Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate trumps wall..  (Read 946 times)
popcorn1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:00:55 PM

People say Trumps wall is wrong   we even have the EU saying we don't build walls and Trump is wrong for wanting to do this WHY?..

Now before you answer  i would like you to consider what you are saying..

Now we in the UK want to leave the EU and because we VOTED in a democratic vote to leave the EU want to build a wall a boarder Funny though considering they hate trump building a wall..

And this is the HYPOCRITES  in the EU we deal with..And this is another reason why i want out..

They hate Trumps wall because well the USA is it's own country so have every right to a boarder BUT the EU want it's boarders to protect their lot ..

So why do they want a boarder through Ireland Undecided..I thought they hate walls Kiss  Oh only if it doesn't upset their money pies..

BUT USA   you are bad for wanting a boarder just like they want in IRELAND..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:09:08 PM

Pretty sure Trumpers and Brexiters are like-minded fools.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:05:05 PM

We have a wall, it’s called the sea Grin.

Pretty sure Trumpers and Brexiters are like-minded fools.

There are intelligent ones though on the brexit side, much like the intelligent ones on the trump side.
A few of us are in it for the long haul. We know we’ll probably start off with a horrible deal that won’t make us want to leave because Germany want to keep the whole eu together so why would they give use a strong position to leave. After a while of hurt, they’ll eventually allow us to separate as a learning opportunity to other countries to say “The uk had a horrible time of leaving and now they’ve only just been set free, you don’t want that for your country do you?”

We also owe a lot of money to Germany and a few other EU states, they’re clearly not going to forget that they’d like that back at some point are they?

Also, GBP has only fallen by 1p against the dollar, clearly something is xpectant of a change in the negotiations otherwise it might have devalued a lot more than that.
monchico

Activity: 140
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:42:47 AM

People hate the "walls of Trump" because it is the supreme symbol of the differentiation of cultures and peoples, in contrast to the reigning modernism that claims that the oppressed have more rights than the “oppressors”, so the separation incites them hate these symbols.

The differentiation of peoples is something natural since the beginning of humanity, when these were united was when one surpassed the other and forced him to remain in this. In no way an uncontrolled union, even if it is a search for opportunities, is something natural or healthy for countries, as is evident throughout Europe.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:26:15 AM

The rest of the EU was AGAINST you guys leaving, against Brexit, because it is convenient not to have borders (for a UK native I am surprised you spell it: boarders LOL), we have gotten used to free passage of people, goods and capital. So in fact it is Brexiters who want the border, not the EU. It is clear you want to be out of the EU, so you want the border. It is natural there are outer borders to the EU. Did you not realise this when you opted out?

The EU is acting pretty consistently here. Does not want Trump's wall and did not want a border with the UK. Plus a border is not the same as a wall. See Game of Thrones for reference. Roll Eyes
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:02:45 AM

The US already has a border.  People hate Trump's wall for many reasons

1. It costs money-  Americans love to pretend there is no money for things many of us consider important but suddenly want to spend money on something like a wall.  Mexico will not pay for it.

2. It won't work- building a wall at the border won't keep out illegal immigrants because most of them fly into our country

3. Its a humanitarian disaster- if people are trying to flee a dangerous situation, a wall can cause them to be backed into a corner.  Freedom of movement is seen as a major human right to many.  yes you can make it illegal to run across a border but don't physically stop people who may be in danger.

4. Its an ecological disaster- the fragmentation of all habitat along the border would put unneded pressure on many species.  You are essentially cutting many populations into two groups

5.  not a deterrent-  a wall, like the war on drugs, would only increase the reliance on cartels for navigating the border.  They own all of the tunnels and have the means to smuggle. 

6. it sends an ugly message symbolically. - the statue of liberty has long stood as the beacan of our nation.  the wall would replace "send me your poor, huddled masses" with "stay the fuck out"
Teleshot

Activity: 38
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:54:03 PM

Ah yes, that's very important. Gotta make sure the wall meant to divide two countries doesn't look unwelcoming and cold to the great american children who Donald Trump saved from the evil, savage rapists he totally doesn't hate or who he totally didn't force to pay billions of dollars and impose sanctions when they refused.
Now if only we could invent some sort of a sound barrier to prevent the protesters and human rights activists complaints from the other side from reaching their ears…
Zeth

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:21:00 PM

Ok, so we build a wall around the border…what's stopping people from walking around?
ToRs

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:04:31 PM

This is going to be a weird game of tower defence. The most massive tower defense game in hundreds of years.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:48:36 PM

The US already has a border.  People hate Trump's wall for many reasons....

Mainly international interests induce liberals to work against the wall because a porous open border would serious weaken the US. Just like it weakened Europe. That's what those international interests want.

The next "caravan" will be 100,000 or millions of people. They are organized for political purposes by people with motives.

The interest of the US is served by letting those in who we want in, not  hardened criminals and not those with certain infectious diseases.

It's our right to select who comes in, and it's not the right of whomever wants in to get in.

For just one example, a left wing radical communist like yourself. I wouldn't let you in the USA.
coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:09:04 PM

Mainly international interests induce liberals to work against the wall because a porous open border would serious weaken the US. Just like it weakened Europe. That's what those international interests want.

The next "caravan" will be 100,000 or millions of people. They are organized for political purposes by people with motives.

The interest of the US is served by letting those in who we want in, not  hardened criminals and not those with certain infectious diseases.

It's our right to select who comes in, and it's not the right of whomever wants in to get in.

For just one example, a left wing radical communist like yourself. I wouldn't let you in the USA.

Are you sure Europe's issues can all be blamed on Schengen?  Nothing to do with the 2008 crisis or the aging population?

Future caravans will be bigger and bigger largely because of climate change.  We can expect hundreds of millions of climate refugees worldwide by the turn of the century as there will be more flooding, droughts, and failed states because of all of that.  I feel like the US should aim to have the largest acceptance rate.  Why should any other country be better equipped to handle refugees than our large nation that was founded on these very principles?
https://reliefweb.int/report/world/climate-migrants-might-reach-one-billion-2050

We have a very low population density and 100,000 refugees is hardly a drop in the bucket.  Our aging population demographics could be strengthened by a new influx of immigrants. 
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-column-miller-immigration/aging-united-states-must-get-the-economics-right-on-immigration-idUSKCN1BP184

Historically, people showed up at Ellis Island and were widely accepted.  Your idea of social engineering and selection of people based on racial quotas and an "ideal immigrant" is very new and reminds me of nazi Germany's desire to create a supreme race of people.  The US was built on multiculturalism and the quote on the statue of liberty should still hold merit.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/30/solve-migrant-caravan-problem-help-us-economy-work-visas-column/1811074002/

I respect your honesty but the idea that you would discriminate against someone because their political views are different from yours is un-American.  Your desire to create a nation of people who only hold the views you hold is bigoted.  I would never suggest the denial of someone simply because we have difference of political opinion. 

A lot of people come to America to avoid that same sort of political persecution you are suggesting.  Have you no respect for diversity? Shame.  Your sense of urgency is alarming.  Why do you feel so threatened in the first place?  If your ideas are correct and righteous, shouldn't you have faith that they will win out and withstand the test of the time?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:19:30 PM

The US already has a border.  People hate Trump's wall for many reasons....

The interest of the US is served by letting those in who we want in, not  hardened criminals and not those with certain infectious diseases.

Are you sure Europe's issues can all be blamed on Schengen?  Nothing to do with the 2008 crisis or the aging population?

Future caravans will be bigger and bigger largely because of climate change.  We can expect hundreds of millions of climate refugees worldwide by the turn of the century as there will be more flooding, droughts, and failed states because of all of that.  I feel like the US should aim to have the largest acceptance rate.  Why should any other country be better equipped to handle refugees than our large nation that was founded on these very principles?
https://reliefweb.int/report/world/climate-migrants-might-reach-one-billion-2050

We have a very low population density and 100,000 refugees is hardly a drop in the bucket.  Our aging population demographics could be strengthened by a new influx of immigrants. 
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-column-miller-immigration/aging-united-states-must-get-the-economics-right-on-immigration-idUSKCN1BP184

Historically, people showed up at Ellis Island and were widely accepted.  Your idea of social engineering and selection of people based on racial quotas and an "ideal immigrant" is very new and reminds me of nazi Germany's desire to create a supreme race of people.  The US was built on multiculturalism and the quote on the statue of liberty should still hold merit.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/30/solve-migrant-caravan-problem-help-us-economy-work-visas-column/1811074002/

I respect your honesty but the idea that you would discriminate against someone because their political views are different from yours is un-American.  Your desire to create a nation of people who only hold the views you hold is bigoted.  I would never suggest the denial of someone simply because we have difference of political opinion. 

A lot of people come to America to avoid that same sort of political persecution you are suggesting.  Have you no respect for diversity? Shame.  Your sense of urgency is alarming.  Why do you feel so threatened in the first place?  If your ideas are correct and righteous, shouldn't you have faith that they will win out and withstand the test of the time?

I see so you care about political discrimination do you? I can't remember you ever voicing a single concern over violence against Trump supporters and conservatives over the past couple years... funny how that rule suddenly changes isn't it? It is almost like your mind is constructed under a Post Modernist rubric where everything is pliable to the point that rules don't even exist any more, as long as you can explain it away!

Overrunning a nation with invaders is an ANCIENT battle tactic. This isn't a new game, just new faces with new toys.

https://www.quora.com/What-was-the-Kalergi-Plan

This is the template being followed.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:26:55 PM

Trump doesn't care. He is doing what is best for the people. If he makes a mistake, he knows he will be gone in two terms or less.

People are stupid. They look at the wall through eyes without understanding.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:56:29 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2018, 09:25:19 PM by Spendulus

Historically, people showed up at Ellis Island and were widely accepted.  Your idea of social engineering and selection of people based on racial quotas and an "ideal immigrant" is very new and reminds me of nazi Germany's desire to create a supreme race of people.  The US was built on multiculturalism and the quote on the statue of liberty should still hold merit.

I respect your honesty but the idea that you would discriminate against someone because their political views are different from yours is un-American.  Your desire to create a nation of people who only hold the views you hold is bigoted.  I would never suggest the denial of someone simply because we have difference of political opinion.  

A lot of people come to America to avoid that same sort of political persecution you are suggesting.  Have you no respect for diversity? Shame.  Your sense of urgency is alarming.  Why do you feel so threatened in the first place?  If your ideas are correct and righteous, shouldn't you have faith that they will win out and withstand the test of the time?
No, you are definitely one I would not let in, but you have not understood the reasons why.  That's fine with me. I wouldn't let you in because of your constant lying. As an example, your words, totally made up....

Historically, people showed up at Ellis Island and were widely accepted.  Your idea of social engineering and selection of people based on racial quotas and an "ideal immigrant" is very new

You obviously don't know or care about the actual facts about Ellis Island. For example, people with turberculosis were turned back there. Good policy, right? Accept only healthy people? And you don't know about country quotas either, right?

Of course you knew about those things, you're just lying because it suits you.

As for future caravans of climate change, sure...buddy....

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
coins4commies

@cryptocommies

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:15:41 AM

Historically, people showed up at Ellis Island and were widely accepted.  Your idea of social engineering and selection of people based on racial quotas and an "ideal immigrant" is very new and reminds me of nazi Germany's desire to create a supreme race of people.  The US was built on multiculturalism and the quote on the statue of liberty should still hold merit.

I respect your honesty but the idea that you would discriminate against someone because their political views are different from yours is un-American.  Your desire to create a nation of people who only hold the views you hold is bigoted.  I would never suggest the denial of someone simply because we have difference of political opinion.  

A lot of people come to America to avoid that same sort of political persecution you are suggesting.  Have you no respect for diversity? Shame.  Your sense of urgency is alarming.  Why do you feel so threatened in the first place?  If your ideas are correct and righteous, shouldn't you have faith that they will win out and withstand the test of the time?
No, you are definitely one I would not let in, but you have not understood the reasons why.  That's fine with me. I wouldn't let you in because of your constant lying. As an example, your words, totally made up....

Historically, people showed up at Ellis Island and were widely accepted.  Your idea of social engineering and selection of people based on racial quotas and an "ideal immigrant" is very new

You obviously don't know or care about the actual facts about Ellis Island. For example, people with turberculosis were turned back there. Good policy, right? Accept only healthy people? And you don't know about country quotas either, right?

Of course you knew about those things, you're just lying because it suits you.

As for future caravans of climate change, sure...buddy....

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

If I said something that was false, why would you assume I am lying?  Its the internet.  Why would I lie just to prove a point when you can easily access the facts.  If someone says something wrong, why not just assume they are misinformed instead of assuming they are evil and trying to trick you with a lie?

I have no opposition of health screening but we aren't doing that anymore.  I'd love to setup ellis island centers all along the southern border with enough staffing and capacity to process anyone who wanted to come and give them health screening.  That would be fantastic.  Why do you assume people who disagree with you want to spread infectious diseases?

We are at the bridge, THIS is us getting to it.  Honduras has suffered a historic drought at the same time of this instability.  Same with Syria and the horn of Africa. 
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:05:12 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2018, 03:21:41 AM by Spendulus

I have no opposition of health screening but we aren't doing that anymore.  ....

Standard questions and issues on the immigration forms, dude.

Every applicant....

So you are wrong. Now be honest. You are either for unimpeded illegal entry, which MEANS no health screening, or you are for legal immigration, which means health screening. And we know you are for unimpeded illegal immigration, so stop the lying ("saying things that are false"/"being misinformed" blah-blah-blah) about being for health screening.

We are at the bridge, THIS is us getting to it.  Honduras has suffered a historic drought at the same time of this instability.  Same with Syria and the horn of Africa.  
No, it's not. Again, you are wrong.

You just can't slap blame on climate change for every stupid political agenda item you are told to believe in over and over.

The Government of Honduras declared State of Emergency in the Dry Corridor from August 15th until December 31st, 2018, to address the lack of water provoking a loss of crops. The drought, triggered by El Niño, affects 145 municipalities from 13 departments.

El Nino is a standard, ordinary and periodic weather event.
https://reliefweb.int/disaster/dr-2018-000106-slv

What are El Niño and La Niña?
El Niño and La Niña are opposite phases of a natural climate pattern across the tropical Pacific Ocean that swings back and forth every 3-7 years on average. Together, they are called ENSO (pronounced “en-so”), which is short for El Niño-Southern Oscillation.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/el-niño-and-la-niña-frequently-asked-questions

The ENSO pattern in the tropical Pacific can be in one of three states: El Niño, Neutral, or La Niña. El Niño (the warm phase) and La Niña (the cool phase) lead to significant differences from the average ocean temperatures, winds, surface pressure, and rainfall across parts of the tropical Pacific. Neutral indicates that conditions are near their long-term average.
Nikivanov346

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:54:51 AM

This is going to be a weird game of tower defence. The most massive tower defense game in hundreds of years.
Only it is not a game. Confrontation and standoff on the border. This wall will only become a reason of conflicts but won't affect the illigal migration traffic. These measures will increase the cost of help for illigal border crossing as I think.
HayaH

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 11:50:52 AM

I'm baffled by those who may support forward thinking initiatives such as Bitcoin and yet cheer Trump and his wall. There is nothing decentralized nor modern about a wall, it's totally old school and quite ineffective to boot. While should we look for information and currency to flow freely from nation to nation but block people from doing so? It won't stop illegal immigration - it'll cost a bunch, cause disputes and border issues, harm the environment,make people fleeing dependent upon criminals for passage, destabilize border towns on both sides, potentially trap people if any country becomes too dangerous; alienate allies on the continent, divide south America from North America and otherwise isn't any good for us as a species. Heck, that whole "me first isolationism" stuff that Trump spews is counter to the world that Satoshi envisioned when he / she / they created bitcoin.

Decentralized, global, transparent system......

You're either for the future or against it....

either for walls or for bridges....

I can only guess what Satoshi would likely say about Trump and his wall.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 01:41:36 PM

I'm baffled by those who may support forward thinking initiatives such as Bitcoin and yet cheer Trump and his wall...

So I need a passport to go to Mexico but Mexicans don't need a passport to come to the US?
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 02:34:24 PM

People hate the "walls of Trump" because it is the supreme symbol of the differentiation of cultures and peoples, in contrast to the reigning modernism that claims that the oppressed have more rights than the “oppressors”, so the separation incites them hate these symbols.

The differentiation of peoples is something natural since the beginning of humanity, when these were united was when one surpassed the other and forced him to remain in this. In no way an uncontrolled union, even if it is a search for opportunities, is something natural or healthy for countries, as is evident throughout Europe.

well mexicans and aztecs also differentiated between themselves (culturally and geographically) and the tribes that they enslaved and sacrificed to their gods

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: