Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there more profitable cryptocurrencies than Bitcoin?  (Read 18276 times)
rillater (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:27:47 PM

Soon it will be a year since the bitcoin touched its maximum price, and after almost a year of downward trend, I would like to know if any cryptocurrency or any project has managed to beat the performance of Bitcoin. It seems that the decline of Bitcoin has dragged down the value of all cryptocurrencies, and regardless of how good a project was, its value has also declined.
Is there any cryptocurrency that is worth more now than a year ago?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:55:56 PM

Don't forget that the price of bitcoin goes a long way to determine the prices of altcoins as well. Thus a steady downtrend in Bitcoin also implies a a terrible price for altcoins as well.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:01:24 PM

There are quite few. I'm not sure how exactly you can check this specifically but I've had a quick look and it appears only one of the top 20 or so marketcap coins has done so and that is Binance Coin. 

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
rillater (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:15:03 PM

There are quite few. I'm not sure how exactly you can check this specifically but I've had a quick look and it appears only one of the top 20 or so marketcap coins has done so and that is Binance Coin. 
I mean that due to the fall of Bitcoin, the entire market has dropped in value. Although some cryptomonedas have endured better, I can not find projects that are worth more than a year ago, that means that the future of any project is very conditioned by the evolution of the market of large cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cryptocurrencychart.com/chart/BTC,ETH,LTC,DASH,ETC,XMR,ZEC,STEEM,FCT,DCR,WAVES,LSK,USDT,QTUM,IOTA,EOS,OMG,ANS2,BNB2,BCH2,MKR,XTZ,BTG3,ICX,BCD/priceReturnOnInvestment/USD/linear/2018-01-05/2018-12-04
Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:30:49 PM

To be very honest with you there is no coin in the cryptocurrency that is as good as bitcoin and I really don't think there would be.

Yes this year is turning out quite to opposite for bitcoin as to last year but there is no doubt that bitcoin is an established coin and can pump up again
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 08:33:34 PM

Soon it will be a year since the bitcoin touched its maximum price, and after almost a year of downward trend, I would like to know if any cryptocurrency or any project has managed to beat the performance of Bitcoin. It seems that the decline of Bitcoin has dragged down the value of all cryptocurrencies, and regardless of how good a project was, its value has also declined.

waves did today +40% while bitcoin in downward trend lost but today did 2% if you compare novermber the massakre month for bitcoin

while bitcoin did -30% waves added 10%

i am since quite a while in this forum publicly that waves is an undervalued ethereum

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:41:46 PM

There are many interesting projects, but all of them are different from Bitcoin. All of them have their own advantages and disadvantages.
At the moment, I think that is too early to speak about the successor of Bitcoin. The king will be one for a long time.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:55:25 PM

As some sad some unique coisn like wave made some profits
But there is also the  fact that most alt coins always going down when bitcoins falls and going up when bitcoin is going up.
So pick the best time to invest in Bitcoin. Or maybe visit the altcoin section of this Forum Wink

regards
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:06:09 PM

Since bitcoin is definitely the king I think it rules the market. Where by other altcoins follow its foot steps I believe we have great coin out there one can buy in but to beat up bitcoin as a whole is quite impossible.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:11:57 AM

in short term:
of course, there are LOTS of altcoins that can be more profitable than bitcoin. for example bitcoin at best case scenario in the past has gone up about 30 to 40% in one week but there has been shitcoins that have gotten pumped 1000000 (1 million) percent in a couple of days. so they can be more profitable than bitcoin in short term.
but also altcoins are riskier because they get dumped just as much and lose that 1 million % pump as fast as they gained it. so you have to be careful to dump them before they dump on you.

in long term:
NO.
so far no altcoin could outperform bitcoin in the long run mainly because  altcoin rises are pumps and pumps can not last long without a dump. and when they get dumped they drop sharply and go down to their initial price or even lower.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:49:23 AM

Don't forget that the price of bitcoin goes a long way to determine the prices of altcoins as well. Thus a steady downtrend in Bitcoin also implies a a terrible price for altcoins as well.
I agree with you on this. Every altcoin depends on the value of bitcoin as well. If bitcoin is experiencing dips might as well affects altcoins' performance in the market. With the current bearish market, there's really no altcoin that can be more profitable than bitcoin. Maybe by next year there will be more promising projects that can give us decent amounts of profit in terms of its growth. We just have to be positive and wait for the bull run next year 2019.
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 07:19:28 AM

I would like to know if any cryptocurrency or any project has managed to beat the performance of Bitcoin.

You can check coinmarketcap if you really want to know.

It seems that the decline of Bitcoin has dragged down the value of all cryptocurrencies, and regardless of how good a project was, its value has also declined.

Shitcoins are worth less than Bitcoin, yes. That should be understood to anyone buying bitcoin. There are scammers pretending to have coins that are valuable to steal people's bitcoin. Nothing is as value or close to as valuable as bitcoin.

Bitcoin is worth more every time a block is solved. It's being sold at discount rates for the next few months.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:33:23 AM

After Satoshi Nakamoto created the bitcoin currency, he also created another cryptocurrency, and we used to call it alt-coin, even he had said that the purpose of alt-coin creation was solely only to correct the flaws in bitcoin. Therefore, alt-coin is the right answer to answer your question. Nevertheless, I did not conclude that each alt-coin was good, because in its performance only a few coins had the potential, for example ETH, EOS, ADA, LITECOIN, and there were still some other coins that I didn't mention.

Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:52:20 AM

Personally, I have never treated BTC as "profitable"..
For sure, other coins are more profitable..
BTC has it`s features and usefullness, therefore no need to expect profitability from BTC..
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:10:08 AM

these are two different questions that you are asking here!
1. Is there any cryptocurrency that is worth more now than a year ago?
there was and still are a couple of altcoins that have a higher price than bitcoin. but that is not their value or worth. it is a manipulation. for example there is an altcoin named 42coin which has only 42 coins and because of that each coin of it has a high value which is a lot higher than bitcoin price. but it still is not worth anything.

2. Are there more profitable cryptocurrencies than Bitcoin?
profit is a different matter. profit comes from trading and in trading how much you make depends on your strategies and your experience on how to ride the market. it doesn't all depend on the asset.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
gudjhonson

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:12:13 AM

Until now, Bitcoin remains the parent of altcoins, every bitcoin movement can influence all coin tools. The market is always moving because the demand is always there and this continues even though bitcoin is worth falling but it can still make it better.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:14:53 AM

There are a lot of great cryptocurrencies on the market.

If you really are interested on knowing these great cryptocurrencies that has a high possibility of having a good price on the future, you need to make analyze charts, studies and earn experiences so you can make these predictions based on their features. Also, there are a lot of ways to know these, you can just search them using Google.
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:53:14 AM

So far I know there is no other profitable cryptocurrencies than bitcoin. Bitcoin is one and only profitable digital currency in the crypto world. No doubt bitcoin is in downstairs now but it is a common nature for bitcoin because it could appear with its real power any time. So don't worry stay with bitcoin.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:56:31 AM

Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency that determines the value of other cryptocurrencies. It values drops and so does altcoins. That is the power of bitcoin. One can invest in the 10 top cryptocurrencies in the market they will give good profit too.
nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:59:00 AM

The price of many cryptocurrencies depends on the price of Bitcoin, often when the price of Bitcoin rises or falls, most other coins behave the same way. This happens because Bitcoin is the most popular and significant cryptocurrency at the moment. Therefore it's real to make money on other cryptocurrencies except Bitcoin. You can also follow on with new coins on the market, you can often make some money on them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: