Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Facebook against Bitcoin?  (Read 2702 times)
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:15:12 PM

Facebook is not against Bitcoin. They have actually removed the ban of cryptocurrency ads. There are plenty of Facebook groups and pages related to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
ningrumxxi

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:18:29 PM

Facebook is a commercial platform. They wanted to ban cryptocurrency ads, but then they changed their minds.

They did not want to lose millions of dollars from the ads they received.
in the world of commerce nothing lasts forever, everything always changes, all businesses must aim for profit we all know that Facebook can run long because of the advantages in it, so if bitcoin is considered profitable for Facebook it can be ensured that it will always be supported and socialized, but if it is potentially detrimental then the nature of the business will speak differently namely refusing,
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:29:31 PM

I thought facebook will make a cryptocurrency that supports facebook. I just do not know it legitimate. However, I think facebook is not against with bitcoin rather Mark Zuckerberg does not want to support ICO's specially that 98% of it are scam. He want to have safetiness his users and banning of ICO's at the wall will assure that no one will become victim of scam ICO, though we cannot judge every ico because some of it are real.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:34:07 PM

Facebook is not against Bitcoin but rather intends to avoid the situation of misleading its community members through its paid advertisement. Users of facebook can post crypto and Bitcoin related topics on facebook without any penalty.
Yes you right, facebook is trying not only to protect it users but also to protect the image of the platform so that it will not be known for crypto scam. Many people has been scam through facebook medium using cryptocurrency, and they know nothing about blockchain. All facebook users should be careful there's no site that offers free bitcoin and almost all the mining advert of facebook are all scam don't be a victim.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:01:30 AM

Facebook is not against Bitcoin but rather intends to avoid the situation of misleading its community members through its paid advertisement. Users of facebook can post crypto and Bitcoin related topics on facebook without any penalty.

Indeed, facebook not againts bitcoin or cryptocurrency, they already just lift ads ban. I think facebook ban crypto ads because many ICOs are scam and they want to protect their user.
I am believe any internet company will support cryptocurrency because cryptocurrency is a new technology and i am believe internet company will take advantages on their member who have crypto
MoreMoneyHunt

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

IQCash

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:09:43 AM

Facebook is not against Bitcoin but rather not allowing or creating the slots of ICO or crypto ads. The reason is that Facebook believes that most of its community members where misled to invest in fake or scam ICOs. However, you can make a personal post about cryptocurrency or ICOs or create cryptocurrency related pages and groups without being penalized.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Myown55

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:21:17 AM

The last time I checked, facebook had no restrictions. People make all manner of posts include those with nude content; they do not get banned? Do they? This shows that there would be no penalty for advertising bitcoin and blockchain. I think we can use facebook to promote cryptocurrencies.  That is a great platform,YH!

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:52:04 AM

I do think facebook has made an announcement regarding bitcoin ads and cryptocurrency alike. I think they have banned all ads regarding such items because it might lead to some sort of scam or something. I think that a lot of people find it toxic that they are bombarded with cryptocurrency ads.

shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:15:34 AM

facebook is not against bitcoin, but only ICO's advertisement you know most of them are scams so they ban only ICO advertisement not cryptos.
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:53:30 AM

What i also notice Facebook is doing now is that they private the number of post you needed to post for a day and if your post looks like a spamming message or post it is also deleted and you can be blocked or suspended.
pooja1982
Copper Member

Activity: 166

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:41:20 PM

All promotion activity of bounty compiagn related to cryptocurrency and Bitcoin are sharing on facebook without any hesitation. And the promoter are earning bitcoin/altcoin/token after sharing the post. So I can say that facebook is not against Bitcoin.   
dawai asmara

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:25:43 PM

All promotion activity of bounty compiagn related to cryptocurrency and Bitcoin are sharing on facebook without any hesitation. And the promoter are earning bitcoin/altcoin/token after sharing the post. So I can say that facebook is not against Bitcoin.   

Facebook is only trying to avoid fraud using Facebook as a tool so that Facebook seems like fighting Bitcoin. I am looking forward to the collaboration between the social media giant, namely Facebook officially collaborating with Crypto, I can't wait to see the success of Bitcoin with Facebook. this will be a very great and mutually beneficial collaboration.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 05:31:33 PM

When Money comews to zuckerburg he will allow Cryptos on his scumbook. I still don't why FBI wont raid on Facebook for scams, illegal photos.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:33:44 PM

It is not against bitcoin but on ICOs. Since some ICOs are scam and facebook itself won't let its reputation on promoting scam ICOs that could make investors suffer due to the ICOs lack of legitimacy and all it did is to steal money. That was several months ago but today I know that they are not promoting ICOs again maybe because they it adds to its revenue on ads.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:54:50 PM

Facebook does not prohibit people from talking about bitcoin and cryptocurrency, Facebook only prohibits ads related to bitcoin and cryptocurrency, and that is clear.
BTCbengi

Activity: 241

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:18:01 PM

Right. Absolutely Facebook users can post ads as well as crypto-related messages without being blocked, it is completely legit. Besides, I also saw the ICO promotional video as well as the crypto posted on Youtube and it is considered as an ad that you have to watch if you click on any video.

TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:41:34 PM

I agree Facebook is not against bitcoin, it is against ICO advertising. And this is understandable, since now there are a lot of fraudulent projects.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:42:02 PM

Facebook isn't against cryptocurrencies but the imposed  rules on paid advertisement of crypto in facebook. They banned many ico related facebook pages to remain safe of its members but in the near future facebook may come on ICOs for their own crypto.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:44:22 PM

I agree Facebook is not against bitcoin, it is against ICO advertising. And this is understandable, since now there are a lot of fraudulent projects.

Yes, it is right. Facebook isn't against Bitcoin but a lot scam ICOs are found recently. They are deceiving people in the name of ICO. So facebook authority have decided not to show anymore ICOs related advertisement in facebook for the safety of the facebook users. That's right from the facebook.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:54:37 PM

Yes, it is right. Facebook isn't against Bitcoin but a lot scam ICOs are found recently. They are deceiving people in the name of ICO. So facebook authority have decided not to show anymore ICOs related advertisement in facebook for the safety of the facebook users. That's right from the facebook.
But I think it depends on how you promote that ICO, not looks like it is spam for them when you advertise ICO. Because lately, still, my friend used Facebook and promoting ICO project via driving traffic. Yes, they are not against on Bitcoin, I saw some pages of users that promote ICO and also bitcoin but they did not get deleted. There's a rumor before that facebook owner wanted to create their own digital currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: