Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you always invest in top ranked coins?  (Read 26752 times)
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:48:48 PM

If you are just starting out, you should go for a more stable coin and after you have a stock of stable coins, then it's time to go for new coins because you will have an idea on how a good and stable coins work, but there is a risk investing in a new coin because of to many scam coins
tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:57:40 PM

I prefer to invest in low market coin although those have some more risk than investing in top-ranked coin. Anyway, in a good portfolio, you should consider all possible ways to get the maximum profit with the lowest risk. Most of the time, I maintain a ratio of BTC for my portfolio which I consider as the most risk-free coin.
Tasiril

Activity: 122
Merit: 2

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 02:02:57 PM

I think in this kind of bear market it would be  even little bit safe to invest on top ranked coins. Because top ranked coins have huge community and also have promising future. But meanwhile there may be low ranked coins that have fresh concept and talented teams, those kind of coin have chances to pump more. But problem is finding this kind of coins very challenging.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:06:55 PM

Hi Everyone,

As advised I am trying to learn the basics of crypto first.

Most of the suggestions mention investing in top ranked coins. My question is, does it always work? As far as I understand, the market is vulnerable and affects almost all the coins from top to bottom. How then you determine which ones would stay ?

only for a few, the top 10 is the best option.
but you can also buy altcoins that have a value under one dollar, yes with full calculation, research and analysis of course
you have to be able to tell which one to pump and which will never grow. this requires patience and research, especially the current situation is very difficult.
oho

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:30:21 PM

It depends on what goals you follow! If you go to risk, but earn more, then you need not coins from the top 100, and if you want to risk less, then try to take from the top 20! But it all depends on the general trend of the market, although the trend is on coins from the top affects less!

[
Abu Shadow

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:38:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

Most of the suggestions mention investing in top ranked coins. My question is, does it always work? As far as I understand, the market is vulnerable and affects almost all the coins from top to bottom. How then you determine which ones would stay ?

if you don't have enough knowledge in cryptocurrency, it's safer to invest first on the top coins like bitcoin and ethereum as those has good community support and a proven coins that will bounce back after the fall. If you learn a lot here you can invest on those cheap altcoins that can pump the price by 10x to100x but the risk is higher as the price can dumps easily after the pump. Indeed experience will teach you how to earn in crypto.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
posporo

Activity: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 02:45:51 PM

Yes, I am always investing in top ranked coins because there's a big chance that it is very trusted for investment so I believe to gain a desired profit for it when the time that the bull starts to run.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:51:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

No, not really but the top crypto almost occupy 75 percent of space in my portfolio. Top coins are legit and have good amount of potential to grow in the future. These coins provide stability to my portfolio which is needed to safeguard my principal amount invested.
Rest of my portfolio consist of coins capable of tremendous returns within a small span of time. You can consider investing in civic, crypterium and siacoin. These coins help in increasing the rate of growth of my portfolio.
juchin

Activity: 290

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:56:21 PM

why not, invest in top coins at this time will be safer than new coins . Especially when the market is being very sensitive like this. But you need to determine that need long time to have profit because the trend of market is going down and need many time to recover and raise again

MCJamison1987

Activity: 185
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:01:40 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are the most well-known ones.
I do go for the top ranked ones and also the ones with strong team of developers.
Karlblaise1

Activity: 131
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:03:33 PM

It all depends on what you want, but experience has thought me established coins are not always that profitable.
Investing in established coins is not even a guarantee to safety.

Many people that saw BTC as a safe haven by this time last year will beg to differ from your suggestion, as BTC came crashing in value to the regret of many. If you care about playing safe, then; go for USDT.

But if you care about profitability; you have to take calculated risks by researching into the progress of some crypto projects that may even be below the 50th rank.

Just do your personal research well, and take calculated risks; you'll be happy with the results that will ensue.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:28:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

Well, top ranked coin is not a bad idea as that at least in a way makes it a bit safe for you when you want to consider all the shit coins in the market, but trust me, the fact that it is top ranked does not make it less of a shit coin if it is. We all know how the market is and the fact that so many coins today are pretty much just there without any product, and with speculations, they can just get pushed up and what you are seeing as top rank is based on market cap.

With respect to that, no matter how top coin it is, you need to understand what you are investing in first, study the project, fish out if there is a product and how useful it would be in the long run and with that; at least, you are sure where you are putting your money.
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

I go with top ranked coins sometimes but that doesn't mean that the upcoming ones are not valuable. Some upcoming coins give huge profits more than the top ranked ones. The best thing is to study the market before making a choice.
Kevinatin

Activity: 612
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:52:25 AM

I'm trying to trade on the upcoming news. It may not be the most top coins, the main thing is the presence of volumes and listing on a normal exchange. Topstop coins are more suitable for hold or day trading.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:12:49 PM

Yes i always refer coinmarketcap for top 10 coins.
Top ranked coins are more stable and profitable. Though i personally like btc , eth & xrp
I am cofused why people will invest in low ranked coins.
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:19:23 PM

yes because it's safer than buying altcoins that don't have large trading volumes. plus a lot of altcoin choices that have the potential to rise.

Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 12:26:04 PM

It will always work if your plan is to hodl for long term but if you want is for short term then try others that are not in top ranked especially those ICOs that keep coming every week but it is not sure also since many of these are scams. Do your research first is one of the most important thing to do.
qwerty1337

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:31:23 PM

Undoubtedly, it is necessary to invest in top coins, it will not go out of the market, especially if supported by technology.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 01:10:20 PM

Hi Everyone,

It is recommended because they are a stable investment, and they have a working platform already, it's hard to gamble to a new coin now because of the present market condition, so you make sure that you are not losing in this game, pick the top coin first.

miha

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

nope. somebody, including me, prefer to buy cheap tokens with price less then 10 cents. after analyse of cource.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: