Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BTC and the Alts be easier to manipulate now  (Read 1084 times)
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:36:57 PM

From all indication there will no bull run soon, majority predicted that there will be bull run by December but now we have gotten to December and the market is still going down, so let's hope for green market next year 2019.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 08:41:53 AM

Crypto currency has always been easy to manipulate and now it seems lil more easier and it's getting less romantic
Romantic? LMAO do you romance the market like everyday? Or do you expect profits everyday so you can be high like everytime you take a shot? Come on how do you expect an unregulated asset to be not manipulated? Same reason why stocks and commodities have to be regulated or they will be the source of offshoring money. You cant stop that from happening and so you will have to deal with it.

I think that now it is easier to manipulate cryptocurrencies. The smaller the market, the easier it is to manipulate them. But I think that regulators will not allow to simply manipulate the market.
There are no regulators. I wonder how long you have been in crypto that you are making statements like these.

Yes, I agree with you, a lot of shitcoin has been circulating lately, and that makes the cryptocurrency market chaotic.
There are loads of shit in the world. Would you lick that or grab the gold from in between? Wink

And maybe that way greedy people manipulate the market.
Not necessarily.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:45:16 AM

The market is down generally and we are going to see its opposite soon and that my soon is not tomorrow or next but some years like 2 , it will come up with a very big surge that is will surpass the old high and the more higher we go then the chances of more vulnerability ,so every one should just prepared their mind and never think the bubble has burst.

playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:05:50 AM

The market is down generally and we are going to see its opposite soon and that my soon is not tomorrow or next but some years like 2 , it will come up with a very big surge that is will surpass the old high and the more higher we go then the chances of more vulnerability ,so every one should just prepared their mind and never think the bubble has burst.

Yes we can definitely change one cryptocurrency to other at all time in these days the investing people are very less than before so we can definitely change or manipulate one currency to other very easily at this time this is my opinion.

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:54:20 PM

That so much capital left the market? Market cap was $220 billion 3 weeks ago. Today, we are barely holding on to $125 billion market cap. How much lower can btc go in price? 3k, 2k, 1k?

I don't feel like it's dead, but I feel like it is a lot more vulnerable than it was prior to a month ago, and I am not certain about a recovery any time soon.

Currently the marketcap of bitcoin is about $60 billion, it is lower than you wrote this thread.
About recovery, i don't think there is anyone who knows when the cryptocurrency market will be recovered.
For now, we can only stay monitoring the market and hoping they will be better soon.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 09:29:26 AM

The ones who think that the bubble has burst are either no-coiners who never entered in bitcoin because they were never interested in it but they want to place their expert comments in. The second are those who are preying on weak hands to sell their coins at a loss so they could catch them at discounted price than before.

consider it as an opportunity to buy very cheap bitcoin and make good money on it
You wont be making good money right away. But since we have seen from the past charts of bitcoin that patience is very rewarding for those who have it. Price may drop more at this point as well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:47:26 AM

Bitcoin and the market was easy to be manipulated from the beginning. We already saw bitcoin crashing or lowering the price for more than 70% for multiple times right? To manipulate the market, all they need is millions of dollars, creating FUD crypto related news and false break out or bull run then that is it, investors will immediately dump their holdings once they see their funds going down day by day. For the record, bitcoin crashes but also recovering where it reaches an all time high.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:09:49 AM

This cryptocurrency manipulation have been mentioned and discussed many times in the past in this forum especially a time when the market is down. There are also reports from online media that some big amount of ethereum have been transferred by a whale to a certain crypto exchange. If cryptocurrencies are really manipulated by the whales then the next bullrun will no longer dictated by supply and demand. 

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
delphic

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:09:33 AM

I'm afraid the price may drop to 1,000.It sounds scary, of course.But you have to face the truth.This is a complete failure of the gentlemen, we were cheated again.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
SventraPapere

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

Yes, now cryptocurrency is weak and vulnerable as ever.We did not expect such a failure.In one year everything was gone.We were expecting trouble and were prepared for it.But the fact that we'll lose without a fight was not expecting anyone.If bitcoin drops another 1,000, I'll just forget about it as a bad dream.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

That so much capital left the market? Market cap was $220 billion 3 weeks ago. Today, we are barely holding on to $125 billion market cap. How much lower can btc go in price? 3k, 2k, 1k?

I don't feel like it's dead, but I feel like it is a lot more vulnerable than it was prior to a month ago, and I am not certain about a recovery any time soon.

For some people, yes. But I guess the market has still more capital to be manipulated, but who knows. Maybe they can do something about it now.
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:36:06 PM

You can say so based on the fact of low capital volume in the market at the moment but low volume can also means that even a manipulation present itself the manipulator will not be able to gain much from the market as well, it is like no point to manipulate when the market volume is low.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:26:17 PM

i think the private banks/ elite/ illuminati/ whatever you want to call them are working on destroying bitcoin by a 51% attack on mining. that why i say zero because its the only way bitcoin could ever reach that price. bear in mind that we did once flash crash to zero during the mtgox hack.

Dreamace7

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

: ”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:55:16 PM

The market cap amount is affect by varieties of coins in the coin market cap so that has little influence to the situation of bitcoin at hand the market can always be manipulated even before now the whales has always controlled the market a bit

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:16:58 PM

i think the private banks/ elite/ illuminati/ whatever you want to call them are working on destroying bitcoin by a 51% attack on mining. that why i say zero because its the only way bitcoin could ever reach that price. bear in mind that we did once flash crash to zero during the mtgox hack.

Mt. Gox hacked is different scenario. They have all the majority of bitcoins that time because they're the only crypto exchanges that traders.

No one thinks that the market is dead except for people who wanted to spread FUD here. As for the market cap going down, its pretty obvious because we're in a bear market, its $115 billion right now, but I guess we're going to hold on $100 b and the support is going to be strong.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:21:11 PM

what does the total market cap have anything to do with bitcoin price that you are asking your question like this?!! there are trillions of tokens in circulation and when the price of shitcoins fall this total market cap ($200 billion) gets dumped hard with them. just as when  shitcoins are pumping it shoots up! it is fake anyways.

as for manipulation, the more you manipulate and the more you push the price down the harder it gets since the resistance would become bigger and bigger. to a point where  the buying power not only negates the manipulators but also pushes it back up again.

I somehow agree. I mean, look at what's happening now. Most of the coins can't seem to take a break from the dumps that's been happening all around. It's really hard for them to recuperate due to several factors but mostly because of how the negative market trends keep on affecting most of the coins that it's really becoming hard to recover. One good example is Ethereum, it has been in a steady decline these days despite all the favorable news that so to speak one would expect to help it gain.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:45:37 PM

I think that now it is easier to manipulate cryptocurrencies. The smaller the market, the easier it is to manipulate them. But I think that regulators will not allow to simply manipulate the market.

The whales never stopped to manipulate the cryptocurrencies. Naturally, now, when they have already concentrated the largest part of Bitcoins and the top-20 cryptocurrencies, it has become easier fo them.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:56:30 PM

I am sure every big investor will surely want to cut loses and sell to avoid losing more.  Hence the market cap will still possibly go down low.  Many have predicted we will go below 3000$ and I think we should see 2500$ or lower before it stabilizes and consistently move forward.  Nothing is dead here,  manipulation will keep on happening.  Everyone should be wise and make good decisions. 
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:24:25 PM

Manipulation is not new thing in Crypto, particularly Bitcoin, because only few people hold the greatest amount. As for the price, we see very low prices expectations because the sentiment is extremely bearish, but some are unreasonable. However, it is big opportunity for some entities to collect more Bitcoin, that why we watch such prices, but I believe this situation is good for the future of Bitcoin.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:18:54 PM

I think this volatility will be as temporary as all previous times. This is a difficult period for investors and can bring negative consequences for bitcoins, but I'm really sure that this unfavorable period will soon end.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: