Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:54:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Percentage of Merit received on old posts, deleted posts, and average per post  (Read 24089 times)
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 09:03:53 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2019, 02:40:42 PM by LoyceV
Merited by Foxpup (5), dbshck (5), suchmoon (4), actmyname (2), DdmrDdmr (2), bones261 (2), mediaBuzz (2), babo (1), Daniel91 (1), Lafu (1), mk4 (1), joniboini (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), Initscri (1), Piggy (1), MiningSensei (1)

Out of curiosity, I created a small script to compare Merit received for posts made before and after the introduction of the Merit system.

Get yours
To get your (or someone else's) stats, just ask and I'll post it. It requires scraping your post history so takes some time per request.

Known limitations
Merit received on non-public boards (such as Investigations) are counted as deleted posts. (Starting August 2, 2019, I scrape posts from a logged in account.)
I use last Friday's Merit data and the current number of posts, this makes the results less accurate.
I ignore all airdropped Merit.

Disclaimer
I might have made a mistake somewhere, if so, please let me know Tongue
I'll sometimes add stats for a user so that I have a reference link.

A few examples

User satoshi (full history)

User theymos (full history)
  • Received a total of 2826 Merit up to last Friday.
  • Received 1513 Merit (53.53%) for 41 (0.59%) of 6940 posts created before the introduction of Merit (0.2180 Merit per old post).
  • Received 1299 Merit (45.96%) for 126 (32.81%) of 384 posts created after the introduction of Merit (3.3828 Merit per new post).
  • Received 14 Merit (0.49%) for posts that are now deleted.

User LoyceV (full history)
  • Received a total of 1135 Merit up to last Friday.
  • Received 88 Merit (7.75%) for 9 (0.26%) of 3404 posts created before the introduction of Merit (0.0258 Merit per old post).
  • Received 1045 Merit (92.07%) for 282 (10.45%) of 2696 posts created after the introduction of Merit (0.3876 Merit per new post).
  • Received 2 Merit (0.17%) for posts that are now deleted.

User LoyceMobile (full history)

User DdmrDdmr (full history)

User mprep (full history)

User hilariousandco (full history)

User hilariousetc (full history)

User Vod (full history)

User Alex_Sr (full history) (why Alex_Sr)

User nullius (full history)

See [overview] LoyceV's useful data on Bitcointalk for more of my forum-related topics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3043

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:27:14 PM

Count me in  , let me see my stats !  Grin

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 09:34:00 PM

Please add me.

Satoshi is clearly cheating. No chance for anyone to beat that.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:11:19 AM

I know mine lol...

Merit airdrop = 1000
Merit earned after the introduction = 45... 'Technically' just a member for now. A long way from becoming a 'self-made legendary' xDD

Satoshi is clearly cheating. No chance for anyone to beat that.

Technically theymos is making satoshi cheat Tongue
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:23:31 AM
Merited by Mia Chloe (1)

It still bothers me up to this day that the new merit system was implemented just around 2 weeks before I was going to get promoted to Hero member.

But whatever. 146(396-250) from the initial merit "airdrop" isn't bad I guess. Nice topic though! Mind uploading the script on Github? Tongue

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 03:51:35 AM

+1. Interested. Good project.
(Please add me to the list, thanks.)

S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:34:17 AM

Merit airdrop = 1000
Merit earned after the introduction = 45... 'Technically' just a member for now. A long way from becoming a 'self-made legendary' xDD
I think you are misunderstanding this calculation. LoyceV is not counting the airdropped merit here.
You have received 45 merits. LoyceV is checking whether you have received those merits on posts from before/after merit implementation.

@LoyceV
Can you please add stats for theymos? Would be nice to see, IMO.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 05:10:41 AM

Could be quite useful to show this information, in particular merits on post deleted and post created pre-merit system.
Are you going to include it directly in the merit profile page of each user?
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 06:26:09 AM

I gave it a go a couple of weeks ago (see Analysis – Personal merit per day, merit per post and ranking-up projections), but on the merit per post I concentrated in the last four months of history for technical reasons (available snapshots). It’s interesting to see the distinction of posts you’ve created, and that you’ve managed to get the number of posts before the introduction of the merit system (I presume you’ve managed to get hold of a snapshot around the time).
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:41:12 AM

You can count me too. Seems interesting Wink
I was just a member when the merit system came and I had not so much content but I can guess what will be the score before the merit - around 41 Wink

Nikisa

Activity: 363
Merit: 217

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:02:16 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 07:15:40 AM by Nikisa

+1 And me add please. I really like topics with statistics. My ratio merit per new post will be approximately 0.49

User Nikisa (full history)

Smiley

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 08:08:23 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 03:42:54 PM by LoyceV
Merited by mk4 (1)

Count me in  , let me see my stats !  Grin

User Lafu (full history)

Please add me.
Errors to fix first Sad It seems to fail on users with many posts.
Update: you have 9 less pages of post history when I'm not logged in (which is what my scraper gets). Vod misses 10 pages. That caused the errors. Here's yours:

User suchmoon (full history)

I know mine lol...

User Thekool1s (full history)

Nice topic though!
Thanks Cheesy Here's yours:

User mjglqw (full history)

Mind uploading the script on Github? Tongue
I won't, for several reasons:
1. I don't use Microsoft products Tongue
2. I made shitty code Sad
3. I don't want to enable more users to increase forum load by scraping more data.

+1

User actmyname (full history)

@LoyceV
Can you please add stats for theymos? Would be nice to see, IMO.
OP already mentioned theymos, I'll add him soon. Here's yours:

User S_Therapist (full history)

Are you going to include it directly in the merit profile page of each user?
I wish I could! But it requires scraping the entire post history (yours is 196 pages), and it would be far too much data to do this for all merited users. Here's yours:

User Piggy (full history)

It’s interesting to see the distinction of posts you’ve created, and that you’ve managed to get the number of posts before the introduction of the merit system (I presume you’ve managed to get hold of a snapshot around the time).
I'm scraping all posts made by a user. That gives me much more information than I need for this, but it's the only way to know for sure which posts have been deleted.
At current stats, you're above 1 Merit per post on average again. I kinda lowered your average (0.9981 Merit per new post) by using last Friday's Merit data and the current number of posts. I'll add this limitation to the OP.

You can count me too. Seems interesting Wink

User iasenko (full history)

I can guess what will be the score before the merit - around 41
Close!

+1 And me add please. I really like topics with statistics. My ratio merit per new post will be approximately 0.49
You added yourself, nicely done. However, I use last Friday's Merit data, so I'd get lower numbers.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 08:32:34 AM

I wish I could! But it requires scraping the entire post history (yours is 196 pages), and it would be far too much data to do this for all merited users. Here's yours:

Yes, it's a lot of pages to parse again from the back log till now, but once that big chunk is done is going to be fairly easy to keep it updated, since you are already parsing the merited messages to get the title of the thread Grin

Anyway, is good to have it on demand as well.
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 09:07:04 AM

Interesting, please check mine as well Smiley

User ETFbitcoin (full history)

2. No problem as long as you don't name variable such as a, b or c. Besides other people might contribute to your code.
Of course not, that would be rediculous, I usually use i, j, k and t for temporary variables Cheesy
Jokes aside, it's all pretty straight forward, anyone who knows any real programming language can easily do it. All you need is full Merit data (currently 6 MB), you can scrape the rest.

Yes, it's a lot of pages to parse again from the back log till now, but once that big chunk is done is going to be fairly easy to keep it updated, since you are already parsing the merited messages to get the title of the thread Grin
For finding abuse, the merited deleted posts are the most interesting part. And that's something I can only find by scraping the entire post history, modlog doesn't show it when a user deletes his own post.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:41:28 AM

Nice topic though!
Thanks Cheesy Here's yours:

User mjglqw (full history)

I'm quite fine with my 146 merits, but yikes 7.53% from deleted posts. I don't know what to feel about that. Thanks though!

Looks like you're going to do a lot of work due to the number of requests. Tongue

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:43:21 AM

Do me! And, if it's not too much to ask, the members of the Vulpine Order of Merit whom you haven't already done or are going to do (Jet Cash, achow101, gmaxwell, and o_e_l_e_o). I'm interested to know if my high expectations for the Order are justified.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

I've slowed down a bit recently, as I've got involved in a few associated projects. I'm trying to improve my efficiency in merit awarding, and that is why I started the snow eagle site. I'd be interested to know how much this has affected my posting behaviour though.

I can add the Vulpine Order of Merit members to my avatar page on snow eagles if you think it would be useful. I'm already finding it handyl to check on the latest posts by the members listed.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:31:34 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 01:14:34 PM by vphasitha01

Can you try for me LoyceV

@LoyceV can you list the users who awarded the most number of merits for the deleted posts?

Btw why you specifically chosen Alex_Sr for your list in the OP? Is he the member who has the most merits for the post that are now deleted?

I'm somewhat confused to understand whether this number is positive indicator or negative indicator when comparing stats Huh

I've slowed down a bit recently, as I've got involved in a few associated projects. I'm trying to improve my efficiency in merit awarding, and that is why I started the snow eagle site.
You're a great asset for bitcointalk as a merit source and well as a good poster. Don't you think you're pressing too hard when awarding merits? Don't be too complicated and analyse so many variables when awarding Merits just give it after checking whether the member is shitposter or not, whether s/he gives something to the forum and whether the user plagarised the post or not. If unspent Merits will remained with a merit source at the end of a month wouldn't do any good for the forum (at least as I see)

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 12:47:05 PM

If unspent Merits will remained with a merit source at the end of a month wouldn't do any good for the forum (at least as I see)

Source merits are a constant flow, and not a monthly update. They are replaced 30 days after being awarded. If they aren't awarded instantly, they aren't lost, it just means a slight delay in their replacement.

Just to clarify the reason for creating Snow Eagle. It has let me play with a new template that I quite liked, and I can use the knowledge gained in building it to create landing pages for domains that I want to sell. It has a positive benefit for me in the forum as well.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 01:29:52 PM

Thanks for the numbers!

Errors to fix first Sad It seems to fail on users with many posts.
Update: you have 9 less pages of post history when I'm not logged in (which is what my scraper gets). Vod misses 10 pages. That caused the errors. Here's yours:

Posts in Investigations etc? Not sure if there could be that many though. Sorry that my shitposting broke your code Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: