Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:12:02 AM

One of the ways to get the public's attention on Bitcoin is to start asking for making payments in Bitcoin in every shop we buy items from. With this, the attention of these shops, companies or businesses will be drawn to Bitcoin and consider integrating it into their payment.
How sure are you that when you’re making use of Bitcoin that others are also making use of it? Using Bitcoin is not going to be a way to promote, and there isn’t much places where it is being accepted and those who are using it as a method of payment would feel disappointed cause they will be losing the money they have in their wallet, unless they will be using any wallet that let’s them keep money in dollars and not only as cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dowellness

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:42:11 AM

Bitcoin is not a good idea as a currency. Although Bitcoin’s goal was to become a currency, Bitcoin now looks more like an investment product than a currency. Its dramatic price fluctuations are not conducive to being a medium of exchange.
I don't think stability of bitcoin can help to make people use it. IF it become as a currency no one use it. Whatever is now is better for bitcoins.
serizawa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:47:43 AM

I think it's difficult because the price of bitcoin is very volatile so there is a big risk but if at some point the price of bitcoin is stable it might be possible for all payments whatever ...
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:55:04 AM

Yes, because maybe bitcoin is not stable and there are no clear regulations that will make bitcoin prices very difficult to receive and even used to make payment methods in all places, only people who have the phrase "accept bitcoin here" then will receive payments using bitcoin.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:58:33 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
What has started has already been started and putting an end to it would be a very difficult thing to do now cause I believe that majority of the people here are investors and they are not seeing Bitcoin as a thing for transaction, rather they are seeing it as a way of making money (investment) so you if you try to stop it, you will see that a lot of people will quit and the price rate and market cap of Bitcoin will also drop. It already serves for what purposes you want it for, it’s left for you to decide if you’re ready to take the risk of holding it.
NoobyIntellecutual

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:13:50 AM

We can make people to start using bitcoin by we ourself start using it as a mode of payment for good and services as this is the major ways people will adopt it.  Bitcoin is the money of the future and we just need to tell people this.
well, we can't force it, because using bitcoin as a payment tool is an awareness that we can benefit by using bitcoin as a payment tool. well, for now, there have been so many trades that use bitcoin for its marketing tools, because bitcoin can be used as an investment tool, like gold.
Yes I also agree with you, I also think that it is not so easy to convince people about something where they do not have any practice experience. I think that it will take a lot of time when people will get knowledge about bitcoin and will start putting trust on bitcoin for investment and to use it as currency.
piterpie

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:40:37 AM

In fact, in parts of Asia, Bitcoin is already being accepted as payment for utilities. Consumers are able to pay their gas, water and electric bills digitally and directly using Bitcoin, without having to convert into local currency. In Japan, consumers can buy electronics with Bitcoin at the largest electronics stores in the country. Even in the US, some local shops are starting to pop up where Bitcoin is accepted as valid payment.Therefor, bitcoins are increasingly accepted as a popular payment medium in the world
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:59:19 AM

Crypto isn't fully stabilize that is why only few establishments are currently accepting these. It happens that only Bitcoin are actively accepted by the community but still it have of limited due to it is mostly considered as an investment rather than of using it as currency to buy stuffs and other services.
It only be there is an increase of users if crypto will be accepted by local and international transaction. 

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:08:13 PM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.

And this will happen, if all people will use cryptocurrency or bitcoin. This is the only thing that will make it stable. No more buyers but this will stays in the cycle just like how the fiat is working. Being used in day to day transactions, paying service, goods and such.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:28:40 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
perhaps for absolute payments such as the applicable fiat currency I don't think that can happen, and in my country the currency has not been fully recognized by the government, and the government prohibits payment transactions directly using cryptocurrency.
In some countries, it is already being recognized. At least, we may not have so much if we want to compare globally, but for now, we have had countries already who are doing everything possible to make their country a crypto friendly environment, and this would actually enable some growth and businesses within the crypto space to thrive in these places, and as well help in boosting their economy. Some are already realizing that and so many more will get to realize that eventually.

Getting people to use bitcoin is just about getting the government to accepting it and regulating it, getting merchants to accept it in a way and then when people start seeing the need and ease it brings to use it; this is where we will eventually get to see some high level of global adoption.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:33:49 PM

Yes, because maybe bitcoin is not stable and there are no clear regulations that will make bitcoin prices very difficult to receive and even used to make payment methods in all places, only people who have the phrase "accept bitcoin here" then will receive payments using bitcoin.
All payment patterns can be changed to any form. provided that it is approved by each country and neither party is harmed by the payment instead they will get a lot of profits
Rhosadah
Copper Member

Activity: 383

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:39:31 PM

all need a process to bring all layers of the world to know crypto and what benefits they can in using the blockchain method, when online trading sites are interested in using payments through bitcoin, ETH and some other supporting crypts that are already known by some online business people, gradually the recognition must come for the blockchain.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:38:03 PM

I think the best option to do that is to show them the legitimacy and the good things it can bring them if they will hold cryptocurrencies either as an investment medium or an asset to be held for value in the future. It can also be a means to be used as payment for purchases and goods if it will be more established in that way. Cryptocurrency has a lot of uses, and I think, that's the very beauty of it that we should actually focus on in order to introduce the it at large.
denuhaqiqi

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:53:28 PM

of course, the first thing is regulation. because to be used as a payment instrument, the government must recognize it. next, we must be able to introduce bitcoin to every level of society. this is important, because bitcoin must get the trust of everyone to be recognized as a payment instrument that has value and can be used as a medium of exchange for an item or service. there is still a lot of time needed for that to be achieved. and that is and is currently underway. how we introduce and show bitcoin as something that is valuable and useful for life, will determine everyone's respect for bitcoin. not just focus on how much value and profit we can make from bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, but more on flexibility and implementation in people's lives.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:19:50 AM
Merited by squog (1)

I think we can get more and more people into crypto currency if they see an inherent value or use to it and that is outside investments. If we see crypto currency accepted in exchange for let's say groceries and other real world applications and not just internet services and online content. People would get on board with it I'm sure.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:57:06 AM

You cannot force people to use bitcoin as currency because there are only a few things as what you mentioned that can be bought with bitcoin. When it comes to our country, I am using bitcoin as currency at times because I use it to pay some of my bills like credit card, phone bills etc. because our platform permits us to do so.

However, not all country has this kind of platform and in case they need money, they are force to exchange it to fiat first because most of the transactions can only be paid in fiat. It would start with the merchants if they would consider adopting it and then people would use it as currency.
It does not depend only on people but in public places holders of products or authorities should accept the Bitcoin or other coins as payment mode which is not common in many developed countries.

However, many countries are accepting it as payment mode especially companies where there friction-less transaction of Bitcoin is very necessary. As long as traders and investors who have business around should accept crypto coins as payment mode after which people will enable to use it.

Exactly, there's nothing to do with the people but it's with the firm itself, or the government who should first consider bitcoin as a currency. People are just consumers.
Yeah, people will always find a way to adapt to things, as long as they discover there is an avenue for them to easily blend in and a lot of it will have to do with the government, to the acceptance and as well as more merchants popping up in that regard to accept its usage.

I would not say things have not been developing in that lane for a while now, as we have seen a lot of development in most countries when it comes to usage and acceptance by the government. I believe there would be so many attempts in the long run as we see even more enthusiasm within the space when it comes to acceptance and global adoption in terms of usage.
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:10:11 AM

So many people already use bitcoins in the virtual world and in the real world, just bitcoin hands are currently tied until the governments legalizes it, then it will be possible to talk about other possibilities when this happens. It is certain that this moment should sometime come.

In my opinion, mostly the people who have many Bitcoins use this crypto as the currency, the money to buy something. The majority prefer to invest in it and trade to earn.
absolutely right and as far as I know, many people use bitcoin to be used as a transaction and investment tool as well as trading, because by investing and trading in bitcoin it really produces
we got money by using bitcoin as trading and investment portofolio.as payment in stores it did not accepted yet ,so it will take more time to happen.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:22:04 AM

I think social media and other way of getting more people to bitcoin and to make them use of it is enough to them to let themselves work to help them. I mean some of my friends that I thought about online currency wouldn't want them to get force if they don't want that's I let them go after I convince them for a reason.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:28:13 AM

I think social media and other way of getting more people to bitcoin and to make them use of it is enough to them to let themselves work to help them. I mean some of my friends that I thought about online currency wouldn't want them to get force if they don't want that's I let them go after I convince them for a reason.

No, social media has a double edge standard. If they have a lot to gain with bitcoin, then I'm sure others will promote it. But if they see social media platform as the best tools to attack crypto then I'm sure we will see a lot of them. The best time to used bitcoin as a currency is right now, why? because its been quite stable so if you have some dust amounts of bitcoin to used then I suggest you find ways to spend it today.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:46:21 AM

We can make people to start using bitcoin by we ourself start using it as a mode of payment for good and services as this is the major ways people will adopt it.  Bitcoin is the money of the future and we just need to tell people this.
Actually no one is going to invest in a weird and new thing they have never heard about. Same is the case of convincing people to invest in Bitcoin. Majority of people in my country do not know nothing about cryptocurrency and since the state has banned investment in the said assets, the television is not advertising or showing anything regarding the technology. We nee to have lessons and books included in our university syllabuses that will be helpful in informing students about this wide and diverse field without which transactions in the future might not be possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: