Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:09:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why trading is unhealthy?  (Read 29888 times)
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:29:27 AM

Yes, for me trading was also unhealthy, so i decided to stop doing it. But i want to say that i miss it so much and planning to start again, may be this time will be different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:21:12 PM

Yes, I also experienced it, headaches while trading cryptocurrency in the market, headache and pain continue to haunt me, until I give up and trade with little time, but I keep looking for businesses that can generate a minimum of $ 30 per day for my living expenses, but I haven't found that business yet Roll Eyes
Headaches are bound to come for so many reasons, reasons that can easily be worked on by you and you alone. Some of the reasons being that, you are driving yourself too much emotionally because you are not knowledgeable enough to trade and because you have no strategy to trade effectively, you are over doing things most of the time, because you are not sure of what you are doing or you are trying to get greedy.

Trading is not a hard task, unless you want to make it a hard one. The best way you can trade effectively and not get yourself and your mind screwed is by having a good knowledge, setting out a plan and style, and sticking to a strategy. Discard those things and you will be having headache each and every single day of your life of trading unless you make some amendments.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:09:43 PM

Trading in cryptocurrency market can only make your health deteriorate if you actually over do things. And it is not just cryptocurrency but any other market. It is not about the stress or whatever you want to call it, it is about being able to put a limit to everything which in this case, whatever the OP is saying basically affects day traders who have to keep looking at the screen all day, and even as a day trader, you should always time yourself and close your positions when that period is reached, as a time will come when you over work yourself, your brain will not even be able to function properly to make the best decisions.

Moreover, you do not have to day trade before you become a successful trader, I have been a swing trader all my like in Forex, Stock and now cryptocurrency, and all these things mentioned by the OP is something that I have never experienced. It just depends on you as an individual to find a style that suits you best which is one of the reasons I do not fancy day trades anyway.
A good one there bro! One thing about trading is that there is no way you can even be able to make the best decisions, if your mind is not clear and if you are not knowledgeable enough. Your style of trading will be dependent on the time you have on you as well as you knowledge to be able to do well in that style.

Trading will only become unhealthy just like any other thing, when you make it unhealthy for you. It is as simple as that. One thing with a market is that you just have to find what will be best for you and then stick with it. You do not have to be concentrating 247 on the screen just because you want to trade, and even if you want to day trade, you should always have a limit, but I guess some people probably want to have it all, or some just do not understand how to keep going about things when it comes to trading.
Coolman4

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:03:53 PM

I still trade but not as much as I used to. Now I practice a lot i dont want learn new things i want to practice what i learn
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2190

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:37:59 PM

The first problem you can have is - eyes problems. Spending more time in front of your computer can be harmful to your eyes.
The second - stress. Stress can cause many problems from high blood pressure to depression.

Your display is probably too small. You need to buy a high-quality and large monitor and your eyes will not get tired too quickly. You can also eat special vitamins for the eyes.

Yes, psychology matters. Personally I become distressed too if I suffer losses from trade, but I try to correct my financial mistake as soon as possible and my mood normalizes rather fast.

“That’s odd” - I thought. I eat healthy food and I do sports.

Right. Physical culture is necessary for all people. Maybe you need to do another exercises or increase the load.

I know it’s all individual. Some people trade days and night and they feel pretty good. I just told you my story with my experience. I don’t pursue anyone to stop trading. It’s just important for me to warn some people who can have the same problems.

Every trader should keep to check on his/her health and wealth. Smiley
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:42:03 PM

Conclusion:

I know it’s all individual. Some people trade days and night and they feel pretty good. I just told you my story with my experience. I don’t pursue anyone to stop trading. It’s just important for me to warn some people who can have the same problems.

Your topic title is misleading. Based on your story,  I see that you already have a health problem even prior when you entered trading or while on your way, you really not take care of your health that's why you ended up like that.

Like you said, there are people that do trades almost the entire day but still showing a good health. It's about how you disciplined your body or if your body is really like that since then, you have to adjust for it the moment you enter trading.

About stress, why stress? Losses? Regrets? It's part of the trading and you must already know how to handle it since you mentioned that you are addicted to trading meaning you already built a great trading experience by now.

Well then, just take care of your health.
Summary is, trading is not unhealthy but approach can make it one. Some people stay glued to their trading screen almost all day, chasing every movement albeit noise in the market and taking in those daily doses of omg, ahaaa, geez, wt#, etc. Those are what stress feeds fat on, but they are avoidable and one sure way is to plan your trade and always trade your plan. Profitable opportunities will always abound in the market, so no need trying to catch all in one day. Take a walk often, go be with family and friends and once your computer or platform is shut down, also shut it down in your mind.

Lastly, form a habit of withdrawing part of your profits and give yourself a treat - life is for the living.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:57:13 AM

Trading may create severe stress on people. I have been living with my pay that I get from bitcoin and I work for it and get paid with it and cash it out and live with it. So my whole life is based on crypto currency.

Nevertheless, when markets crash like it did this year than the money I save aside goes down as well, we do not need to look too further depending on dollar in my country it affects how much I get paid as well, for example even tho bitcoin stays the same since dollar value went down in my country I missed 1.5 days pay this week alone, I did nothing wrong, I just kept my money there and I lost 1.5 days of work all gone inside a week. It creates an amazing stress that you can't feel anywhere else.

Now I am not too bothered with it because last year there was a time when I withdrew money and next day I checked and the money I withdrew was gained and more so I was spending money but still had more. I am waiting on those days.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:41:04 AM

Yes, for me trading was also unhealthy, so i decided to stop doing it. But i want to say that i miss it so much and planning to start again, may be this time will be different.
You stopped trading because you might have lost hope or complained about current market conditions. Whatever happened to the market at this time, so many traders were saturated and left it. of course you need to take a break and start again because trading we can make money whether it's profit or loss, false depending on each person how he trades.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:13:17 AM

Trading is a job not everyone can do. It can be unhealthy because its a stressful job and it takes time and of course its very risky.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:23:41 AM

You stopped trading because you might have lost hope or complained about current market conditions. Whatever happened to the market at this time, so many traders were saturated and left it. of course you need to take a break and start again because trading we can make money whether it's profit or loss, false depending on each person how he trades.
Doing Trading remains one of the best choice for Trading is a job that has a high degree of certainty, that is when we are right in taking decisions so we can benefit. But a Trader also needs rest, because when there is a high level of saturation, a trader must be able to do the right time management. So do not ever give up to trade, look at the situation and arrange the time as best as possible because when we are right in choosing the time to trade then the results will be very satisfying for us.
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:38:24 PM

Trading is a job not everyone can do. It can be unhealthy because its a stressful job and it takes time and of course its very risky.
Nothing comes easy in trading, risks and losses are part of the game, and it can also be distressing. However, it's all in the mindset, on how we handle stress, how well we manage our time, and set priorities. There are lots of successful traders in the world and they were once starting from scratch and been into failures, mistakes, and disappointments but they choose to stay focused, and never let these knocked them down. It's all a decision to make, they choose to continue to keep the enthusiasm, positivity, and self-discipline.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:29:51 PM

Conclusion:

Thanks for the heads-up but its very obvious that if you abuse your body like you did then sooner or later all signs will come out. I remember one thread before and there was discussions whether we really need to spend a lot of hours in front of our computer to do trading. I argue that "heath should comes first". Well you are the first one to admit that it really brought some negative impact to your health so I advise that everyone should just take it easy and if your body is giving you signals then you have to stop. Its not worth to really push your body and mind just to make money. Sooner or later if your health goes down, so as your bank account, just saying.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:38:04 PM

Have you ever wondered that trading can be bad for your health?

The first problem you can have is - eyes problems. Spending more time in front of your computer can be harmful to your eyes.
The second - stress. Stress can cause many problems from high blood pressure to depression.

Here is my story...

This summer I went to a doctor with some health problems - I had an awful headache. Just to make picture clear - my headache was with me for 15-20 hours per day. So we did some tests showed that I had extremely high blood pressure.

I was confused. But the doctor said that it can happen because of stress. So I went to a psychologist to deal with this issue. We were talking about my life and interests. And I told her I trade… I believe I don’t need to continue this story lol

Since I trade a lot (I do. I could even tell this is an addiction). The doctor suggested me not to trade for about a week. That was impossible for me, but I tried. It was hard. It was more than hard. But in a couple of weeks, my headache disappeared.

I still trade but not as much as I used to. Now I practice blockchain games because it’s less stressful. Do I feel myself better? Yes. In July it was so painful so I thought that I will die. Now I don’t feel pain at all.

Conclusion:

Trading is unhealthy now because of the market fall.lt really unlike a few months ago trading is good even the price is not good But this time its really hard to understand the market.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:46:01 PM

You may be right but i wonder if you are a trader and you know that it is bad for your health, would you find a solution to the problem or would you stop because it's not healthy though you are making lots of money from trading.
The choice is on to us and it is easy to find some solution to the cause of your health problem because you've got a lot of money from trading.
If it's me i would do the same too because it's my choice and i know what are the consequences between my actions.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:02:19 PM

Thanks for the warning and for worrying about other people. Excessive trade really has a negative effect on a person. Trading can give us physical and psychological problems. Most of us don't even think about it.
When I felt a strong nervous tension, stopped sleeping normally and was no longer able to devote enough time to my family, I thought about it and decided not to trade yet. Today I trade only occasionally. Now trade doesn't absorb me completely, I set a goal, reach it and rest Wink.
TheReverend

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:07:45 PM

it depends on each individual, those who are too easily carried away by emotion are not good at trading activities because if they see crypto which is very fluctuating it is better not to do it.
but for people who have a calm mind I think trading will suit him, they have more patience, not panic, and are able to think calmly even in a loss.
btc_love (OP)

Activity: 566
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:32:46 AM

it is! and not all the people can do this job. I've made this thread to warn such people as me
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:37:11 AM

Have you ever wondered that trading can be bad for your health?

Here is my story...

This summer I went to a doctor with some health problems - I had an awful headache. Just to make picture clear - my headache was with me for 15-20 hours per day. So we did some tests showed that I had extremely high blood pressure.

I was confused. But the doctor said that it can happen because of stress. So I went to a psychologist to deal with this issue. We were talking about my life and interests. And I told her I trade… I believe I don’t need to continue this story lol

Since I trade a lot (I do. I could even tell this is an addiction). The doctor suggested me not to trade for about a week. That was impossible for me, but I tried. It was hard. It was more than hard. But in a couple of weeks, my headache disappeared.

I still trade but not as much as I used to. Now I practice blockchain games because it’s less stressful. Do I feel myself better? Yes. In July it was so painful so I thought that I will die. Now I don’t feel pain at all.

Conclusion:

Well, there are some making there self very healthy since they are very lucky in trading and it makes them feel good. While there is some that is making them unhealthy since they lose their money it makes them unhappy and they are stress about it lol.
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:55:14 PM

I do not think trading can be unhealthy, it varies person to person how they manage their time to control themselves for trading. If someone busy all day long with trading he must be in physical trouble. So access is not good each thing has discipline and specific rules and we need to follow them.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:58:59 PM

Trading can be a tad unhealthy sometimes. Imagine sitting on a gain and then there's a flash crash in the price of BTC, then you lose all the profits gained within split secs. You see your money draining out right before your very eyes because you're not about to sell at loss. This happened today and such things can affect one's psych.

You have to be mentally stable to be a trader and this is very vital
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: