Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:55:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 11457 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:54:08 PM

But hey, I suppose this is all going way over your heads.

Yeah your intellectual acuity has us all gasping for breath.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

It is probably not going over their heads, more likely they are profiting from the scam, either by being in on it or by mining it or by pump-and-dumping it or by trading it (aka by profiting from the pump and dump of it) or some combination thereof.

-MarkM-

Spurious allegations will get you nowhere. Even with 400 amps L)L
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:57:20 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:13:19 PM by toknormal

Here's something for the muppet supporters to thinks about (and I want you to think about it really hard); how will the dev prove that even 10% of the Icelandic population even received a single AUR?

I think you actually mean "how does he prove it to the 'fucktard trolls' on Bitcointalk" and the answer thankfully is that he doesn't have to.

The only people he has to prove anything to are those with a verifiable Icelandic ID number and you'll soon know if there's a problem there because there'll be forum threads full of disaffected Icelandic crypto-nerds complaining that they or their families or people they know were unable to pick up their quota, so stop inventing BS straw man arguments.

but it's a completely different thing to create a cryptocurrency which it's sole purpose is to bail-out a whole country riding on the backs of everyone else's money

LoL ! Really ? So you're conclusion as to the rise in this coin's valuation is that people want to "bail a country out" as opposed to profit from speculation. I'll let others decide how plausable that idea is. Suffice to say that, scam or not, this project has already made a lot of speculators very rich and it isn't the Icelandic nation.
Tay

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:59:23 PM

This could be a load of BS, but hey caveat emptor.  Its the same with FIAT and the same with stocks etc.. gamble with the principle you might get burned.

Seriously, the sheer mass of Alt currencies is what is keeping speculators going, I'm happy to admit I made a few coin buying and selling AUR, its was fun, I was never going to get rich on it. A potential Air Drop of 300k+ of coins isnt a great way of protecting the currency though, perhaps air dropping them first would have helped?  

I've looked at both side to this discussion and frankly neither holds up well to scrutiny. Yup, it could be a scam but I draw your attention to the second line above. Caveat Emptor, it's not great use of Latin but it seems to fit.

Just because somebody is unwilling to do something doesn't prove their guilt or otherwise, Accusing somebody is simply part of the anonymity of the internet shining through, you need a modicom of truth or doubt to perpetuate your story, and lets face it, the "blatant scam" theory hasn't been proven one tiny little bit. Likewise, a website is cheap and quick to make.

Arguing about it here does nothing more than postcount+1

The dev doesnt appear willing to discuss it, a number of the allegations are without foundation.

BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:10:49 PM

Oh guess what aur is 50% up...somebody bought cheap aur  it seems!
Tay

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:39:12 PM

Unfortunately speculators will speculate..
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:13:40 AM

There are 320,137 people in Iceland.  You're not going to get something to each and every one of them for less than the price of (paper) postage.  So unless somebody is coming forward with about $200K in actual cash for stamps, plus 640 reams of paper, 321 large boxes of envelopes, enough printers to push that many paper wallets through in a week, and a whole lot of volunteers to handle the operation and take that truckload of paper down to the local post office (where they will curse at you and delay it at least another week), this isn't going to happen.

BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:42:35 AM

Let's set the record straight

1) I never said I was going to destroy AUR, I said I was going to test out a KGW related exploit and needed a live st subject. That's all I said. Here's the reference.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.msg5550654#msg5550654

2) I never said I cared either way if this is a scam or not, just calling as it blatantly is.

3) I do not give a fuck for either helping or furthering any coin except BTC.

4) The only reason I posted the original thread was to give people notice.

In the past when I have tested exploits on a variety of shitcoins people tend to lose some and the exchanges get pissed etc...Next time I will just do it without warning.

~BCX~

1) You said you are going to test AUR and if it dies you dont care. Obviously you try to twist your words because you are a slave of your ego.
2) You said it is a scam, again you are twisting words to suit you
3)True = you are moron, you dont have the ability to see the AUR potentional.
4) The reason you posted is because you are an attention whore. Next time post on auroracoin forum, cause thats where MOST holders are active.

Do it fag, I dare you. Just delete this account and do your quiet fag test in silence.
Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:59:52 AM

So after you  have been told how much pathethic and retarded you are , you made this shitty excuse for some argument why auroracoin should be destroyed

I want to hire you to write everything for me from now on. like srsly I fkn love this guy.

*edit* one more:

Do it fag, I dare you. Just delete this account and do your quiet fag test in silence.

10/10 LOL Cheesy

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
lphelps

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:29:18 PM

Seems like the system is just designed to inflate it's market cap.

ugh... Market Cap is the measure of how many total shares or in this case total coins are available multiplied by the current offering price.. How would it be designed to inflate itself?? It's going up because people are buying up the coins at lower prices, which creates demand, which in turn drives the price up..

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:01:29 PM

Just saw a C130 and it was dropping coins from the sky.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:38:49 PM

Why people thought it wasn't a scam is puzzling to me. It screams "scam" even more than your typical scamcoin. The claim was too grand, and anyone with an iota of intelligence would see right through it.

Doge is another puzzling case to me. It was was funny for about  3-days, then it wasn't funny at all.

But people are pretty stupid. The developers of both the above coins managed to get a few thousand kids to act as shills and it worked.

No offence meant to the developer of Doge ... you played the system and won.

The Icelandic crap, though, is treading on dangerous ground, with a developer making promises to a community which he knows he cannot possibly meet. This makes Auroracoin a grade-A scam. 

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:15:52 PM

So after you  have been told how much pathethic and retarded you are , you made this shitty excuse for some argument why auroracoin should be destroyed

I want to hire you to write everything for me from now on. like srsly I fkn love this guy.

*edit* one more:

10/10 LOL Cheesy

agreed, that poster is extremely articulate, he should be hired by Hallmark greeting cards. OP please post more zany zingers !  =)

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:19:36 PM

*edit* one more:

10/10 LOL Cheesy

agreed, that poster is extremely articulate, he should be hired by Hallmark greeting cards. OP please post more zany zingers !  =)
he is a great frontman for auroracoin in general.  a true example of what the auroracoin community will turn into when it becomes yesterday's dogecoin.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:23:57 PM

not that brilliant a scam, i never mined this, never will
the reasons are obvious

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:28:49 PM

Agree except i think doge is the worst ever
it's designed to be 'innocent' looking but was obviously a well financed & backed project to turn not only the alt coin world into a circus but even these & other forums.

it will be pretty funny when the plug gets pulled & a lot of fools were left holding the bag

if they were foolish enough to waste btc or hashpower on this  they deserve to lose it

Why people thought it wasn't a scam is puzzling to me. It screams "scam" even more than your typical scamcoin. The claim was too grand, and anyone with an iota of intelligence would see right through it.

Doge is another puzzling case to me. It was was funny for about  3-days, then it wasn't funny at all.

But people are pretty stupid. The developers of both the above coins managed to get a few thousand kids to act as shills and it worked.

No offence meant to the developer of Doge ... you played the system and won.

The Icelandic crap, though, is treading on dangerous ground, with a developer making promises to a community which he knows he cannot possibly meet. This makes Auroracoin a grade-A scam. 

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:37:35 AM

if they were foolish enough to waste btc or hashpower on this  they deserve to lose it

another 12 year old joins the BCT moralist society. Its starting to sound like a circle jerk in here.

Such judgement. Many sour. Very hate..

~~WOW~~
crypto33

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:38:39 AM

Defiantly going to be an interesting one to watch unfold. I haven't been convinced enough myself as of yet so personally i don't have any interests in mining Auroacoin. Still like i said its going to be interesting at least.

But for anyone involved I do hope it works out well for you guys!

Happy mining!
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:41:26 AM

Defiantly going to be an interesting one to watch unfold.

No such thing as bad publicity. All this thread is accomplishing is bringing AUR to the attention of a wider audience.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:27:32 AM

No such thing as bad publicity.

With respect, your gold is looking just a little tarnished these days.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: