Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Facebook against Bitcoin?  (Read 2692 times)
DipDare11

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:39:39 PM

I believe that Facebook has nothing against Bitcoin. I think the reason is that Facebook protects its users from scam projects

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mlsbd

Activity: 516
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:59:11 PM

Absolutely, i know facebook just banned paid advertisement otherwise i think there are no anything wrong.
Bounty hunter still working facebook campaign that means you can like,comment and post in facebook without any penalty.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:07:22 PM

Facebook is a company established with the intention to make profits. From their point of view, if there is anything that could help Facebook to make more profit (in the long run) then there is no reason for them to avoid it and everything else is secondary. I am sure that Facebook will start accepting not only Bitcoin but also other cryptocurrencies if the large user base asking them to do it.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:10:42 PM

As far I know Facebook lifted the crypto ads ban last june 2018.
bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:41:28 PM

Facebook is not against Bitcoin but rather intends to avoid the situation of misleading its community members through its paid advertisement. Users of facebook can post crypto and Bitcoin related topics on facebook without any penalty.

Of course, because I have seen many people have deleted all posts related to the current bitcoin ads and that is light, I also find that Facebook blocked many accounts because there This behavior repeats the spam action.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 04:58:32 PM

I think facebook rethink about crypto and bitcoin because recently they remove the ban of it in their platform and there were rumors about facebook having it's own crypto

sd
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:04:50 PM

Yes, because Facebook wants every user to feel safe when they see content that comes from advertisements, Facebook wants to create a good reputation. So every person making an ad on Facebook has experienced AME because Facebook always filters ads that are considered detrimental to its users
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:38:26 PM

Facebook is not against Bitcoin but rather intends to avoid the situation of misleading its community members through its paid advertisement. Users of facebook can post crypto and Bitcoin related topics on facebook without any penalty.
However I would avoid facebook at all, they are hurting personal data by not protecting them and if they are randomly hacked they cry a bit but everything goes on as usual. I addition I suspect facekook of selling personal data for own profits. Data collecting seems to be very famous on facebook.

Finally facebook is against Satoshis vision, it is centralized and not in favor for its users.

Smiley Smiley
EllenSmith

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:44:52 PM

As you know, negative informtion can be spread more quickly than positive information. Facebook and other social media platform are tool to help these negative news to be read by more and more people. 
shendy

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

Facebook has a good policy, thus reducing any fraudulent advertising, currently, many ico are unreliable, but do not close for information about crypto.
So I think Facebook won't leave Crypto.

hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:59:01 PM

Yes, Facebook does not provide a crackdown on its users or the community to share information about Crypto, only forbids official advertisements, and this is indeed not a real problem just some time ago some people here made it like a problem. so it becomes bad news.
Some people hear it and understand it with the wrong intentions, even though there was never an absolute ban on advertising about crypto there. Yes, with their misunderstanding makes it sound a bad news. Until now, I'm still found some advertisement about ICO information on fb.
tanglong

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:01:15 PM

Facebook will not be against Bitcoin because Facebook seems to think that crypto is at least legal. But they do not want to encounter scam, so they are trying to protect for users.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
socksserver3

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:15:58 PM

I think that Facebook isn't against btc, perhaps, there are certain things that look not very good for Facebook but i don't think that the situation is really very serious. Facebook will approve btc soon
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:53:10 PM

The facebook is not against bitcoin, but it helps to promote bitcoin and other alt-coin in th crypto community for faster information passing across the nation, through a social media communication information posted.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:18:26 PM

Bitcoin is okay with facebook the only thing that most of the people is against is a scam. We knew that most scam projects that popped last year were advertised using their social media so we cannot blame them. People will report the idea of posing and promoting stuffs like ICO in the site that is why if BTC was been against is that it was only dragged by certain projects that were meant to scam.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:24:33 PM

There was a big problem on Facebook - a few months ago, they started blocking all ads related to cryptocurrencies from day to day. A fanpage referring to the crypto marked was also blocked. Fortunately, this decision was withdrawn:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/26/facebook-is-reversing-its-ban-on-cryptocurrency-ads.html

Now it looks like everything is fine.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:28:55 PM

In fact facebook was one way to earn bitcoin because there are social media campaigns. Facebook was also one way to spread what bitcoin is and the reason why the population of bitcoin was continue growing. The only problem here was the interpretation and the misconceptions about what bitcoin because we all know thta not everything in facebook was true some are made to scam people.
Nolivelasco13

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:32:58 AM

maybe yes maybe not, sometimes it's a source of scam and because of facebook they will not know bitcoin
raking

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:49:01 AM

Facebook is banned from all types of ads for virtual currency, including Bitcoin and ICO. This is part of a policy against fraudsters. The book will no longer accept ads that "promote misleading products or services or promote fraudulent behavior." However, he says the decision is not permanent, and Facebook will revisit the guidelines as they have better tools to find and remove bad ads.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:34:05 PM

Actually, I strongly believe that between Facebook and bitcoin is mutual need and does not believe that Facebook will ban or anything against bitcoin. With the progress of Crypto, isn't it an advantage for Facebook to work together and Facebook also earns income from it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: