Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:51:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you're ~15% in the red, is it crazy to sell?  (Read 2403 times)
shafi alam

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:55:34 AM

Nobody knows what will the Bott be.

Ethereum may never recover, and go to 10 usd or less.

I am holding , but I think its a highly risk move.

There is no shame in selling at 15% loss. Better than sell at 90% loss

Its ok to 15% loss on low amount,  but if its a big amount it could be question.   
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:32:10 PM

If you can't wait anymore time, then you need to sell out at 15% loss.But if you have enough patience and if you invested into a promising project, then wait for price recover.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:12:49 PM

IMO, it is better to sell your coins at a 15% loss rather than waiting until the coin loses 90% of its value. And I am saying this out of my own experience with GBYTE (and some of the other smaller altcoins).
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:22:18 PM

if I become you, I will decide after doing some research. If indeed you feel hesitant to keep holding, there is no harm in selling because I think losing 15% is not too heavy than later you experience greater losses.

meusyou

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 10:20:32 PM

One key attributes of good traders is that they focus on both profit and loss. My advice to you is, whenever you want to enter a trade, ensure you determine how much you're willing to loss and set stop loss according. Also, you should know when to sell.

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:17:37 AM

If I am an investor then that amount of money lost is not going to make me sell but if I am a trader that percentage is simply too much and you should have sold a lot earlier, while it is likely that you could recover from such a loss when the market bounces back that is not a risk you want to take if you are a short term trader since it will take you forever to recover that money.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 08:36:24 AM

Whatever the conditions, of course do not ever panic and fear because you will not be able to make the right choice according to circumstances if you are still panicking. a 15% decrease does not mean a bad thing or maybe the beginning of a bad thing. so don't panic, do technical analysis and you will know what you have to do

But not everyone here can do technical analysis. Those who can wont be here to post in threads they would be using their knowwledge to manipulate the market and make money in doing so. Dont listen to every other person talking about technical analysis because they are mostly frauds trying to pump their own coins or some similar propaganda.

One key attributes of good traders is that they focus on both profit and loss. My advice to you is, whenever you want to enter a trade, ensure you determine how much you're willing to loss and set stop loss according. Also, you should know when to sell.
Willing to lose is ok for a new trader but trust me nobody want to exit at a loss. Would you like to exit a loss? I doubt it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jonhn772

Activity: 280

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 08:52:35 AM

If any traders invest their money on some protensial coins and if they can see that coin has dropped -15. They will still hold their coins. Cause they know that price will increase again after some days or month.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

If any traders invest their money on some protensial coins and if they can see that coin has dropped -15. They will still hold their coins. Cause they know that price will increase again after some days or month.
The dropped is normal in crypto, I even see my coins dropped more than 50% and I still hold and fortunately I was able to cash out with a profit.
Of course that was before when the market is still small and price could rise and drop anytime, but I still believe even if the price is cheap at the moment we can be profitable in we hold.

jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:42:59 AM

The dropped is normal in crypto, I even see my coins dropped more than 50% and I still hold and fortunately I was able to cash out with a profit.
Of course that was before when the market is still small and price could rise and drop anytime, but I still believe even if the price is cheap at the moment we can be profitable in we hold.
We are the same situation as here, I also invested bitcoin last year and deposit it into the exchange to start trading but months go on and until this year market price was drastically down and I can't make a profit for sure when I saw my portfolio was already down at 30% from my investment capital. So, I decided to stop and hold for a moment until I have reached the price amount which I purchased bitcoin before.

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:57:58 AM

I don't think its crazy but its worth looking to see if this would be the worst of the fall because if it starts going green again is worth staying in.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 09:29:20 AM

People who have the patience will continue to hold. Someone may call them stubborn but thats not really true. A good project might need several years to get pumped up and produce on a large scale and during this period there will be change of hands of their shares or in case tokens or coinholders. Then again people come into speculative markets to make money and cashing out their assets does seem normal to those who are looking for only the profit and not a long term valuation.

I don't think its crazy but its worth looking to see if this would be the worst of the fall because if it starts going green again is worth staying in.
You thinking the wrong way. If you are going to sell now you will lose your chance to get into the bullrun because when it starts you will not be able to catch up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Xiroartoni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:40:24 PM

Hey,
I didn't act on the recent crash,,, i had bought at about 230$ markets currently just above 200$
I know the right idea is likely to hold, as the market will go up eventually.. but i predict in the intermediate term it'll go down further.
I guess this is where the psychology of trading comes into play.. I'm in regret and want to sell at a 15% loss in order to have a chance of making the 15% back and then be able to continue trading as i was before the recent dip.

When you're 'marooned' with coins that are worth less than you bought them is the right idea; always to hold?
I just want to practise trading further... and have no spare capital to do so.. 

I know what you mean, buddy. In my opinion it is not necessary to sit to wait for the sea weather. Just see what happens to the coin. Look at the road map, the news background, ask the developers what they are planning in the near future. So you will understand whether to keep it or to sell at a small loss and go to a more interesting coin. The main thing is not to sell the whole cutlet. Use a maximum of 20% of the Deposit, and better than 15% So you will be able to diversify the risk and slowly accumulate capital.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:45:38 PM

Hey,
I didn't act on the recent crash,,, i had bought at about 230$ markets currently just above 200$
I know the right idea is likely to hold, as the market will go up eventually.. but i predict in the intermediate term it'll go down further.
I guess this is where the psychology of trading comes into play.. I'm in regret and want to sell at a 15% loss in order to have a chance of making the 15% back and then be able to continue trading as i was before the recent dip.

When you're 'marooned' with coins that are worth less than you bought them is the right idea; always to hold?
I just want to practise trading further... and have no spare capital to do so.. 

I think the bottom is almost in now. However, depending on a few factors I will pull out of trades where I am in the red if I can inject the leftover btc straight into something that I consider has an even better chance of rebounding harder.

Depends how confident you are in mid term it will sink further. I mean if you are confident it will sink further before the rebound then you must get out then back  in later. I have not had amazing luck in these exact scenarios following that action though. Usually unless there is amazing opportunity I need money for at the time I will not pull out if it is already red unless new news comes to light that makes it look very negative compared to when I got in.

LOL reading that back I have not explained that well so I hope you can get what I mean.

fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:57:31 AM

Its ok to 15% loss on low amount,  but if its a big amount it could be question.   
That seems you are newbie and trying to make good money from low capital in start. Don’t worry about loss. Every single loss ratio that comes to you in new days are golden chance for you to heal your loss with huge profit. They are best teachers that are providing you a guidelines and lessons of your loopholes. You can learn how to deal all of these shortcomings in future.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 08:41:50 AM

I know what you mean, buddy. In my opinion it is not necessary to sit to wait for the sea weather. Just see what happens to the coin. Look at the road map, the news background, ask the developers what they are planning in the near future.
Developers never tell the inside info of their work to people are trading. You think it would be so easy to gather info other that what is already known? If you are a close relative of some developer though then you might be able to get those info but still administration of such projects are generally very strict and allow very little information to leak out.

So you will understand whether to keep it or to sell at a small loss and go to a more interesting coin. The main thing is not to sell the whole cutlet. Use a maximum of 20% of the Deposit, and better than 15% So you will be able to diversify the risk and slowly accumulate capital.
I like you style, but let me remind you that not every coin is for mid-term sell. Some of them are for long term and some for short term. You will understand this classification if you enter the market and trade yourself.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:27:02 AM

Applying some trading skills to investment at times helps in taking this kind of decisions, If you actually know and had placed a stop loss at certain level, this question wouldn't arise. Some traders take losses at 5%,10% and so forth depending on market expectation and analysis. If you hit your stop loss and feel it is time to exit the trade for safety and probably reenter at another confortable low, then you should be getting it right

Rohtox

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 10:33:47 AM

if I always use the principle of stop loss if 10% I don't dare to hold the coin too long because the market conditions are now bad. if it has exceeded 10%, I will stopp loss and look for other coins

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:32:26 PM

Of course you have to look at some conditions first before selling, including looking at the amount of capital that you spend, if I use small capital, I'm not too afraid when the price drops 15%, and there are other aspects that must be seen such as marketcaps continue to decline or not, and others aspects too. I don't set the target what percentage must be cutlose, just according to conditions
Roukawa

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:00:27 PM

It depends upon your cut loss. If you want to go further than 15% before you sell your coin then its up to you. We have our own discipline in trading and we have key principles on what we will do just to make sure we got profits or cut our losses. Your strategy will depend to your strenght in hplding or to your trust about your shares in market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: