Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388973 times)
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:04:25 PM

People should really work all together to create one big CANN. GROWCOIN is just launched and has some nice features maybe DEV has to talk with dev of GROWCOIN so that both coins can explode and become a +$100k coin.

It would be nice to see all the weed coins working together and the people working on THC are open to it. Personally I think GROW needs some more time to proof they are legit. It is always questionable to work with an anonymous ICO coin. THC is 0% premine fair launch, for the people.

In what day do you suggest working together?

Edit: I see placebo posting this same thing on every weed coin thread. He must own a significant portion of the GROW premine since he ran the ICO.

I would be interested in working with other coins that have proven themselves, rather than for 1 guy's agenda because he's got nice chunk of the premine.

Guys, you nailed it.

If you've followed what's happened in the 420 related coin scene within the past 12 hours or so then you've probably noticed these threads:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874053
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874058
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874071

The plans Altcoin.Center has for these fine coins revolve around the idea of co-operation between the different cannabis coins.

I'm also involved with DopeCoin and will be discussing with the dev team shortly.

It is clearly much more productive and beneficial for everyone to work together instead of maintaining a dozen of coins trying to compete with each other.

Merged mining? I'd say yes.

Side chains? If you ask me - yes again.

Time to get the discussions going and the ideas flowing! =)

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:30:28 PM

The Epic 420 Joint Force thread opened!

Please join in the discussion!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:31:37 PM

It would be nice to see all the weed coins working together and the people working on THC are open to it. Personally I think ---- needs some more time to proof they are legit. It is always questionable to work with an anonymous ICO coin. THC is 0% premine fair launch, for the people.

In what day do you suggest working together?

Edit: I see placebo posting this same thing on every weed coin thread. He must own a significant portion of the GROW premine since he ran the ICO.

I would be interested in working with other coins that have proven themselves, rather than for 1 guy's agenda because he's got nice chunk of the premine.

placebo is all over the place. I remember he used to be in on THC a long time ago. He's quick to sell coins for a tiny profit and move on. I wouldn't go long term on any coins he is heavily involved in.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:37:59 PM

We should try to set a date for Jan. 6th and a new wallet release.

If we can do a proper coin swap by automatically replacing everyone's coins to their original wallets then the possibilities are endless to the features THC can have. It would set THC up be able to switch to any algo/POW/POS method whenever we want.

Scrypt is really killing the community support of this coin. There are a few miners getting all the coins and not enough people with stable paychecks to continuously buy THC. There are tons of community members looking for a good x11 coin to mine. I'm starting to want to switch to x11 POW+POS like right now and then once a more complicated merge mining solution is developed... just redo an automatic coin swap.

dynamite

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:42:38 PM

If we can do a proper coin swap by automatically replacing everyone's coins to their original wallets then the possibilities are endless to the features THC can have. It would set THC up be able to switch to any algo/POW/POS method whenever we want.

Scrypt is really killing the community support of this coin. There are a few miners getting all the coins and not enough people with stable paychecks to continuously buy THC. There are tons of community members looking for a good x11 coin to mine. I'm starting to want to switch to x11 POW+POS like right now and then once a more complicated merge mining solution is developed... just redo an automatic coin swap.

I only have GPU miners.  x11 is the most stable algo for me. I would love a switch to x11 POW/POS.

89keys

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:26:41 AM

+1
berbip

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:29:50 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 02:56:44 PM by berbip

I keep saying this here Smiley
All x algo's are the upcoming asic's
There is already fpga mining happening on a small scale in china.
Search the bitcoin forum, you will find plenty of info on that.
I find a coin swap complex and unnecessary, all the coins of the new algo need to be premined for that.
The best way to go away from scrypt right now is neoscrypt, the conversion is seamless, mining is cpu/gpu only, and the algorithms efficiency is going up.
And POS is easily implemented
X algo's are inefficient and are not easy to turn into profit.
I agree something has to be done, POS is so long gone that hempcoin has become just another scrypt coin.
TheCoinMonster

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:56:11 PM

The block explorer hasn't seen a any new blocks in 2 days Sad
with the lemons!

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:28:57 AM

Sorry for being active so little in recent days, my laptop is still not working and I cannot access my wallet, so I cannot work on THC right now.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:17:15 PM

Coins swap..... Ugh.... I hate coin swaps.

Especially since all my THC are virgin mined.
Especially since there will be a premine that won't get 100% swapped and some is leftover -- I don't care how transparent the dev team is or if they are sent to a dead address.
Especially since those people who miss the swap window get screwed over and are left holding a bag of worthless coins.
Especially since even if we PM the dev or whoever to secretly swap our coins or if it's done through a website to get a new swap address, someone will know how many we have via IP address. VPN's aren't fool-proof for the government agencies that will be following the coins, nor for the persons running the swap-site.
Especially since coins are moved, for those people claiming taxes with time restrictions for lower tax brackets. This point doesn't necessarily matter to me, but is valid for those taxpaying citizens.

Swaps centralize. If THC swaps coins, I'm done with mining crypto (save for one coin) since I put high value for my virgin coins but moreso my financial privacy -- the whole purpose of crypto. Too many coins have swapped. If SMC can switch algos or other coins can implement PoS without a swap, so can THC. I still don't see why PoS isn't implemented after months and months.... What's the problem? Fix the code that we have in place. Hire or get a dev to assist. Either that or stop advertising PoS.

The only way I see a swap working is if the blockchain from V1 is duplicated in V2, and if the wallet is able to duplicate the ledger for the new coin, need a way to import old v1 keys into the v2 wallet.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:42:12 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 08:03:30 AM by fartbags

Coins swap..... Ugh.... I hate coin swaps.

Especially since all my THC are virgin mined.
Especially since there will be a premine that won't get 100% swapped and some is leftover -- I don't care how transparent the dev team is or if they are sent to a dead address.
Especially since those people who miss the swap window get screwed over and are left holding a bag of worthless coins.
Especially since even if we PM the dev or whoever to secretly swap our coins or if it's done through a website to get a new swap address, someone will know how many we have via IP address. VPN's aren't fool-proof for the government agencies that will be following the coins, nor for the persons running the swap-site.
Especially since coins are moved, for those people claiming taxes with time restrictions for lower tax brackets. This point doesn't necessarily matter to me, but is valid for those taxpaying citizens.

Swaps centralize. If THC swaps coins, I'm done with mining crypto (save for one coin) since I put high value for my virgin coins but moreso my financial privacy -- the whole purpose of crypto. Too many coins have swapped. If SMC can switch algos or other coins can implement PoS without a swap, so can THC. I still don't see why PoS isn't implemented after months and months.... What's the problem? Fix the code that we have in place. Hire or get a dev to assist. Either that or stop advertising PoS.

The only way I see a swap working is if the blockchain from V1 is duplicated in V2, and if the wallet is able to duplicate the ledger for the new coin, need a way to import old v1 keys into the v2 wallet.

I'm pushing every coin to stop doing manual coin swaps. All coin swaps should be automatic and original wallets should always work in the future otherwise they are considered scams. All wallets should be "forward compatible".

I'm actually not sure if this will work but I think you can scan the blockchain, find all the address balances and send out all the coins. There could be some more advanced work with the block explorer to then merge the blockchains so it looks like one long chain. If this method works, coins can change on a whim. They could change algos as each new ASICs come out.

Of course I'm not in favor of any type of coin swap but it seems like hempcoin is stagnant with development. THC works so there isn't really any problems with no development but I would like to see something going on with it.

I've also been thinking about the idea of creating "HEMP". Any wallet with THC in it at block 400,000 would then also own that exact amount of HEMP. You copy and paste your THC wallet.dat file into HEMP and you're coins are there but on a different blockchain. I was thinking of premining 20,000,000 additional HEMP to award to the first commercial hemp grower/producer who grows/sells exclusively for HEMP. THC would also continue to work as it is now. I'm wondering if people could envision any problems with doing this.

killsig

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:03:33 AM

The block explorer hasn't seen a any new blocks in 2 days Sad

Got that fixed this morning.   
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:36:02 AM

I have noticed a few new "mine x11, get paid out in ur prefered coin" pools coming online. I'm not sure if I would actually use this service as I like to mine low difficulty coins/new coins and profit later on. It would probably be useful to message some of the new people starting this kind of pools and get THC payouts added to one of them. I would try it out for a week and see how it goes.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:28:17 AM

SNIP QUOTES

I've also been thinking about the idea of creating "HEMP". Any wallet with THC in it at block 400,000 would then also own that exact amount of HEMP. You copy and paste your THC wallet.dat file into HEMP and you're coins are there but on a different blockchain. I was thinking of premining 20,000,000 additional HEMP to award to the first commercial hemp grower/producer who grows/sells exclusively for HEMP. THC would also continue to work as it is now. I'm wondering if people could envision any problems with doing this.

I'm still pondering your idea, but few things to work out before I rattle my brain further.

20 million? I would also need to see the farmer mining this new coin too, because you know he's going to want to keep his stash protected against mining inflation or are we trying to make an honest farmer go broke? And you don't want him dumping either......

Shit, I'll be the first to draw up some hemppaperwork, get a legitimate agricultural DBA and "claim" I'm a farmer. This reeks of scam possibilities, not from you fartbags, but someone will try to scam you out of this. I would say give the 20M after a warehouse is stocked with real hemp and legally escrowed into a Non-profit HEMPCOIN LLC trust account or something AND proof of mining with a rig. I would assume the legal fees would be hefty to draw up a contract. This seems expensive at first for the startup for both parties -- you and the farmer. Not saying it's not possible, just possibly costly.

Another thing is, shhhhh don't tell anyone, but there is a hempcoin already. Just kidding with ya Smiley
But seriously, HEMP as a coin name and ticker is out of the question unless we ditch THC as a coin as a whole and let the network die. Or we rebrand THC as "THCcoin", which fully pulls THC out of the hemp industry and will lean more towards recreational usage. What about all of the current OP websites emblazoned with hempcoin.org or whatever? This is about to get confusing. haha.

Only supporters of the current THC will benefit from this, and will act as an additional premine of another (currently, but will be more at block 400k) 136 million if the current THC lives on, now that's a "somewhat fairly, more distributed than normal premines" premine, but still a premine to be totaled at 156 million if we include your 20 million. Although 2 different coins, you would be doubling the amount of coins that everyone has, thereby raising the possibility of both coins losing half their value -- or potentially more. So again, we'd have to kill the current THC network.

What will your coin cap be? THC is already at over half the coins ever to be mined, is it even necessary to integrate PoS now? Would you be using PoS? I suggest using neoscrypt while it's still fresh enough, forget x11,x13,x123468234578236. If you make your HEMP 100% PoS, you will successfully keep the coins in the family (the miners and holders, not so much the traders --- I would try to figure a way to pull all THC off the exchanges for duplication purposes to encourage the new coins stay in the wallets) and the price can be controlled for a little while in the beginning (IF EVERYONE WORKS TOGETHER) until people get greedy, but it may be enough time to adopt the hemp farmer and also for the farmer to adopt the coin, and that will send your HEMP higher and secure that price. You know there will be a mass dump in the beginning too. "Hey Free coins! I'm taking my profits and running!" It may work in an opposite fashion too, like "I got them for free, I'll hold them and see what happens." From my experience and observations, I believe the former will precede the latter, at least until people realize the coin is worth something more than just BTC.  

Getting back to an earlier thought, what about all the THC on exchanges? You'd have to contact every exchange to make sure they duplicate what people already have there. Or like I suggested, find a way to pull THC off exchanges.

All just food for thought, just pointing out "stuff".

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:41:07 AM

Why hasn't the explorer been updated in this department:
Difficulty - (Days average taken from random dates since genesis block)

The graph shows October being the last data point.

uleoja

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:44:18 PM

https://thc.hempfield.club/ forked?
bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:01:19 PM

nope, dont worry, the pool has not forked.  just another cron issue.

Best way to verify if the pool has forked is to compare the block explorer with the "current block" value on the dashboard of the pool.  This value is pulled directly from the wallet and is thus not affecting by cron issues.

Don't worry, all will be good, the pool is currently catching up.  I will send another update once all looks good.

Sorry for not acting sooner, just noticed i had 3 emails sent from the pool while I slept last night.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bocyaj

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:42:54 PM

Best way to verify if the pool has forked is to compare the block explorer with the "current block" value on the dashboard of the pool.  This value is pulled directly from the wallet and is thus not affecting by cron issues.

Don't worry, all will be good, the pool is currently catching up.  I will send another update once all looks good.

Sorry for not acting sooner, just noticed i had 3 emails sent from the pool while I slept last night.

cleaning up the mess the crons made is a bit more tedious than I thought.... I am still working on it.

Rest assured your miners are still hashing away and finding blocks, its just not propagating to the website yet.  once its resolved I will let you all know.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bocyaj

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:08:18 PM

cleaning up the mess the crons made is a bit more tedious than I thought.... I am still working on it.

Rest assured your miners are still hashing away and finding blocks, its just not propagating to the website yet.  once its resolved I will let you all know.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Pool is back up and everything seems better now.  I was getting discouraged on my last message and was expecting it to take up most my evening... but then had a lightbulb moment...

for anyone thats interested, heres what happened.

- crons messed up  ( I still cant figure out why, but oh well )
- I ran the crons that failed manually with force option, this ussually fixes crons issues.
- cron picked up a double payout... ( really it found two blocks with same height )  [ one was an orphan ]
- manually removed the second occurence of the block in the DB
- re-ran the crons and got php error outputs
- started googling
- continued googling, started to smash head on keyboard.
- went to ask for help, but before I finished the message... light bulb moment.....
- the block I deleted from the database, was actually the good block, not the orphan.
- re-manipulated DB with proper good block
- re-ran crons, et voila !!!

I will keep an eye on things for a bit, but dont expect any issues.

If you notice any mised payouts (common problem when crons fail), let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks all.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bocyaj

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

interesting enough, the orphan block was a bonus block ( 875 ).  First time I have seen a bonus block orphan.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: