Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL'ers lose. That is no surprise  (Read 3793 times)
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 03:48:27 PM

"I told you so" comes to mind.

I warned everyone in here again and again in the beginning of 2018.

Get out of Bitcoin as fast as you can to limit your losses.

Everytime so-called "experts" and "investors" in here said to HODL. Bitcoin would soon go to the moon.

Only the most blind and stupid still believe Bitcoin will ever recover.

The sooner you get out, the smaller your loss. If you wait, you can be sure the loss will be even bigger.

Blockchain technology has a great future, but cryptocurrencies - any crypto -  are a dead end.

and still, we are in bearish market, but why are you so bitter in a way that I think Bitcoin disappointed you that much for you to easily conclude something mean like this. I hope you do know that Bitcoin and all of the cryptocurrencies are volatile, which will fluctuates every single time with different reasons, if only you knew that, you won't say that hodlers are losers but the truth is you are the one who is loser because you probably already sold your Bitcoin because of too much panic.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 04:23:08 PM

Holding waste your time and your money is not running how to get profit, lets think together when your altcoin assets at lower price but keep holding, when you use for trade on other altcoin you can take back your money.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 06:05:06 PM

Blockchain technology has a great future, but cryptocurrencies - any crypto -  are a dead end.

This is the most hilarious joke I've ever read. You are completely dumb and that is no surprise too. Blockchain was created because of bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies use it to later on. Let me google it for you, maybe you don't know about google that is why you are lacking in informations about it. Wikipedia says blockchain was invented for bitcoin made it the first digital currency to solve the double-spending problem without the need of trusted authority or central server, in short, blockchain wouldn't be here if bitcoin was never created.

and if cryptocurrencies are all dead, so do blockchain, but I assume you will not understand any of that.
BaronCoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 07:21:27 PM

Everyone should decide to sell Bitcoin or wait for the best price. If you advise something, then give why you need to do this.
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 07:47:13 PM

It make sense to be hodlers but only under two conditions, First, having a large amount. Second get it at low price. If you invest a large amount you'll profit on long term, but if you have only small amount it doesn't worth wait a long period of time to double that amount. actually with active trading you double that amount in short time, So holding is not the perfect strategy in that regard. In reality what happens is most people buy at high price and hold, this a wrong thing to do and 99% you will end up losing a lot and waiting a long time for just having your capital back. Having that said, I disagree with freightjoe's argument that, saying that bitcoin price will never recover, the time has proven that he was wrong anyway, we saw the bitcoin up to 14k against though we still not sure if this a bull market or it's just Dead cat bounce.
crutu

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 07:51:25 PM

For me holding always win, because long term holding always brings you profit, yes it is not like day trading that will gave you a lot of profit when you keeps on winning, but when you are holding your coin it will lessen the risk to lose it all. I am a holder and a trader I can say that both are good.
Holding Bitcoin is still profitable. It has already been estimated that for the entire existence of Bitcoin, it was beneficial to keep it in about 98 percent of all this time. Bitcoin will once again rise high in its price and fall to take off to new heights. This is how a decentralized cryptocurrency should behave.

of course, holding bitcoin for a long time is still profitable and this is a simple way to minimize losses. seeing that current market price movements are declining more frequently, I think to do daily trading on bitcoin now is not the right time, it would be better if we are able to hold it for the long term

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 08:04:49 PM

It make sense to be hodlers but only under two conditions, First, having a large amount. Second get it at low price. If you invest a large amount you'll profit on long term, but if you have only small amount it doesn't worth wait a long period of time to double that amount. actually with active trading you double that amount in short time, So holding is not the perfect strategy in that regard. In reality what happens is most people buy at high price and hold, this a wrong thing to do and 99% you will end up losing a lot and waiting a long time for just having your capital back. Having that said, I disagree with freightjoe's argument that, saying that bitcoin price will never recover, the time has proven that he was wrong anyway, we saw the bitcoin up to 14k against though we still not sure if this a bull market or it's just Dead cat bounce.
right and that means trading will be more profitable despite the many efforts that need to be done but at least we don't need to waste time just to hold for a long time, because usually they only spend a little money to hold the long term and of course it will not profitable in the end

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 08:18:31 PM

Warning this OP is a high-level troll.

Even tagged red for being a silly troll. Don't you have anything better to do? Is this your only method of attention? For someone who believes bitcoin is for idiots you sure do spend a lot of time around these "idiots" so I guess it makes you an idiot by your own definition then.

If you don't like bitcoin fine. Sell your bitcoin and go live your life. Why are you still here?

It looks like the OP troll left last December and hasn't come back. Holding is a long term prospect, not for weeks or months and if you have done so you've been well rewarded.  The same type of troll thought bitcoin couldn't sustain dollar parity, or $10 or $30 or $100 or $1000 etc.  It hasn't ever been straight up, and has been a bumpy road.

Everyone who listened to the trolls and sold out at those points lost out on tremendous gains.  People who mined (or bought) and held have done great.

Anyone selling now is ignoring the upcoming halving which -in the past- has had big gains in the year after. Will it happen this time?  No one knows for sure, but a halving of new supply with constant or growing demand is simple economics.  If you sell now, it is a poor gamble.
migws

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 08:20:18 PM

right and that means trading will be more profitable despite the many efforts that need to be done but at least we don't need to waste time just to hold for a long time, because usually they only spend a little money to hold the long term and of course it will not profitable in the end

In my opinion, there is now a tendency in the market that the long-term perspective is no longer as profitable as the short-term. It became in 2019 as i see
Diirtmaan

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 09:57:47 PM

The first post of this thread is very ridiculous. In my opinion, cryptocurrency will live and develop as successfully as Blockchain. And I’m sure that Bitcoin is like a roller coaster, and with proper training everyone can get a stable profit. The main thing is to make smart actions and not make hasty decisions
Kizaki

Activity: 413

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 11:00:47 PM

Not all h hodlers lose money mate there are some but majority of hodlers surely profit on holding bitcoin specialy for a long period of time.It is proven that year after year bitcoins  price rise and sometimes doubles its value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
HarmonyA

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 11:12:09 PM

It depends on the type of coin said HODLers. Though trading is the most interesting part of the crypto business. It helps you understand the volatility of cryptocurrency and also educate you on what to do in the deep. This is why traders are risk-takers, but in the risk, a lot is learned which is transmitted to the entire crypto space for review and enlightenment. No matter the downtime, crypto still have many goodies to offer
flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 07:48:14 AM

Yeah sure holdlers lose. Especially those who held for 5+ years, lost almost everything  Grin Grin Grin Except NOT. The one's that lose most are panic sellers, they have no guts to hold for a while and therefore end up in negative balance  Cheesy

Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 08:10:58 AM

I can sell all my bitcoin and buy something that will become wasted after some time, but I can buy that unnecessary thing for cash and save bitcoin for a possible big profit in the future for which I will buy something much more expensive and necessary like a house or a car. I see no reason to spend the opportunity to get rich.
Chmel

Activity: 994
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 08:54:41 AM

Yeah sure holdlers lose. Especially those who held for 5+ years, lost almost everything  Grin Grin Grin Except NOT. The one's that lose most are panic sellers, they have no guts to hold for a while and therefore end up in negative balance  Cheesy

Who hold for 5 + years  lost everything?) OKay, 5 years ago btc price was around 400-500$, now it around ~8000$. Panic sellers lost everything, yes I agree with this. Maybe holders from 2018 lost many deposits but not holders from 2014.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 09:56:13 AM

Who hold for 5 + years  lost everything?) OKay, 5 years ago btc price was around 400-500$, now it around ~8000$. Panic sellers lost everything, yes I agree with this. Maybe holders from 2018 lost many deposits but not holders from 2014.

I agree that you said the holders from 2018 lost many deposits but not crypto holders from 2012- 2014. Like you said when bitcoin price rate is 400- 500$ some holders buy it and holding it for a year waiting to the much profitable amount to them, and I'm sure when bitcoin price becomes almost 20k$ some holders sell their bitcoin and become wealthy. But when you are buying a bitcoin in the year 2018, and waiting for bitcoin to reach 20k$ I think you should have more patience. Smiley
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 10:34:50 AM

Holder always lost their money because altcoin is not good planning for the future, many holder have left of cryptocurrency because they bought at higher price and have lost assets on lower price.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 10:58:22 AM

For me holding always win, because long term holding always brings you profit, yes it is not like day trading that will gave you a lot of profit when you keeps on winning, but when you are holding your coin it will lessen the risk to lose it all. I am a holder and a trader I can say that both are good.

It depends on what coin/altcoin. I keep holding my THC since early 2017 now its delisted on  bittrex. A huge loss for me since I did not get my capital. Bitcoin for long term will be good since theres adaption every year. Though its not stable yet since some are still caashing out and dumping thier holdings, but the popularity of bitcoin doenst wane out.
jsgonzales

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 12:43:23 PM

Well.. it depends on where u invest lol.. if u dont analyze coins before investing, u deserve to lose all the money. u can make some xs in the bullish trend, but be prepared to lose everything.. if company actually develops stuff it may be a good oidea but i think 98% of icos dont do anything, only telegram announcements..  rn bitcoin https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCUSD is being manipulated cause of cme futures
Sancho18

Activity: 728
Merit: 368

Sancho

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 12:56:38 PM

It depends on what coin/altcoin. I keep holding my THC since early 2017 now its delisted on  bittrex. A huge loss for me since I did not get my capital. Bitcoin for long term will be good since theres adaption every year. Though its not stable yet since some are still caashing out and dumping thier holdings, but the popularity of bitcoin doenst wane out.
Last year clearly showed that the word altcoin has only a few correct letters, and the other of them must be replaced by "shit". I am sure that Bitcoin has a great future, but most altcoins have their own life cycle. Although I continue to keep some altcoins, in the hope that among the heap of shit may be a real gem.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: