. And all the coins will rise to the moon. so let's wait patiently.

kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:59:59 AM

It's just a normal FUD tether won't collapse,  it's just a normal manipulation of the market by whales,  as you can see it has an effect on bitcoin going up,  tether won't collapse it will still be strong

i would reject tether and choose the first  five of the stablecoin list, and diversify my portfolio among the five which has the backing of dollar audited, unlike tether, though im not a fan of coin pegged to dollar but that 5 list is legit for me

For now we will just have to watch over TETHER price. I guess the best option left is not to hold  TETHER, instead use the alternate stable coins. That way we can really secure our funds not to go down. If the news was FUD, then it will eventually be forgotten and people will again start using TETHER maybe after 2-3 months.
holding a tether can be a security because tether now has a stable price. maybe we can see the price of tether does not experience a significant decrease or increase, but believe me tether will still be the best.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:33:35 AM

If you afraid of this, you can use other stable coins: Gemini dollar (USDG), TrueUSD (TUSD) for example.
Fortunately, more and more popular exchanges list them and we now can choose which one to use.
desfira

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:21:30 AM

Tether and other stable coin in cryptocurrency have been the lifeline for many investors and market for stability. Cryptocurrency fiat is good for the market and I don't see issues with tether,  they only need to sort out the dollar backing issue!
right bro, but if for me I am more pleased with the challenges and risks, at an unstable price, then we have a very big chance to make a profit.
because the movement is quite fast

CLEVER BOUNTY
opv321

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:45:08 AM

I  think Tether is earmarked to fail. Thankfully we have seen a number of other stable coins come to market which should insulate some the collapse of Tether in the future.
desfira

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:03:32 AM

indeed the exchange is the main purpose of trading assets by investors.
without an exchange, investors will be harmed, because the items they buy do not function properly.
so the exchange must be used

CLEVER BOUNTY
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:32:38 AM

https://archive.fo/C44kh

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:57:09 AM

I think this completely depends on the fact if it's really 100% backed 1:1 by USD or if they were lying.
However it seems there are already many alternatives.

The audit showed that everything is fine - and I personally hope it is. The problem is that no one has checked the credibility of the auditing company.
If it turned out that Tether does not have coverage, it would be a disaster that would could trigger a crisis for the entire cryptocurrency market for many years.
If it was in fact proven that not every USDT is backed by a dollar then this could create a crisis similar to what happened to MT GOX and the crash that it brought to cryptocurrencies and it is likely it will be a blow that will take years for the market to recover and this is even more problematic if we consider the price of bitcoin crashed already so we could see prices way lower than what we are seeing now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: