Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:22:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you HODL because you believe the price will go up? Or are you lost too much?  (Read 1467 times)
timmydakolo2

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 10:35:56 PM

I wonder if you HODL because you believe the price will go up? Or are you lost too much already so you don't see any reason to sell because you won't be satisfied with the money you will cash out?
I have this self-conflict for a few months already

Definitely when I started i HODL thinking the price will go up, but as time goes by I came to realise that it's all greed and before one could realised it will dump back on you really hard to recover will be a long term.
BigBrother

Activity: 439
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:41:27 PM

I keep holding my coins because I believe it can grow in the future. I mostly take part in bounty companies, so I didn't lose my money. I chose the safer path.

greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:44:24 PM

I was holding my investments for a while, but I became in a condition when I needed money right away, so I sold the biggest part per price that moment, yes, I sold cheaper than I invested, but what to do. No matter on all of those prognoses, crypto do not seemed to go to raise so soon.
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:53:42 AM

I think there is a combination of two factors. People lost a lot and believe in growth. In general, this is a very difficult year psychologically for each of us. The fact that you have self-conflict by such questions is nothing terrible.
My motivation for staying here is not going to sell bitcoin below the purchase price because I will get a loss, I just think keep keeping Bitcoin in a down market condition and expect prices to rise high. the possibility of price growth can come in the future.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:24:21 AM

Of course, I hodl especially these bearish days in order to cut the loss and still hoping that btc will pump hard again. This is the safest way I've known for preservibg the value of my earnings.

But assuming that these bad days don't improve and continue to fall down 'til the moment that I badly needed some money for my thesis then I will not hesitate to withdraw. It's hard for my feelings but I don't have a choice anyway.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:25:32 AM

I hold because I believe the price will get better in the future, I see that bitcoin got so many potential that still unrevealed, and actually bitcoin got a lot of supporters, but because of the unclear regulation, some of them become hesitate to adopt bitcoin, I am an early adopter so I already making profit, I only cash out when I need the money, so no matter what is the price I already satisfy
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

spinarium.com

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:16:23 AM

It's true. Not only you, I am also a little doubt with the current market condition and think whether HODL is the best choice or not. But it seems we have no choice to avoid losses except with HODLing. Yeah, If I sell my coins in low price, I will be very unsatisfied.           

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:31:24 AM

I believe this is the best way to do when btc is on bear market since you will not be gaining profit if you sell it this time and it's not the right time to do it. I believe that it will recover soon even if it takes a bit longer in waiting, people should have to extend their patience in times like this. This maybe the right time and opportunity in buying additional btc  so as to gain additional profit from your investment once bull market takes over.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 02:35:06 AM

Here mostly people's believes and hold the price will go up some of them not bear the pressure and sold some in the panic condition but mostly people's are waiting and holding because they knew it will jump up and again at the top.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 04:11:28 AM

I wonder if you HODL because you believe the price will go up? Or are you lost too much already so you don't see any reason to sell because you won't be satisfied with the money you will cash out?
i hodl because i really believe the price will go up
while the price is low it still a good opportunity to buy some
i use to split my money in cash and bitcoin and just check the price few times a month
when the price is low buy some and when the price is high sell some

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
kamudd

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:17:40 AM

I hold hold for bitcoin because I'm sure the price will go up someday, but there are also a number of altcoins that I have and I hold it because I've lost too much so until now I just saved it without a purpose.

ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:20:19 AM

I believe that if you have atlest less profit then sell it now, but if there is no profit for selling now the only chance i think is to hodl and patiently wait for the increasing of price in the market.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:37:10 AM

Hodl is a better way to avoid losses so I still keep on hodling because I believe that bitcoin and the whole crypto market will stage a bounce back in the near future. But even in the bearish period of the market there still some price movement, it means coins have price uptrends, some of them significant to make a good profit. I hodl only those coins that has the potential to go up in the future.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:46:42 AM

A few months ago, I lost a lot of money in the red market. At present, we are also facing a bear market. I think this time is not perfect to sell my assets. So I will hold my assets for the long-term. I believe in the future I will get enough profits from my investment.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:38:12 AM

I held a hold because I am sure that in the future there is still hope that bitcoin will be accepted by the public and the market will improve again, and large losses strengthen the decision to hold, because even if I sell crypto assets today with losses, it will not change my financial conditions at all. the asset that I hold is an asset that is ready to lose and will not affect my living conditions in the real world.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:43:00 AM

I hold to my coins because I strongly believe that the prices will be much higher in the future. It is a pity to sell now when the crypto market is not mature and widely adopted.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:50:25 AM

I hodl because of the two reasons stated by you.  I believe that I am holding the coins because I believe in it.  And if in case I lost my faith on the coin, I would not sell it since it would be a loss if I sell it right now.  So hodl is a win-win solution when we believe in a coin and hold when the market will incur us too much loss if we sell them.
MahalQu2612

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:23:19 AM

Probably, in my observation majority of the holders they're doing it both, even me If I don't need any hassle I would rather do hold the coins in a long term to minimize the risk, then by doing this things also is the safest methods for us to earn surely, we just need to be patience due to on this way our patience will be measure by this matter anyway.
Sethrey

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:37:19 AM

As for me I still hold as I believe that it will rise again probably. I already earned on crypto and withdraw my investments. Money that are on hold now is the part of earned ones.
Anyway I don't want to lose these coins too. So I gave it a chance till the beginning of next year I think.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:00:10 AM

I hodl because of my beliefs and point of views on what's happening based on my own research and I don't depend on others opinion or suggestions about what's going to happen, I trust my own instinct because, to be honest in here there is no one who knows what might happen in the Crypto Currency market and if the value of Crypto Currencies will increase or decrease except if the whales manipulate the price they might know what's going to happen next LOL. Grin

I'm using Bitcoin for a five years now and I've seen much worse scenarios with Bitcoin and didn't give up so I don't have such bad attitude towards current price.
I hold Bitcoin because I beleive it and because it's my way of life. I know that not always situation will be ideal and we have to hold on the bad times too. That is how I see it.
I usualy don't buy Bitcoins but earn them so I'm in much better situation than those who have bought it and lost a lot since last year. That is why your personal goals and strategy are very important.
Those who bought a lot of Bitcoin last year during its skyrocketing already learned their lessons now in a very hard way and I think some of them already sold their hodlings especially when they have affected by FUD and some of them are still hodling planning for a fiat exit when Bitcoin reaches their desired price. In this industry, the real enemy is our emotions and once our emotions are at its peak and uncontrollable those are the times we feel depression and other sorts of negativity. Majority of the time, expectations turn out the opposite way and to have a strong emotional control is surely required in this very wild industry that requires a lot of understanding, knowledge, and patience. Cool
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: