Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49475 times)
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2201

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2020, 06:25:31 PM

Need to update the images...thats not even Batch 1 images but the prototype  Undecided

fire the website guy lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2020, 07:51:17 PM

I copied everything from my Litecoin folder to the jump drive - I am using https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/usb-flash-drives/usb-3-1-flash-drive-fit-plus-64gb-muf-64ab-am/

I plugged it into the back of the Apollo and restarted the miner, once logged in I select node>start and I get the message "Please wait while node is starting up

This takes 5–15 minutes, and you will be redirected to the node dashboard" with a gear spinning --- after about 15 mins or more it just goes to Node is offline.

So, I hit the start option and it repeats the above and ends with it being offline, I have done this three times.

any suggestions?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 08:36:09 PM

You must copy Litecoin folder to root folder of USB drive. Not the content of Litecoin folder to root folder.

Maybe I dont understand you. Sorry.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2020, 08:40:44 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2020, 08:56:26 PM by Stryfe

You must copy Litecoin folder to root folder of USB drive. Not the content of Litecoin folder to root folder.

I made the folder "Litecoin" in the root folder and then copied the contents of my existing Litecoin Node to the "Litecoin" folder on the jump drive.

so its like E:\Litecoin\blocks and E:\Litecoin\chainstate and etc etc for all the folders/files that were on my external drive for my nodes (I am running 9 different crypto currency nodes atm and they are all housed on a single 2 tb external USB drive.

I simply copied everything from G:\Litecoin to E:\Litecoin (E:\ being the Samsung jump drive)

one update, I noticed that my regular Litecoin node went from 23 connections to only 8 connections (all outbound) - is there a chance the two nodes interfere with each other? I have never ran multiple nodes on the same network for the same coin. I have shut down my regular node, restarted the Apollo and trying to start the Apollo's node now.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 09:50:00 PM

I made the folder "Litecoin" in the root folder and then copied the contents of my existing Litecoin Node to the "Litecoin" folder on the jump drive.

so its like E:\Litecoin\blocks and E:\Litecoin\chainstate and etc etc for all the folders/files that were on my external drive for my nodes (I am running 9 different crypto currency nodes atm and they are all housed on a single 2 tb external USB drive.

I simply copied everything from G:\Litecoin to E:\Litecoin (E:\ being the Samsung jump drive)

one update, I noticed that my regular Litecoin node went from 23 connections to only 8 connections (all outbound) - is there a chance the two nodes interfere with each other? I have never ran multiple nodes on the same network for the same coin. I have shut down my regular node, restarted the Apollo and trying to start the Apollo's node now.

How have you formated the drive? Make sure its Fat32. The only interference could be if you haven't manually port forwarded...unpn might be changing the port forward from the old node to the new one, thats why your incoming connections got cut.

If its still not loading ssh into the Apollo and run

systemctl status node

and post the output here.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2020, 10:40:43 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2020, 11:27:23 PM by Stryfe

How have you formated the drive? Make sure its Fat32. The only interference could be if you haven't manually port forwarded...unpn might be changing the port forward from the old node to the new one, thats why your incoming connections got cut.

If its still not loading ssh into the Apollo and run

systemctl status node

and post the output here.

when I formatted it there was not a "FAT32" option. there was two choices "exFAT" and "NTFS" -- I assumed that "exFAT" was just a stupid windows 10 thing.

as for SSH I cannot figure it out for the Apollo I run putty, put in the ip address and when it comes up with user name - I dont know what to enter as I dont enter a user name when i log into the Apollo - so I have tried to just hit enter and enter the Apollo's PW but Putty always tells me its the wrong password.

second edit: I tried to use command prompt, diskpart, list disk, list volume, select volume 7 (that is the jump drive), format fs=FAT32 override (tried the override command to see if it would trump the limit of 32 gb) but it states that I cannot format the drive to FAT32 because the size of the drive is too big

Mine BTC @ kano.is
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 12:26:29 AM

when I formatted it there was not a "FAT32" option. there was two choices "exFAT" and "NTFS" -- I assumed that "exFAT" was just a stupid windows 10 thing.

as for SSH I cannot figure it out for the Apollo I run putty, put in the ip address and when it comes up with user name - I dont know what to enter as I dont enter a user name when i log into the Apollo - so I have tried to just hit enter and enter the Apollo's PW but Putty always tells me its the wrong password.

second edit: I tried to use command prompt, diskpart, list disk, list volume, select volume 7 (that is the jump drive), format fs=FAT32 override (tried the override command to see if it would trump the limit of 32 gb) but it states that I cannot format the drive to FAT32 because the size of the drive is too big

Here is a workaround for windows 10

https://www.howtogeek.com/316977/how-to-format-usb-drives-larger-than-32gb-with-fat32-on-windows/

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 12:35:00 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2020, 05:55:53 AM by Stryfe

Here is a workaround for windows 10

https://www.howtogeek.com/316977/how-to-format-usb-drives-larger-than-32gb-with-fat32-on-windows/

trying the first method on that page - it formatted it super quick and properties now show it as FAT32

copying over the "blocks" and the "chainstate" now

update:

did get it formatted as FAT32 - thanks for the link!

Created folder called Litecoin and copied my "blocks" and "chainstate" folders from my litecoin node folder over to the Litecoin folder I created on the jump drive.

shut off Apollo, plugged in the jump drive, started node - after 30 mins or so, I got the node offline message. Tried to start it again and got the message again that node is offline.

update:

it went a little further this round - gave me a "Loading block index..." but then after 15 mins showed "node is offline" so I am shutting it down, wiping the USB drive and starting over again.

update:

so while it is copying the folders over again. I tried to figure out the ssh and found the post that gave the credentials - for some reason, I thought it would be my credentials to log into the miner lol

so as asked, here is what it shows when I run "systemctl status node"

Code:
Last login: Fri Apr 24 04:23:49 2020 from 192.168.1.242

futurebit@futurebit:~$ systemctl status node
● node.service - node
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/node.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-04-24 03:32:07 UTC; 54min ago
  Process: 29387 ExecStop=/etc/node_stop.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 27392 ExecStart=/etc/node_start.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 27646 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Apr 24 03:29:30 futurebit systemd[1]: Starting node...
Apr 24 03:29:50 futurebit systemd[1]: Started node.
Apr 24 03:32:07 futurebit node_stop.sh[29387]: No screen session found.
Apr 24 03:32:07 futurebit systemd[1]: node.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Apr 24 03:32:07 futurebit systemd[1]: node.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 24 03:32:07 futurebit systemd[1]: node.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
futurebit@futurebit:~$

update:

ok drive is reformatted - FAT32 confirmed, "blocks" and "chainstate" folders copied over to the "Litecoin" folder in the drives root directory. Plugged in usb drive to Apollo and hit "start" on the node menu. Let's see what happens now Smiley

update:

this time around, I got the "rewinding blocks" and "verifying blocks" messages - had not seen these before so progress right?

here is what ssh shows:

Code:
Apr 24 04:38:11 futurebit systemd[1]: Starting node...
Apr 24 04:40:41 futurebit systemd[1]: Started node.
futurebit@futurebit:~$ systemctl status node
● node.service - node
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/node.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2020-04-24 04:40:41 UTC; 3min 23s ago
  Process: 29387 ExecStop=/etc/node_stop.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 15253 ExecStart=/etc/node_start.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 17151 (screen)
   CGroup: /system.slice/node.service
           ├─17151 SCREEN -dmS node /opt/bin/litecoind -datadir=/media/usb/Litecoin -conf=/opt/litecoin.conf
           └─17152 /opt/bin/litecoind -datadir=/media/usb/Litecoin -conf=/opt/litecoin.conf

Apr 24 04:38:11 futurebit systemd[1]: Starting node...
Apr 24 04:40:41 futurebit systemd[1]: Started node.
futurebit@futurebit:~$

update:

and success, the dashboard loaded! but I had no connections - I think the issue is that I have port 9333 forwarded for the node that runs on my PC - I had to remove that port forward from the pc's ip address and set it for the Apollo's ip address. Rebooting node and will see if that resolves it.

update:

after I shut down node, it gave me an error about displaying stats. I should have taken a screenshot and will if I see it again. I simply restarted the Apollo and once in hit start on the node - while waiting, the apollo has shut down twice - each time I have to restart the node. putty cannot get in to the miner while this is happening either. I am tired and going to bed - I get up in 4 hours for work. After I get going at work, I will revisit this again.

final update:

as you would have it, I was walking away and the Apollo shut down. So, of course I turned around and sat back down. This time the node restarted itself upon booting up - maybe that was the issue? the last two times it restarted, I was hitting start on the node instead of letting it do itself.

I have 12 connections however, my full node/wallet has only 8 (the standard outbound) due to the port forwarding issue - anyone know of a solution so I can run both nodes?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 10:47:10 AM

jstefanop, congratulations on releasing Litecoin Full Node software to every Apollo miner out there. This is great news and it will strengthen decentralization immensely. Thanks!
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 02:15:36 PM

Those of you who wish to get your node up and running from scratch, I just finished mine on an old laptop ASUS Vivobook S15 and it took about less than 4 hours.

Then, followed the instruction here to copy related files / directories to my USB drive with no issue.

Now ... those of us who pay for electricity and every penny counts - technically - I believe running node would probably add an extra penny (or more) to our tiny LTC mining business!

I haven’t had a chance to accurately verify how much, but something to keep in mind.

FWIW, unless you truly love and believe in LTC, you will be providing priceless service of adding security, stability and expansion primarily for those whose hash rates are far above hundreds of GH/s - and it will be anonymous and thankless effort!!
VictorGT

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 02:50:47 PM

Now ... those of us who pay for electricity and every penny counts - technically - I believe running node would probably add an extra penny (or more) to our tiny LTC mining business!

No. My tests on my undervolted Apollo says: before 96 W, after full node 96 W.  Grin
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 03:07:41 PM

No. My tests on my undervolted Apollo says: before 96 W, after full node 96 W.  Grin

http://www.tpcdb.com/list.php?type=32
VictorGT

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 03:56:03 PM

Inappreciable  Grin Grin
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 03:59:28 PM

Inappreciable  Grin Grin

Right, at most it would at 1-2 watts additional when the MCU is on full power loading the node...and thats only for the first 15-30 minutes.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 04:03:43 PM

update:

and success, the dashboard loaded! but I had no connections - I think the issue is that I have port 9333 forwarded for the node that runs on my PC - I had to remove that port forward from the pc's ip address and set it for the Apollo's ip address. Rebooting node and will see if that resolves it.

update:

after I shut down node, it gave me an error about displaying stats. I should have taken a screenshot and will if I see it again. I simply restarted the Apollo and once in hit start on the node - while waiting, the apollo has shut down twice - each time I have to restart the node. putty cannot get in to the miner while this is happening either. I am tired and going to bed - I get up in 4 hours for work. After I get going at work, I will revisit this again.

final update:

as you would have it, I was walking away and the Apollo shut down. So, of course I turned around and sat back down. This time the node restarted itself upon booting up - maybe that was the issue? the last two times it restarted, I was hitting start on the node instead of letting it do itself.

I have 12 connections however, my full node/wallet has only 8 (the standard outbound) due to the port forwarding issue - anyone know of a solution so I can run both nodes?

Yea I should have mentioned in the instructions that on first boot with the node USB plugged in it does a bunch of system level changes to initialize the node. You pressing start when it has already started probably cause the issues you were seeing.

Best way to start it up the first time is to shut down the Apollo, plug in the USB drive, power it up and leave it alone for an hour. When you go to the dashboard everything should be up and running.

As for port forwarding multiple nodes you can usually only port forward to one device in your network, so im not sure about a solution where you can have both nodes open to the outside world, I think you just have to chose one of them as a read only node. It does not matter either way, your doing your part as long as one node is open.

BTW what USB drive are you using?

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 05:12:58 PM

BTW what USB drive are you using?

I am using https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/usb-flash-drives/usb-3-1-flash-drive-fit-plus-64gb-muf-64ab-am/

Mine BTC @ kano.is
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 05:46:41 PM

Inappreciable  Grin Grin

Look, it’s a simple math which causes cheap people add more ZEROs to their bank accounts than the rest of us!! Grin
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 06:11:29 PM

FYI Updated instructions due to a slight error. After you have setup your USB drive and have setup the mining side of your Apollo you need to plug in your USB Drive and reboot your Apollo. The Apollo needs to reboot with the drive plugged in before it will work properly (previous instructions stated to plug in the drive and start the node in the menu without rebooting).

Stryfe thats the reason you had issues, thanks for pointing it out.

iDisturbia

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 06:14:17 PM

Inappreciable  Grin Grin

Right, at most it would at 1-2 watts additional when the MCU is on full power loading the node...and thats only for the first 15-30 minutes.

On the main subject, followed your instruction and recommended Samsung USB = up and running in about 15 minutes.

Thank you for all your hard work.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 06:28:34 PM

FYI Updated instructions due to a slight error. After you have setup your USB drive and have setup the mining side of your Apollo you need to plug in your USB Drive and reboot your Apollo. The Apollo needs to reboot with the drive plugged in before it will work properly (previous instructions stated to plug in the drive and start the node in the menu without rebooting).

Stryfe thats the reason you had issues, thanks for pointing it out.

hey, glad I could help! lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: