Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy bitcoin because it won't be fine  (Read 4676 times)
fxsurfer (OP)

Activity: 274
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:48:47 AM

Don’t be an idiot. Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme. It’s a vehicle developed to support criminal activity and long cons.

Whatever the motives behind the Bitcoin's development, it still cannot be consumed by nobody in its circulation chain. Meaning, profit or benefit for investors, criminal or not, can be obtained only by using funds from new investors. Hence, Ponzi scheme.

It is definitely NOT a Ponzi scheme.  In a Ponzi scheme early investors make money off of newly injected money into the system.  With bitcoin, criminals make money by using an uncontrolled unregulated transfer of value system or con men use various schemes to convince people to send them their money using an unregulated irreversible currency.

Well, criminals are just people who have committed a crime and as such they are not immune to Ponzi schemes. A Ponzis scheme is NOT when early investors make money off of newly injected money into the system, because every investment fits that definition. For e.g.  if you had put 1000 USD into Apple stock at the beginning of the year, and sold it today, you, as an early investor, would have made money off of newly injected money into the system - which is injected by new investor, the buyer of your stocks. So, is Apple a Ponzi? No. A Ponzis scheme is when investors put in consumable resources  - resources with the capacity to be used, consumed or practically utilized by end consumers for satisfying their needs, and end up with non-consumable item which has no end consumers and as such it cannot be used by anyone. For e.g. a car is used by end consumers for driving, a dollar for settling loan obligations, food for providing nutritional support, a raw material for producing finished products etc. Hence, investing into dollar, car or food industry,  crude oil, etc., is a not a Ponzi scheme because funds are transfered into something that is used for satisfying actual human needs, and these needs are the very reason why economic activity that produces and trade consumable resources exists. But, when funds are transfered into bitcoin - a number associated with an address, this is a Ponzi scheme because this number cannot be used for satisfying actual human needs. Instead, it can only be transferred from hand-to-hand, from member-to-member, from address-to-address. If an owner of this address is criminal, nothing changed - Bitcoin is still a non-consumable item and thus, putting your funds into it is investment into a Ponzi scheme.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:58:50 AM

Well, there is an argument here also because Bitcoin has a limited amount of coins, unlike FIAT, which for me is the biggest Ponzi of them all, because they keep printing more and more of it. I think Bitcoin is much less of a PONZI and has a technology attached to it, unlike paper money aka FIAT, which is just an IOU and it is only built on pure trust, that we trust the central banks and governments to give us what is the value written on that piece of paper. You know what? That same piece of paper ten years down the line will be worth a hell of a lot less than it is now and I won't be able to buy the same things then as I can now because the value will be dumped, unlike Bitcoin, which has more chance to go up because there will be less of it being mined every four years.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
gudjhonson

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:45:00 AM

I think that this bitcoin has good and extraordinary benefits, so if you buy bitcoin, you are good at managing it. With Bitcoin, we can learn to be patient in trading, if we have patience, we will find an advantage.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
Quitthis

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:28:11 AM

I'll take my chances
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:42:15 AM

Well if you don't want to buy bitcoin maybe some other people wanted to buy it, and why you know that it won't be fine do you have a super power? I believe that bitcoin price or maybe volume is really unstable so if we can see that it is falling today we cannot really say that it will still fall tomorrow. Everything in crypto may change so all that we can really see is just a prediction and it doesn't have an assurance at all.

bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:49:53 AM

Currently, bitcoin is increasing, so why not buy bitcoin? As I see it, maybe these are some people who can not buy bitcoin or maybe gossip that makes people wanting BTC to make money is hesitant and afraid. But I like the meaning of this news Grin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:27:55 AM

Well as market drop down a solid number of people's are panic and pressurised and they regret why not they sold it before but as the expert's suggest they are positive and recommend to wait and hold for sometime and if money than some part invest.
Because many users who are still afraid and panic then make the market has not changed and recovered. because most investors are still hesitant so there has been no surprising change. this happens because there are too many FUDs like this topic. I hope not many people are consumed by this title and contribute to the dump
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:34:52 AM

The choice to invest in bitcoin or not is yours so don't sound so sure that bitcoin is never going to be fine again. In my opinion, bitcoin has performed excellently well and has stood every possible test of time within the past ten years of existence.
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:56:46 AM

Dont buy your story because it wont be true lol

Bitcoin is so fine and will get more finest in future,for over 10 years now this coin has given the people more opportunities in life.many jobless makes profit,students that gain money to support their studies and businessman becomes investors.this is what bitcoin is all about

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:13:59 PM

How can people say that bitcoin wont be fine especially when the market is stable and there is always something that can make the price raise up again like halving, maybe those people are trying to discourage others without any good reason that they will benefit in the end.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:52:19 PM

I agree with you. I also think that Bitcoin has no practical use. Many people say that Bitcoin will replace gold or legal tender, but the price of Bitcoin changes every second. This is very bad, isn't it? And the purchase and use of Bitcoin needs to go through the Internet, and the elderly and children can't do this!

This is just insane if you do not buy bitcoin now. Bitcoin is at a good support and I can bet that you will never ever see bitcoin below 6000$. If you are tech lover and you know about the future changes, then you will realize that bitcoin and other crypto currencies are here to stay.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:11:25 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 05:21:37 PM by pundit

only with a number associated with their bitcoin address. Since this number cannot be practically utilized like food or dollar, that means that investors engaged in a one-way transaction.

The dollar or any other fiat currency can not be practically utilized but are assigned a value by the banking sector of their country of origin. The dollar has no intrinsic value, no equal effort is put into making it, $5 cost as much as $100 bills.

Bitcoin is also a currency which is assigned a value, not by the banking sector but by the community as it is decentralized. And this value is designed to be higher than the cost of production.

The problem lies in the fact that you see BTC/USD pairs on exchanges, and it appears to be pegged to the US dollar.
With increased adoption it would gain more practical use and can be easily pegged to commodities or labour.
Of course there are limitations to such level of mass adoption, but that doesn't make it a ponzi scheme or a one way transaction protocol.

Completely agreed to your point, even if we think about gold, its just a metal but high demand has increased its value else its not a necessity for anyone, being a decentralize currency Bitcoin is accessible to everyone and w/o any third party intervention, its the common people who increase or decrease demand, one need not to be worried about bitcoin physical presence or its use till the time it has high demand.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:40:34 PM

I think that with Bitcoin and other good cryptocurrencies everything will be normal. Many projects can die, but strong and high-quality projects will survive.
best ever

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:44:30 AM

when you buy bitcoin you should already know that bitcoin has a very high risk so when you want to buy bitcoin you have to be prepared to bear the risks that exist and preferably when you enter and buy bitcoin you already know how to trade properly and correctly
In comparison with the other cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is the safest one. Its volatility now is very low, and BTC is the best investment now. In 2019 it will gain a lot as I believe.
cryptoanalyze

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:31:53 AM

Just wondering why you are here if you have doubts of Bitcoin? Cant you read price charts? Bitcoin is on its consolidation phase, just take a look of 2014 price chart. After this we will see a massive price increase.
Siti Nurbaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:37:59 AM

Bitcoin has a good future, so seeing bitcoin now provides good value, so don't hesitate to get bitcoin.
You will believe that this bitcoin has a future after you own and play it.
Harvey-Connan

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:23:27 AM

that's ridiculous. If you don't believe in bitcoin, you can get out of bitcoin. Do not stay here and tell something like that. do you have any evidence when you  said that bitcoin won't be fine? As a bitcoin believer, i still believe in the future of bitcoin. I think this time is the best to buy bitcoin, it will grow quickly next year.
Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:34:44 AM

Bitcoin is the good most future profit coin,and many time give us proved it is the right currency.investment is the good makes future profit for the bitcoin.holding trading also bitcoin is the number one currency all of them.so I believe bitcoin and I have fell against 2017 year last month back to back my profit.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:43:16 AM

Bitcoin is the good most future profit coin,and many time give us proved it is the right currency.investment is the good makes future profit for the bitcoin.holding trading also bitcoin is the number one currency all of them.so I believe bitcoin and I have fell against 2017 year last month back to back my profit.

Bitcoin proved its best already, though this time bitcoin is not in good standing however, many of us still believe that bitcoin will be fine.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:28:22 AM

I believe that nobody knows the future of bitcoin. I believe that there are many people around that still buy bitcoin because everyone knows that any time bitcoin price may rise up high. And if we are going to buy today we can maybe earn rn a huge amount of profit in the near future if the price of bitcoin will rise. So I think holding is the best strategy for good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: